Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 4, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At his hotel, Mr Hamlin visits Deimos. He wants to rent him a super apartment, Deimos is suspicious of the fishy good deal. Turns out it was Ben's apartment. Deimos thinks this is perfect. Much later (in the episode), he has signed the lease, landlord leaves, and Deimos takes out pictures of Victor, Maggie, Caroline, Philip, Brady, and Justin.

At TBD, Belle is late for her drink with Philip, who thinks she was holding back something. She was with Shawn. Belle admits this, but claims just to talk about Claire. Belle is seeking out Philip because he's as messed up as she is, Philip thinks they're perfect for each other. Belle declares he's like a drug to her. Vegas was a break, trying to run from their problems, Belle points out Philip's troubles are worse than hers. He leans in, smooth talk, kiss. Later, they're making out in Philip's room. A bit later, they're canoodling afterwards, she gets a text from Claire, who's nervous about her audition. She considers going to her, Philip points out Eve's with her, and then Claire texts the same. Belle replies in support of Claire. Philip is reassuring her; the phone rings for Philip, Deimos wants to talk now. Belle reads his expression, Philip is desperate to get out from under Deimos' thumb.

At the Johnson House, Joey enters and has flashbacks (very trippy) to frenching Ava and then later walking in on Steve/Ava. When he comes down from his trip, he smashes a picture of Kayla/Steve. Later, Theo shows up, talking about Chase being the bully, Joey doesn't believe it. Not a good time. Later, he apologises to Theo, he's sorry, it's just a bad time. Theo sees the picture, Joey admits he broke it because he trusted someone he shouldn't have. Theo asks if his dad can help, is sorry that Joey's upset.

Kayla sleeps in the dungeon, dreaming of Steve rescuing her. (A few scenes like this, interspersed with Ava's sick obsession.) Finally the image disappears, Kayla awakens.

Ava and Steve are stranded in Maui, can't fly out. They're in a hotel or something. Steve wants Ava to hold up her end of the deal, call Joe and tell him where Kayla is. Ava keeps pushing, Steve keeps saying no, this isn't going to happen. She loves him, will wait as long as it takes. He figures out she's been lying about dying. She admits how she did it, claims all was for love, not like her father. He thinks the son is a lie, she claims that's the truth, like her love. She has stripped to a skimpy little black negligée, pushes him against a wall, says the only way to save Sweetness is to let this happen. Kissing, Steve does not appear to be enjoying it, but goes through with it. Afterwards, she wants to savour the moment, he wants to move on with their business. She calls Joey, says he needs to grow up, gives him Kayla's whereabouts.

Gabi and Paul are walking through the Square, Gabi doesn't like the unpredictable hours of modelling, thinks Ari needs a routine (though she admits it's better than the prison laundry, LOL). She wishes she had time for other things, some guy is watching them. Later, the guy comes over to Paul, whom he recognises as the "gay baseball player." The guy wonders what Paul was doing with that hot girl, whom he recognises from prison. The guy just can't get over it, Paul is sarcastic, tells him off, leaves.

At the police station, Lani is giving JJ advice for his police academy graduation. She remarks he's been noticed by people, including Roman, and he says he's worried about her. Later, JJ is entering the Horton House, Gabi runs up to him outside. Congratulates him for his upcoming academy graduation, he has a shoulder injury from his self-defence class. She rubs it, it feels good. After a bit, they pull apart, decide to get a frozen yogurt before either can say anything. In the Square, he admits he's worried about tripping at the graduation now. JJ leaves for a second, the Guy comes up and starts harassing Gabi, who remembers him. JJ returns, the Guy doesn't stop, moves in on Gabi. JJ grabs him, gets him in the cuff position. The Guy claims this is a mistake, he's a corrections officer. JJ's a cop, stalemate, the Guy leaves. Gabi worries that her past murder will never be behind her, JJ gives her a pep talk about moving forward. JJ thinks that this will happen more if she keeps modelling, but doesn't discourage her from modelling, offers to teach her self-defence right there in the bushy gated area. He teacher her a move, she does it wrong and they end up face-to-face. Smooch. They pull away, agree they're going to take things slow, no complications.

Alone, Belle digs through Philip's desk, finds pictures of a girl (looks like Melanie to my eye, but it isn't). Meanwhile, Deimos meets with Philip, and they talk about the serum again. Deimos thinks he's being played. Back at Phil's, Belle puts the pictures back in the envelope, writes a question mark on the envelope, and leaves it up for Philip to see. Back at Deimos's place, Deimos has a test for Philip, if he fails, he'll inform that "high-ranking Chicago cop" who's "extremely dirty and very vicious" about Phil's role in the cop's daughter's death. Phil wants to know what the test is.

In the dungeon, Kayla is passed out, Joey pounds outside, busts open a door, gives her a hug. She appears ok. In Maui, Ava tells Steve that she's going to get more from him, lest she tell Kayla what they did.

Get out your barf bags, folks, is all I can say. The sweetness of Kayla's rescue and the nice JJ/Gabi scenes are small game compared to the horror of most of the show. My opinion only.

As to Steve...what a dork. He needs to ice Ava, fly back to Salem, and fess up everything to Kayla. It's better now than later.

Oh, I am so angry right now, I don't even have words ! So I'll take yours, JasonDiSpeech : Yeah, Steve is a dork ! Oh, wait. I know, I found some other words : a total idiot, a disappointment, a pale copy of the Steve I used to love way back when. So, great job, writers, another character ruined. :angry: And to ruin Steve Johnson, wow ! That was not an easy task. So... Kudos ! :sarcasm:

Gabi and JJ : They are cute, I like them together. But the stupid, stupid guy hitting on Gabi, but not before insulting Paul, was a bit too much.

Belle and Philip : Sorry, fast forward material for me.

Deimos : Who knows, right now ? Let's see what happens.

But again, I can't say enough how disgusted I am by this Ava and Steve horrid storyline. Yeah, indeed, Steve, fess up, tell Kayla and accept it if she says what we've all been saying : You idiot, couldn't you call John, Roman, Abe, Hope, Rafe, anyone to help you find me ? You slept with the witch Ava instead ? Have a nice life, you dumb a.. !

Oh, one last thing, and not to get too technical, or not to go into too much details : I thought a man who was repulsed by a woman would have trouble "performing", let's just say. :sick::sick::sick::sick: How this came to happen is, in every way, a mystery to me. A very, very gross and repulsive mystery !

All right, rant over. Sorry. Carry on.

Since Ava is holding Kayla's life in her hands, so to speak, is not what Ava did to Steve rape? He didn't want to flap sheets with her, but he had to to get the information. I know that is a strong word and invokes many feelings, but if feelings and genders were reversed, it would be.

HORRID storyline. Can't repeat that enough, HORRID, HORRID, HORRID.

But Steve had Ava in handcuffs at one point. He could've dragged her to the police station. Heck, he could have gone to Victor to get some kind of truth serum. Anything, but having sex with Ava ! So no, in that case, it would not be rape. It's horrid, like you say, disgusting, but Steve really did have other options in my mind.

I had a really hard time not changing the channel today. JJ/Gabi and Kayla's rescue were the only things that kept me from it (and also from losing my lunch, thanks a lot, Patch). Seriously, I don't understand why THAT had to happen, why it couldn't just be one of those situations where it almost did.

And Belle, Belle, Belle. Snooping around in Philip's drawers, not even divorced from Shawn yet. What does it matter if he's got some pictures of another gal (who could be ANYONE), and why does it deserve an explanation, to HER of all people? She's the one cheating on her husband.

I am not looking forward to watching this later. Yuck!

Ava did tell him that if he went to the police she would never tell them where Kayla was. But I hadn't thought of the truth serum angle. They could have done that.

And I don't even know where to start with Belle. Who is this impostor? She certainly is not the same Belle that left years ago. She almost makes me miss her sister... I said almost. :)

I'm reasonably sure if calling Joey and getting her released was all that was needed, Steve could have dragged Ava to the cops and then they could have searched for her. Seriously dumb. Instead he flies to Maui and boinks her? Revolting.

I did like the Joey/Theo scene, too.

Remember when the writers told us they would "make us fall in love with Steve & Kayla all over again"? Yeah, me neither.

But I am hoping that the fact that we didn't see much leaves the door open for a retcon. C'mon writers...SURPRISE US!!!! PLEASE!!

I have to say I feel like I watched a different show then everyone else because I thought this a wonderful episode of "Gabi and JJ Forever and Ever :love::love::love::love:." (Yes in my world that's ALL that happened today.) When Gabi was massaging JJ's shoulder and in the park I could hear "Do you Feel the Love Tonight" from The Lion King playing in my head. Especially the opening verse sung by Timon: "I can see what's happening they don't have a clue." Yes I think Gabi and JJ are this generation's version of Simba and Nala.

When I first saw the spoiler about JJ coming to Gabi's rescue I had a feeling it may be connected to Gabi's time in prison. I'm glad that's not entirely being swept under the rug and we get to see she hasn't entirely gotten over it. I gotta say Camila Banus (Gabi) plays shattered so well. When she said to JJ "But you didn't kill anyone," I just wanted to give her a big ol' hug and a nice cup of cocoa. This is probably the end of it but the way the camera lingered after they walked out of the park kind of looked to me like they may have been being watched. That's probably just my imagination because as much as I love the slow build I am just anxious for them to get some meatier material. It doesn't even necessarily have to be front burner just pretty please writers with sugar on top give them more to do.

On another site I've seen people using the eye roll emoji over JJ graduating from the Police Academy already. But out of curiosity I googled just how much training in the Academy is required I found that actually varies from city to do city. With the average length of time being 19 weeks. So while there is still fudging going on the writers at least aren't being insanely unrealistic about it so kudos to them.

Oh I just remembered that Deimos had some scenes too and they weren't too bad so out of fairness I'll call this episode "Gabi and JJ Forever and Ever :love::love::love::love: featuring Deimos."

Last edited:
If I remember right, Lexie was a cop, who left the force and became a doctor in less than 3 mos. I think it took Melanie 4 weeks to become a nurse. Those Salem time zones come in handy at times. LOL Actually, when you think about how much time we have NOT seen JJ.....heck, sure, let him be a cop. Lani became a detective in less time.

I wonder if Steve and Ava will have grief sex if they can't find their child (or find out he's dead or doesn't even exist except in Ava's sick mind). Goodness, the writers may just be trying to recreate what some think is an actual super couple.

There are just no words that express how little I enjoy this show these days (when I waste time watching), but Poirot's "Pig, Pig" pretty much sums up how I feel about a lot of it (including writers, characters, and stories).

As Little Joey said to Theo today: "This is not a good time." Jason was right on target in his post above when he said it was serious barf bag time. Serious indeed. Today, the writers served up a quivering mass of repulsiveness, which was made all the worse because it was simply a variation on a plot that was used years ago. To cap it off, viewers were treated to the seriously psychopathic Ava saying "Everything I have done I have done for love." Really? If Andre watched Days, even he would have been disgusted, probably saying something like: "Oh, my, I'm so glad that Father didn't see this episode. He would have been horrified." Lost amidst the Steve-Ava nastiness were a few gems: Deimos moving into Ben's place (hopefully, he won't mind the neon lights outside), the news that the Salem P.D. teaches forensics (who knew?), the amazing revelation that persons traveling from the U.S. to Indonesia stop off in Maui (is Honolulu Airport closed?), and Philip's statement that "reality is overrated." Perhaps, when you're being blackmailed, that's true.

Steve is the biggest fool I've ever seen. Like others have said, there were other ways he could have gotten the info out of Ava other than having sex with her. So disgusting. I can't even express my disappointment here and don't even care to go on with my comments on the subject.

On to the bright spot for today...JJ and Gabi. I absolutely love these two. It seems like they're both a little timid about moving forward in a relationship given their pasts and recent heartbreaks but they just can't help falling in love with each other. It's so refreshing. I just wish we could see more of them than just once a week.

So, my guess is that Belle will continue this little fling with Philip for awhile and then she'll decide to get back with Shawn just in time to find out she's pregnant with Philip's baby. :fan:

Thanks Jason. At least, there weren't too many bed scenes with either couple.
And I thought woman in pictures was Melanie at first too.

Yippee, Kayla is rescued. Was she having a vision like her mom since Steve
faded away about the time.... well you know.

Does Philip live at the K mansion? I'm surprised Belle went there if he does.

i enjoyed JJ and Gabi.. I hope we see more of them than the some of the other
couples on the show.

Did anyone else think about winter storm Kayla where Steve and Ava was?
It wasn't snowing, but it was storming..maybe some foreshadowing with
Steve and Kayla for the future.

Steve is the biggest fool I've ever seen. Like others have said, there were other ways he could have gotten the info out of Ava other than having sex with her. So disgusting. I can't even express my disappointment here and don't even care to go on with my comments on the subject.

On to the bright spot for today...JJ and Gabi. I absolutely love these two. It seems like they're both a little timid about moving forward in a relationship given their pasts and recent heartbreaks but they just can't help falling in love with each other. It's so refreshing. I just wish we could see more of them than just once a week.

So, my guess is that Belle will continue this little fling with Philip for awhile and then she'll decide to get back with Shawn just in time to find out she's pregnant with Philip's baby. :fan:

Pretty much my sentiments exactly though I foresee a Who's the Daddy story for Belle. I could see her sleeping with Shawn too and the baby ending up being his. I need the real Belle back immediately because this is not her.

I too thought the girl in the photos was Melanie. Could it be? Phil was married to her and would Belle know who she is? Hey Belle, I think your brothers could use your help too.

I also liked Joey and Theo though didn't like Joey brushing Theo off.

LOVE JJ and Gabi but my only issue is she keeps talking about Ari yet we never see her. Let's see some scenes of the 3 of them.

Technical question: Why must the show use new photos all the time? It seems the photos in everyone's home are from a recent event and then we see multiple photos from the same event. In Hope's house the photos are from Bo's welcome home party. In Steve and Kayla's house, New Year's Eve. These are all legacy characters doesn't the show have old photos they can use as well?

Did anyone else catch on to the fact that Deimos' landlord mentioned that previous tenant Ben was a serial killer, but he did his murdering outside of the apartment. Uh, four months have passed and the Salem PD still did not figure out that Will was killed there even after it was revealed Ben was the killer?:angry:

The bright spot today was JJ and Gabi. They are the cutest couple and maybe the writers are finally going to focus on them and have things get more serious. Hopefully they will be on more frequently then they have been.

I'm glad Kayla was finally found, but I still say Steve should have found a better way to get her help. Or I wish Joey would have accepted Theo's offer and told Abe about Kayla being missing. That's all I'm going to say on that because Steve and Ava today were downright disgusting.

Another couple that can just leave are Philip and Belle. I am really tired of Belle and seriously I would almost rather have Carrie or Sami around, which is saying a lot because I cannot stand either one of them. If Philip gets away from Belle and tells Victor about Deimos, I might find him tolerable.

Back