Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 23, 2017

@DrBakerFan I fully expect Dario to change. There's been a lot of that going on in Salem, of late.

Have heard of some states wherein first cousins can legally marry, if they are beyond child bearing age.

Have Chad/Gabi ever consummated their friendship? I can't recall. May have blocked it out. If not, they have a surprising degree of emotional involvement. They must have been hit by the Italian "lightning bolt." :eek:

It looks as though JJ is, once again, going to be left girlfriend-less. I strongly recommend that he contact Roxanne, before some other dude snaps her up. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this episode was good, too. I know I have said that Chad and Abby belong together but I am beginning to enjoy the Abby/Dario interactions. Curious to see where this goes. I was also amazed at how few Hortons were at David's funeral.

Days often has the same bunch of characters involved in an episode (except when they don't and randomly add people who were not in any part of that day's show) But they could have structured the episode better to include more of the people you would expect to see at a relative's funeral. Lani? Really?

Could they not have done a cut-in scene with Shawn-D and Belle?

Not only that but the Claire/Ciara stuff would be a lot more powerful if Shawn were caught in the middle of it. That's how you make viewers care. Bonus points if Belle were involved too and they were forced to take sides. It's clear the show doesn't want have Hope get too close to Claire so Shawn fits the bill here.

Good episode but I think they could have used the same exact dialogue without killing off David. I still hope this gets reversed at some point.

I have no words for the show having Hope miss the funeral. Absurd.

Maybe the show felt that Hope, since she just got released from prison, would steal the thunder from Julie's remorse and sorrow. The episode was clearly meant to showcase the extraordinary talents of Susan Hayes (Julie). However, yes, I do agree that it was absolutely unbelievable that sister/daughter Hope was not there. This was her brother! No Lucas, Jen, either. Egads

I forgot the timing of it but I thought Kristian Alfonso's (Hope) father died late last year. Perhaps this was around the taping of this particular week.

Last edited:
Back