Days of Our Lives-Monday, July 28, 2014

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Poirot asked me to write the summary because she can't today, so here goes!

PART 1

Eric is asking Daniel how John is doing, no change. Daniel asks Eric if he will return to the priesthood. Eric starts to reply, but stops upon spotting Nicole enter the room.

JJ is reading the newspaper, first about Brady possibly facing charges, then the lawsuit. He flashes back to the night with Paige, just as Jennifer walks in, apologizing for it coming to this. JJ remarks that that isn't what is bothering him. Over at Club TBD, Paige remembers that night too, then Eve walks in and reads the newspaper on the counter, smiles, spots Paige, is about to walk up to her but gets a phone call. She asks Dr. Chung about her test results, but then looks concerned.

Theresa enters the hospital and pulls Anne aside, asking about John's condition. Anne says no change, believes it will take a miracle for John to wake up. Anne tries to comfort Theresa but is shocked when Theresa is thankful John may die. In John's room, Roman shows up and tells Marlena he wishes he could wake up John for her. Marlena looks back at him. At the Kiriakis manse, Victor wants Brady to have a lawyer, but Brady is determined to take responsibility. The doorbell rings and Brady answers to Abe, asks Abe if he is under arrest.

Nicole asks if she interrupted something, but Eric says he was just leaving and wishes Daniel a good trip. Nicole notes it is 'frosty' in the room, asks about John's condition, and Daniel tells her no change. She starts to talk about Brady, but Daniel is very cold to her and shuts her down. Nicole asks about his trip, he lets her know he is going to be gone for a while, but doesn't want to talk to her ever again and continues to shut her down.

Eve tells Dr. Chung she understands, says something about 'juggling accounts' to work something out, thanks him and hangs up. She comes over to Paige, notes she is in a hurry to head home. Eve guesses this is about the lawsuit, but Paige decides to go home because she is in a bad mood. Eve says goodbye, has something to do, sits down at Paige's table as her daughter leaves.

Jennifer lets JJ know if he wants to talk, she is there for him. He knows and thanks her. JJ goes off to community service for his last day, as Jennifer is excited. She jokes about not being able to find a card for that. She is really proud of him and loves him a lot, but he tells her not to say things like that.

Anne says she knows Theresa isn't the 'cuddly type', but remarks that this is cold, even for her. Theresa says John was vicious to her, starts babbling on about having had enough of Anne and the hospital, Anne gets upset and shouts as Theresa looks back at her from the elevator.

Abe tells Brady there was nothing 'clear-cut' from the crime scene, which didn't add up to anything. Abe also notes the DA won't press charges since the two witnesses have determined it was just self-defense. Brady wonders about manslaughter, Victor shuts him up, thanks Abe, says he 'renewed his faith in the US justice system', and Abe tells Brady to think long and hard about what caused all this. Victor makes a joke about Abe liking nothing more to hear himself sermonize, Brady defends Abe. Victor tries to cheer up Brady, but Brady says this whole thing is his fault.

Nicole tells Daniel she knows she can't change how he feels, but tried to make amends with Eric. Daniel tells Eric she really hurt him, he will not forget her so easily, he was vulnerable. Nicole remarks something about never defending herself, everyone thinks she is always bad, and this is all Kristen's fault and Nicole tried to help Eric. She admits she messed up but she loves Eric and never wanted to hurt him. Daniel says Eric loved Nicole but she betrayed him and hurt him more than Kristen. Nicole tells Daniel they used to be good friends and Daniel says it was his mistake.

Eric enters the room and hugs his parents. Daniel said there was no change, he tells them. Eric lets them know about his meeting with the Vatican in Rome, there's no guarantees. Roman is happy, has faith he will get back in the priesthood, as Marlena thinks that is where he belongs. Marlena asks Eric to give John a blessing, despite him being out of the priesthood. Eric blesses John and prays for him. Eric leaves the room and bumps into Nicole, she tries to leave. He asks her not to go and touches her arm.

Jennifer asks JJ what's bothering him but he doesn't wanna talk about it. Jennifer remembers how close JJ and Jack were, they reminisce, she talks about how JJ came back from the bad times, is her miracle baby, they are stronger and closer than ever, and she will always love him. JJ gets tears, they hug.

Theresa is in the Square, gets a phone call, and it is Eve, who asks if she saw the front page. Theresa did, thinks Eve is being insensitive given the situation with Brady. Eve says Brady will get an annulment, Theresa has hope, Eve jokes about it. A lot of snarks, Theresa is mad Eve calls her "Jeannie", but Eve says she came to talk about the lawsuit. Eve wants a favor from Theresa, but she refuses before even knowing what it is, someone she cares about might go to prison. Eve thinks Theresa might go, since she only cares about herself. More argument, Theresa hangs up and leaves.

Daniel comes by the Kiriakis house, Daniel tries to cheer up Brady but he won't. Victor tells Daniel to tell him there is still hope, there is. Daniel asks if Brady wants him to stay instead of attending the medical conference in St. Louis, but Brady says he needs to handle his own problems. Daniel blames it on Kristen, setting it in motion. Brady says he is still responsible for his drinking.Daniel is leaving, but Eve is right outside, glad to see him. She apologizes for the lawsuit, he already read it in the paper. She wants to explain but he says he is leaving, goodbye. She thinks it isn't her morning.

Roman wants to take Marlena home because she is tired, but she can't leave. Roman realizes Marlena still loves John. JJ is in the Square finishing up community service, and Paige stops by, holding something he dropped. Brady gets off the phone with Theresa, has to meet her. Victor is upset about this, he doesn't trust Theresa around the family money, calls her a "money-hungry woman", hopes Brady won't make the mistakes Victor did. Nicole asks what Eric wanted to speak with her about, he asks if she talked to the Bishop. She says yes, he asks if she decided to speak on his behalf yet.

PART 2:

Nicole tells Eric she let the Bishop know she would think overnight, but there was nothing to think about: she'll accompany Eric because she'll do anything to help him. Roman tells Marlena she has never stopped loving John, tells her that if she decides to go home, he will take her home if she calls. Marlena can't leave, Roman goes, but stops at the door and looks at Doc.

In the Square, Paige has given JJ his phone. He wanted to call, text, but he couldn't, apologizes, he didn't mean to push her. He just thinks she is really beautiful, she tries to stop him, but he tells her he needs to say this: it was a bad mistake, he isn't like that, it was wrong. He would never pressure her, hates himself if he offended her, thinks she is amazing, and asks for her forgiveness.

Victor opens the door to Eve, looks back in the house and asks if "anyone ever order a hooker?". LOL. Eve says Victor hasn't change a bit. Victor asks what she want, she came to see Theresa. Victor tells her she isn't; he has a prejudice for 'money-grubbing whores', more snark, tells Eve she is stealing from veterans so she should leave Salem and prostitute herself elsewhere. Eve tells her that she is staying and will get what is hers.

Theresa and Brady hug in the park, he lets her know he is facing no charges. He thanks her for her support, she is so happy and is almost crying, saying he'd never deliberately hurt John. Theresa says John tried to attack him, but Brady can't believe that, he wasn't sober. She says she was telling Eve how Brady was traumatized, but now it is over, wants them to think about what comes next. Brady wants to stop talking about John, but does want to talk about their marriage: the annulment. Theresa thinks Brady should take his time, but he wants to sign the papers immediately. She stops him from leaving, he asks if she has a problem with getting annulled.

Paige tells JJ she can't forgive him because he didn't do anything wrong. He says he should've stopped. JJ's boss (a real hottie! Almost looks like Brandon, lol) comes over, looks like he is giving him a hard time, but tells JJ to stay in school, lets him out early, glad he proved him wrong. JJ and Paige walk off hand in hand.

Eric is praying in the church, flashes back to the almost-kiss with Nicole the other day. Stands, and Brother Timothy (who was on before Eric got back with Nicole) comes in, shakes Eric's hand. Eric needs his help knowing G-d's will.

Theresa tells Brady there's no problem, it was a big mistake. But tells him there is no rush at all, she is standing by a friend. She understands they can't hang out anymore, asks if they are still friends. Brady assures her they still will be, but he needs time alone to clear his head. He tells her Justin will be in touch, and leaves. Theresa sits on the bench and is telling herself it is a temporary setback, but can't stop feeling terrible.

Later, Eve comes to Theresa's apartment and notices Theresa crying, Theresa blames it on allergies, but Eve is sympathetic and won't leave like Theresa asks. They argue a bit but then the bell rings, and Theresa opens the door to Anne, who says she is out of line for calling her out, she risked everything for Theresa, left her pomegranate scrub facial early to see Theresa. Theresa introduces the two of them, Anne tells Theresa is not going just because Eve is here. Theresa gets rid of Eve so she can speak with Anne, Eve has a great snark: whispers to Theresa that "that's a face that needs more pomegranate". LOL. Eve leaves, and eavesdrops from the door. Theresa drinks some champagne, apologizes, Anne understands she is concerned about Brady. Theresa tells her Brady is annulling the marriage, but she really wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. More talk, Anne tells her to save the soft talk for the 'dumb stud with a 2.gazillion alcohol blood level', lol. Theresa gets mad, Anne wants to know why Theresa was desperate about knowing John's condition and happy when she learned he may not recover. Eve is curious.

Marlena is sitting in the hospital room, thinks John may be waking, goes over to him, calls his name. Brother Timothy mentions the case being pleaded in Rome to Eric, back at the church. Eric mentions Nicole going, Timothy thinks her testimony may help, yet it could be awkward given the situation. Eric has been praying for help getting past his love for Nicole, but he can't bear it when he sees her. He thinks he might be angrier at her than he is at Kristen, asks if that anger is possible, but Timothy doesn't think the feeling Eric gets around Nicole is anger.

Nicole is at the mansion with Brady, saying she wants to help, if they are still friends. He lets her know they are, as he's in no position to be picky. They hug, she is so glad someone still wants to be her friend. At the park, Paige and JJ talk about community service, he is glad he did because he met Paige. They don't care about their parents' lawsuit, JJ apologizes for last night. They both want to be together for ever, look deeply in their eyes.

At the Horton House, Jennifer opens her door to Victor, can't believe that 'harlot', Eve Donovan, had the nerve to come to his house. Victor offers money, lawyers, to Jennifer to crush Eve. She kisses him on the cheek, is grateful, but she must handle this on her own. Victor brings up Daniel going to the medical conference, Jennifer wants to give him space like he asked, doesn't want Victor to change the subject to Daniel from Eve. Jennifer is glad he is on her side, but she must make peace with the situation she is in: letting Daniel go. Daniel arrives in his hotel room, talking on the phone (I think to Melanie) about videochatting. Closes the door as he enters, but a thug is behind him and knocks him out.He turns over Daniel's unconscious body.

JJ asks Paige if she really does want to be with him, she says of course. JJ admits he loves her, she says she loves him too, they kiss. At the house, Victor tells Jennifer and Daniel they are fools. Jennifer says they have tried many times to work it out, but Victor tells her to try again, because if they don't work it out, they will be very sorry.

Eric doesn't think he can forgive Nicole, but he still has feelings for her. Timothy asks if he still loves Nicole. At Theresa's place, she apologizes to Anne again, but Anne notices her changing the subject. Suddenly, she gets a phone call, has to leave, but is not dropping this, they have some parting words. After she leaves, Theresa starts to freak out and Eve (funnily) barges in and says it looks like Theresa is having a really bad day. Theresa asks if she forgot something, Eve admits to eavesdropping and heard everything she told Anne (she calls her some weird nickname). She is suspicious of why Theresa all of a sudden wants to stay, asks if it has to do with John not waking up. Theresa wants her to leave but she stays.

Brady talks about how he treated everyone badly, everything with Kristen is over. Nicole listens intently. Back at the hospital, Roman comes back in the room, Marlena apparently called him. She dozed off, woke up with this panic, had a feeling of dread like something terrible is about to happen.

And sure enough, the door to Daniel's hotel room opens, and in steps Kristen in a (hideous) leather black dress.

I know Nicole messed up but Daniel really needs to tone it down with the cold attitude because just like Eric, there's going to come a time once again where he too will be in need of her help. I wish they would let her go extremely off one good time on everyone that keeps putting her down with their self-righteous attitudes and are never nice to her or want to be bothered with her until they need her help.

The newspaper JJ was reading said "widow fights for dead husband's legacy" (or something along those lines).

Jennifer WAS NOT Jack's widow; they had not remarried after she divorced him (when she thought he was on the walk-about).

Thanks DaysD. I missed the last few scenes because they broke in with a special report right after the last commercial.

I want Daniel involved in continuing to support JJ's growth and in trying to deal with the three women who want to get back into his good graces, not this Kristen mess.

I thought it was a little ridiculous that Jen was telling JJ to break the male code by telling her what's going on with him when she is the queen of not telling people what's going on with her. I also wondered why she will accept Victor's help but goes crazy if Daniel says the exact same thing about "anything you need, let me know." about ANYTHING.

Daniel's anger at Nicole makes no sense, and I was wondering how much of it is displaced. It seems he's upset with Jen for not trusting him but is trying to prove to himself that she's wrong by going off on Nicole and Eve. He needs to get it together. I'm glad that Nicole is verbalizing the unfair way people treat her as opposed to everyone else in Salem and that she and Brady have found their way back to each other.

The newspaper JJ was reading said "widow fights for dead husband's legacy" (or something along those lines).

Jennifer WAS NOT Jack's widow; they had not remarried after she divorced him (when she thought he was on the walk-about).
I noticed that too. I was going to say something about it in my comment but forgot. Gosh, so stupid how the writers forget everything-or just say whatever they want because they think we are forgetful and dumb.:rolleyes:

I know Nicole messed up but Daniel really needs to tone it down with the cold attitude because just like Eric, there's going to come a time once again where he too will be in need of her help. I wish they would let her go extremely off one good time on everyone that keeps putting her down with their self-righteous attitudes and are never nice to her or want to be bothered with her until they need her help.

Remember when Alice was the go to "good Guy"....

I think Daniel is upset with Nicole because she promised him, promised him again, and again, and again (to tell Eric) and broke her promise every time. She failed him, and thus broke the trust they shared.
And Daniel rightly realizes that Eve knew he had been involved with Jen, was trying very hard to come on to him, but never mentioned the lawsuit. So, he figures, and is correct, that Eve was using him, and so, isn't receptive to whatever lies that Eve figures on telling.

Thanks, daysdg......appreciate you filling in. Good job.

Kristen's back and she seems to be as crazy as ever. She left Salem as a fugitive, so she comes back inconspicuously clad in a hideous leather dress. And why is she kidnapping the Love Doctor? Stefano really should send this nut case off to his secret island. Another candidate for the not too sharp category is once again the Salem P.D., which failed to thoroughly grill the brat girl about how her story is inconsistent with John Black being hit from above and behind. Now they have a leading citizen in a coma and no charges filed against anybody. Where's Bo Brady when you need him? He'd have browbeaten Jeannie Theresa until she confessed to every foul deed she's committed since arriving in Salem.

That would make sense if Daniel hadn't already forgiven Nicole, told Eric this is just how Nicole is, and continued to talk to her and about her as if she were a friend despite her insistence that they were no longer friends. It's only when Nicole calmed down and decided she wanted to repair their friendship that Daniel was suddenly angry about everything she'd done and wants nothing to do with her. It's not only contradictory but contrary to Daniel's character to treat Nicole this way, in my opinion.

Thanks DaysD for the summary.

I guess Daniel's "save the day" necklace doesn't work on him.

Did the "hitman" hit Daniel with something or just his hand?

I wonder how long it will take for Brady and Theresa's annulment
to happen. Will it take months?

I loved Victor's remarks to Eve.

I wonder if one of the writers likes the name Tammy. Today we
heard Tammy Wynette.

I almost had to use tissue when Roman talked to Marlena. He told
her he would do anything to wake John up. Poor Roman, will
he ever get a kiss :cry:

Ugh. Kristen.

Daniel getting beaten should have been the highlight of my life. But, sadly, it fell flat because it was too obvious. The being a jerk to everyone, the sudden trip, ick. I'm really hoping Kristen kills him, seriously sick of him.

Victor propping Daniel & Jennifer. His zingers were all misfires today because they only furthered the cheap plots. (Though he delivered them hilariously as usual.)

Loved Jen & JJ's talk; not crazy about Paige/JJ declaring "love" :sick:. Paige is smarter than that.

I still love Anne even though I'm not supposed to. And Jen Lilley (Jeannie Theresa) is on fire.

The lawsuit...oh boy, this'll hurt nearly as much as seeing Kristen/Daniel in limbo sets every day.

Back