Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 5, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
OK...the first half is "Poirot" style, with each story getting its own block. The second half is play-by-play due to its rapid nature (except for Eric & Serena's scenes).

Replay of Sonny in the park, urgently trying to get to the hotel. A hooded thug comes up behind him, covers his mouth, and stabs him.

Eric and Serena are talking in his apartment. She's arguing that they should stay there (insert flashback of Serena on the phone plotting to get into Eric's bedroom) while he wants to go to the lodge for some special time, admits she has a secret reason for wanting to stay there, that has to do with their time in Africa. Serena purports that she imagined them making love in Eric's apartment, surrounded by the artwork they collected, as it reminds her of their time together. Eric thinks this is romantic, but keeps pushing the Lodge, which Serena abruptly shoots down. After a break, she apologises, but he keeps trying to sell her on the lodge, even showing her the website (while she cranes her neck to see his bedroom). She changes tactics, saying she loves it, but it's too much. Where is the Serena Eric used to know, he wonders? (Second Half) Serena claims she's the same person she's always been. But Eric remembers Serena as being full of adventure, and was afraid the Ski weekend wouldn't be big enough for her. She apologises and he goes to get his bag; while he's gone, Serena gets a text that upsets her. Eric is ready to leave, but Serena tells him she has to go to work, that text was from her boss. Eric is suspicious, but believes her. She has waited so long to be here, again apologises for snapping, blames her edginess on Nicole, whom Eric has warned away. Serena says that she's sure Nicole will stay away after the last fiasco. Lots of embracing and reassurances, but Serena's eyes say her heart's not in it. Later, he is remembering a time with her in Africa, resolves to make new memories, while she is back in her hotel, reporting she was unable to make the switch. She knows they need to move quickly. She'll do whatever it takes to get it done.

Daniel and Melanie are going to watch one of the Jason Bourne movies, which he has apparently forced her to do numerous times. They talk about how Eric & Serena are getting closer thanks to Nicole's misadventure. He doesn't want her to mention his name again, then remembers he has to Skype with Parker. He heads to the back; Brady shows up. He wants to finish their date, and they joke about her shoes, then end up kissing. Behind them, Daniel clears his throat. His call with Parker was cancelled, Parker went to bed early. Brady gets a work call, and Melanie apologises to Daniel. Melanie tells Daniel that she told Brady they had plans. Brady comes back in, and Daniel wants to say something. Daniel tells Melanie and Brady he's going to get over himself and support them, and gives them his blessing. He tells them to go out, he needs solitude. As they're leaving, he gets the call about Sonny, and they rush to the hospital.

Lucas and Adrienne are talking about Justin and the hot attorney, who, in Lucas' opinion, can't be as sexy as the swindling Adrienne. He clasps her hand, and assures her he's not just putting her on, and slowly moves in for a kiss. Arianna cries in the next room; they are startled and they pull apart. Lucas rushes to get her, Adrienne wonders what the hell she is doing. Later, Lucas comes out and Adrienne tries to scurry off, claiming she has overdue library books. Lucas says he likes their time together with Ari, and hopes he didn't ruin that. Lucas tells Adrienne she's amazing, and she deserves to hear that, although he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable (and he's not just saying it to make her feel better). They are interrupted by a call from Maggie, who tells Adrienne to rush to the hospital. Lucas tries to call Will, whose phone is off.

Will asks the teary Paul what he thinks of the article. Paul thinks it's good despite Will's failing to mention that Paul decided to come out because they slept together. Will thinks Paul's reasons for coming out go beyond "what happened between" them. Will wonders if it's too much to include Paul's ex's proposal. (Insert flashback or Sonny proposing to Paul, in bed.) Later, Will has sent the article off, it will be online tomorrow. Paul is uncomfortable, nervous. He wants to share champagne with Will, since this may be the last time they see each other. They toast to the article, and the start of a bright new future, which Paul is sure will win Will tons of awards, and accolades from Will's husband. Will doesn't know what he'd do without Sonny.

Victor stops a business call to visit with Maggie, admitting he's been distracted after his argument with Sonny. Cut to Sonny, struggling and losing consciousness in the arms of his attacker. Victor laments buying "Edge of the Square," where business is gangbusters, and draining business from Sonny's club. They decide to go looking for Sonny, whose body is being dragged by his attacker, who then swipes Sonny's jewelry and wallet before flipping him over and dabbing something in his wound. The thug flees when Maggie and Victor wander in, with Maggie assuring Vic that Sonny will forgive him. Sonny's behind a pedestal, so they don't see him. Victor stops, deciding that if there is a personal matter between Sonny and Will, showing up at their door is a bad idea. He's not sure Sonny will take his call, either, though Maggie continues to be reassuring. They turn and leave, never passing Sonny. Again they stop, with Maggie trying to convince Victor to at least call Sonny if he won't go to him. Thankfully the thug didn't swipe Sonny's phone, and its ring leads them to his body. Maggie detects a pulse and Victor dials 911. The paramedics collect Sonny, while Roman asks Maggie for details, of course she doesn't know anything, they just found him because of the phone. Victor reports that they were talking 10 minutes ago, so the stabbing had to happen after that time. (Abe is in the background as well.)

Paul tells Will he'll be leaving Salem in a week. As Will leaves, shot of his phone, not ringing.

Second Half
At the hospital, Kayla is briefed about Sonny as he's rolled in on the medic cart. He's taken to a room, Maxine worries that their blood supply is short because of a recent bus accident. Kayla knows Sonny's type, it's O-, of which they don't have much. Daniel arrives, gets briefed and rushes to scrub up. Brady hugs Victor.

At the hotel, Will comes back in for his phone, promises to tell Paul if he hears anything about the article. Outside, Will wonders why he has so many texts, reads the first one and rushes to the hospital.

Maggie saved Sonny's life by stopping the bleeding, per the paramedics. Melanie wonders who would do this. Maxine asks if anyone is O-.

Paul gets a call, yes he's still in town, sure he can come to the hospital.

Adrienne comes in, Maggie tells her Sonny's in surgery and they're doing all they can. [Apologies if anything is missed, my affiliate froze here for about 2 minutes.]
Abe in the hospital, and Roman (at the scene) are discussing the case. Cocaine residue at the point of entry, another drug related death, like EJ DiMera. Wallet, watch, wedding band missing. Victor and Maggie enter, Victor balks at the idea that his nephew would touch drugs, that wasn't what Abe meant. The drugs link to the attacker, not to Sonny.

Adrienne is calling Justin, gets his voicemail, tearfully relays that Sonny was stabbed, begs him to just call her as soon as he gets the message.

Victor knows Clyde is behind this attack, vowing he'd kill Clyde if he hadn't already done it. Brady comes in, Victor asks how some lowlife drug addict could do this, then apologises.

Back outside, Lucas has arrived, asks how Sonny is doing. She relays that he was stabbed and she breaks down; she can't lose her son. Lucas puts his arms around her.

Paul comes into an exam room, Maxine thanks him for coming so quickly, he's the only O- donor she could think of, again explains about the bus accident. Paul says he had wine, she promises him an extra cookie.

Will rushes in, asks Lucas (whom Will was unable to call back because Lucas' phone battery died) & Adrienne about Arianna, she's fine, with a sitter...it's Sonny. He was stabbed.

In surgery, Daniel can't find the source of the wound, needs more O- blood.

Lucas asks Adrienne when Justin's coming back; Adrienne laments that Sonny may die before Justin knows he's hurt.

Melanie wonders if they'll need another nurse in the OR, hates waiting. Brady hugs her, thanks her for being here, it means a lot to Maggie & Victor. Maggie enters looking for Victor...they thought Vic was with her.

In the hospital chapel, Will is praying. He knows he betrayed Sonny in the worst possible way, but he still loves him. He doesn't know what he'd do without him. Arianna needs him, too, if she ever wants to do anything fun (like skydive). Sonny's not afraid of anything, and he never breaks a promise. Please, let him live, implores Will. Vic puts his hand on Will's shoulder.

In the OR, Sonny's pulse is dropping, they need more blood. Split screen on Maxine & Paul, Maxine rushes the blood out for processing, Paul wants to give more, even though it's not recommended. Another split screen with Victor hugging Will, and another with Lucas & Adrienne, while Daniel begs Sonny to stay with us. (Really nice shot at the end.)

My thoughts:

Eric and Serena's scenes could not have been more boring. They really shouldn't have been part of the second half.

Really great scenes with Lucas & Adrienne, and cops being cops, and Maxine being a nurse. Loved it. The second half was very well-done. I don't have much fear for Sonny's survival, but the scenes were still great anyway.

I could have done without Melanie, but I did enjoy her scene with Daniel, prior to Brady showing up. This episode proves this show can really deliver when it needs to...I thought poor Sonny would be lying there a lot longer!!

It would appear that Victor did not hear about Will's betrayal...or did he??

Back to Will's article, ONLY IN SALEM could it win any awards...LOL

But they don't know Paul is gay, he has only recently come out to his Mom. And this blood shortage? While those happen often, really, because of a bus accident?? Really??? Then why was Daniel laying around the house watching a movie??? Wouldn't the ONLY doctor in Salem be needed to save the lives of those injured and sucking down the blood supply???

Thanks Jason for the summary.

Since when does Logic apply in Salem? LOL...besides, Paul is not openly gay. Only openly gay men cannot donate blood.

On another note...what the heck was in that vial that the attacker dripped into Sonny's wound?? Your theories...my guess would be some sort of blood thinner or something, to worsen the blood loss. Or was it just cocaine juice (?) to alert Victor?

Jason, I won't see this till tonight, but I'm going to guess whatever the product is that Clyde produces is that magical illegal drug that apparently Victor deals in, too.

On another note, as a routine B- blood donor, every 8 weeks, there are limited folks who can get my blood, but I can receive type O either Positive or Negative, if I need it. O is the universal type, so they don't need 1 specific person, any ole body with type O would do. But again this would require that there be research done and it wouldn't necessarily fit da plot.

O negative people can donate to anyone as a universal donor, but they themselves can only receive O negative.

http://www.md-health.com/O-Negative-Blood-Group.html
People with O-negative blood group can only receive O-negative blood. Therefore, occasionally it might be difficult to find O-negative blood for transfusing an O-negative person.

Thanks for the summary, JasonD. I agree with your points--Eric & Serena are boring, and didn't need to be in this episode.

Everything else was good. So touching. Although I don't like Adrienne & Lucas having feelings for each other, at least they have more airtime. The episode was really good. Can't wait for tomorrow's.

As I was watching the show today I remembered how Adrienne was so caught up in Will's family being dangerous. How could she not have thought about Victor and his past becoming a threat to Sonny or Will. I was only interested in the Sonny story today and the rest was only fillers in my opinion and not needed.

Thanks Jason for the summary.

O negative people can donate to anyone as a universal donor, but they themselves can only receive O negative.

http://www.md-health.com/O-Negative-Blood-Group.html
People with O-negative blood group can only receive O-negative blood. Therefore, occasionally it might be difficult to find O-negative blood for transfusing an O-negative person.

:OT: Thanks; I guess I've always misread that chart that has O going to all blood types including O-. :back:

Thanks for letting me learn something today and shockingly enough it was from Days. Oy
.:)

I think you are being serious with your question. Being gay, straight, green or purple doesn't matter as a blood donor as long as the person passes all of the health history questions and the on site mini physical of blood pressure, etc.
There are bans on openly gay men donating blood.

It's recently been talked about in the news as the FDA considers lifting the ban.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/gay-men-react-blood-ban_n_6395780.html

http://cbs4local.com/news/features/...-gays-donating-blood-62255.shtml#.VNPTA53F_bM

I am wondering if Serena is married or prefers women? Even with Eric flashing his "unbuttoned John Travolta Saturday night fever" chest hair :rotfl: , she was so not into him and looked like she would say anything to get out of sleeping with him.

When the stabber opened that vial and wiped it on Sonny, my first thought was that it was something to slow the bleeding so that Sonny did not die. Now I am thinking it was a signal to Victor, to let him know it was payback.

So.....does Brady know Victor deals or sells or whatever it is he does with drugs? From the look they gave each other today when Abe said something about buying drugs, it sure looks like Brady knows. Kudos to the actor that plays Sonny. When he was screaming from getting stabbed, it really sounded like he was in pain.

I think you are being serious with your question. Being gay, straight, green or purple doesn't matter as a blood donor as long as the person passes all of the health history questions and the on site mini physical of blood pressure, etc.

The FDA and the Red Cross do not allow "men who have sex with men" to donate blood. This is part of the standard questionnaire when you attempt to donate. (The current ban is no longer lifetime per the FDA, but only for men who had sex with another man within the last year.)

I don't know how this would apply in an emergency situation, but of course, it's Salem, so real-world logic doesn't matter. Perhaps tomorrow Maxine will ask Paul some of the physical questions and we will be surprised. (After all, they did do some research on the blood type thing!!)

My relative and his partner donate, and they are openly gay.

I'd be interested in knowing how they do this. The only way (around here at least) to accomplish this is to lie when asked.

Does the ban actually apply to lesbians too? Or just gay men? It would really suck if Paul somehow gets repercussions for donating blood just because of his sexuality because it's just not fair. He was only saving a life.

Back