Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 22, 2016

Doug encouraging JJ to fight for Gabi. Although I couldn't help notice that Julie was well out of earshot LOL.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I liked this part too. Actually the whole ornament scene was wonderful, but it should have been a larger part of the episode in my opinion.
I did not like Daniel, Parker & Melanie having ornaments on the tree. Yes, being petty, I am.
We're in good company.
And....are they all at Salem's hospital?? I mean Chloe was unconscious, had just delivered a baby, and they did not do "nearest hospital"? Tsk, tsk.
Right? And...it seems that flying her contributed to her injury. They had to figure out some way to drag this out.
Thomas looks too little to be 1 now I think
I thought the same thing.

The actress who plays Gabi is stunning, but honestly, we do not need to see her in skin tight saran wrap dresses with her "curves" popping out the top.

Days writers, this is 2016, mental illnesses, such as depression and panic attacks, are manageable and treatable. No need to act like this is 1940 and that mental illness is something you lock people up for having. This Abby storyline is really out of whack with current day. People are working really hard to bring awareness to mental health, what a step backwards! But, on the other hand, yes please do have Abby go away!

Thanks Jason.

Poor Chloe, she has SOC, Soap Opera Coma. I hope when she wakes up
she won't have SOA, Soap Opera Amnesia

Brady won the "save the day" contest since he got there first :)

I'm surprised Julie didn't say anything about Valerie's "peek a boob" dress.

I got teary eyed watching the Horton ornament hanging. I'm glad Shawn
was there to help Ciara add their parents one to the tree.

I'm glad they did a close up of Tom and Alice's photo. We, also, saw Jack's
picture a couple of times today.

It was interesting to hear Doug talk to JJ about Gabi's ornament.

I'm glad Chad and Gabi stopped themselves before they did something.
Should we feel sorry for Gabi because she told Abby's angel she was so happy?
The happiest she's ever been. Then Chad finds Abby in Thomas' room.
Oh well, that's how things go in Salem.

Okay, while I do enjoy the Horton Christmas ornament hanging, I'd prefer to have more of it and less Hope and Rafe in jail. It was a bit jarring to have Shawn-no-longer-Douglas suddenly show up to hang his ornament, and his dad's.
It was really a brief little bit. Boo:cry::angry:

Yes my sentiments exactly. Less Rafe/Hope, less Deimos and no Chad/Gabi in bed.

Chad got to see Abby TODAY!!

This surprised me as well. I was sure this would be the cliffhanger tomorrow. Now I feel like tomorrow will be a bonus. I do think we will also get the hospital Christmas story tomorrow.

I liked this part too. Actually the whole ornament scene was wonderful, but it should have been a larger part of the episode in my opinion.

The Doug/JJ scene was terrific and I hope it was foreshadowing for JJ. I'm still rooting for him and Gabi even though she is now on my naughty list. And I agree the Hortons should have led the show today. The were plenty of people in that loving room to have side conversations to carry the show.

Nice to see Doug and Julie as head of the family and not Maggie.

I REALLY wish the show would have been playing up Shawn in the middle of Ciara and Claire all along. Tremendous missed opportunity here. I did like Shawn and Ciara hanging Bo and Hope's ornaments and then looking at Doug and Julie. Claire was also cute on the stepladder. But it would have been nice to have a group hug with the 3 of them after hanging ornaments.

Glad that JJ explained the background of Gabi's ornament. Now it all makes sense.

I suspect Claire and Theo will get in trouble for planting the listening device. Isn't that illegal too?

I was also annoyed with Daniel, Melanie and Parker's ornaments on the tree. I was more annoyed that Victor's ornament was in between Mickey and Maggie. I actually don't think Victor should have one either.

Lucas, Arianna and Thomas all should have been there too. I know da plot but at least have Lucas and Arianna there.

Not interested in Rafe and Hope and Hope forgetting about her family at Christmas. They could have had the kids there too for at least one scene.

Deimos really added no value whatsoever today. He truly was a 3rd wheel. I could have watched the exact same scenes with just Brady and Nicole and they would have had the same impact. I hope Chloe is ok. I liked the very brief scene of Brady trying to wake up Chloe. I want more.

I was also really glad Chad stopped them from making love. I could have done without the professing live though. I watched the ending twice and had goose bumps both times.

Is it bad for me to hope that Claire and Theo do get arrested and spend some time in jail? Claire is starting to make me almost like Ciara.

Deimos got on my nerves more than usual today.

I liked Doug's talk with J.J.

Did Abe wonder how Valerie would remember being at the Horton Christmas in the past? How would she? I wasn't watching when she was on before.

I wonder if Chad will think he is seeing Abigail in the same way he sometimes is "visited" by his father.

Have Abe and his family been to the Horton Christmas before? My brain is asleep. Why, other than the plot, are they there?
I'd have to check Jason47's stats to see if they attended before, but Theo was clearly invited by Claire, and it would have been nice if Julie invited Valerie and Abe, but I guess we have to make our own guesses since it was more important to show Rafe and Hope, the most super of all super couples who ever were on any show.
less Deimos
You know, I'm over Deimos, too. The writers don't know who he is. He does whatever DA PLOT requires. It's stupid. He's like EJ and Daniel merged into one character, and I'm sick of it. Too much to hope that Nick McHenry (the character Vincent Irizarry [aka Deimos] played on Guiding Light) might move to Salem?

robin I think whenever Allie is aged, she will get a 'new' ornament that says ALLIE. Just my speculation. Note that most of the characters have ornaments that reflect the name they used when the ornament was made for them, so it makes sense that Alice Caroline is the ornament given to baby Allie, especially since Alice was still alive at the time.

As for Victor having an ornament, I'm 50% okay with this. I wouldn't mind it so much if there were different types of ornaments and Victor had, say, a flat one.

Is there a reason why some ornaments have full names and others have nick names? I saw Alice Caroline and thought "Who?" and then we get Abby on another. Shawn-Douglas on one and Bo on his dad's.
robin I think whenever Allie is aged, she will get a 'new' ornament that says ALLIE. Just my speculation. Note that most of the characters have ornaments that reflect the name they used when the ornament was made for them, so it makes sense that Alice Caroline is the ornament given to baby Allie, especially since Alice was still alive at the time.
I doubt Allie will get a new ornament. Ornaments are a one-shot thing, unless the actual one is broken at some point.

It appears they've used full names only on ornaments for babies: Shawn-Douglas, John Thomas, Jack Patrick (JJ's original ornament, which was repainted to say Jack Jr.), Johnny Roman, Alice Caroline, Arianna Grace, Thomas Jack.

It could also just be up to the person who is designing the ornament at the time, too. Like Nick's ornament saying "Nicholas" instead of just "Nick", and Josh Fallon's saying "Joshua" instead of just "Josh". Then you have Sami's that just says "Sami" instead of "Samantha", and "Abby" over "Abigail".

I'd have to check Jason47's stats to see if they attended before, but Theo was clearly invited by Claire, and it would have been nice if Julie invited Valerie and Abe, but I guess we have to make our own guesses since it was more important to show Rafe and Hope, the most super of all super couples who ever were on any show.
Abe was there in 1984. Then he, Lexi and Theo were there in 2008.

:angry::angry:Lani with child speculation?! Oh please, not another "surprise, I'm pregnant and it's yours" baby debacle story. And we all know Salem's time warp is always in place but wouldn't it be a bit soon for this scenario?

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place, poor Chad. He has every reason to totally lose it.

I think the whole Abby thing was written very poorly. Grandma Laura could have stepped in and taken over Abby's care without all this disappearing dying in a plane crash bull. And shame on Saint Jennifer for going along with the ridiculous decision to keep her hidden the attic. Poor Abby, my aunt Fanny :angry:

Maybe those differences in the names is so to avoid confusion between characters, since so many are named after other characters. They may use nicknames, or shortened ones.

I am sure that when Chloe comes out of her coma, if she doesn't have amnesia, she won't tell Nicole about Holly's parentage because Deimos will be around.

I'm getting tired of all the younger characters having babies and by younger I mean the supposed 30 and under set. That might have worked 30 years ago but it's not realistic in this day and age. People are waiting longer and longer to get married and have kids, if they do have kids. Jeannie Theresa never should have had a kid. The show was fine with Thomas and Ari who were more essential to their parents' plots. So I really hope Lani isn't pregnant too.

I'm actually surprised they've waited this long with Nicole and Rafe. To this day, I'm surprised Rafe never had a kid with Sami.

What is interesting, originally it was Chad who said, let's take it slow, Gabi then agreed. And now it was Chad who called a halt to the almost sex romp, with Gabi then agreeing. As I have noted, Gabi clearly wants to claim Chad completely as her own, even before dumping JJ. Her little talk with the Abby angel statue confirmed that.

So, she is so happy, she wants to tell her "best friend" immediately how happy she is to be with that's friend's husband, just a few months after her friend disappeared. With friends like Gabi, one better wear armor vest, so as not to have the knife in the back penetrate.

Back