Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 30, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Marelna and Kristen fighting over the gun, with Brady busting in. Marlena pushes Kristen back, and out the window Kristen goes. Brady calls out after her; he tells Marlena to stay there, and goes out out the front door. Marlena flashes back to 1997 and the misadventure in the secret room, as well as Kristen's other recent exits.

In the nursery, replay of Melanie telling Jeannie T that the baby is her (Ms Donovan's) son. Jeannie picks the baby up and they are attempting to sneak out when Mandrake grabs Melanie's leg. Jeannie kicks him in the back, disabling him, and they flee.

Jennifer calls Daniel to cancel their meeting because something came up. Has to go visit her mom, who's having minor surgery. She'll be back tomorrow. They talk about JJ/Eve and Jen has flashbacks.

At the hotel, JJ and Paige are planning another tryst. She texts Daphne and he goes to text Jen. Is upset by a text from her, calls Jen, finds out about her trip, updates her that he won't be home tonight. Admits he's at a hotel with Paige, she asks if Eve knows. JJ says that Eve knows they're together, but not about tonight. They wax poetic about whether or not Eve needs the grisly details, how awesome Paige is, and how great Jen was to do what she did. Paige wants to know, "What did your mom do for us?" He tells most of the truth, about how his mom believed in him, and helped him after he "screwed up."

At "Edge of the Square," Eve is enjoying a Martini and thinking about JJ & his guitar. Rafe comes over and Eve is upset about the guitarist tuning in public, reminds her of a guy she knew. She rants about her drink being empty, the bartender calling her "ma'am," demands to see the manager. Rafe introduces himself, she apologises; she claims she likes the club, except for the guitar players. Rafe declares the guy who made her hate guitars was dumb, they have a nice chat and they both laugh, before he goes to talk to the guitar player. Rafe gives her drinks on the house.

At another hotel room, Xander and Serena are giggling in the afterglow. She finds a box on the nightstand, and Xander makes her a proposal about an adventure. Turns out, it's a flashback, Serena is in the pub, regretting her decision; further flashing back indicates that she had some trepidation over the "adventure" and in the present day she's glad it's almost over.

Nicole has a flashback to cancelling her lunch with Daniel, whom she labels a "jerk." Xander knocks on her door. Xander wants to smooth things over between her & Daniel. (It appears that Xander's hair is shorter in these scenes than in the scenes with Serena, good job make-up dept!!)

The dynamic duo come downstairs with Christopher, interrupting Marlena's flashbacks. Marlena asks what they're doing here, Mel sees the window & worries that Brady took the window dive, Marlena explains it was Kristen. Is befuddled by the bundle Jeannie T is carrying, but Melanie will explain later, insists they scoot out of the castle. Brady enters, reports it's a 100-foot drop, no way Kristen could have survived, insists they hang out until the police arrive. Brady goes to check on Mandrake, Mel and Jeannie T drop the bomb that the baby is Jeannie/Brady's. They are still discussing this when the police arrive. Nobody can leave until they get answers. Jeannie starts babbling about how Kristen stole her baby (she's babbling like Melanie). In the babble, the cop settles on Clint, wants to know where he is. The other cop asks Marlena where she was when Ms DiMera fell, she claims not to remember. Meanwhile, Melanie spies a phone on the floor and snatches it. She calls Daniel (see below), tells him they're ok, don't believe what the Italian police say. The cops angrily take the phone.

Upstairs, Brady looks for Mandrake, who's gone, finds the briefcase and a file. Has a bunch of flashbacks to Kristen including slaps, sex, and his proposal, and their breakup, and their recent talk in the castle. He swipes the briefcase, sees a picture of Kristen & Christopher, removes it from the frame and slips it into his pocket.

Nicole is still working, Daniel shows up with flowers, apologises for their fight, is tired of fighting over stupid stuff. Daniel asks her to leave work, Nicole is glad he's here (although she briefly feigns anger after finding out that Jennifer cancelled plans with Daniel). They decide to head to "Edge of the Square". They make out a bit, he gets a call from Melanie using Marlena's phone. Daniel tells Nicole what Melanie said, notices her reaction to Mandrake, angrily demands she tell him what's going on. She tells him what she knows, WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL HIM!!?!? Nicole claims Melanie was going to drop it, Daniel continues to rage. Nicole throws out the flowers; stalks off.

Stefano gets a call. Asks "Are you sure?" and then sullenly puts down a photo of Kristen. Later, he is telling someone "do nothing for now, I will call." Drinks and remembers Kristen (including the WAY WAY back scene when we first learned that Stefano was Kristen's father!!!!). He cries.

Brady comes down with documentation of the switch, recaps how Kristen took Brady & Jeannie T's "baby" from his womb. Melanie claims self-defence; the cop doesn't believe the dead are guilty and the living are innocent, wants someone to pay for the disappearance of "Kristen DiMera." Brady assures them they will cooperate, tells Marlena that his "family" (I'm assuming Kiriakis side) has people. The cop tells Brady he & Dr Evans should plan to remain in Italy for a long time. Before the cops cart them off, Jeannie T hands Christopher to Brady while Melanie pouts in the corner.

Eve overhears Daphne saying (to somebody who probably doesn't need to know) that Paige is at the Salem Inn with JJ. Eve lets her know she overheard, says it's okay, tells Daphne she won't blab about how she found out.

At "Edge of the Square," Nicole walks in just in time to hear Daniel leaving a message for Brady, angry that Nicole's not spilling info about what's up in Italy. Later Rafe and Daniel talk, Rafe hasn't seen Nicole; Daniel wants to use Rafe's FBI contacts, but "forget about Nicole" because he's got "bigger problems."

On the plane, Jen flashes back to her fight about the coat with Eve. She hopes she got through to her.

Serena finally reaches Xander, asks where he is. He invites her to his hotel room. She declines, they plan to meet at the Square later. Serena calls him again, can't find him, he postpones their meeting; she angrily reminds him that they both have stuff on each other, and she'll take him down with her. NICOLE comes out from behind the wall, apparently having heard it all.

Again, a bouncy Thursday episode.

Oh yes, more Nicole/Daniel make ups so they can fight forty seconds later!!! HOORAY!!! :rolleyes: And I'm sure everyone will believe her this time about "Bluebird"!!!

I wish "new" flashbacks were hazed a bit. Call me old-school but I prefer the effect. I'm wondering if they filmed those Serena/Xander hotel scenes when the actor was playing Damon, his hair looked longer. Either way I liked the work today for the character/costuming.

So, the villagers in "Italy" hate the DiMeras...but the cops love them? Even in a castle filled with secret rooms? Give me a break!! And Melanie was still useless. I guess her whole point in this story was to bring grist to Daniel/Nicole??? :eek:

Sooo not buying this maternal junk for Jeannie T, nor Brady. Really disappointed in this turn of events. I knew the story would stink when they made a loud point of un-relating Jeannie and Brady, but I had no idea how low it could go.

Let's hope Jen never leaves that plane if all she can do is fret over Eve's possession of a jacket.

Really liked the Rafe/Eve scene. They both need to smile more and they need to keep her out of the kiddie pool.

I'll have to watch this one a little later, it sounds great!

I would guess the local cops love the DiMeras because Stefano pays them some big bucks. (Though, for what, I can't imagine...obviously Villa DiMera is pretty much available to anyone for trespass.)

Thanks for the summary. Decent show today. Glad we got a break from Will and all that junk.

Sorry, but not feeling the whole involvement the cops have in this storyline. I hope Victor is able to get everyone out of this ordeal as soon as possible. I just want a quick end to this storyline. It was nice to see Stefano...I wonder just how much he knew.

I'm seriously hoping that Eve & Rafe don't become an item. Friendship, fine, but that's all. Similarly, I'm getting really really sick and tired of Daniel & Nicole. Their make-ups-turned-to-fights-within-5-minutes is even worse than his constant merry-go-round with Jennifer! I do hope that she can get together with Xander and finally expose that pathetic bluebird!

Is anyone else confused as to why JJ and Jennifer keep talking so in depth about his love/sex life? It's actually kind of disturbing, and so is Eve snooping around with this. And Jennifer is just ridiculous. Scratch that--BEYOND ridiculous!

If the DiCastle debacle had happened in Salem, in the DiMansion, Marlena/Brady/Li'l Toddler Mel/Jeannie T/Christopher would all be in the Brady Pub right now, being toasted by the Salem PD.

So yesterday Marlena referred to both Eric AND Brady as her sons, rightfully so. Today she said to Brady "Does YOUR FAMILY have a lawyer"? Seriously?!? I just cannot get over how inconsistent these hacks are. And Brady runs after Kristen rather than making sure his mother is ok? Sorry but not buying this. Very poorly executed scenes. And I would have liked to have seen more of a reaction from Marlena about the baby who for all intents and purposes is her grandson.

I'm not buying the Jeannie/Brady sudden parenting crap either. VERY disappointed in this entire turn of events. It also takes away a lot of future storyline possibility for both these characters.

Melanie was just useless. Again, they could have done the entire Italy arc without her and gotten the same results. Such a shame when they could have mixed her up with Chad/Abigail/Ben instead.

Not a big Eve fan but I can tolerate the scenes with Rafe if it means more screen time for Rafe and less screen time with teenagers for Eve. Now the question is how long before they sleep together?

I didn't understand why Jennifer was wearing her pajamas to go see Laura.

I can't believe that Nicole followed Daniel to Club Whatever with a smile on her face after she told him off in the previous scene. :angry:

I hope tomorrow is a new day because I can't stand Serena and Eve's dresses any more.

So yesterday Marlena referred to both Eric AND Brady as her sons, rightfully so. Today she said to Brady "Does YOUR FAMILY have a lawyer"? Seriously?!?...
Hold up! I had the same visceral reaction at first but I'm absolutely sure she meant Victor/Kiriakis family. One take. It might have been better had she said, "Your grandfather" or something like that, but, 'tis what it is.
I can't believe that Nicole followed Daniel to Club Whatever with a smile on her face after she told him off in the previous scene. :angry:

I thought it was a coincidence, but then again she's a glutton for punishment for some reason when it comes to the Orange One!!

It really seems like we get good dialogue or plotting for an episode. LOL

Really strange dialogue today. Marlena should have said Victor or your grandfather.

Edited to add: Really good use of flashbacks today. I'll even accept including the ones from yesterday since they were relevant to showing the evolution of Kristen.

Pity the poor Italian cops -- forced to listen to both Toddler Mel and Jeannie T. When they get back to the station, they're going to be shaking their heads about "crazy Americans." As for the Phoenix, would he be weeping if he knew Kristen "died" trying to kill his Queen of the Night? And before he sheds any more tears, he ought to recall that when Kristen returned to Salem, she most definitely did not bring the family together, as he wished. Speaking of Kristen, given the track record of DiMeras returning from the dead, how could anyone say that there's no way she survived? Elsewhere, awards for stupidity go to Jen Jen for asking if Eve knew that JJ and Paige were shacking up at the Salem Inn and to the Love Doctor for finding yet another reason to explode at Nicole. Instead of tossing his flowers in the waste basket, Nicole ought to dump him in the dumpster behind "Club Victor."

What a peculiar episode. Soooo many flashbacks. Well, it saves writing new scenes. There were a ton of flashbacks, bless your heart, Jason.
In her office, Nicole told Daniel she was going to Edge of the Square, say hi to Rafe, and make them a bit of money. Does Daniel want to come along? So, that is why/how Daniel was at that bar when Nicole got there. And I am glad he did not see her, after what she heard him say.
That Villa is not all that big, it seems, small cellar, a small nursery, too weird it is reached via a tunnel. Oh, well, the DiMeras love those.
Stefano seemed genuinely upset, disbelieving, and then grief stricken over the news about Kristen's demise.He was alone, so there was no need to fake it, if not true.

I would have thought Marlena would have expressed more emotion, upon hearing the story of how Jeannie/T had her baby stolen. Especially after all the things Marlena herself has experienced at the hands of the DiMeras. In fact, the entire group seems entirely too calm, cool & collected for what they all have just gone through.

Once again, we have Daniel yelling at Nicole. This time because she knew his ADULT daughter was investigating Mandrake but didn't tell him. Dr. Do Good needs to back up off Nicole and take that up with his ADULT daughter who left the country chasing a mad woman without telling anyone. He then tells Rafe to "forget Nicole". Please Daniel Jonas, PLEASE, forget Nicole. She'll be much better off.

I still don't care that Theresa and Brady are parents. I despise the characters too much to muster up one measly ounce of empathy for them. Such a shame too because otherwise the concept is a tear-jerker.

I really think Dr. Dan has a screw loose someplace. I wish Nicole would have smacked the smug out of him with that bouquet instead of just pitching it in the trash.

Eve is completely bonkers. Please Rafe, you don't want her as a regular patron in your club. She's crazy, mouthy, and she's a mean drunk. You'll want to put her picture over the bar and "86" her NOW.

Brady said "no one could have survived that fall", but even though we saw the Phoenix in a tearful state was it confirmed that Kristen's body was found? Unless I missed it I don't think so and we all know what that means. Someone sinister has to be alive for the kidnapping plot in a year or so.

I have enjoyed the last 2 episodes, because things are finally coming to an end. at least for a while. I didn't feel Melanie was pouting--just seeing what is to come for herself and Brady. Since Jennifer has to keep going to see Mom. I think she will leave to take care of her. The poor actors, who played the cops. I felt sorry for them. Marlena acted like she was in a trance. I detest Eve and wish she would fall off a cliff or out a window ala Kristen. By the way---remember when Roman fell off the cliff and they thought he was dead???? These are my thoughts on the last 2 days. Oh--since when are Kristen and Peter become his children? He adopted them. (Stefano, that is)

I was completely underwhelmed by today's episode as compared to yesterday's. Why was Brady so concerned about Kristen when she fell out the window and then he had all those flashbacks of her? And why does it feel like Marlena is just another Salem resident who happened to show up at the castle instead of Brady's STEP-MOTHER who basically raised him from birth? This show, I swear. Pretty much all the castle scenes fell way short of expectation today. I know many here don't like Kristen but this latest stint was WAY too short given the seriousness and importance of everything involved here. It all felt so rushed. What should have been wonderful scenes with Theresa and the baby fell so beyond flat I can't even come up with the words to describe how disappointed I am. I sure hope the fallout is better than the reveal because this was terrible. The action of yesterday was great but today left me wanting to throw tomatoes at the TV. I wish Brady was the one to explain and introduce Marlena to her GRANDSON rather than the 20 second incoherent explanation Melanie and Theresa gave to Marlena who just kinda nodded her head as if they just gave her the day's weather report. OMG. So bad.

I absolutely refuse to comment on the Daniel/Nicole situation.

It's amazing how much more enjoyable Eve's scenes are when they are with ADULTS. I definitely don't want her with Rafe but I liked their banter.

Serena/Xander......zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......JJ/Paige/Jennifer........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Back