Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 9, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Chad is working in the Dmansion study when he gets a call from Stefano, telling him to forget Venezuela and call Club TBD to have his calls forwarded to the mansion, in case the Florida Bureau of Investigation calls about Kevin Reynolds (aka Ben Rogers). Chad is looking forward to the call; Stefano is telling him to be careful. Stefano reminds him to work on the Venezuelan numbers, and Chad thanks him for his help with Abigail.

At Ben's apartment, Abby has to do her charity work and Ben has to study, but he just wants to canoodle. A bit later, they're half done with her work when she gets a text from Chad about the revised budget. Ben is visibly upset that she returns the text. They banter. Later, in the afterglow, they talk about Abby moving her work to his bedroom because her office is too small. (Gross.) There's a knock, Ben thinks it's the takeout, but it's Chad, looking to talk with Kevin Reynolds.

At the Hospital, Anne and Jeannie T are gossiping about Nicole stepping out on Daniel with Xander, whom she describes as a "tiny bit dangerous." They banter about Daniel, Jeannie goes to meet Jorge, then returns and complains about Melanie, wants to stir up trouble for her. Anne isn't buying that Jeannie T doesn't want Brady back.

At the Kmansion, Victor is surprised to see "Alexandros," who apparently owes "uncle Victor" his life. Apparently Victor saved Xander from some jail time; Victor wants to make sure that Xander is at least pretending to keep his nose clean. He's been laundering money for Victor, which has helped elevate Victor's image. Since Victor didn't summon him, why is he here? Xander explains that the trip was unexpected, but the payoff will be worth it. Victor doesn't want to know much, says he and Xander should have dinner sometime soon. As he's leaving, Brady enters (fresh from Mel's), doesn't recognise Xander (who remarked he hadn't seen Brady in "like forever"). Victor introduces him as his cousin (his word, not mine), Brady says "Alexandros?" and apparently they were on some private Greek isle when they were kids together, Philip was not there (Kate sent him to camp), but Daniel was (GAG ME). They had fun times. Xander clarifies that he's using Cook, his mother's maiden name, now, professionally (1 million points to Heather for that guess!!). Xander dropped out of sight sometime in the summer, got in some trouble. Xander looked up to Brady & Daniel, like big brothers he never had, while Victor mentions how proud he is of Brady and Daniel, who faced their troubles like men...Xander is shaken at this. Victor gets Xander to go, Brady is shocked, Victor says it's no big deal that Xander's back, refers to him as Victor's brother's son after Victor calls him a distant relative. He clarifies that he likes to "keep him at a distance" because he's trouble, Brady remembers that he was charged with murder a few years after their Greek adventure (Victor corrects him, manslaughter knocked down to assault & battery). Brady wonders if that was Victor's doing, Victor dodges.

At Daniel's, Brady is apologising for cancelling their whirlwind trip. They hug, and she recalls her investigation thus far (through a new thing for Days, a "flash back," LOL). Brady feels that Mel is underwhelmed by his surprise vacation, she claims she was excited about it; gets a call from Jorge ordering her to get down to the hospital. She says she'll be down there, pretends she got called in for work and is bringing him coffee (to Jorge's growing fury, LOL), begs Brady off. Has a flashback about her investigation again. Melanie arrives at the hospital, tries to explain to Jorge that this is an important investigation, babbles about keeping it a secret; he is worried because his job is on the line. Jeannie T comes in to get some forms, she and Melanie exchange barbs, Jeannie T leaves, more Melanie begging. After some deliberation, Jorge decides that he won't rat Mel out, since they're friends of such long standing; he even agrees to cover for her by swiping another vial of plasma, even though he thinks it's too bad she won't use it to hurt Theresa.

John and Marlena are talking about how there hasn't been any blowout from the scandal Friday, so the donation from Paul is still on. John is upset because HE has to accept it, since Aiden is out of town (boy he sure takes a lot of trips). How can he do that since Paul's such a sleaze? Marlena flashes back to talking to Will about Paul being John's probable son. Marlena points out that Will shares culpability, back and forth, Marlena has to go, John will be OK on his own.

At Paul's hotel room, Tori frets over an article in the paper about Will & Sonny's anniversary, but in it, Paul is misidentified as Will. He's worried his grampa will see it. Tori thinks being in Salem is a mistake (that's new) and wants them to leave tonight. Paul worries that Tori's not eating her breakfast, she promises to eat as he goes out to meet Aiden. He arrives at Club TBD, is shocked to see John there, they have a terse moment as John explains Aiden had to leave town. They exchange barbs (it's a really good conversation that is really well-written and very character-based), Paul tosses the cheque at John (could this have been mailed?), says John isn't as great as Will made him seem during the interview, and is glad to be done with this town. Outside, Paul gets a text from Sonny.

At Sonny's, Sonny is fuming about the article Will is writing, just as Will arrives. Sonny asks what the big bombshell article that Zoe's looking for is about. Will tells him he's going to shelve it, because he needs a solid piece of journalism after being front-page news. Sonny pushes, what's it about? Will says the school district budget. Sonny pushes, Will lies. Sonny gives him the card Marlena left for them, Will thinks things will be great without the therapist, he'll win back Sonny's trust, which will be easier with Paul leaving. Sonny wonders if Paul will really leave; Will slips and is sure "they" might already be gone. Sonny calls him on it, and after a few rounds of attempted lies, Will admits he knew Paul's mom is in town. Will keeps lying, Sonny says he has to go to the Club; outside, he is furious that Will is lying to him again.

John visits Will, wants to know how things are going with Will & Sonny. The fiasco didn't hurt the benefit, Paul is leaving town, so Will & Sonny will be able to work things out. John asks if the blood donation brought Sonny & Will closer, Will drops the bomb about Sonny being Paul's article love interest. They rehash the whole thing, how Paul pushed Sonny even after finding out he was married, didn't know about Will, bla bla. John is just furious at Paul.

Paul meets with Sonny in the Club TBD office, Narita says he's leaving town, is worried that he ruined their shot. Paul claims that Sonny still cares for him, Sonny points out that he would not have done anything with him even if John hadn't come in. Sonny is still committed to Will, wanted to talk to Paul about Tori, who hasn't been honest with Paul.

At Edge of the Square, Xander flashes back to the conversation that happened TEN MINUTES AGO where Vic gushed about Brady & Daniel, smashes his glass.

Marlena shows up at Paul's hotel room, wanting to see Tori; Tori claims they have nothing to talk about, Marlena says not to make another terrible mistake. Marlena has the goods on Tori, drops the truth bomb, Tori tries to lie her way out of things, finally admits she worked for Stefano DiMera long ago, when she was young. Marlena says that Tori had a relationship with John Black when she was in Salem, as well. Tori keeps trying to lie, Marlena clearly outlines that Tori had an affair with John, left town, gave birth to a son named Paul.

So...is Alexander the son of a hitherto-unknown Kiriakis brother, or is he the son of Justin/Anjelica, and Brady flubbed that line (to me, he seemed to be stumbling a bit)? I'm guessing with all the backstory today, we'll never know, LOL.

Despite not appearing at all, Daniel was mentioned in every act. :sick:

Now Sonny's going to run with Will's supposition about Tori/Paul and tell Paul? I have officially stopped rooting for him. Also, he needs to CALL WILL OUT on his bs. I'm starting to hope Arianna packs a bag and moves to South America with her uncle Dario. She's surrounded by complete idiots.

Will said nothing but lies today. Disgusting.

Sorry for the sarcastic attitude about John/Paul, but I REALLY HATE THE SUDDEN, UNNECESSARY, EXAGGERATED hate story preceding the paternity reveal trope. This was done to death before I was out of high school two decades ago.

Have we met Jorge before this week? Why are we to believe he'd endanger his job for Melonhead? Just because Jeannie T is a viper?

Anne deserves better interactions, and Jeannie T needs a real story that's not about her stupid stolen fetus or the fake fights with Melonhead.

Maybe Will and Paul were switched at birth? Both Tori and Will can't seem to tell the truth to save their lives. (Let's remember we're to forget what we know about the timeline, so that could have maybe happened. LOL)

Thanks, Jason!!

So, Xander is the son of Victor's brother? Guess Victor had more than one brother. :rolleyes:

Would've been more fun had he been Alexander instead. Let Justin and Adrienne have a bad seed child. Let him take after Anjelica.

Well, I'm really of the thought that it was a mistake - but then again, since Xander's been a world traveller and Alex supposedly lives in Phoenix (though with Sonny joining the half-truth club, who knows if he really visited him), they are probably adding another branch to the tree to save scratch. I just keep reminding myself that if it didn't happen in a flashback today, it didn't happen anymore, LOL.

Did Will really talk about John during the interview? Because that seems LUDICROUS. I just can't even (as the kids say) with this anymore!!!

Is it July yet???

Victor saying Brady faced his problems like a man. :rotfl: Yeah if facing your problem like a man means turning to booze, drugs, sex, and of course beating your father in the middle of the town square.

When Brady came back to town a few years ago, did he and Daniel give the impression that they spent summers together when they were kids. I don't think they did and though I really don't want to, I'm going to have to go back and search youtube clips for their first meeting on screen.

Will accused Paul of seducing him. Does seduction hinder or remove the ability to say NO because Will could have said NO. He's still playing the blame game to get people on his side. I may rewatch that scene from yesterday of Victor telling him to get the hell out of his house just to remind myself that he doesn't have everyone snowed.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I am so angry! Is there anything that TPTB CANNOT screw up????? All they had to do was make Xander Sonny's half-brother and Justin's son! Instead he is either Justin's never before mentioned brother or the son of a never before mentioned brother of Victor. He could have been Justin's kid and still have been a bad seed. And I'm guessing he is not long for Salem either based on his final scene. What a waste!

I fast forwarded all of Miss Melanie's scenes after I heard the baby talk to Brady about missing his "big meeting".

I'm over the contrived angst between John and Paul too. Overplayed!

Can these writers write anything for Marlena that doesn't involve her interfering either with a woman from John's past or meddling in one of her children's or grandchildren's lives?

I'm sick of Tori, Anne, Jeannie T, Melanie and Brady and couldn't care less if they all left tomorrow.

We already knew that Ben used an alias before coming to Salem. Why is this suddenly news to Chad and Stefano and furthermore why wasn't it explored 6 months ago?

I'm guessing Aiden will still pop up in Salem "today".

And why why why must Daniel Jonas be mentioned constantly??? Even his apartment made an appearance today!

@Jason, I care less about what Tori thinks happened between Paul and Will because Tori is just defending her son. I'm ok with Paul telling Sonny he seduced Will because he's actually accepting blame and owning up to his role in everything. Marlena told John that Will knew he was married and is to blame also when John was badmouthing Paul and portraying Will as the victim. And Will is all to willing to let John continue to believe that he was the victim and big bad evil seductor (seductress??) Paul ruined his life and is after his husband.

Also regarding Xander NOT being Justin's son, but still being Victor's nephew - here's a tweet sent today from a online soap magazine writer that sums up how I feel about.

Michael Goldberg @TheMikeGoldberg · 2h 2 hours ago
Only #DAYS celebrates 50 years of history by changing it

Maybe Victor has more in common with Stefano than we know - is he now going to also become the 7th son of the 7th son so they can create more characters who have no history with the show? Maybe he is the son of an unknown half brother who was born out of wedlock and therefore not fully recognized as a Kiriakis. Or maybe he's a figment of our imagination that will disappear when the new writers' stories begin.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I am so angry! Is there anything that TPTB CANNOT screw up????? All they had to do was make Xander Sonny's half-brother and Justin's son! Instead he is either Justin's never before mentioned brother or the son of a never before mentioned brother of Victor. He could have been Justin's kid and still have been a bad seed. And I'm guessing he is not long for Salem either based on his final scene. What a waste!
Not that they're above rewriting history, but Justin's parents were already dead when he came to Salem in the 80's, so I doubt Xander is Justin's baby brother. Then again, they could say that Xander was a newborn when the parents died.

They should've just had him turn out to be Justin and Adrienne's bad seed.

Unknown siblings isn't that rare. Out here in the boondocks, my ex-sister-in-law found out she had a half-sister. I think she was probably older than the sister-in-law. We really never got into Victor's family. He could have had a dozen siblings.

edited to write out texting abbreviation - JS

As I suggested, Xander is the son of Victor's brother, as was stated on the show. Especially when he mentioned using his MOTHER's maiden name. They tried to provide some back history, by mentioning the vacation on the Greek island, back when Brady, Xander & Daniel were all kids. Xander was in jail, he killed a man, it was murder, but got reduced to manslaughter and then down to assault & battery. (If a man is dead, it is only assault & battery??...wow!)
Yep, they invented some back history. But then Daniel's parents had died, as well. In the past, it has been mentioned that Victor helped Daniel go thru med school, etc.
But then, back history, or back story is very helpful with new characters. It was just stupid to give the guy the name Xander, and have it be Alexandros.

Victor said to Brady that Xander was a distant cousin...and Victor really wants to keep the distant in mileage as well, as the guy is trouble. I am just guessing Victor did all that fawning about Brady & Daniel to show Xander where Victor's loyalties are.

The show was kind of dull again today. I'm just not really interested in Brady or Melanie, nor am I in the Chad/Stefano/Abigail/Ben saga. Please, just hurry it along and move on, please!

Really disappointed in John, Will, and Tori for their behavior today, but I can't say I'm surprised. I AM glad that Marlena went over to see Tori at the end. This storyline is really heating up!

I'm so upset---Daniel and Brady grew up together??!! Is Daniel REALLY that essential to every storyline that he had to be involved here? SERIOUSLY!?:angry: And please, someone tell me WHY Xander couldn't have been Justin and Anjelica's child! Now they're adding on more family members we never knew about! For real!? UGH!!!!

Lost a post, don't know how. But what I said was...I would be very happy if Xander was eventually the one to do away with Clyde. We all know Victor has a problem with him.
Plus now, today, Stefano is talking of Florida Law checking into Ben's identity when he lived there (remember how Paige thought she recognized him from some diner she & Eve patronized?). So, Chad thinks Stefano is helping him eventually get Abby back, but...the wily Stefano is after Clyde. Now Ben is Clyde's son, and Stefano probably figures Clyde will go into Papa Bear mode, if anyone tries making trouble for his son. That chuckle of Stefano's tells the tale.

Daniel isn't a Kiriakis, so he wouldn't be Xander's cousin. Daniel is only Victors godson.

Do you see how they've messed me up JS? Do you see?! Now I know Daniel isn't a Kiriakis, but they've ingratiated this man into the fabric of that family so deeply that I think of him as one. They went so far as to say he spent summers with Brady when they were young. A few Christmases ago, they had the Kiriakis men present Victor with the deed to a boat his father lost and said the gift was from Brady, Justin, Bo AND DANIEL. As much as he appears to be one, they may as well have made him Victor's illegitimate biological child instead of Maggie's eggbaby.

Back