Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 11, 2014

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Jordan is sorting papers on some sort of a conference table when Rafe comes in. It's not about them, it's about Clyde, he tells the flummoxed Jordan. They repeat how he's responsible, via Kate, and Jordan vows Clyde won't ruin her life again. Rafe wants to know about Clyde's business in Poplar Bluff. Jordan won't give up any information, but Rafe assures her that he'll get Clyde with or without her help...he owes her. Jordan corrects him, but Rafe won't let something bad happen to her, he won't fail her like he failed Gabi, and her protests fall on deaf ears as Rafe bolts.

In the bushy clearing, Clyde and Jeremiah meet. Clyde accuses Jeremiah of being lazy, or stealing from him. Jeremiah claims to have been laying [sic] low, that's what he thought Clyde wanted. Clyde again accuses him of just being lazy. They control all the territories, should be having great business, etc. Clyde warns that if Jeremiah keeps being Lazy, he will end up like EJ DiMera. Jeremiah says he'll need a couple guys, he'll hire local. Clyde orders him to get it done; Jeremiah is repentant, and promises not to let him down. Clyde sternly agrees.

At his apartment, Ben is arranging his chairs. He grabs a mistletoe and holds it above his head as he opens the door to find Abigail, doing the same. They laugh about this [really "funny"] coincidence and then kiss in the open doorway. She's brought him a mini Christmas tree, which is his first ever...on his own. She then helps him string popcorn, and he laments lack of Christmases with the drunken Clyde, and talks about the last Christmas with his mom, when she cut down a tree from their backyard and they decorated it with spoons & forks [actually a very endearing story/moment]. She talks about the Horton Christmas ornaments, and how special they are. [I'm surprised the writers even know.]

Kate has been chauffered to the Kmansion, whence Victor has apparently summoned her. They exchange barbs, and Victor lets Kate know they need to straighten Chad out. Kate won't give up any info on Chad, or any business; Victor reminds her he doesn't need help getting info on DiMera business. She's days from finding the leak on the Board, Kate assures him, Victor plays coy. Kate's sure there's a leak, but Victor tells her this isn't about business, it's about family, and what that 'whelp' is doing to Will & Sonny. That is to say, screwing over those closest to him, vintage DiMera; he warns her that the Chad who's returned to Salem, fresh from a year with his daddy, is a shark, just as ruthless as Kristen or EJ. They talk about the financial specifics of Club TBD and its ill-advised new location...a DiMera trap. Kate wants to know how Sonny could have missed the fine print, despite being a Kiriakis, Victor's already taken him to task for that, and gotten a lawyer to go over other documents Sonny & Chad may have signed. Kate suggests that Chad didn't know about that part of the contract, Victor laughs that suggestion off, and warns Kate that Chad can't be trusted. This move reeks of Stefano's style, Kate admits. Victor assures Kate that the new club is doomed, he's run the numbers, as Kate continues to insist that none of this is really Chad's fault. Victor agrees, Sonny did this for the wrong reasons, but when it blows up, it will give them an opening to deal with Chad.

Adrienne runs into Chad at the HTS. She's glad her son has his best friend back. They talk about Abby/EJ, Chad's happy Abby has moved on, Ben's a great guy. Adrienne thinks he's being genuine. [Though it really is hard to tell with this one!!] Adrienne asks about Chad's new girl, what a coincidence that Jordan is Ben's sister, the new Club is great, yada yada. Adrienne leaves.

Sonny calls Paul; he has been thinking about his offer and they need to talk about it. Paul asks if Sonny wants to come to his hotel, or meet somewhere while, Unbeknownst to Sonny, Will and Arianna are sneaking in to surprise him. [So good to see the little cutie pie again!!] Before Sonny can give his answer to Paul's request, he sees Will and Arianna. Initial shock, then a big smile; Will wanted to surprise him, just got away for a few days. Sonny takes Arianna and kisses Will. [Nice to see some smiling happy Sonny scenes.] Sonny is telling Arianna how much he missed her, did he miss Will? Of course. How long can Will stay, Sonny wonders - but stops Will before he can answer, and offers to make him some food (Will didn't eat on the [presumably 20-hour] plane ride). Meanwhile, Paul remembers an encounter with Sonny. Back at the Club, Will admits he's not going back to LA. He couldn't stay away from Sonny for that long.

After the break, Ben is amazed that every Horton ever has an ornament, and the ornaments never get retired. Abby explains that in that way, everyone can feel like they're together, even when they're not. Ben thinks that's sweet. When they finish decorating the tree, Abby has to leave, in order to get up early to get some work done before working for Jordan's charity.

Chad is leaving the outdoor café-thing as Jordan rushes by. He follows her, they talk about how she returned to work to deal with the outreach project; he can tell she's upset, and offers his help. Though Jordan says nothing, Chad zeroes in on the culprit: Rafe. He wants to know what Rafe did to her, she won't offer any explanations. She's babbling on about not talking about Rafe, when he crams his tongue down her throat. [Ick.] Later, they're making out in a bedroom. They eventually make it over to the bed.

Rafe has visited Victor. [You read that right.] He's looking for intel on someone new in town; Victor wants to know why he should be interested. Because the guy's shacking up with Kate Roberts, Rafe explains. Victor realises this is personal, after all, Rafe's date to the wedding is Clyde's stepdaughter...Rafe wants to protect his girlfriend. Rafe corrects him, and Victor figures out that Kate is the cause of the breakup. Rafe tries to take the blame. Victor admits Rafe isn't the first guy to have his life ruined by Kate, not in the world, not even in the room. Rafe talks about Jordan & Ben's history, and what Rafe's been able to find out (he owns a Trucking Company and a club in Branson), and how Jordan wanted to bolt from Salem the moment she saw Clyde...but didn't because of Rafe. Victor has never liked Clyde's look, and agrees to help. Victor will make a few calls, quietly, but reminds Rafe he can rescue Jordan if Clyde gets wind of anything. Rafe tells him about Chad & Jordan, and how he's never liked Chad since he busted up Gabi's wedding, before Victor relays Chad's recent antics, and asks Rafe to keep an eye on Chad. After Rafe leaves, Victor calls someone and gives them Clyde's name.

Kate and Clyde meet at the Brady Pub, he asks about her meeting, she's evasive. He's missed her, and he invites her home. She has to get up at 4AM for a call with European board members, asks for a rain check, denies it's because Jordan caught them last time. She wants to know if Jordan really pulled a gun on him. She admits to overhearing Clyde's threat to Jordan, remembers a time he was late to meet with her. Clyde takes this as an opportunity to smear on the smarm, talking about how lousy he was, how Jordan had a right to hate him, how he's changed. Kate asks if that's why he's seeing a shrink. Clyde smirks, and reiterates that he wants to change. Kate likes him just how he is.

Will has eaten a nice meal, thanks to Sonny, who continues to fawn over Arianna. Will says he hated Hollywood, being away from Sonny, and keeping Ari away from Gabi. Adrienne enters and is surprised to see Will, who has to scoot off to call Sami (to tell her he arrived safely). Adrienne thinks it's funny that Will returned now, and barrels through Sonny's protests, prying about whether or not Sonny told Will about Paul [Maggie would be proud]. Sonny insists Will doesn't need to know. [Oy vey.] Turns out Adrienne agrees that it would needlessly hurt Will to find out about Paul, and she was just asking about the Southside location, which Chad said is going well, does Will know? Will comes in from his phone call [see below] and wants to know what Sonny's been keeping from him. Adrienne spills about the club, gushes really, Sonny snaps at her. Outside, Sonny admits that the Southside club is not going well, and Chad doesn't know it.

Paul must have been pacing around his room for awhile, because he's just now getting to leaving (despite Sonny having time to cook a meal for Will to eat), but there's a woman waiting at his front door. Zoe, a reporter, has tracked him down, knows about his surgery, but will keep it a secret if Sonix gets an exclusive. [Eye roll.] Zoe feels the news will get out, eventually, and Paul should control how. Why Sonix, Paul asks [as do we all], he's just a sports guy. Zoe insists he's more; he tentatively agrees, but wants something in return. Later, Paul's speaking to someone in Japanese, then finishes in English, he needs to take care of this.

On the phone with Sami, Will warns her not to fight over his exit from the picture. He doesn't want word getting around that he stinks as a writer. Besides, he's glad to be back home. Later, as Sonny & Adrienne are talking outside, Will gets a text, and calls Zoe. She's surprised, thought it would still be business hours in LA. He announces he's back in Salem, she thinks that's super since she just got an assignment for him. They plan to meet tomorrow. When the call is done, Sonny enters, and they all plan to go home. Will loves Sonny so much.

No Jonas family! No Eve and Paige! No Theresa! I could get used to DAYS like this.

Will "liar, liar, pants on fire" Horton is headed for a world of trouble. If he hadn't lost his job, he'd still be in California ignoring Sonny's phone calls. I wonder how Sonny is going to react to that fact once the truth comes out.

I've been wondering why Paul keeps going back to that Sonix magazine that has the article about Chad. He was sitting on his hotel bed yesterday reading the magazine AGAIN when Sonny called. I'm sure the "something" he wants from Zoe is to ask that Will be the one to write the article since he apparently hasn't been able to put down the article he wrote about Chad.

At this point, Paul doesn't know that Will is married to Sonny, seeing as how he didn't even know Sonny was married to begin with. Zoe contacting Will immediately after leaving Paul leads me to believe he asked that Will be the one to write the article. You don't have to be a genius to see where this is headed! Chaos!!!

Rafe and Victor going after Chad? I like it!

When Ben and Abby were talking about the Christmas tree that his mother chopped down, he made an interesting comment. After he said they put the silverware on the tree as decorations, when it was time to eat dinner, they realized there were no utensils and he had to learn how to eat with chop-sticks quickly.

Chop-sticks??? Hmmm...... Wonder if Mama Weston didn't really die, but went on to give birth to Paul??

A break from who we needed it from! Come to think of it, it's been quite a while since we've seen the JJ/Eve/Paige stuff. But also a break from the Jonas family and Theresa, which is much needed.

I agree, good pacing here. Glad Victor gets a lot of airtime. I'd be glad to see Adrienne too, if she hadn't morphed into such a busybody. I'd rather have seen Lucas interacting with Chad and happening across Will, then Adrienne.

I'm glad Will is back and that cheating is not his big secret. But I think many of you will turn out to be right, in terms of your speculation on how the Paul storyline will go.

I was laughing when Abby said they never retire Horton ornaments. Guess they put the "clunkers" on the back of the tree, like Sami, Gabi, Carrie, Johnny, Peter, Nicole, Bonnie, Chloe, Faith, Stephanie, etc. :wink:

Nearly spit out my iced tea when Zoe told Paul "you authorizing the article is the only way to keep control over it". Is that like her go-to pick up line or something? How's that worked out for Will in the past? Good grief.

When Ben and Abby were talking about the Christmas tree that his mother chopped down, he made an interesting comment. After he said they put the silverware on the tree as decorations, when it was time to eat dinner, they realized there were no utensils and he had to learn how to eat with chop-sticks quickly.

Chop-sticks??? Hmmm...... Wonder if Mama Weston didn't really die, but went on to give birth to Paul??

I had the same thought. Unless Clyde is really Cliff Barnes from Dallas, with his characteristic love of Chinese food, LOL.

I also thought about the retired ornaments - Abby rightly figured Ben's tiny brain probably couldn't process exceptions to the rule. :wink:

I'm rolling on the floor picturing Maggie handing Peter's ornament to Jennifer saying "here, Jennifer, dear, you can hang this one since you were married to him". Or someone handing Gabi's ornament to Julie to hang on the tree! They could hand a small box of "ex-wives" ornaments to Lucas to hang (Nicole, Sami, Chloe). LOL

I may need to watch this one again later as I rushed through it.

I really enjoyed the Abigail/Ben scenes though. Normal conversation for a couple spending their first holiday together. But I wish she had changed into jeans first. That would have been more realistic. I missed the chop sticks comment but I'm pretty sure someone on here suggested that Jordan's mother may be Japanese a while ago since the actress is half Japanese.

I'm wondering if Jordan is going to end up pregnant with Rafe's kid. TPTB are clearly still insinuating she and Rafe are end game. What if she sleeps with both him and Chad in a short period of time and it's a Who's the Daddy story?

LOVED seeing Arianna today. She is such a good baby too if the show is doing only 1 take in her scenes. It's also cute how you can see her looking off camera sometimes, probably at her real life mother.

I need Adrienne to get a job.

Still too many newbies today but not a bad episode.

I like seeing Victor mix it up with different characters. If the show isn't going to utilize Stefano properly, then they should increase Victor's air time and involvement.

Thank you Jason. As always, I love your commentaries. :)

I missed the chop sticks comment but I'm pretty sure someone on here suggested that Jordan's mother may be Japanese a while ago since the actress is half Japanese.
To me, this version of Ben has a slight Asian look to him. The other Ben had that "country boy" look (in my opinion). Although, they are both quite handsome.

th

It was great to see Arianna again; I'm glad to see they didn't use the time she was off screen to age her. I guess they appreciate the adorableness they have with the twins that they have now. It's also a plus I'm sure, that they seem to be so well behaved and easy to work with.

The scenes with Abigail and Ben were nice because they actually just talked like couples do sometimes, it reminded of why I liked them in the beginning and hopefully we see more of this kind of thing with them. Although, I have to say part of me was afraid one of them was going to say "You know what really turns me on? Christmas tree decorating." Then they would go back to going at it like rabbits. I'm grateful that didn't happen.

I like the fact that Rafe realizes that if he's going to take on a creep like Clyde that he needs a creep like Victor in his corner. I also liked the thought of Victor and Rafe also teaming up to take Chad down a peg or two. But unfortunately it appears that Jordan isn't going to be too appreciative of Rafe's efforts on her behalf. Maybe it's time for Rafe to cut his losses and find someone else to rescue; that Melanie seems nice.

Ouch! Hey whose throwing the soup cans with soup still in them? It hurts! I was just joking about Melanie. Ow! Cut it out!

I was laughing when Abby said they never retire Horton ornaments. Guess they put the "clunkers" on the back of the tree, like Sami, Gabi, Carrie, Johnny, Peter, Nicole, Bonnie, Chloe, Faith, Stephanie, etc. :wink:
Let's not forget Jeremy "Touch the Sky Airlines" Horton, the official family fugitive. And didn't one ornament (Chloe?) once fall off the tree and break, which was an omen of things to come? On other subjects, both Clyde and Paul Narita are doomed. Now that Victor is on his case, the Poplar Bluff pervert's biggest problem won't be hairy Jeremiah's failure to sell enough "product." As for Paul, he's really in dire straits. Sleazy Zoe is not to be trusted and is certainly capable of making Will's ungrammatical, badly-organized, hatchet job of an article totally ruinous to the sore-armed pitcher's reputation. (Ask Abigail about that.) Of course, Will is sure to be proud of his latest exercise in faux journalism. He'll probably run around town waving a copy and exclaiming: "Look! I can write about people who aren't my relatives!"

LOL, and then he learns, afterwards, that Paul is Will's husband's ex-boyfriend, that he once again proved he is a young dolt who doesn't make sure of his employer's intent, and doesn't research well at all.

Very good job, Jason, Thank you. I only saw about 15 min of the show and had to leave.

So Will doesn't want anyone to know he got fired? (or did he quit because of too much pressure?)

Back