Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 23, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Jennifer chasing Eve through the Square, shouting about Eve's feelings for JJ, as Paige and JJ walk up. Paige demands answers, what are you fighting about. Jennifer covers by saying they were talking about dinner, Eve says she's not ready for that, tries to turn the tables on JJ, but Paige pulls Eve away. JJ wants to know what Jen/Eve were really talking about; Jen flashes back to YESTERDAY asking about Eve's feelings, says they'll talk about it later. Paige scolds Eve, who had promised to give JJ another chance, Eve tries to postpone the convo, asks about classes, Paige has a break and wants to spend time with JJ. Eve accuses her of sleeping with JJ, Paige says it's none of her business, but admits it. Eve sticks to her "huge mistake" line, Paige continues to want Eve to be happy she's happy. Paige then tells Jen/JJ about Eve's past, how protective Eve's been because of how men have used her; noticeable expression in Jen's face. The kids leave; Jen invites Eve to her house for a private talk, not another round of fighting.

Daniel and Xander are at Club TBD, Daniel is complimenting him on "turning his life around." Eric questions this, Xander explains he had a brush with the law when he was younger. Daniel apologises for blabbing, goes to hug Maggie, while Xander explains how Vic helped him out onto the "right path" after that summer with Daniel & Brady. Meanwhile, Daniel learns that Nicole is at his place, and he & Maggie worry about Nicole & Serena meeting, causing Daniel to zip over to his place, but he gets stopped by Victor, who of course gushes over him while Xander watches. Xander tries to get on Vic's good side, asks about the family dinner, it slipped Victor's mind, and now has to wait until Brady returns from "Titan business overseas". Outside, Xander gets the brush-off again from Vic.

Serena is scooping the "diamonds" into a little envelope, Nicole walks in, wants to know what Serena's hiding. Nicole wants to know what's behind her back, Serena reveals her phone, explains how Maggie let her in to find a book she had some notes in. Nicole's not buying it, remembers how Serena was here last night, didn't mention the book. Serena lies; Nicole pushes more. More lies and accusations, Serena tries to leave; Nicole grabs her purse, which Serena drops, spilling the diamonds, but they don't notice as they get physical. Daniel breaks it up, nobody sees the diamonds, Serena makes a clean getaway. And then Daniel gets all tone-y with Nicole, "What was that about?" Daniel is upset that Nicole was at his place arguing with "Eric's girlfriend" instead of meeting him at the Pub, since today was their "public fun day." Nicole should have stuck to the plan, per Daniel, who then wants to go to lunch and forget the whole thing. Nicole goes to freshen up, tells Daniel she's not sure about the "fun" date anymore.

Replay of Melanie tormenting the Italian lady in what is definitely NOT a redress of the "private park" set. Melanie is asking about a baby at the DiMera house, where the lady apparently works. The lady denies the presence of a baby, leaves; Melanie NOW wonders if she's doing the right thing, and starts babbling about her options (while completely alone in the middle of a foreign country).

Brady demands answers from Kristen, wanting to know about his child. Kristen plays dumb. Meanwhile, Mandrake wonders where Kristen is. Brady and Kristen argue, Kristen plays innocent victim, thinks it's ridiculous, asks if Brady's doing drugs. Offers to call Maggie and have Victor come help; Brady keeps pushing, Kristen keeps playing victim. Back & forth; Brady wants to look around. She agrees to let him, on condition that he leaves when he's done. They search; Mandrake hears them and readies his gun.

At Jennifer's, Jen and Eve talk about how Paige and JJ are sleeping together. Jen accuses Eve of wanting JJ for herself. Jen talks about Eve's childhood, and wonders if what happened to her then is affecting her more than she realises, now. Jen says Eve should deal with these issues, which Eve insists are in the past, or it will ruin her life & her daughter's. Jen is actually being nice, Eve gets vicious again, says she kept the coat to remind her of how awful she was. Jen tries to remind Eve of when they were friends, but this just brings out more hate from Eve. Jen promises she'll never say a word to Eve, who hates Jen.

Meanwhile at the hotel, JJ frets about their moms' fighting, but Paige says that nothing Eve does can make her stop loving JJ. JJ is freaked, while Paige tries to get frisky, knocks over his bag, which has some presents for her. One is a bracelet, another is a music box. He had bought them for Christmas (but they were broken up), threw them away, tracked them down again. Later, they are trying to have a sex montage, but he stops, worried he'll lose her again. She convinces him he won't.

Melanie comes to the front door of the DiMera castle, claims to be a nurse, Mandrake asks her to return in an hour. (Meanwhile in the background Brady and Kristen are searching and have heard the doorbell.) She says okay, he closes the door and leaves the room. Melanie opens the door and sneaks in, looking around. That's right, they didn't lock the door to the top-secret DiMera castle. Brady is done searching, Kristen has explained away the doorbell, really goes over the top talking about Brady's crazy theories, and how he's destroyed the last bit of love she had for him. He leaves after Kristen reminds him that he promised not to come back again. Brady reports back to Victor (as he inconspicuously watches from the Italy park with binoculars). Despite Brady's insistence that he needs no help, Victor orders a squad over there.

Maggie and Eric are talking at Club TBD about how Victor is a good man, despite what he did at the wedding, and how he straightened Xander out.

At the Pub, Serena has given Xander the diamonds, but he needs to compare them to the original inventory, which could take some time.

Eve arrives at her house, her picture of Paige has broken again, she has a vision of JJ comforting her. Meanwhile, Jen calls Daniel for help, he agrees just as Nicole comes out of the bathroom, she calls him out on how he can keep secrets with Jen, but she can't. She storms out.

Kristen and Mandrake talk about Brady's hunches, Kristen is sure that Brady's watching the place, and that Victor will be sending "spies," so they must be careful since Jeannie T is en route. Mandrake talks about the nurse coming early, maybe they should call her; this alarms Kristen, who spoke to the nurse herself. Meanwhile, Melanie has found the secret passage and Christopher.

Let's not get our hopes up about the diamonds being delivered and that wrapping up the Serena/Xander saga. I would be willing to bet she missed picking up one that fell when she had the confrontation with Nicole, it would just figure. Good Grief!! I hope all of this nonsence is building to some conclusion. I'm looking forward to the events surrounding the baby Christopher!

Eric's pouty scowl face at Victor was ridiculous. Jenn Jenn calling Dan, after telling him off, was ridiculous. Dan is a jerk for once again talking to Nicole the way he did, but hey at least today he didn't crane his neck to watch her backside as she walked off.

I am wondering where, if anywhere, they are going with this Xander seemingly being jealous of Brady and Daniel. And where they might be going with Eve imagining JJ was there. Great acting by Kassie DePaiva (Eve) today.

edited to add actress' last name and character name - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

Wow !

So, Melanie absolutely has to babble, even when alone ! :eek: I had to ask yesterday how annoying she could get. Now I've got my answer.

Daniel : Nicole was right on, when she said HE has the right to keep secrets, while she has to report her every move. Get a clue, Nicole ! Stop reporting to Daniel. He's not worth it.

Serena and the diamonds : Please, move it along. And I'm sorry, but the wardrobe department is really not doing the actress a favor. She's absolutely beautiful, but those too tight dresses really do not look good.

Oh, about tight dresses, enough of these, period. Serena, Kristen, Eve. Put them in... I don't know... pants, once in a while. Oh, and Sleeveless Jenny is baaaaaack !

Speaking of Jennifer and Eve : Can these two equally meddling and screeching women, great candidates for mother of the year award, go at it long enough so that they both die from having no food or drink for too long ? Please ?

JJ : So he's pretty much ruined for me. You don't sleep with your girlfriend's mother and then sleep with the girlfriend. That's not romantic, it's just gross and sick. FF for me.

Eric : Yep, it's official. The wind blew and his face got stuck in a sourpuss expression. He should've have listened to all the grandmas out there who knew this really could happen !

Kristen and Brady : Blah, blah, blah : I still don't care about this baby stealing stuff. Really, I don't.

Now, on to more positive notes :

Xander : Still not tired of him. In fact, I may take pleasure in watching him take shots at Brady, Daniel and now, possibly Eric. Oh, yes, bring it on !

Still love Victor !

Nicole looked gorgeous !

Yikes, quite a bit of FF material for me today. JJ/Paige, the debacle in the square with their mothers, Melanie talking to herself, Daniel/Nicole deja vu argument #7,956. Although, I did actually watch the calmer conversation between Jennifer and Eve back at the Horton house. They're much easier to take when not screaming at each other. I'm not sure it's Jennifer's place to bring up Eve's past and how it relates to now but if that leads to a better character-driven storyline for Eve then I can be on board for that.

I pretty much tuned out the filler scenes with Xander, Eric, Daniel, Victor, and Maggie. I'm so sick of Nicole being right about her suspicions of Serena and yet getting berated by Daniel yet again. As soon as he brought up Eric's name my finger hit the FF button. I imagine 1 or 2 of those diamonds had to have fallen between the cushions on the couch or on the floor. Maybe Parker will find his sparkles. LOL.

I'm thinking Mandrake isn't going to be long for this world. He forgot to lock the door after shooing Melanie away and she saw the secret access to the nursery. I'm guessing she will get caught by Kristen tomorrow and Brady will probably hear from the pilot that Melanie came looking for him. I'm glad Victor sent reinforcements anyway. I really wish John/Marlena/Shane/Kimberly could be involved in this storyline. I did have to laugh a little when Kristen asked Brady if he was back on drugs again. :rotfl:

I imagine 1 or 2 of those diamonds had to have fallen between the cushions on the couch or on the floor. Maybe Parker will find his sparkles. LOL.
Serena needs to buy Ciara some jewelry and ask her to sniff out the diamonds that you just know fell on the floor or into the couch. Ciara would be like a truffle pig hunting them down.

And can I just say that I'm sick of Paige calling Jennifer, Mrs. Horton. Um, it's either Mrs. Deveraux or Ms. Horton. I hate how some of these characters go back and forth with that. I remember one time someone (Kate, I think) called Abigail, "Abigail Horton". Um....nope.

Thanks for the summary. Seems I didn't miss much. I won't even bother commenting on the silliness with Kristen, or Melanie's babbling. Not worth my time.

Everything at the Club sounds boring. I like Xander, but he's being wasted by spending time with Eric the sourpuss. I also wish that Maggie had more to do than gossip. Elsewhere, I'm bored of the diamonds storyline, but I'm even more bored at Daniel's continuous yelling and double-standards with Nicole. But I'm glad Nicole called him out on his hypocrisy. I won't hold my breath, but I'm hoping we're nearing the end with this dumb storyline.

The only part of the Jennifer-Eve-kiddies thing I liked was when they stopped shouting and Jennifer tried being nice. But Eve's fantasies of JJ, and JJ making love to Paige, were just disgusting.

So far, Sweeps isn't off to a good start.

I started watching this, wished I could FF and then was happily interrupted at 1:30 by a call. I'll probably watch the 2nd half of Kristen scenes later.

I do like Maggie's casual look. Nice to see her in something other than ruffles.

That lavender dress on Serena is horrendous, both the color and the fit. And the dresses that Jen and Eve are wearing are a close 2nd in terms of how horrible they are.

Serena was incredibly annoying in the scenes with Nicole. Either move her on to another storyline or get her out of Salem. Daniel was equally annoying with Nicole.

Xander has been relegated to filler status already it seems. What a shame. Another waste of talent.

And I don't like they are playing Liam's theme song for certain characters now.

Give the kid a few bran muffins and let nature take its course.
And after nature takes its course, have Bluebird and Xander do the searching. It will give them a chance to bond. As for Eve, she always has acted like a real Salemite -- irrational and self-destructive -- but today she really joined the club, telling Paige that the middle of the Town Square was "as good a place as any" to discuss her sexual relationship with JJ. Finally, if Toddler Mel was a big fan of Nancy Drew as a girl, she's now really living out her heroine's adventures: mysterious castle, secret passages, nasty criminals, etc.

Ok I watched again. What a shame that Kristen raped Eric because she could have been the next head of the Dimera family. So smart and thinks so fast on her feet--the opposite of EJ over the past couple years.

And why is Eric holding a grudge against Victor OVER 1 YEAR LATER yet he has forgiven his rapist?!? He really is Sami's twin. Even worse, why is this just being mentioned now? These writers are just so inconsistent.

Maybe Xander isn't filler. Whatever he is up to won't end well.

I realize that Nicole was coupled with Daniel, because they seeing each other in real life, and I am guessing the writers thought there might be sparks galore or something. However, they had already ruined any chance of that with their characterizations of Daniel, Jennifer, Nicole, Eric, etc. and just could not WRITE well enough to make it work. Daniel is still a jerk, Nicole is still needy, but boy, it was just too great to see her tell him how while it was o.k. for the gander, it was not o.k. for the goose. BYE.

And can I just say that I'm sick of Paige calling Jennifer, Mrs. Horton. Um, it's either Mrs. Deveraux or Ms. Horton. I hate how some of these characters go back and forth with that. I remember one time someone (Kate, I think) called Abigail, "Abigail Horton". Um....nope.

It was Stefano. I hate it too.

I did enjoy Kristen's scenes, because Eileen Davidson (Kristen) is amazing. BUT THE STORY IS SOOOO STUPID...!!

I also enjoyed the flow today. First it was Dan/Xan, then Xan/Eric and Dan/Mag, then Dan/Vic/Xan and Mag/Eric, etc. Nice movement in those scenes.

I actually enjoyed Jen being softer, too bad it fell on deaf ears. Eve is ready for the cuckoo clock, Paige still bores me. She can leave anytime for Stanford!!

ON the negative side, Melanie.

Also, Daniel and Serena and Nicole. I actually had to check that this wasn't a repeat for the first few scenes. And I have no faith that Nicole will get the vindication she deserves, though at this point if Serena and the diamonds leave I'll be happy enough with/out vindication for Nicole.

I realize that Nicole was coupled with Daniel, because they seeing each other in real life, and I am guessing the writers thought there might be sparks galore or something.
You know, I've been thinking about that and I'm wondering if one of the actors floated the idea of putting their characters together and the writers were like, "sure! hehehe, we'll put Daniel and Nicole together...." and then we ended up with the garbage that's been playing out for months now. It's certainly not a love story (not that these writers know how to do that) so I just can't make heads or tails of what they're going for here. I think the "pairing" of Daniel/Nicole is case in point that these writers were out to sabotage the show.

Thanks for the summary Jason.

I mentioned in yesterday's daily thread if a diamond would get left.
We'll find out after Xander counts them.

Interesting talk Jen had with Eve. She was trying to be nice and
figure out why Eve acts that way. I like Eve's dress except it's short.

Nancy Drew, I mean Melanie saw Mandrake open the secret panel and
she was able to find the baby. I guess Brady forgot castles usually
have secret passageways :)

Eric was being nosy when he asked about Xander's past.

I hope Nicole will find someone that appreciates her.

Back