Days of Our Lives, Monday, Aug. 8, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
Short summary:
-Maggie gets shot. Victor is in pieces. (Or in as many pieces as Victor Kiriakis can be in!) She has a bullet in the back of her lung. She is stable, but the bullet is not yet removed.
-Carly wants more drugs to stop the pain. Quin gets his dealer to give her sugar pills, when carly finds out she is enraged, but eventually falls into Quins arms in tears and mixed emotions. They bond.
-Melanie, Jen and Dan work on tricks to find Carly.
-Stefano fires Marco
-Brady thinks EJ was tricking him with the truce.
-Nicole and Taylor talk about nothing.

Full Summary:
Marco points his gun, and shoots at Victor. Maggie runs for him to warn him, and she ends up getting shot herself. Victor holds her and coos sweetly in her ear, telling her that she’ll be okay. Stefano calls for an ambulance, and then waddles away from the pier.

Taylor finds Nicole at The Cheatin’ Heart. Taylor wants to talk about Nicole’s relationship with Brady. The conversation jumps around. They talk about EJ, and Sydney, then back to Brady… and then Nicole gets a phone call…

Chad and Sonny find EJ and Brady in the woods shaking hands; Chad and Sonny realize they had nothing to worry about. EJ explains to Brady that he can’t just snap his fingers and suddenly become a good person. All he can do it try to be.

Melanie notices that Daniel is still working even though he was off duty. Daniel says the same thing to Melanie. Melanie is working late because they were shorthanded (That doesn’t happen too often.) and Daniel is working late because he has paperwork to do. Melanie is just about to leave as she is looking for a place to make photocopies of the picture of the person last seen with Carly. She wants to hang it up everywhere. Jen comes up behind and agrees. Jen has heard something.

Carly calls her drug dealer. She wants her pills. The drug guy looks over at Quinn, who says to just give them to her. So he says he’ll bring them right over.

Jen wants to film Melanie begging for her mom to come home so that she can play it around on TV, hoping someone might hear it and Carly will come home. Melanie agrees. Daniel holds her after it’s over. Maxine walks in and informs them all that Maggie has been shot.

Carly holds the pill in her shaking hand while having a memory of Melanie hugging her saying “I don’t care about the picture. It’s going to be different now. We’re going to take care of you.” She tells herself that the intervention was all a dream. She believes that they still don’t know about her addiction. She runs to the bed, asking for the pain to stop.

Quinn walks in and asks about the pills. Quinn informs her that they were sugar pills. Not real. Carly freaks out on him, and is about to storm out, when Quinn begs her to stay and say he’s protecting her and feels terrible that her son left her... because his mom left him. After some talking, Carly runs into his arms and cries.

Daniel tries to get Melanie to work on Maggie, but she freaks out and cries. Jen sees the blood all over Victor and thinks he’s hurt. He’s fine, but he NEEDS Maggie saved. Daniel stops caring for Maggie to encourage Melanie to help, instead of calling in another doctor (… ahem?) and she runs to get tools for him. They get Maggie stable, but she has a bullet in her lung and needs to go into surgery.

Brady hears about Maggie over the phone and runs into the Brady pub. He tries to attack EJ. Sonny pushes him back, and Brady storms out screaming, “This is not over!”

Nicole answers her phone. It’s Brady, and he tells her about Maggie, too. Brady thinks the truce was all a setup. She yells at Taylor. Taylor is confused: “No, no no… but EJ said he wanted to turn his life around?!”

Stefano yells and scolds Marco. He’s fired and must leave the countrrrry. He must get on the plane, take the money, leave, and then never come back!

At the nurses’ station, Melanie is lashing out at Victor and had a sort of… freak out on him. Brady runs in and grabs Melanie to hold her.

Next time:
Nicole says to Brady, “Do not make things worse than they already are!”
EJ SCREAMS to Stefano, “I WAS PROTECTING MY FAMILY!”
Daniel, covered in blood screams, “Help! We’re losing her!”

Poirot: I'm so so sorry for misunderstanding. Have faith in me! I will get it up early next time.

I feel so ditzy sometimes ...:hair:

LOL, yep, I believe you. Why else would you label it Monday July 7? LOLOL. O.K. You are back from vacation, July has passed, it is now August, and you just HAVE to change your calendar, girl. (I just changed mine, Ha).

I fixed the date. And I love the line "Nicole & Taylor talk about nothing". Excellent! LOLOL

Went to university for 6 years to be able to do the job that I do, and I can't read the calendar. OH BOY! :rotfl:
I am a dissssssaaasster!
Thanks for correcting me, girl.

Pfffew. How about we get it together, Nicole! :rotfl:

Can I blame this on the pregnancy? LOL HECK, ladies can blame ANYTHING they want on pregnancy.

I find myself wondering what Quinns motives are? Is he really helping Carly, or helping to lead her to her downfall? Hmm...

It seems as though he is trying to help her, (sugar pills) and I wonder...she talked so much of how she misses her son, loves him, etc. Is Quin perhaps feeling like perhaps mothers don't really give up on their sons (as he used to feel his did). Tis hard to square this with his making Chloe continue as one of his "girls".

What a delightful surprise! I almost missed seeing this summary. Thanks a bunch, NicoleMarie! You may have gotten the date wrong but you did a real fine writeup.

Hmmm, seems Melanie once again proves she should not be in the nursing profession.

I had a feeling the President was going to interrupt Days with his speech, and sure enough, there he was right in the middle of it. I don't know how many minutes it took up but I was glad to have the summary here to read again so I could fill in the blanks.

Bye bye, Marco. Now who's going to take care of Stefano?

If Melanie were my nurse I would feel like I had a very young candy striper (or whatever they're called today) taking care of me.

What is going on with Quinn?? First the baseball cards, and now he's getting all emotional over Carly.

OC...does Days come on at 12:30 in your area? The Prez came on for about 20-25 minutes, I turned it off when it got past 1:00 p.m. All I know is, over on Facebook, Carolyn Hinsey (who writes for Soap Opera Digest) was having a fit about the ABC soaps, and so were many of her followers, along with a few B&B fans.

I would agree that Quin is seemingly all tea & sympathy towards Carly...and it just cannot be just because his mother left him when he was young. And here he is, pimping out Chloe. It just doesn't compute.

Yes, Barb, Days comes on 12:30-1:30 here. Don't know why the President's speeches come on during that time so often. It seems to be a favorite time for any news interruptions.

Back