Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 8, 2018

Yes, she was, but didn't JJ ask her what her reservations were? I mean, Abe was hesitant about giving blessing, JJ thought he was still mad about Theo. He said no, he forgave JJ, meant it. Then what is it, says JJ. Abe looks at Val, and she responds it is her. They had just been talking about the possibility and she mentioned a couple things. So, JJ then says, no offense, what is it then? (to Val)

Did JJ ask for her advice or is Valerie butting in again? (Yes, we know she knows about the baby's true paternity, but Abe and JJ don't.)
I felt this deserved its own post. Valerie and Abe kept exchanging looks while JJ was gassing on and on. He finally asked what they thought, she piped in she had reservations. Then JJ asked her why.

I personally wouldn't consider that butting in, but I am completely disgusted by JJ, Lani, and Abe in this story.

Last edited:
but now it's exposed as an essentially criminal organization. Murdering American citizens
Someone on twitter posted a flashback to 1986, when they did the exact same thing. I'm sick of the ISA and sick of this story. Especially the ham-fisted way they keep laying on thick how John and Steve are BFFs.
Lani, JJ, & Eli: Lying, weeping Lani had better come clean soon.
6KuadoJ.jpg
I can make her talk.
Because the way it came out it, sounded like Ciara's mom and and Claire's grandmother were getting married. LOL

LOL I thought this too. I'd have preferred she say, "Grandma Hope's wedding."

I think this is another good juncture at which to point out that Lani has no proof of what Val did. Because it suits DA PLOT, Valerie did not need to log in to a computer or anything like we would see at a REAL hospital/clinic. She just opened a paper file, looked at it, and put it away. If Lani tried to expose her for that, she would have nothing to stand on.
I'm curious why are you disgusted by Abe
All this gassing on about being old-fashioned. It seems like it comes out of nowhere. Because it does. It's just another helping of thick irony that we're supposed to think is clever. Perhaps I'd hate it less if it didn't follow on his vitriolic rage-fits during the Theo debacle.

(Not to mention that in an "old-fashioned" sense, he wouldn't acknowledge his illegitimate daughter at all. And he would have no standing to give his blessing on her marriage.)

Thanks, Jason. I hope you feel better soon.

I laughed when Claire was talking to Tripp about Ciara's secret. He
said it wasn't cool to eavesdrop. Claire said she wasn't hiding behind
a plant. She was only coming in.

And during today's show we saw two peepers not doing a good job
of peeping.

Why does the ISA want Steve dead? And why is John doing the deed?
And how long will it take for us to find out? I hope it's soon.

The ISA: This is one truly sick organization. In the past, it's been shown to be the inept proprietor of highly unsafe safe houses, but now it's exposed as an essentially criminal organization. Murdering American citizens on American soil is as far out of bounds as any government organization can go

If you happen to watch Scandal, the ISA reminds me of B613!! :rolleyes:

1 - the return of "That's a fact"

2 - Claire, do you not understand what a secret is, and that secret-keepers are not supposed to share that information? Clearly, you do not and Tripp (nor should anyone else you've ever asked that to) should not trust you. Also, anyone you've ever said "this is totally a secret that [someone] told me" shouldn't trust you either.

3 - What the blankety-blank-blank is up with this kindergarten-style "We were friends first" thing with Claire. Seriously, GROW UP.

4 - I agree with DDDrama that the ISA is just like B613, at least in this incarnation it is. B613 is more like a kill squad than anything else. Although, I'm thinking that the ISA is more like The Agency in Alias, without the Rambaldi device but, hey, we had Stefano.

5 - Who's the Daddy has to end, and I'd like to see it end with Eli being the one telling JJ in front of Lani in some big explosive fight that harkens back to the days of Dynasty with Alexis and Krystal.

(The most noteworthy thing about this is Claire says "[Ciara]'s mom and my grandma's wedding" which Tripp is attending as a plus one.) She is needy, doesn't want to lose his friendship. Later, they talk about her "uncle Brady" and Eve who want her to enter a contest for models to re-launch Bella magazine. She thinks she's a shoo-in and not just because her "pop pop" owns the Company. (I would pay $10 to hear her call Victor that, LOL.)

The writers seemed to be working overtime in this episode to explain that Claire is actually related to people in Salem. Too bad we rarely see her interacting with any of them. There was an episode in 2016 where she and Ciara were at the KMansion and she called Victor "Pop-Pop".

The baby stuff dragged in this episode. And no JJ, you don't need to marry Lani to give the baby your name.

Ironic and annoying to hear Abe, father of 2 out of wedlock, talking about marriage.

There was an episode in 2016 where she and Ciara were at the KMansion and she called Victor "Pop-Pop".
I remembered the episode (something about Ciara's trust fund) but not the line. Thanks Heather.
Ironic and annoying to hear Abe, father of 2 out of wedlock, talking about marriage.
I'm glad someone else hears me on this one.

Would really like to understand when Abe became so self-righteous. He had an affair with a married woman when he was a beat cop, (Hello Brandon), and then there was Tamara Price (Hi, Lani). While a policeman, he shot 2 different people, but would have had JJ shot by a firing squad if he could have. His current girlfriend had a son that she kept from the father, never telling him. His late wife was the illegitimate child of Celeste & Stefano, was booted off the police force, thus becoming a doctor later on. And while married to Abe, Lexie did a bit of cheating as well.

Just noting that Abe's life & family are not all saints, so when did he become as sanctimonius as he is appearing to be of late.

That's exactly my problem with this. (I completely forgot about the Theo/Claire thing.) It's fake and out-of-character drama for pure grist. Jason no like!!!

All that time I wanted Abe to have story - and this is what we get? Boy Ron Carlivati (head writer) is like that Monkey's Paw. You get what you asked for...but.... LOL

Back