Days of Our Lives - Thu., Aug. 3, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the hospital, André and Chad discuss the accident and how Abby saved Chad, and loves him despite everything. Gabi enters to report that Abby's out of surgery. Chad bolts; immediately Gabi confronts André, feeling he upset Chad. André points out that Chad's upset because of Abby's condition, which is Gabi's brother's fault.

At the Kmansion, Brady and Nicole watch An Affair to Remember. Nicole is so happy, but Brady flashes back to hearing Nicole say she didn't want to keep this from Brady. He nixes the movie, wants to talk. He asks about her community service, she dodges, they talk about trust, nothing moves forward. They go back to the movie, suddenly Brady has a conference call with shareholders in Singapore, zips out. She calls Eric, but gets his machine. Later Brady comes back out, the call was cut short. Nicole is gone.

At Teen Loft 1, Steve arrives, tells Joey that Kayla's back to work. Steve's happy for Kayla, but looking for Tripp. Joey hasn't seen him, but will call him; Steve says no, he'll run into him eventually. They are going to eat some leftover Thai food, Steve tells Joey he talked to Roman, knows Joe is fretting over his murder. Joey is unsure he'll ever be able to absolve himself of the guilt. It increases every time he's around Tripp. Steve reminds Joey that Ava was completely bonkers, and what he did was to protect the family. Tripp refuses the gun, will deal with Kayla his own way.

In the Square, Tripp meets with Angelo (different actor?) who would do anything for Ava's boy, tells him that Kayla killed Ava and is getting away with it. Tripp explains his baloney theories based on Jade's nuttiness. Angelo suspects it might be true. Later, he has also told him about his harebrained scheme to frame Kayla, who has now been exonerated. Tripp is ready to give up until Angelo smarms all over him about how Ava would have reacted in this situation. He encourages him to be more conventional, and flashes a gun at the young dolt and advises him to kill the Johnsons before they know he's a threat. (Yet somehow this doesn't set off any bells in the young genius's head.)

In the Hospital waiting room, Kayla emerges to report Abby's status to Jennifer, JJ, and Chad. She's stable but critical. They can see her now, one at a time, but she is unconscious (though she'll know they're there, per Kayla). Chad laments that Abby's in this mess because she was protecting him. (Gabi and André have emerged as well.)

Jennifer goes in to see Abby. She recalls the pain of losing Abby, and the joy of getting her back. She has brought a picture of Thomas, so it can be seen as soon as Abby opens her eyes. JJ enters, Jen has to make some calls, so JJ speaks privately with Abby about "when we were kids" and how he was scared of storms.

Back out in the waiting room, Gabi wants to continue her confrontation with André, who has no time for this. He goes to talk to Chad, who is speaking to Thomas (on speakerphone, the tot is having trouble sleeping). They go to a private room, where they discuss the pros and cons of Chad saving Sonny by confessing to a murder that maybe he might have committed. He will turn himself in (so that Thomas learns right from wrong) when Abby wakes up.

At Martin House Room 8, Eric is lounging on the bed when there's a knock on the door. It's Nicole. She worries about Brady's concerns about Eric/Nicole, doesn't want him to know that Eric's been forgiven, fearing Brady's mind will wander. Eric is sure the secret will come out sometime. Back and forth. Remember this is our secret. Brady is lurking in the hallway. Nicole sneaks back to the Kmansion, Brady lurks in through the back, wonders where she was.

Steve is still at Teen Loft 1, where he is about to tell Joe why he was looking for Tripp. Kayla calls, will spend the night at the hospital, reveals info about Abby's accident.

Jennifer has contacted Julie and her mom, the rest can wait until tomorrow. Kayla is going to an on-call room, another doctor will cover. Lani has appeared, and will go on a walk with JJ. Chad is going in to see Abby. André wants now to talk to Gabi.

In the Square, JJ and Lani are on their walk; Lani speaks of a lead on Dario. JJ will make the attempted murderer of Dario/Abby pay.

André tells Gabi in the Square that Chad is Deimos's killer, and he worries that he has caused Chad to want to confess this.

Back at Abby's hospital room, Chad is at her bedside. Jen is looking at pictures on her phone; Eric arrives, just having heard the news.

At Teen Loft 1, Steve drops the bomb on Joey: Tripp set Kayla up, wants to hurt her. Tripp lurks in the shadows of the on-call room where Kayla is napping (these are usually triple secret, I can't even get into these rooms in our hospital) after a nurse says where she is. He considers smothering her with a pillow.

I have to say Andre was kind of irritating me today. I mean it's a rare occurrance when somebody actually wants to talk to him you would think he would be giddy with excitement and jump at the opportunity. LOL

I got a real chuckle when he finally agreed to talk to Gabi and told her they needed to talk in private and the next scene is of them in the Horton Town square. LOL I was surprised that he actually told her to be honest.

Tripp: All I can say is I'm glad to see that this epic is apparently about about enter its next chapter. Maybe once Tripp ends his quest to "avenge" the death of a woman he didn't even know existed until a couple of months ago I'll be able to like him again. After a period of rehabilitation of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the summary, Jason. I'm glad there were no doppelgangers on today.

Nicole, no, no, no! Must they make her completely brainless? If Brady can't deal with her forgiving Eric, maybe she should rethink spending her life with Brady anyway. Beyond that, why oh why does Days like to make people who share a secret go running to each other to discuss the fact that they have a secret, every time they turn around? Couldn't any thinking person realize that greatly increases their chances of getting caught?

Now I'm just hoping they don't do another plot point that is way overused. Please don't have Abigail setting off the alarm bells again, now that she's out of surgery. I know she already did, before surgery, so let's not overdo it.

Lol, Lil0, seems you and I were thinking the same thing about Nicole.

Dialogue that I would have liked to have heard today.

Andre: "Chad, you want to confess to a crime you "think" you may have committed without any supporting evidence? They'll laugh you out of the police station."

Nicole: "Oh Eric, how could you wear that black muscle shirt. Only creeps like Dario wear those things."

Angelo: "Tripp, you actually think that Kayla killed Ava because Jade Michaels said so? Are you nuts? I've heard of her. She was the biggest liar in Salem."

Nicole: "Brady, you're working hard at Titan? Oh come on. What Titan CEO has ever done a lick of work?"

Jenny: "JJ, why do you think that you recall being frightened of thunderstorms?" After all, it never rains in Salem. Nobody even owns a raincoat and umbrella."

Andre: "Oh, Gabi, put a sock in it. Don't you realize that everybody is sick of listening to you? And for God's sake, stop following me around."

Nicole has been savvy, wise, smart, and pretty much on point lately so why, why, why, are TPTB messing with her intelligence now? They make it so difficult to continue liking and pulling for a character.

Gabi crossing her arms and demanding Andre tell her what he told Chad? Puhleez, lipstick lady. You have no rights here. You better figure out quick who Chad has chosen and what a dirt bag your brother really is. Stop prowling about and eavesdropping. You aren't going to win. Go back to JJ.

Am kind of surprised that Chad didn't fly off the handle that she knew the marriage to Dario was a joke.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jason.

Interesting to see you put the room number for Eric's room. The night Daniel showed
up they were in room #7. I guess someone at the Martin House couldn't count and they
had to renumber the rooms for some reason.

I looked up the Bible verse Eric said. It's Luke 12:2. I can't believe Nicole thinks it's a good
idea to keep her forgiving Eric a secret from Brady. She's lived in Salem long enough most
secrets don't stay secret.

When JJ was talking to Abby about being scared with thunderstorms, one came by my area.
My dog came and laid by me because she's scared of them too.

I wonder when Chad will turn himself in for Deimos' murder and will someone else confess
after him? :)

Could Gabi be a little less self centered and worry more about Abigail surviving instead of how it affects her "relationship" with Chad.

JJ talking to Abigail was very cute and touching.

I was hoping Uncle Angelo would try to talk Tripp out of revenge not offer a gun! Tripp is gonna confront Kayla right in the hospital? I dont know how they will redeem Tripp but i hope they do.

I was glad to finally see someone alert Steve to Abby's condition. I was not glad to see him and Joe immediately continue to discuss Tripp. They should have gone to the hospital regardless of what Kayla said.

Still enjoying the aftermath of Abby's accident otherwise. I'm excited to see the Jen and Eric scenes tomorrow.

The Tripp stuff is really dragging. Let's retcon this atrocity once and for all and have it come out that Angelo killed Ava, not Joey. Then let's have Angelo go to jail permanently so we don't have to see him again.

Brady's sudden jealousy is just as ridiculous as all of his sudden loves of his life. What has happened to this once really like able and intelligent character? Also, wasn't he the one encouraging Nicole to forgive Eric a few weeks ago? Now he can't know she's actually forgiven him? Come on now. Paging Chloe back to Salem please.

So what's the big deal about Nicole telling Brady she has forgiven Eric, and that she read the un-mailed letters that led to it?

I'm so disappointed in this whole scenario. You're digging your own hole, Nikky gal.

I just can't with the Nicole/Brady/Eric storyline anymore. (Or with Tripp, for that matter.) Who writes this garbage? It just doesn't make sense. And it certainly isn't entertaining.

Why does Gabi insist on arguing with Andre at a time like this, and in the hospital of all places? I'm glad Andre let her have it and updated her. She really shouldn't be behaving like this when everyone's worried about her best friend's survival.

I'll be fair---it's only Tripp and the Brady jealousy that is really bothering me that much, and it's a leftover from the old writing regime.

Back