Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 1, 2018

This was a very annoying episode in many ways, but the 3-pronged cliffhanger is commendable. I think Abby's reaction to Andre's death is just a bit too much and makes little sense. Carrie was also over the top. Not to mention that Rafe didn't cheat on Hope--whatever his flaws, at least they were broken up before his romp with Sami.

At least he hasn't sexually harassed anyone for a few hours, and he wore all of his clothes to André's funeral. Next he'll be the show's romantic lead.
Ah Jason, I do not find anything the least bit sexy about him. And another thing, he really should keep his cloths on.

Rafe cheating on Hope! Come on now. Geez, Carrie, get a grip. They were broken up for at least an hour and a half. Not that I think it was ethical, but even hot-headed Ciara understood Rafe’s explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be in the minority but I liked Carrie today (I thought the actress looked great, better than they did her in the past). I thought that yes, she was crying, but I still found her strong and kind of said "forget this crap, everyone on the force commits murders"

Welcome back Carrie. My dream of a Carrie/Belle law firm continues. I hated her suit but it was so good to see her. I enjoyed the scenes with her and her parents though technically Marlena has been more of a mother to her than Anna. I'm willing to let that slide since she called Marlena yesterday.

I also agree that Rafe and Hope were broken up when he slept with Sami.

I fast forwarded most of the DiMera caterwauling. Andre is not your best friend, Abby!!

Funniest scene was Will entering Hope's office asking if they were related. I loved that Hope replied saying she's his cousin and not his great-aunt.

I've had this niggling feeling for a day or so that Andre isn't dead. That this is one big plot to do something else, either to frame Kate, or make sure that Vivian and her spawn (I believe alleged spawn, I don't think this guy really is who he says he is, since both Andre and Vivian attended the DNA testing, and they were in cahoots over something). I think Andre was double-dealing, and I don't care what we saw of his body. And I think Anna might know what's going on too.

Just a feeling people.

My dream of a Carrie/Belle law firm continues.
A law firm consisting of two strong, competent women would be a welcome addition to Days, but the way the writers have treated members of Salem's legal community over the years doesn't inspire confidence.
  • Carrie: Partnered with Rafe in a firm that was so ridiculous that posters suggested its specialty was finding lost cats. She didn't exactly shine in her personal life either -- once cooling off with an ice-cube massage and lusting so shamelessly after Rafe that posters dubbed her a "hag" (which later morphed into "Princess Hag");
  • Belle: Has fared better than Carrie as an attorney, but has done nothing to show that she's a "real" lawyer rather than a graduate of Salem University Law School's quickie course;
  • Melinda Trask: A one-dimensional barracuda who was out to convict members of Salem's in-crowd at all costs. (Instead of wasting time prosecuting Sami for killing corrupt cop Bernardi, she should have charged her with disturbing the peace with her high-volume screeching);
  • Justin: Is usually Ignorant of the law and unprepared in court. He was a failure as district attorney and is now reduced to being the Kiriakis family legal mouthpiece.
  • Aiden: He started out well, but degenerated into such a DiMera stooge that he was going to strangle his new bride, Hope, on their wedding night. (The only thing in his favor was that he actually had an office in which to meet clients.);
  • Charles Woods: Chad's ex-daddy and one-time district attorney was a blithering idiot in all respects.
  • Karen Fitzpatrick: For all the viewers know, she may be an otherwise competent judge, but she's a shameless bought-and-paid-for DiMera tool;
  • Rose Duncan: Ignorant and dishonest -- she's the brainless judge who deemed both Nicole and Chloe unfit parents because she was on Deimos's payroll.

Last edited:
Who is this Justin that you speak of? :huh: I thought that maybe a Justin and Adrienne lived in Salem currently but nah, I must've been mistaken.

Back