Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 22, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In Billie's hospital room, Kate goes over the litany of lies that her secret agent daughter told in the mausoleum. Billie's going home tomorrow. Lucas enters, demanding to know what Billie's done to his son. Kate wants to be the one to yell at Billie, and Lucas lays in to him about the "ISA crap" that Billie committed with John. Will enters, says he wasn't killed, so let's all chill out. He says it's nice to meet Billie, while both conscious, now he can cross premature burial off his bucket list. Paul kept him safe.

In the Private area, Paul is waiting and he flashes back to finding John leaning over Will's body in the mausoleum and holding a gun on him. John arrives, reports that Steve is doing better. John also says he hated lying to family. Paul seems to understand, but conveys his worry in the moment he heard the shot and his relief over realizing Will was alive. John realizes that Paul has feelings for Will. Paul admits he's not over Sonny, but he got through the crypt thing because of Will. At least something good came out of this, they muse.

At the Kmansion, Victor asks Maggie what she intends to do. Brady and Eve enter. Back and forth as the elder couple deflect their talk to Brady/Eve's relationship. Maggie asks for a moment alone with Brady and Victor, Eve offers to go check on Tate. Brady wants it spilled here. Eve is OK with leaving the room, okay with Maggie badmouthing her. She tells Maggie she's going in to this "whatever" with Brady with eyes wide open. She leaves; Maggie tells Brady she knows what they're doing with Eve. They try to deflect. Maggie reminds them of the Daniel mess, the Xander mess, all lies they've told. Maggie won't tell Eve, she wants Brady to do it. Maggie saw how Eve looked at Brady, and tells him how vulnerable Eve is. She thought he was better than this. Brady stomps out. Maggie leaves after telling Victor she still loves him, but has had it with him.

Chad enters his & Abby's bedroom, she's in bed. She never sleeps this late. She didn't have a nightmare, she reports to Chad. Alone, she reiterates this.

In Stefan0's bedroom, he takes out the urn lid and recalls his conversation with the bewigged Abby. This includes their talk about Abigail's mental history.

In the DiMansion study, Stefan0 enters as Chad is drinking coffee. Stefan0 asks about Abby, Chad deflects, Stefan0 pries about what happened last night. Chad tells him off, I know you want Abby, she doesn't want you. Big Zero flashes back to the wigged-out Abby kissing him. Abby enters, confirms that she'd never be interested in Stefan0 even if she weren't married. Chad takes Thomas a plate, Zero-boy wants to talk about last night and what happened between them. Blah blah as Abby talks about Doug's Place and Stefan0 talks about the encounter in his room without actually talking about it. She says he killed André, he says she did. He paid someone to dress up as Gabi and frame her. (She also mentions their talk about mental illness.) He can't back that up, so he leaves, Chad enters. Abby admits she blabbed their secret suspicions about Stefan0. She wants to go back at him more directly, Chad says no way. He gets a call and bolts. She has a blinding pain.

Upstairs, Eve is getting Tate ready for school, tells him that "great-grandma Maggie" is trash talking her downstairs. Later she is talking about her relationship with Tate's dad. Later, Brady enters, has sent Tate off to school, tells Eve that Maggie said he was a horrible person.

Out in the hallway, Lucas and Will have a talk. Lucas makes amends for not being there when Will was going through the battle between Susan and Sami. Back in the room, Kate and Billie talk about Kate's bad relationships and her son's (by the dialogue) bad track record. Lucas comes in, says he will pursue things with Chloe when she returns. Lucas (love his smile) says he loves having Billie around, but isn't she glad she's not sticking around?

Will comes upon John and Paul as they are finishing their talk (above), John apologizes to him. Will apologizes for thinking the worst of John, he should have trusted Marlena. Will tells John Billie's leaving tomorrow, so John zips off ("shoots over" is his poor choice of words) to see her. Will says the talk looked serious, Paul admits they were talking about Will, but won't tell him what they said, lest it swell his head.

John is visiting Billie, thanks for her help, etc. Kate seethes but John pretty much ignores her, says goodbye, leaves. Later, Billie and Kate have a brief chat as she gives condolences on the loss of André. Kate wants her kids happy, with the right people of course.

Downstairs at the Kmansion's front door, Maggie is packed and ready to leave. She's tired of forgiving Victor. She's lost count. She tells him that the trips and the romance are nice, but he loves his money and family and disapproving of their spouses/mates more than she can stand. Victor misses the point ("I can't believe you're leaving me over Eve,"). Maggie says this isn't the worst he's ever done, but it's the "straw that broke the camel's back." He claims he can't live without her.

Back in the DiMansion study, it's "time for Gabby to come out and play." She opens the secret door and leaves. Chad comes in looking for Abby. Stefan0 is undressing as Abby/Gabby (that's Abby dressed poorly as Gabi) barges in and makes complimentary statements.

Thanks for the episode review Jason.

One thing I didn't like was Kate "ripping" into John about Billie and dragging Billie into the situation. Umm, well Kate, first of all, John didn't drag your daughter into this mess. Billie participated and helped John. He didn't force her hand at all, so stop it. Take a few seats, and like what Michael Jordan said, "Stop it, get some help". I mean you were the one that in a way got Theo to go to that warehouse and look what happened, but I wish Billie had defended John.

Overall, another good episode.

The Abby/Gabby thing is interesting and it will make or break the character of Stefan. Will he take advantage of her mental issues and sleep with her as Gabby? That would be irredeemable. At this point, I don't think he will. He knows she is ill. I am still not a Abby/Chad fan. I thought they grew on me but not really.

I really like Kassie Depaiva (Eve) and I am thinking Brady really does care for her. Tate is so cute. Getting so big.

Lucas almost made me cry today with Will. And then I realized we haven't seen Adrienne in forever, have we?

Same with Maggie and Victor. They can't really break up. :cry:

I really don't remember Billie being in the ISA. While I guess it was nice to have Lisa Rinna (Billie) back, my favorite Billie was played by Krista Allen.

Thanks, Jason. Will Kate EVER keep her nose out of her children's lives? Loved the listing of all of Lucas's loves, every one Kate hated, now she is on his case about just the possibility of Chloe, and he has not even gone out yet.

Loved Lucas's apology to his son, over not being there for him when Sami was having his murder redone.

Did I mention Kate is overboard?

So, Maggie finally had enough and walked out on Victor. About time.

Get a kick out of armoire......is that the one Stefano used for his "queen of the night" saga with Marlena? Probably!

Thanks for the summary. I'm swooning over Paul admitting he cares for Will as more than a friend, and John realizing this. Their scenes (with Lucas added in) were probably the best in the entire show, and it's this storyline that excites me most. That said, Kate's incessant meddling has gotten old. Give her a real story! Have her leave town for a bit to mourn Andre, or something. Maybe she can go stay with Billie for a while and come back as a changed person. But I know that's hoping for too much.

I like Maggie & Victor as a couple, but totally get her frustration. For that matter, I'm frustrated at the whole Victor & Brady vs Eve thing. It's boring and played out. I can't believe Eve hasn't figured it out yet. The writers need to either end this storyline entirely or make it more interesting. Also, I think we need a break of the whole Stefan0 and Gabby/Abby situation. They're just hogging way too much airtime! I'd like Days to move onto something else for just a few weeks at least as a refresher.

What was absolutely out of line was Eve's entire conversation with Tate. That poor little kid had no idea what that woman was babbling about - a conversation she might have had with an older child or adult. Egads!

The problem with the Abby/Gabby storyline is that it came out of no where, with no hint or buildup, so hard to understand the sudden switch. And then today, she gets a headache, and bingo.....Gabi is back.

That would be irredeemable.
Not on Days. They could be the next "golden couple." Heck, a twitter account devoted to them already has 116 followers.
About time.
Hear, hear! I liked them for awhile (it was so unexpected at first) but I'm over Victor.
Maybe she can go stay with Billie for a while
I'd rather Billie stay and Kate go.

Lucas needs to be on MORE. Paul and Will need to make out, soon. And destroy the dim bulbs by having John and Steve hang out together, soon!!

What was absolutely out of line was Eve's entire conversation with Tate.
Absolutely!! I couldn't believe my ears! Outrageous.

I loved Maggie and Victor and was really rooting for them in the beginning, but I'm glad to see Maggie put her foot down and call "enough". Also, so glad to see Maggie have a storyline with more meat in it.

Oh, going back to what I said, yes, Billie did defend John to Kate and I am glad she did. As much as Kate may have a right to be angry at John for what happened to Will, John did not force Billie into this, so Kate should just be grateful and thankful that Billie is still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

I like Victor/Maggie too. I understand why Maggie left. I hope they can work things out.

Stefan was really pushing Abigail to remember about coming into his room as Gabby.
I wonder
if that triggered her to change?

Kate was being herself today as a nagging mom. Getting upset with Billie and her
job. Then Lucas and the wrong women he's dated.

I wonder what Brady is going to tell Eve? The truth about what he and Victor are
doing or something else.

Line of the day goes to Victor after Eve talked to Maggie and left the room "A
lady who has watched her stories one time too many"

If Sami was still in Salem, she'd be tearing her hair out by the handful. Not only is John facing no criminal charges after his one-man crime wave, but nobody even seems upset with him except Kate, whose harsh words just rolled off him like water off a duck's back. Of course, if Sami ripped into John, she'd be a total hypocrite because she suffered no repercussions after she shot her darling, changed EJ in the head while he was passed out drunk. Similarly, Kate is a hypocrite for ripping into John after having been a one-woman crime wave for years, who has always gotten away. with her foul deeds.
I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with this StefanNo nonsense. He's creeping to the max. He knows Abby has a history of mental illness and he's into it. GROSS.
Agree. For a supposedly hard-headed businessman, Stefan Zero has been acting as if he's got sawdust between his ears. He knows that he's got a homicidal schizophrenic woman in his house and it doesn't seem to bother him. Shouldn't he worry that "Gabby" will creep into his room one night and bash him in the head with one of Stefano's fine sculptures?

Back