Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 1, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In Hope's office, Hope shows Rafe the invitation and they kiss. Carrie enters, sorry for interrupting. She hopes the invitations haven't be mailed out, because the wedding's not happening. She's going to sue them for false arrest, leaving them broke. She actually calls them out on how they were protected by Roman. Turns out she meant Roman mentored them. Carrie feels Anna is being framed. Back and forth.

In Will's room, Will and Paul review everything they don't know about the ISA and John's poisoning Steve. John arrives, and Will answers the door. John wonders what Paul is doing there. Turns out John was looking for Paul, was going to ask Will where he was. They're just hanging out. John needs Paul's help on a case because Steve's not up to it. Paul agrees, as soon as he finishes up with Will. Will gets an invite to the townhouse for dinner some time. John leaves. Paul has a plan to get to the bottom of this.

In the Square, Kate is having a martini and flashes back to André referring to her prostituting past, and her throwing a drink in his face before he grabbed her and kissed her. (I can't locate the scene.) She has other flashbacks too, and in the 10th scene, she toasts André as "[her] *bleep*." Will comes along, asks her if she's okay. She's having this drink not to drown her sorrows, but to commemorate André. She tells Will about André on his request. They leave, and she leaves her martini.

In her bedroom, Abby again has a nightmare about finding André's body. He was about to tell her who killed him. Later, they are getting ready for the funeral. Chad loved André. Later, she is remembering her hospital time where they talked about the stigma of mental illness.

In the DiMansion study, Vivian talks to Stefano's portrait. Stefan0 comes in and points out daddy would be mad at her over her ordering him to kill André. Vivian explains that because André was becoming "nice," Stefano would have been A-OK with the offing. They are in the clear. Not so clear, Stefan0 points out. John is on the trail of their involvement of the leak, which could lead him to this. They also have a problem with Chad, who is still trying to take over DiMera. Chad enters, and asks, "Can you blame me?"

At the Pub, John and Paul meet and John shows him the letter, which they think provoked Anna to murder André. John's coat is on a rack by the door. Only prints are Anna and Roman's. Will enters to rummage through John's coat; Paul notices a watermark to keep John engaged. Paul looks something up on a tablet, John knows who did this, but has to make a call first. Paul bolts to talk to Will, who didn't find anything in John's pockets, and wants to alert the police.

In the interrogation room/office, Anna apologizes to Roman for getting him in to this mess. He did it on his own. Carrie arrives and hugs Anna, then yells at Roman for lying. Anna wants Carrie to get Roman out of jail, Carrie vows to get them both out of there. She needs to know the truth - Did Anna do it? Later, the whole story has been told (not to us, though). Hope and Rafe come in, Carrie demands a hearing or that her parents are released. Hearing it is.

In a mausoleum, Chad, Abby, Stefan0, Vivian, and Kate have gathered. Barbs start, but are stopped by Chad. They memorialise around the casket. Someone lurks outside.

Later in Hope's office, Hope is glad that Anna and Roman are out on bail. Rafe wonders if they'll flee the country. Hope hugs him and he gets a worried one-shot. Later, he meets with Carrie in the interrogation/office. She drops the bomb she knows about him "cheating" on Hope.

Back at the Pub, Paul decides it's time for him to have a talk with John. Roman and Anna enter. John asks his son to hold the thought, talks to Roman as Anna goes to shower.

Will goes to Hope's office. He asks if they're related, she confirms it. He needs her assurance that she'll do the right thing with what he's about to tell her regarding John Black.

Outside the Pub, John and Paul exchange accolades as they congratulate themselves on figuring out who put the letter in Anna's purse. (We don't hear.) In the Pub, Roman tells Anna John figured it out. (We don't hear it.)

Someone's still stalking the funeral as Abby goes on an on. She wants someone to pay for this murder. Chad leaves a pocketwatch on the casket. Somebody enters and the gang looks at the entrant. END

Thank you for the recap Jason. The whole funeral for Andre is just making me shake my very own head, I mean after ALL of what Andre did and he gets a proper funeral? If this was Tony, I would understand, but this is Andre, the man who even hurt and killed some of his very own relatives. Heck, he would've even killed Stefano and not have any regrets over it.

I also forgot to mention this, but it was good to see Carrie back today, although I don't like that she may be the one to expose Rafe's affair at their wedding. It's really none of her business unless Carrie has feelings for Rafe, and has broken up with Austin. But only IF she was staying on the show full time, but that's just me.

The only people at the casket were Chad, Abby, Stefan, Viv and Kate. It seemed to be a small room, so guessing they are inside a mausoleum. I only caught the end of this show, thanks, Jason.

I thought Carrie was quite pushy and overbearing, but realize she was in "Protect my parents at all costs" mode.

Also agree that the "I know who it is" without telling the audience is now on overkill.

Carrie was a little annoying today.
I found her crying a bit much. So much for a strong female character there to kick butt and take names. And just when I thought she was going to expose Hope as a murderer...oops, that's not where we were going.

GROSS. Meanwhile the show seems torn on whether Stefano is living, or dead; and on whether he was shot, or an impostor. And they're not consistent on which characters think which thing.

I also forgot to mention this, but it was good to see Carrie back today, although I don't like that she may be the one to expose Rafe's affair at their wedding. It's really none of her business unless Carrie has feelings for Rafe, and has broken up with Austin. But only IF she was staying on the show full time, but that's just me.
When did Carrie become a lawyer?

When she was off the show for a few years, just like Belle also became one, and Shawn became an expert in forensics. The last time Carrie visited, she had a law office with Rafe as her investigative detective. (Like Perry Mason, only they were stuck with finding lost cats and melting ice cubes to stay cool in the hot summer when the A/C broke down in the office.:sarcasm:

I thought Carrie was quite pushy and overbearing, but realize she was in "Protect my parents at all costs" mode.
Not only was the former lost-cat lawyer pushy and overbearing, she also demonstrated why she's better suited to dancing around the Pub in a princess costume than serving as an attorney. Claiming that lyin' Roman and urn-toting Anna were victims of false arrest was ridiculous. That applies only when the police arrest a person without probable cause, which was hardly the case with Carrie's loving parents. Attorneys are also supposed to know how to properly use words. Apparently Lost Cat Carrie thinks that a man can cheat on a woman who's given him back his ring and apparently ended the relationship. As for other characters:

1) Vivian: One would think that after her forced, extended stay in the final resting place for Kiriakis family members the very thought entering another mausoleum would have caused her to break out in hives.

2) Will: He got in a good line today when he said the the ISA isn't the Cub Scouts. That's true. Based on what's been seen over the past several years, the ISA is actually the secret agent version of the Salem Keystone Kops.

Last edited:
Man alive, did I ever find today's episode annoying! When Abigail started spewing that "Andre was my champion" hogwash at the service, I found myself talking back to the TV and what I said was not complimentary. LOL

I usually try to cut the characters some slack when they don't know as much as we in the audience know, but that was just too much. Enough is enough.

I give Will credit for realizing that instead of playing "Hardy Boys" with Paul, they needed to to take their suspicions to the cops. Of course since the cops in question are the Salem PD, I don't now how much good it will actually do. Still I give him credit, nonetheless. It seems that while amnesia has robbed Will of his memories, it made up for it by giving him an infusion of good sense. LOL

Thanks, Jason.

I got confused what day it was in since Paul was in Will's room. I
just checked they are wearing different clothes today. So it was new
day in Salem.

Glad to see Carrie in Salem helping her parents.

I wish we could have skipped this episode and see tomorrow's instead.

Will the person going to Andre's memorial be the same one who sent Anna the note?

WOW! 3 cliffhangers on a Thursday. A mystery mourner, identity of the anonymous note sent to Anna, and Will turning in incriminating evidence on John.

Enough already with Abby's nightmares. What is she, 6? And enough with her hero worship of André. I just can’t get on board with Stefan. He does nothing for the show and kinda makes me want to change the channel. Be gone, Satan!

How much longer are he and his supposed, mother, Vivan, going to be around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back