Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 5, 2015

I've been away all week and just binge watched the entire week so far. So, many things getting fast forwarded in the interest of time.

I have an issue with the fact that the show left a cliffhanger with Hope and Aiden on Tuesday and we haven't seen them since. I'm guessing tomorrow's episode will still be the same Salem day so we could see them again but it just doesn't pace well. If you're building up a storyline, you don't suddenly stop airing the characters for 2 days.

The issue with Serena and Eric is there is no movement. We know Serena has a safe, we know she has papers in it, we know she has an elephant in it and she is working with or for someone. It's time to reveal the next layer of this story. We keep seeing the same stuff repeatedly. Just like with Eve/JJ/Paige. I was disappointed in Eric too but he's not unlike other clueless males in Salem. I'm looking at you Austin Reed.

I'm not yet at a point where I can stomach Lucas and Adrienne as a couple. So I FF their scenes other than the hospital ones. I also FF Melanie/Brady.

I am curious to see where the storyline goes next with Sonny/Will/Paul. Very well done the past couple days.

Maggie had on jeans and no ruffles!

Why wasn't Rafe called to babysit Arianna? He wasn't even mentioned. Plus it's now Thursday and I don't recall seeing him at all this week. :angry:

I've read everyone's comments about blood donations. What if Paul's blood is turned away tomorrow and Justin is the only match in the family?

I'd be interested in knowing how they do this. The only way (around here at least) to accomplish this is to lie when asked.

There would be serious criminal exposure, if someone lied about this, if the patient subsequently was harmed. "Three squares, and a cot" time.

Re the substance introduced into Sonny's wound, there would be no need to do it to ensure his death; the attacker could have simply stabbed, or cut, him a few more times. My vote is for something to aid Sonny's survival, but nothing really makes sense, as yet.

Victor will be extremely vengeful; I don't think Maggie will be very happy with him... probabably a deal-breaker.

Re the substance introduced into Sonny's wound, there would be no need to do it to ensure his death; the attacker could have simply stabbed, or cut, him a few more times. My vote is for something to aid Sonny's survival, but nothing really makes sense, as yet.
It was done so that the doctors and police thought Sonny was stabbed by a random druggie, looking for drug money (or items to sell to get drug money). But it was also done to tip off Victor that it was in retaliation of the drug war he's having with Clyde.

Maybe the SPD thinks the attacker could have previously used his knife to sample a package of "product," and then neglected to wipe off the knife before using it on Sonny. I hope it all plays out reasonably.

Days has not been able to write something for Adrienne to show what a great actress she is, and today, it really showed. She, at different times, was happy, sad, worried, tearful, exasperated, frightened, tempted, exasperated, so very scared.
And Lucas....the same. He was joking, serious, yes, caught up in a moment, then embarassed, scared, frustrated, consoling, and really, was being a good friend. Yayyy for them both.
I concur. It's a shame that Days hasn't focused on characters like Adrienne and Lucas in the last few years. It's not like they haven't been around. I'm really happy that finally (at least for now) it seems the tide has changed. I really do feel that Lucas felt a mix of both real genuine feelings developing for Adrienne and talking her up to make her feel better about herself. Even he noticed that the lean in to kiss her might have been a little too much too soon, he backed off and when Adrienne was going to high tail out of the apartment, he stepped up and hoped that he hadn't screwed anything up, as he enjoys their company...he was honest enough that when she again asked if he was just doing it to make her feel better, he said it was more than that.....their honesty if REFRESHING!

I think they can work and I'm not focusing on the age difference the characters might have because it's not as glaring as with Eve and JJ for example. In real life, Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) is 43, while Judi Evans (Adrienne) is 50. Hardly a huge gap...I understand people tend to focus on the fact that by the time that Lucas appeared on Days in 1993, Adrienne was already an adult, but let's say she was in her early to mid 20s...it's still only a 10 year gap as Lucas appeared on Days in his mid to late teens.

Back