Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb 16, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
This one's going to need a lot of filling in. I figure we can all say what we saw and piece it together.
And it's a shame that this interrupted the episode I was really looking forward to.

Justin was in the Kiriakis mansion.

Two thugs are strangling Sonny in an alley. Paul attempts to intervene and is knocked unconscious. Sonny is dragged away.

Steve and Kayla are at home, married. She doesn't need a big honeymoon, just her perfect husband. Kiss. (There are petals on the bed, too.) He loves her dress; she wants to undress him first.

Valerie and Abe are walking through the Square (WHAT is Valerie wearing!?!?). Rafe and Hope are there too, Doug and Julie close behind. Julie gets a call, says it's from Scotty. A few seconds later, "Oh my GOD." End.

Anna confronts Andre in Horton Town Square (with Tony's urn in her hand). Their scenes are pretty funny with his snarky remarks. She finally has enough and flounces off.

Adrienne is in the hotel room with Jennifer and Drew. Jennifer tells Adrienne to go to the wedding and she'll stay with Drew. Adrienne happily agrees and says she doesn't want to mess up her track record for attending Steve's weddings. Drew has some success with his plan, as he keeps working.

Stephanie and Joey sit on a bench in the park talking. She talks about when she heard Kayla was pregnant with him and they laugh about how awkward that must have been. She then tells him she's sorry he and Jade lost their baby. Jade comes up and tells them it's time to go. Stephanie and Jade meet. Stephanie doesn't appear to be impressed. Joey tells her he'll see her there. Stephanie asks why he's still involved with her. He says he's not going to leave her hanging just because she lost the baby.

After the ceremony, different conversations around the room.

Roman, Patch & Kayla: Roman tells Steve if he doesn't take care of his little sister, he'll..... and Steve chimes in "punch me in the patch" and they all laugh.

Doug and Julie talk. She reminisces about those not at the wedding and brings up David. Says she's going to call him when they get home. She says her son does his own thing and marches to his own drum. Like his mother, Doug says.

Jennifer gives Drew a pep talk to keep working on the program. Anne texts her and says she's going to come to the hotel room so Jennifer can drop by the wedding to say hello. She tells Drew that Anne said Shane is at the wedding and wonders if Shane could help them. Drew gets a bit squirrely and says he can do it himself.

Theo gives Claire a watch, while Ciara watches with green eyed jealousy.

Steve and Kayla kiss, then Shane gives a toast. He says if it weren't for Steve and Kayla, many of the people in the room wouldn't be there. Joey says "especially Steph and me!", which gets a good laugh. Steve and Kayla dance while everyone watches, then joins in.

Justin and Sonny argue over Sonny going to confront Deimos. Sonny reminds Justin that Nicole needs him in court today. Sonny says that Justin has to give him the rest of the day to make it right and if he's not successful, then Justin can take over. Justin agrees.

Jennifer comes into the wedding and talks to Adrienne. Adrienne wonders if they should mention to Shane that Drew's in town. Jennifer said Drew was adamant about not telling Shane. Then Hope comes up and says hi to a surprised Jennifer.

Joey asks Jade to dance. Carrie dances with Roman and he tries to bribe her to stay by offering to buy her a pony. She laughs, then Austin cuts in, who tells Roman that Hope wants to speak with him. Roman and Hope meet outside and she tells him about Eric being the good Samaritan. Roman asks if Eric is sober, which Hope reassures him Eric is.

Abe tries to convince Valerie to stay in Salem, but she says she can't. Her life is in Washington, DC. She's leaving in the morning. Theo asks if he's leaving because of him, but Valerie assures him that's not the case. (over Abe's shoulder, you can see Shane and Claire having an animated discussion, which is nice)

Jade sits down with Ciara and talks, wonders if the bartender will serve them. They head over to the bar as Kayla prepares to toss the bouquet. Claire catches it and Hope hugs her. Teases that she's not getting married soon, is she? Hope asks if Claire wants to start a new tradition and suggests giving the bouquet to Doug and Julie to celebrate them. She does and Steve says something about hoping to be as happy as long as they have.

Stephanie sits with Adrienne, says she's been praying for her. She hopes Sonny stops by, as she wants to see him. Adrienne frets a bit.

Claire takes a group shot of Kayla and some others. Someone says they want a copy of the picture and she says she just sent it to everybody. Then all of their cell phones ping and they all look at their phones to see the picture. Doug marvels that how they are standing there, heads buried in their phones to look at a picture of someone standing right in front of them. Julie laughs and tells Doug to get with the times.

Steve and Kayla talk with Doug and Julie and thank them for coming. Doug glances over and sees Hope with Ciara and Claire and says how happy he is that she's home and it's real.

Abe sits outside, upset over Valerie leaving, as Theo comes along to sit with him.

Carrie tells Austin she's afraid Anna will be getting into trouble, so he suggests they leave, collect her and be on their way.

Drew is in the hall (outside his hotel room, holding a bunch of drinks and snacks). A voice is calling out "Shane, Shane, how was the wedding? Shane??" as he frantically lets himself into the room. Anna comes up to the now closed door, looks puzzled and says something about him being rude and leaves.

Sonny is in the alley and grabbed by the thugs. Paul tries to help, but is knocked out cold.

Steve and Kayla retire to their bedroom (see Jason's description, above)

Abe/Valerie, Hope/Rafe and Doug/Julie are leaving Club TBD in a good mood when Julie gets the call from Scotty. (see Jason's description, above)

Thanks JS for watching, writing your detailed summary. Now we all know what the show covered when not interrupted like on air for Jason. :clap:

The vows, the declarations of everlasting love, Steve talking of when he first laid eyes on her........It truly was so beautiful, Definitely worth whatever wait we had to endure. It is a shame that it had to get interrupted. I lost the last 10 minutes,but some lost the whole beginning, which was where the wedding ceremony was. Abe did the knot tying. I think Theo gifted Claire with a bracelet, at least I think she called it that.

So, amazing how everyone "danced" but never moved from their assigned x spot, lol. There really was enough room there for them to move around a bit.......but, guess not. Cannot leave the spot.

Oh, I loved all Doug's comments about the cell phone picture taking, with everyone looking at the phones to see a pic of the person standing right next to them, instead of the person themselves. LOL And that is what Julie said.....21st century.

Yep, she is right. People don't know manners, etiquette, grammar, or even have common sense. Makes one wonder just what they teach in schools these days, since many also don't know how many stars in our flag, where Idaho is located, or what state has a city named Louisville, even having no idea who won the Civil War. O.K. off that particular soapbox.

I really think Days gave the viewers a really nice wedding, and did not detract away from it all with concentration on anyone else. Yes, a few very short scenes here and there, but overall.....good stuff. Toasting, 1st dance, Shane was fun, Drew even more so. (See, too bad Drew is so in love with his Camilla, because I would love to see him with Hattie. Ha. )

Days ran for about 50 minutes here before NBC broke away.

The Wedding: It was a badly needed touch of romance and everyone looked genuinely happy. It's unfortunate that because of the inane Hope/Prague plot that anywhere but Salem the groom and several of the guests might have been hauled away by the police.

Hovering Jenny: With Jenny babbling in the background it's no wonder that Drew is bingeing on soda and it's remarkable that he can get any work done. If she had been at Kitty Hawk, the Wright Brothers never would have gotten off the ground.

Stephanie: It might have been interesting if the younger Salemites had asked her tell them about that cave thing with Max.

I haven't watched yet but sounds like a good one.

I am really annoyed that Kimberly, Shawn and Belle were not there. Completely inexcusable and lazy writing and production value in my opinion. Belle could have come and left early to go to court. Kimberly could have said Andrew was with Caroline.

As much as I adore Marlena and Kayla scenes, the pre-wedding stuff yesterday really should have been Kayla, Stephanie, Adrienne, Jennifer, and Abigail. Those are the women closest to her aside from Hope and Kimberly.

I haven't really been inspired to post much lately but today was a stand-out episode. I have to agree with my good friend Poirot I kind of would like to see Drew (if he wasn't married to his beloved Camilla) and Hattie. I think they could be in Hattie's words "The bee's knees." *sigh*

I enjoyed the scene between Joey and Stephanie catching up and then Jade had to show up. *groan* Talk about making a bad first impression I found myself wondering if she realized that Joey and Stephanie are siblings? Because I got the distinct impression that she thought she was sizing up a potential romantic rival.

Andre was in rare form with his zingers: "But Anna you usually are so successful in your endeavors." or "Most people are uncomfortable with an urn as a centerpiece." I can't decide which one I liked the best.

The wedding was very nice.

Interesting factoid: the long-haired thug that jumped Sonny wrestles professionally on "Lucha Underground" program on the El Rey Network (a cable network) under the name Johnny Mundo. The reason why I bring this up is because today was classic professional wrestling stroy-telling: you had our good guys or faces-Paul and Sonny-being absolutely destroyed by the bad guys or "heels"-the goons only to get justice in a rematch, So what I'm saying is I thing we are going to have a... TAG TEAM MATCH!!! I'm talking hits with chairs, body slams, pile drivers, it's going to be absolutely epic!!!

*I don't really think that's going to happen but a guy can dream right? LOL*

Thanks Jason and JS.

I really enjoyed today's show. I'm glad they spent most of it with the wedding.

Kayla told Steve something about sticking together and he said like gum on a shoe.
Nice scene with Stephanie and Joey.

Shane and Steve need to watch how they look at each other. Kayla noticed something
when people were talking about Stefano being alive.

Andre told called the urn a thermos. I enjoyed their scenes. Too bad the actor
is playing Andre.

Roman danced with Carrie and told her next time to bring Noah.

Nice scenes with Doug and Julie when Claire gave them the flowers and
everyone there showed their appreciation to them.

Last edited:
Back