Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 2, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Folks, things are buzzing at the Square, as clumps of people interact across the party. Hopefully this makes sense!! I also missed 3 minutes for that really important Lester Holt newsbreak (from :18-:21).

At the Kmansion, Lucas & Adrienne are kissing passionately on the couch. He starts to unbutton her blouse, she stops him. Lucas apologises, but Adrienne clarifies that she just meant they shouldn't be in the study. (I guess it's been awhile since she's had Sex in Salem.) They go through a door to a hallway, sneaking around. Later, they are in a bedroom, double checking they're sure before going in for a big kiss. Later, they are breathing heavily and laughing, Adrienne thinks what they did was insane, but she's not sorry, and they both admit it's been "awhile." It's just a shame it can't go on, Adrienne says. Initially shocked, Lucas says they should just enjoy this now, while Adrienne worries about how much was wrong, and how they've seen it coming, even Justin did. Justin's the least of their worries, considering the trouble in their sons' marriage; they resolve nobody should know. Lucas is glad Henderson's off today, or this news would be on twitter before he could get home, but Adrienne says Henderson's into Instagram now (LOL). They chuckle, Lucas loves her laugh, she's glad she's laughing. More kissing.

In the square, Aiden asks Rafe to hang something up, affording the latter the opportunity to admire the work Aiden & John have been doing. Rafe is hanging the poster, which claims Paul is a baseball star. Sonny looks mournfully at it, Rafe remarks that it's funny that Will writes an article about this guy whom Sonny never met, and the guy ends up Saving his life. Sonny dismissively acknowledges the remark as he asks where Will is; Rafe hasn't seen him since the announcement about Paul being the donor. Sonny scoots away, and Rafe calls "Happy Anniversary" after him, with a worried look.

Aiden and Hope smile at each other, exchange looks, just as the kids run up. They're excited, Ciara's been practicing Ring Toss. Abe and Theo come up to them, and Aiden calls Paul over after Rafe grabs Abe to help him with more banners. Chase gushes, knows Paul's ERA (1.42), is thrilled when Paul signs a ball for him. Ciara remarks to Theo, "His career is over, tragic." AND HOPE SMACKS HER SHOULDER (!) admonishing her manners, but Paul admits his pitching career is over and likes Ciara's honesty. Hope apologises.

Still in the Square Abby bumps into Chad as they are going over a supply list. Abby forgot lids for the cups, so they go to get some. (Riveting!!) They kibbutz and talk about Chad's motives (he thinks her family thinks he's up to no good) as they retrieve them from Club TBD. Their conversation focuses on nothing really, Abby brings up the book & quotes again, they're laughing as Ben enters and asks if he can help.

Sonny is now working the Club TBD table as Ben rushes up, a test ran long, will apparently be helping Sonny; Sonny needs lids for the cups, sends Ben after them. Marlena comes over looking for John, who Sonny surmises might be with Will. Marlena goes off in search of them, Rafe comes over looking for Will, because Will's the "point person" for the Spectator photog. Sonny suggests Chad step in, Rafe won't ask him, Sonny will; Rafe contemplatively looks over Sonny, finally asks if he's okay, Sonny says yeah. Rafe moves away, but comes back when Sonny recants a bit, and admits he did know Paul before (doesn't say everything though). Why is he telling Rafe this? Sonny thought he looked worried. The conversation drops when Sonny's barista needs his help.

Replay of Tori pleading her case to Will, Paul won't just turn his back on those in need. Will shows her the article; John appears from behind the gate and calls out, "Tori!" How many years has it been, John wonders...all Tori says (wink, wink) is "a long time." He hugs her as Will looks confused. (A new look for him.) John gushes, can't believe she's in town, shoots questions at her and she can barely answer, but she basically tells him she's here on Sonix business but is booked solid, takes his card before he scoots off to round up the kids, asking for Will's help. Will is all smiles as John is around, but the second he's gone, his face turns angry (admittedly strong performance today by Guy Wilson as Will) and he wags his finger in John's direction, demanding Tori tell him what that was about. Tori asks if Will wanted John to know she's being blackmailed. Will has more questions, won't let Tori finish, finally gets the flash that John Black is Paul's father. She pulls out her familiar hit, "Paul's Father Died Before He Was Born," Will isn't buying that record today. She points out she's the only Japanese woman she's seen in town, John could have put it together, Will guesses she was using a different name "back then." She had a professional name back then, there's no reason for John to know she's Paul's mother.

Marlena has found John, tells him the photographers arrived and she's looking for Will, he found Will...but Ciara rushes up, needs John's help with the ring toss (excellent writing here!!).

Will and Marlena talk about Paul's paternity secret, Will admits he jumped the gun, if Tori wanted it to be a secret, it's not his business to dredge up the past. Chad interrupts, is having trouble with the photographer, who will only listen to Will. Will hugs Marlena as he begs off, looking a bit concerned as he says everything's settled.

Abby and Ben are helping kids with a ball game, the photographer has her pose for a picture. Theo runs over to Chad, gets upset that he can't go rollerblading with "Uncle Chad & Abigail" as Chad tries to explain that Ben can go with them instead, he's Abby's new boyfriend, etc. Theo is getting upset, Abe comes over to corral him, but Ben purports to be unfazed. More pictures with Abby & Ben & the kids before they get ready for the egg-spoon relay. Later, Abby talks to Ben about how her life is in the open, but she doesn't know much about him. He claims not to be holding anything back.

Rafe and Marlena are talking about the successful blast and how everyone's having fun, and Rafe slyly mentions that this probably wasn't how Will & Sonny expected to spend their first anniversary...does she know what's going on with those two? Marlena plays dumb, Rafe doesn't buy it, but reads Marlena's cues and accepts that she might not be able to talk about it. Of course his main concern is Arianna, and what this could do to her; Marlena thinks they'll shield her from damage. How well does that work out in your professional experience, wonders Rafe. She agrees to help; he wants to be sure she knows that he's more than happy to help if the boys need a break, and more than ready to step in if she's affected. Marlena understands.

Paul has been assisting a tyke with a game, Sonny comes over beaming, all this success is because of him. No, it's Sonny's coffee, jokes Paul. Chad comes over with the photographer, who wants shots of Paul. Sonny tries to leave, Chad tells the story of Paul's donating blood, insists Paul & Sonny be shot together. Of course, Will is watching from a storefront. Chad calls him over, introduces him, says it's Will & Sonny's anniversary and they're spending it helping the kids. The photographer has to cue them to stand together, snaps a pic, then snatches Paul for some shots with the kids. They watch Paul with the kids, Sonny is about to say something about how "Paul always," but stops, Will says it's okay, Paul & Sonny shared things; he & Sonny have shared things. If he's lucky, they'll have many more anniversaries. Hope breaks it up, the kids disperse, and the photographer asks Hope/Aiden for a picture of "the family." Snaps it, asks for their names, assuming their married. They blurble out their names as they chortle about not being married (Hope: stop spending time with Melanie). Sonny comes over, asks Hope & Aiden to go get water guns out of his office.

Later, Marlena and John are talking about the amazing success, and how the extra $50k will do so much good. They finally get back to the subject of the person John ran into, he admits it was a gal, Tori Simpson, Marlena has fleeting jealousy, John explains they were in different places in their lives back then, this appeases Marlena, who didn't know her; John is further excited to tell her that she was talking to Will when they ran into each other, saying she was in town on Sonix business. Marlena asks if they were involved, John says, "Brieflyalongtimeago." Admits he didn't want her to be blindsided in case they ran into Tori; Marlena says she's glad she told her, but looks a little riled as he rubs her shoulder.

Hope & Aiden kiss in Sonny's office, Ciara and Chase catch them, they had a bet (which Ciara won) about how long Hope & Aiden could go without touching each other. That's what happens when you're in love, Ciara explains. Chase is anxious to go back outside, Ciara and Chase weasel the guns from the adults; Hope is worried about Chase losing the money, Aiden laughs & points out that Chase got first dibs on the water guns, and they fret about the duo as teenagers, agreeing they'll be "so dead." They kiss again, Aiden says he loves Hope.

Will is trying to get Sonny to do something after the event for their anniversary, just them. Marlena comes over and pulls him aside, needs to talk to him NOW. Paul races by, pursued by watergun-wielding kids, Sonny calls out that those are the prizes, chases after them, tells them not to squirt the guest of honour. Paul turns the tables on him, tells the kids to get Sonny! Of course soon both are soaked, Sonny tells Paul he's got extra shirts in his office. Back in that gate clearing, Marlena wants to know exactly what's going on.

In the corner booth at the Pub, Hope & Aiden are snuggling, talking about the good day, how good it was for their kids, how they didn't eat, and how soon the President will be talking about Iran. (Oh wait, that was Lester Holt again, sorry folks, didn't get the last 6 minutes here.)

At the Kmansion, Lucas & Adrienne are kissing passionately on the couch. He starts to unbutton her blouse, she stops him. Lucas apologises, but Adrienne clarifies that she just meant they shouldn't be in the study. (I guess it's been awhile since she's had Sex in Salem.)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sounds like Adrienne is out of the loop about inappropriate sexual activities in places where anyone can walk in.

My thoughts:
I'm on the fence still with Adrienne & Lucas. Their scenes were fun, but could have been just as fun with their clothes on, playing backgammon or something with a few stolen kisses. I just feel like the writers thought, "heck, they're not doing anything better, let's hook up Adrienne & Lucas." Their remarks about Henderson did have me rolling. I just feel bad that two characters I care a lot about aren't acting like themselves, and have leapt into the sack rather than exploring their relationship.

LOTS of action and movement today, including plot advancements. Good to watch, hard to summarise! LOL

For those who got the last few minutes of the show...WHAT HAPPENED? I'm guessing shirtless Paul & Sonny caught by Will?

I really liked the John/Marlena scenes and how Marlena's brain is working. Rafe's, too. I like smart characters. They keep the plot moving. Dummies like Will just say the same thing over & over & over & over, or hide things because secrets always stay buried in Salem. (And if they told them, they couldn't say the same threats over & over & over & over.)

Aiden & Hope's scenes were great, too, and I'll even overlook their dumb Melonhead moment. Is this honestly the first time anyone's ever assumed they were married? Pshhhhhffft!!!

Abe, once again, is filler. Theo, once again, exists to prop Chad/Abby. :rolleyes:

I really don't mind a breaking news alert, but everything Lester Holt said could have been scrolled across my screen, and the rest summarised on the nightly news. Is there really any reason I had to know about this deal at 1:30 PM!?!?! Seriously? And I'm a pretty politically active guy, but getting sick of these interruptions for very small things!! (Although today's was a bigger deal than the usual "alert," it was still nothing that would affect my life from 1:30-5PM not knowing about it.)

I don't like that Adrienne slept with Lucas, but I can understand it. Justin confessed to an affair that Adrienne assumes is on-going because Justin made no attempt to convince her otherwise. She has no obligation not to see other people, although I'd rather she'd filed for divorce first. I'll just reference again, this was the only saving grace for me with Hope and Aiden. They had her divorce Bo before she jumped in bed with Aiden (which didn't take long).

Will lied to Marlena so easily about his reasons for deleting that article. There was a time when she was the last person he'd ever lie to, now it seems no one is off limits to his flights of fancy.

Paul and Sonny, again, not subtle at all!

Rafe mentioning again that whatever is going on with Sonny and Will is not good for Ari. I wouldn't mind if we got a story about Rafe challenging Will for custody of his niece.

Well, well, well, if it does turn out that John is Paul's daddy, bet he won't take too kindly to his step-grandson threatening his baby-mama with blackmail. Won't that make for some interesting dinner conversation with Marlena??

Other than Will, Abby/Chad/CameronBen and the sex scene I really liked this episode. I am so looking forward to this reporter rocking everyone's world tomorrow but it was nice to see so many people having fun today. And Rafe was on again this week.:). I really wish that they could have waited for Lucas to hop in bed with someone else's wife so he could have some fun interacting with other people today. No Jonas:)

I just can't get over all the smiles and FUN. Not whatever Brady and Theresa were deluding themselves with but actual FUN.

I am really liking Paul and I don't think Will is going to send him off too easily.

John and Marlena are so cute. Glad he didn't hold back any information. Still not happy how they "resolved" that mess with Kristen.

It's been over a year since hanging out with Chad and Abby has been "routine" for Theo. It's weird seeing Chad in plain clothes.

I don't know what Rafe thinks is going on in that household but I hope he doesn't try to fight for custody if Sonny divorces Will.

Aiden and Hope were super cute today too. I see Chase is not one to learn his lesson. 4 dollars gone in one day.

Well, well, well, if it does turn out that John is Paul's daddy, bet he won't take too kindly to his step-grandson threatening his baby-mama with blackmail. Won't that make for some interesting dinner conversation with Marlena??

Nor will he appreciate the fact that Will was all to willing to keep it from John for his own selfish reasons.

LAST FEW MINUTES:
John's putting some boxes away, praising Paul to Rafe. Back in the office, Paul is changing shirts, and Sonny turns around and sees him. They get close, feeling the heat. At the gate, Marlena is confronting Will about the "secret he knows"...that John is Paul's father!! Tori is in her room looking at the picture, talking of how Paul and her father would hate her for the shame she brought to her family.

Mark your calendar, people, I liked the show, today ! :)

First of all, and that's a big bonus : No Melanie, no Daniel, no Jennifer, Eve, Paige, JJ, Theresa. Seriously, that was amazing ! And the show was so much better without these characters, I'm sorry to say.

So, no gloom and doom. Yes, stupid Will was there with his blackmail, but that's typical soap stuff, so I'll go with it. Plus, like Jason said, the actor playing Will is doing a good job. Too bad his character might be ruined, although, I saw a glimpse of hope. He did try to back off (too little too late obviously) when he realized John was Paul's father. His mother, Sami, would not have shown the same "courtesy". She would have gone ahead full speed. Still, Will has really opened a can of worms. So, let's see where this goes. It could be interesting (though, like Drake Hogestyn, who plays John, said, one has to forget some of Days history to be taken by this storyline, since the timeline is so not accurate).

I liked that the show was fun. Again, no gloom and doom all the time. Writers, take notes : comic relief is always welcome.

I actually like Abigail with Chad. I think they have chemistry. Maybe Abigail should go to the dark side a little. It would make her more tolerable, less all sugar and sweet, miss perfect, like her mother (which neither of them truly are). I'm still bored with the character of Ben. Maybe if he and Abigail break up, there could be another love interest for him, or a whole new storyline, who knows ? Just not working with Abigail, though.

Hope, Aiden, Chase, Ciara : cute. Although Ciara is not very nice, is she ? I smell the troubled teenager...

Adrienne and Lucas : I like them together. It was tastefully done, I think. Again, I wish Adrienne and Justin had gotten a divorce first, but I still think there is potential for these two great vets ! So I'll stay open minded.

Rafe was on ! Yes. Plus, he's going back to his old self : nobody fools him. More of that, please.

Sonny and Paul : Saw that coming a mile away. And I can't say I blame Sonny. Again, I'm willing to see where this goes.

Yep, definitely a much better show than usual.

I haven't paid too much attention to all of Tori's backstory but did she have her family thinking she was married to Paul's father? A man they never met? Or is the shame that John is married now?

I hope she tells her son what that little rat has been doing to her.

:OT: You are so right, JS!! It's funny too because Bryan Datillo (Lucas) mentioned in the 50th Anniversary SOD magazine that he used to watch Days with his grandmother and remembers watching the Adrienne/Justin story. LOL. :back:

I haven't paid too much attention to all of Tori's backstory but did she have her family thinking she was married to Paul's father? A man they never met? Or is the shame that John is married now?
We really don't know what she told her family (at this point). All we know is that she told Paul his father died before he was born.

I disagree about Lucas and Adrienne being tastefully done. Taking another man upstairs in the house of her husband's relatives, yuck. They should've went to Lucas' or the Salem Inn.

Watching Abigail bat her eyes at Chad just once again reminded me how sleazy I find her. She is never happy unless she has a guy on the side it seems.

...It could be interesting (though, like Drake Hogestyn, who plays John, said, one has to forget some of Days history to be taken by this storyline, since the timeline is so not accurate)....

Right? I'm thinking he must have been with Tori in Salem between Isabella and Rebecca, which was not super long. Would it have hurt them to say that? "We dated for a bit, it was right after Izzy B died, I couldn't give her everything she deserved."??? And there's really not a lot about that timeline that wouldn't make sense. Heck, she could have worked for him at Alamain Enterprises for a few months, they had a fling, she got transferred. So many options with what already's been written. *END RANT*

Thanks DaysDe for the last few minutes. Colour me surprised that Will didn't walk in on our star pitcher & coffee boy!! Seriously though - WHERE IS SONNY'S BRAIN?

Great Point Writer that Sami would have charged ahead.

Back