Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 6, 2017

Why does she hate Abigail? Why is she pro Chad/Gabi? If she had said she hates Laura Horton and anyone associated with her, maybe I could buy this but that's a big maybe.
That's what I was thinking, too. But she weirdly doesn't seem to have animosity when it comes to the Hortons or anyone directly connected with Bill.

And it's really no different than him wanting to run Titan. Owning a club does not qualify you to run a major corporation. I hate this whole story. It should have been Philip not Sonny.
Oh, I'm with you there, I am pretty sure I've been voicing that complaint about Sonny loudly to anyone who'll listen. LOL (And I know you follow me on twitter so I know you've seen my uncensored thoughts on this, Heather. *wink*)

Oh, and to clarify, that "knows nothing about fashion" is not my opinion, it was in the dialogue.

Really nothing makes sense. They just float from plot point to plot point. Kate never hated Laura, not really. Laura hated Kate. Most of what Kate feels about Laura is in retribution for her actions with Vivian in the 1990s. (Or it would be, if anyone on this show did anything in character.)

So, how long until Kate turns on Gabi?

Last edited:
Thanks for the write-up. Fell a bit behind and am doing my catching up now. And it was a decent episode. I do think we need a few weeks' worth of a break from the 20-somethings, Kate, Deimos, Chloe, and Eduardo, though.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm actually behind Gabi and Chad 100%, and like that Kate is behind them too. Does it make sense? No. Does it bother me that she's so against Abigail? Yes. And I'm glad Abby told her off. But I see no chemistry between this new Abigail and Chad (she seems to do better in scenes with Dario), nor do I think they're truly ready to be together after her stupid/silly stunt of abandoning her family because she thought they should move on from her issue with Ben. It was totally out of character.

And if you ask me, her relationship with Chad has been nothing but a few romps and forced declarations of love while looking over her shoulder to see if Gabi is behind them. Gabi was there for Chad while he was going through the difficult time of Abigail. Heck, even the Hortons didn't really do much, because he's a big bad DiMera and it was more important for Jennifer to get Thomas in her home.

But I do really like that she and Gabi are trying hard to maintain their friendship. It's not realistic, but at least it doesn't follow the tired old scenario of female friends turning against each other over a dude. And what is realistic is how awkward it is.

Kate and Eduardo had potential, but it's over. She, Eduardo, and the show need to move on. Glad Gabi called her on her transference.

Hope and Rafe/Deimos weren't as bothersome to me as they normally are, but nothing to write home about, either. I like that Rafe and Hope argued.

The thing is, this Abby is a recast. If you talk story, Chad has been head over heels for Abby, has not cared if he lost his life, in efforts to rescue or protect her. And she has done the same. That is STORY. She knew what her mom went thru with her mom in a sanitarium, did not want that for Chad and Thomas. She feared that is where she was headed, permanently in such a place. So she stupidly ran off, thinking her family were better off without her.

Yep, huge mistake to hide away when she was much better, let them continue to think she was dead. Shame on Andre for contributing to that stupid idea.

However, again, there was NO huge love between Chad & Gabi, however, as long as the show is pretending there was, having Chad all torn between two lovers and all that junk........then fine. Have Abby leave the unsure dolt, live on her own, and see how Chad fares. If he is stupid enough to go with Gabi.....he deserves whatever comes his way because of it.

Hear, hear, Poirot. They're trying to remake the Isabella/John/Marlena thing or the Roman/Marlena/John thing. They just forgot about a year of story.

Plus WE ALL KNEW Abby wasn't dead. Even the most lunk-headed and casual of viewers could tell by her exit that she'd be back. And they didn't start the "Gabi and Chad" :sick:love:sick: train until we had actually seen Abby on-screen!!!

The only people I've seen on twitter who support Chad/Gabi are people who hate Abby because of the Eeej affair. Seriously. Everyone else gets that they're just a badly written side note and that Chad/Abby are the rooting couple.

I can get on board with them being together down the line. But I just see more chemistry at the moment between Gabi and Chad than him and Abigail. Sure it is just story, and the decision to have her run off like that was a really stupid one, but it happened, and the damage is done.

Also, I don't really see Chad as being all that torn. He's fully committed to Abigail. Even was going to cut ties to Gabi, yet Abigail continued to pressure him to visit her in the hospital, keeps second guessing herself, and also is trying to hang on to their friendship, even after telling Gabi last week that they probably need a long time of not seeing each other. So to me, it seems that Abigail is more unsure than Chad. But guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

Hear, hear, Poirot. They're trying to remake the Isabella/John/Marlena thing or the Roman/Marlena/John thing. They just forgot about a year of story

Also, I don't really see Chad as being all that torn.

This is where the bad writing comes in. In the 2 triangles Jason mentioned, the rooting couples were pretty much pre-determined even though the central person loved both characters. Pretty much triangle 101 even if you think back to the 80s and 90s. In this case, Chad is pining over 2 women. He and Abby should be the rooting couple but that's not clear. It's just a really poorly written story. They should have either written Gabi as a villain or had her scheme with Dario to get Chad away from Abby. Then Abby would come off as the sympathetic one.

Back