Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 29, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Lucas is at the hospital for Adrienne, but gets a call he has to take. Adrienne has returned for a second round of chemo. Justin arrives and Lucas returns. There's only room for one visitor in the treatment room. Lucas and Justin both agree to do what Adrienne wishes.

At the Horton House, JJ has told Jennifer that Abby is at the DiMansion with Chad. Jen is pleased that all is well, JJ is worried. Jen believes Chad will understand thanks to some divine intervention, is sure it will all work out.

At TBD, Gabi and Dario are recapping the Abby-is-alive reveal. Gabi tells Dario this happened on xmas eve, and that Abby's still there. (No mention of what day today is, though.) Back and forth as they recap Abby's hiding and what it did to Chad, prolonged by her witnessing his ring-burial. (Gabi says, "Abby was my best friend.") Gabi goes on about how nasty what Abby did was, but she will not move forward with Chad, he is married. Dario thinks this is for the best; he runs down her list of failed romances and questions Chad's virtue. He reveals why he kept Abby's secret (not the blackmail part, though) and tells Gabi he's only been worried about her through this whole mess.

At DiMansion, Chad is working on his computer; Abby comes in, having put Thomas down for a nap, and has a playlist of their favourite songs. She plays one (their theme song, more info here) and asks him to dance. They do dance a bit, but Chad ceases. They both apologise. Abby tries to plan a party, Chad can't just go back to the way things were. Abby admits she had been lying to herself that Chad/Thomas would be better without her. Chad is overwhelmed with all the lies he's ever been told. He says that once trust is broken, it's impossible...(he trails off). (Ed. note: André brainwashed him, but no big deal; Abby stood by him when he was accused of murder, but too bad, etc.) She gets close to him and asks how he feels.

In the Square, Eduardo comes up to Kate and they talk resolutions (Kate is opposed to them). Eduardo looks forward to seeing her in a funny hat tonight (guess it's New Year's Eve). They talk about Stefano's not being dead and she lets slip that DiMera is having trouble.

Later, Kate zooms in to the hospital, yells at Lucas and Justin for stressing Adrienne, and whisks her away. Justin and Lucas need to talk. In the treatment room, Adrienne ponders her choices, worries that she's vain in not wanting a mastectomy. She admits she hates the way Justin and Lucas look at her after Kate gives her some straight talk. In the lobby, Justin and Lucas call a truce; the important thing is for Adrienne to get through this. Later, her treatment over, Adrienne thanks Kate, says she will rotate Justin and Lucas at treatment.

In the Square, JJ comes up to Gabi, who doesn't think there's more to say. He wants a normal conversation. He feels that Chad and Abby will work things out and he hopes Gabi can let go about how she feels about Chad. Gabi says Abby's her best friend, but she worked Chad through this grief, doesn't want to see him get hurt. JJ doesn't want to see Gabi get hurt, either.

At TBD, Dario and Eduardo talk about the microchip scam. Eduardo worries that the DiMeras may have caught up in the time they lost, although they are now distracted by the potential return of Stefano. Eduardo is confident that Kate won't hold his betrayal against him; she'd do the same in these circumstances. Dario recognises that Kate's gotten to Eduardo; Eduardo admits, more than anyone he's ever met.

Jennifer has gone to the DiMansion, is confident that Abby/Chad will be a family again. Abby admits she didn't come forward, Chad discovered her by accident. Abby wants time alone. Jennifer wants to know why Chad's pushing Abby away. They're both worried about Abby snapping again; Chad is worried about making a promise he can't deliver. At the statue, Abby remembers Chad telling her he's not sure when he'll stop being mad at her and has what appears to be the start of a panic attack. Later Chad looks at the gift from Gabi, flashes back.

At the Pub, Anne Milbauer (Ed. note: YAY!!) comes up to Lucas, invites herself to his table. She's had trouble finding a job since DJ Wear folded; but there's a perfect marketing job for her at the Spectator if he could only give his sister a good word on Anne's behalf.

Kate gets a call and learns Eduardo stole the microchips. (Ed note: What did he do, leave a note with the rightful owner?) She doesn't want to believe it, but does.

At the Statue, Abby is trying to pull out of her panic attack but thinks of Gabi and Chad kissing; Gabi comes upon this, asks if she's okay.

Thanks Jason.........I only caught bits and pieces today, missed a good portion at beginning, I guess.

But I did see Kate saying Justin & Lucas being there was like bringing 2 puppies to chemo treatment. And that next time she will bring a rolled up newspaper for Adrienne, who burst out laughing hysterically, as did I.

So...Chad is still mad at Abby, Gabi is seemingly still going to go after Chad, pretending to Dario she was just being a good friend. Glad he listed her unwise choices in men....father of Arianna, Will; stalker Nick, and JJ who can't keep it in his pants. Good list! :rolleyes: And now married Chad, whose wife is alive and living there.

I did get to see the scene where Abby starts having a panic attack, hyperventilating, and Gabi (who Abby just envisioned in a flashback, kissing Chad) comes along. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the summary. A good and interesting show overall. I really did like the scenes with Kate, and even Eduardo and Dario. Looks like Dario has become much more tolerable these past few weeks. Adrienne was a pleasure to see, as always.

Sorry, but I'm Team Gabi on this. I just can't get behind Abigail's excuses for lying about being alive for months and avoiding her baby and husband.

I thought it was an okay episode but I felt it was pretty much filler.

So Chad and Abby now officially have a song? Well. I think that means that after the requisite period of angst their future is looking might bright. I mean they wouldn't give them a song just to turn around and break them up right?

I think Gabi was just venting. I don't think she knows what she's going to do. I believe she's sincere when she says she loves Abby but she's conflicted. It could go either way. *Please Gabi just walk away. Pretty please with sugar on top."

I hate to say it that Dario made a fair point about Gabi's track record.

I was glad to see Gabi be a bit softer with JJ. No their scenes didn't exactly fuel the fires of my hopes for a reconciliation but at least she was civil. So that's something I suppose.

So Kate knows Eduardo is behind the theft of the microchips. Um, okay. I gotta say that since this basically undermines Andre I'm team Eduardo. I gotta got a chuckle out of Jason's comment Eduardo leaving a note at the scene of the crime. it made me think of one of the small towns in Western Washington that has a law on the books that states if you're coming into the town with the intent of committing a crime you need to inform the authorities beforehand. Maybe China has a similar law? Hmm. after reading that I can see that was kind of a long way to go for a joke that really wasn't all that funny. Darn, well I guess they all can't be home runs, right? :)

Thank you for the summary, Jason. I don't know if I can stay awake to watch tonight.

Troy, you are the only person I've heard, besides me, who says, "Pretty please with sugar on top." Others seem to say a cherry or something else on top. I grew up with "sugar on top."

I'm not as confident as Jennifer that things will work out between Chad and Abby. While it is true that her hiding out for so long gave him time to move on, I don't think it is her deception that is keeping him from embracing her return. I believe he now has a hankering for Gabi, and once that sets in, people tend to have trouble giving it up.

I wonder what Kate will do about Eduardo, now that she knows about the microchips.

Thanks, Jason.

I laughed when Dario was telling Gabi about the men who were in her life. His description
of JJ was great.

I'm glad Kate came again to be with Adrienne and the "puppies" decided to grow up.

Nice seeing Anne and having her ask Lucas get a job with Jen-Jen.

You could tell Eduardo was scared when Kate told him about Stefano.

The Horton's Christmas tree is gone. They didn't keep it very long.

Shouldn't Dario be concerned that Abigail has now revealed herself to Chad? She saw him engaged in dirty doings down by the piers and the way he kept her mouth shut was to threaten to reveal that she was alive. Assuming Abigail wins back Chad, gets focused, and overcomes her panic attacks, what's to prevent her from telling Chad what she saw? As for Eduardo, he's skating on thin ice romancing Kate while stealing from the DiMeras. Sure this might adversely affect Andre, but since Kate now seems bent on making DiMera Enterprises her new power base, news about the stolen microchips might have her dusting off her old recipe book.

I didn't enjoy this at all.

I think the show truly doesn't know what to do with Kate at this point and that's why I've been saying for months that the character needs a rest offscreen for a while. They bounce her around from man to man, most of whom, she has no chemistry with Eduardo included. While it's nice to see her supporting Adrienne, this is starting to be overkill now. She doesn't have to be in every cancer related scene. Adrienne has Jen, Kayla, Steve, Sonny, Marlena, her other 3 sons, JJ, Abigail, etc if she doesn't want Lucas or Justin with her.

I also wish Adrienne would pick one of the guys already and move this story on. The show clearly backtracked on her picking Lucas a couple weeks ago so give us her decision and have the other guy move on with someone else.

And what will happen if Adrienne ends up picking Justin? Will Kate turn on her then?

The Chad/Abby/JJ/Gabi story is just awful. 3/4 of the characters have become unrootable. And poor JJ doesn't even get mentioned. Why aren't more people upset with the way Gabi is treating him? Even Dario should have called her out on that. At this point I want someone new for JJ and not Lani either. And while I liked what Dario told Abby, I wish it had been Rafe instead. Rafe also knows about Paige and Eve so it would have been more relevant. I know JJ cheated on Paige but we still don't know all the facts about Florida. I just didn't like Dario trashing JJ when we don't know the whole story.

I was disappointed Chad didn't go off on Jennifer more. What a letdown.

They bounce her around from man to man, most of whom, she has no chemistry with Eduardo included.
I like Eduardo, but I'm not buying this couple, either. I'm not buying that he's more intrigued by her than any other woman in his past, either. His scenes with Mami were terrific.

The Chad/Abby/JJ/Gabi story is just awful. 3/4 of the characters have become unrootable.

Yes! I like all four characters and want them all to be "good guys/gals" but I just don't like the way it's playing out. I don't want Gabi to be the reason why Chad and Abby are struggling to get back to what they had, I also really want JJ to be a real good guy, they already had him be a cheater, does he have to do it again? I liked him and Gabi as a couple and really both couples have had some angst without the love triangles/quadrangles or whatever.

I wonder when the rest of Salem will be told Abby is not dead? Although maybe a better question is, will anyone really care?
Good point especially since a public space now has a monument to her memory. Does Mayor Abe really want Salem to be known as a city that has a memorial to a person who's still alive?

Back