Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 9, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Chloe is walking through the square with Holly; Anne comes up, the catch up, reminiscing about the time that they schemed to break up Jennifer/Daniel. Chloe plays like Holly's hers; Brady appears, sets things straight. Anne shuffles off; Chloe has nothing to say to Brady, who reminds her that this is not her baby, and she'll be heartbroken when Nicole wins custody. Chloe slams Nicole, Chloe's no saint but she's a good mother. Chloe feels Nicole lied to her about Deimos, will spend her whole life jetting around with him.

At the Kmansion, Deimos is on the phone with the thug who roughed up Chad. It's okay this time, don't do it again. Nicole comes in; he's glad she's here. He shows her plans for a nursery; Nicole reminds him she's on the fence about marrying him and living in the Kmansion. They talk about her losing Sydney, how much they both want children. He wants to convince her, will do anything. He convinces her to check out the room he's picked for the nursery, then makes a call to the Judge in the custody case.

In Prague, Stefano has been booked and had his DNA collected. (Shawn-D is told via telephone, he wishes he could tell his mom.) Everyone thinks this is super (Rafe, Sonny, Paul, Steve, Kayla, Marlena, and Austin are there) since now Hope will be free. (Austin actually calls this a "get out of jail free card".) Paul wants to call John; Marlena seems to pause, she wants to talk to Stefano, get closure. Steve steps aside so she may do this, Anna enters, tells her to take a number. Family comes first.

Later, Roman is being updated via phone. They can't call off the manhunt but Roman will "pull rank" on Raines and rescind the "excessive force order." Aside, Marlena tells Kayla why she let Anna go first; Marlena didn't want a scene and a few more minutes wouldn't make a difference; Kayla doesn't care if she ever sees Stefano again. Carrie tells Paul John would be proud of him.

In the cell, Anna waves the urn at Stefano, who laughs at her. She's mad that Stefano came between them so often. Anna names some of Stefano's dead kids (Lexie, Tony, Kristen, EJ). Later, she emerges (Austin talks about Stefano's bank accounts, blah blah), has her closure. Telling him off and seeing him in the cell was more satisfying than killing him. Marlena is in the cell room, gloating about all the happy things his victims will do while he's in prison.

At an outdoor café, Sonny tells Paul he's heading home to support his mom. They talk about Paul's career as a PI, how Paul makes a difference in people's lives. Sonny laments that he doesn't, worries he's opened a can of worms with the Dario/Eduardo investigation. Sonny gives Paul a vinyl 45 of the song that played tonight. They kiss.

At the Pub, Shawn-D is talking on the phone to "Grandma Julie," assures her that Hope's struggle is over. Chloe has entered, great news about Stefano, wants to talk about the case if she's not interrupting. Shawn-D is not on Chloe's side, even though they go way back. Chloe states her case, Shawn-D sees her point; Belle reminds her that they have an uphill battle but a good shot at winning. They're all still friends. Shawn-D does not think this will end well, though he has confidence in Belle's abilities.

At the Kmansion, Nicole likes the room. Brady enters, is upset about Nicole being there. Deimos vows no more violence, because of Nicole. He leaves; Brady scolds her despite the fact that she is not back together with Deimos. He does support her, thinks she'll win, this time next year, they'll be here with Holly & Tate under the same roof. They share a friendly hug; Deimos enters, scowls, leaves.

Carrie and Austin learn that Steve & Kayla will remarry on Valentine's Day, accept a wedding invite. In the cell room, Rafe tells Stefano it's over, he (and Sami, Hope, Marlena, etc) won. (Stefano says nothing through all these scenes.) Carrie and Austin are headed to Zurich, will be at the wedding, Anna will come to Salem with them (though initially she's not invited, Kayla says she's welcome to the Wedding) because she and Tony have to see someone.

Marlena tells John (on the phone) that Stefano is in jail, their nightmare is over. Later, she's sitting with the group while Paul and Steve do paperwork. They fret slightly about Stefano possibly fighting extradition. No, they've got him, they'll get him back and all will be well.

Steve, Paul, and a cop head to the cell room. Stefano is gone. "He did it again," Steve laments.

This placard appears before the production tag:
In loving memory of Joseph Peter Mascolo, 1929-2016. Good night sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

I am so disappointed that Stefano did not utter one word. While it was nice to see him now, it is very sad to know that we truly will never see him again. I will miss Stefano. Loved to hate him. That's why I was hoping for a Stefano long lost relative.

And still when talking about Hope's get out of jail free card, no one even mentions the fact that there was a body that she and Rafe disposed of? They took DNA! Are they that inept that they don't know it's not a real body? This part is just driving me crazy. I am so very glad that Stefano escaped again though. But how will they handle it in the future? Will they kill Stefano off screen sometime. Should be interesting.

I guess they could say Stefano was wearing a bulletproof vest with blood packs. They dragged him down to the building (while he had maybe taken some herb or medication to appear dead), then he had his minions rescue him and replace his body with some "John Doe" from a morgue somewhere.

As to the future of Stefano, I bet he'll just always be a constant threat to the Salemites who never know where he is or what he's up to. They'll always be looking over their shoulders.

That placard at the end got me. Especially when the quote popped up. The way it aired, first they showed the dates and then added the quote.

I'm glad they told us initially that Stefano wouldn't speak. So I expected that. Glad we got to hear the signature cackle though. I was frustrated that he was clearly not in the same room as the other actors. We got no wide shots, just shots of him and then each visitor and so forth. I wonder if they did this during a dark week? Also, it seemed some of the camera shots of him were repeated. Especially with Anna and Rafe.

Other than that, glad we got to say good-bye. I was still hoping for better closure but maybe better writing can make it seem like him being on the run can drive story.

VERY happy that Rafe mentioned Sami first. I also thought Marlena mentioned Sami and Rafe and their children but it could have been Hope she mentioned. I'll need to rewatch that. I do think that Marlena saying Checkmate should have been the final scene with Joe Mascolo (Stefano). That could have been the end of the show and they could have picked up tomorrow discovering he was missing.

We got Brady/Chloe, Belle/Shawn and Carrie/Austin today. More of all this please. And less of Nicole/Deimos. Big difference. And LOL at Anna inviting herself to the wedding.

Sonny and Paul are growing on me as well. It doesn't seem as forced as it did a couple weeks ago.

Godspeed Joe Mascolo (Stefano).

I wish the writers would've also had Anna mention Renee, Megan and Benjy among Stefano's deceased children.

Wonder how Ken Corday's behind is healing after his pants caught fire? You know, "liar, liar, pants on fire", for the whole "the dead will remain dead" bit. Now we have seen Aiden and Stefano both resurrected from the grave.

BurnAidPkts_44501.jpg

it's too bad that the late, great Joseph Mascolo as Stefano didn't get the chance to fire back at those gloating over what turned out to be his very temporary downfall.

Rafe: Now Hope can go free!!
Stefano: Hernandez, you idiot. Haven't you ever heard of attempted murder?

Anna: Blah, blah, blah.
Stefano: Go wave that urn at Philip Kiriakis. It was that fool who caused Tony to fall on a shard of wood.

Other conversations that might have been been amusing.

Deimos: I will never again order that anyone be hurt.
Victor: What will you do for fun?
Deimos: Well, I can always hold people captive.

Belle: This is a tough case, but we have a chance.
Justin: You haven't the chance of an icicle in hell.
Belle: We'll just wait to see what the judge says.
Justin: You won't like the answer unless you can pay him more than Deimos.

Steve & Paul: OMG, he's gone!!
Prague cop; Of course he's gone. We let him go. Mr. DiMera wasn't wanted for anything in the Czech Republic and in our country being shot three times and surviving isn't a crime.

Finally, thanks to Jason for today's summary. I only saw the second half on Cozi after realizing that Days was being prempted for all-snow-all-the-time.

This is one show that I will keep on my DVR. I am glad that Carl was outside, because he would have teased me a bit, about the tears in my eyes.

Thank you Days for the last goodbye to this wonderful actor.

Very fitting that he "escaped" justice as his final curtain call.

RIP Joe Mascolo (Stefano)

Last edited by a moderator:
So....the Prague cop slides the cell door open without stopping to unlock it, meaning it WAS unlocked. No wonder Stefano got out so easily.

From what I understand, the Stefano/cell scenes were filmed around the same time that the 3 convicts in cells was fillmed. Thus the cell set was ready and able to be used. I am thinking that perhaps, at the time, there was no script written or ready, so, Stefano did a lot of "reacting", thus not a word from him. And he did not move around at all, either. The actor, in real life, WAS using a wheel chair.

Some folks said there was to be a short video tribute to Joe Mascolo (Stefano), by members of the cast.
I did not see it at the end of the show today, and even sat thru credits and commercial, thinking maybe it would come just a minute or two later. Nope.

However, I had seen it online already, just wonder why NBC did not run it, only a minute or so long.

Lost in all the Stefano stuff today, first scene between Brandon Beemer (Shawn) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) since their real life break-up.

edited to add characters' names - please remember not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Usually by 4 p.m. central time, the show is over, in the U.S. I think they may wait, tho til 5 p.m. Central, before putting it up.

Back