Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 21, 2016

I'm glad others noticed the picture. I thought that was Jason Cook (Shawn) in the background.
When picture was shown before he left, I knew I should keep looking for it. It would be nice
if they kept it even though there is a different actor playing Shawn

Screencap Jason.jpg

LOL, Hey, there were preview pictures on the NBC site itself some weeks ago, mentioning new Philip coming to town, but the pic was of previous Philip (Jay Kenneth Johnson).
To tell the truth, (and this is just MY opinion), if I was Jason Cook, and they tried to get me back again, I'd tell them to go fry an egg, after the way he was treated, so many of his scenes cut, etc. He is very busy, but made sure he shuffled things so he could give Days the filming time for the 50th, and Bo's return, and then ended up mostly on the cutting room floor. Not good.

I AM glad we are seeing parent/child bonding scenes. Family time. However, I am not holding out much hope for JJ/Gabi. I was under the impression she is not back for very long, yes, I could be wrong. But after being in major story for so long, we sure don't see much of JJ any more, do we. He has become background filler. Yes, it is his turn for the back burner, I know, I know. LOL

KT, I wonder how much longer we will have to wait until we get to see Mother Hernandez? We Spectators would be more than happy to offer advice re her casting. :rolleyes:

That American Sign Language sign for "I love you" sounds like the one used by Italians to ward off the "evil eye." :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, Hey, there were preview pictures on the NBC site itself some weeks ago, mentioning new Philip coming to town, but the pic was of previous Philip (Jay Kenneth Johnson).
To tell the truth, (and this is just MY opinion), if I was Jason Cook, (Shawn) and they tried to get me back again, I'd tell them to go fry an egg, after the way he was treated, so many of his scenes cut, etc. He is very busy, but made sure he shuffled things so he could give Days the filming time for the 50th, and Bo's return, and then ended up mostly on the cutting room floor. Not good.

I AM glad we are seeing parent/child bonding scenes. Family time. However, I am not holding out much hope for JJ/Gabi. I was under the impression she is not back for very long, yes, I could be wrong. But after being in major story for so long, we sure don't see much of JJ any more, do we. He has become background filler. Yes, it is his turn for the back burner, I know, I know. LOL

In the Ken Corday interview with SOD a few weeks ago, he said Jason Cook (Shawn) really struggled with whether to sign a long term Days deal or do his movie stuff. He wanted to do both but couldn't make it work.

Gabi is not so short term but I won't mention timing since this is not a spoiler thread.

What's interesting to me about the photos is initially that photo had Peter Reckell (Bo) in it as well. Now it's just Hope and the kids. I too was wondering how long it would take the show to replace the photo with one of Brandon Beemer (Shawn). On a side note, there should also be photos of Chase and Claire. It surely can't be too hard for them to whip out a wedding photo of Shawn and Belle too.

this is the sign language image for the word "love"

i_love_you.jpg

Back