Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 13, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Martin house, Abby is having breakfast, Dario suggests he join (he's about to go out for run) and tries to kiss her. She rejects him. Jennifer comes in, invites Dario to breakfast, but Dario refuses and splits. Jenn lays on the line that she hates Abby's sleazy marriage to Dario, which is completely illegal. She wants Abby to end it before something goes horribly wrong. Jennifer can see that Abby is hurting.

At the hospital, Kayla and Steve give Tripp a pack of MCAT study guides. He is thankful but says he's not sure he wants to be a doctor. Steve and Kayla pep talk him, he decides to keep going. Steve leaves to fix Joe's icemaker. Tripp and Kayla are about to go on rounds, but are stopped by Scott Mitchell, chairman of the board. He suspends Kayla because a review of the past two months of patients found an error in Warren Sherman's morphine dosage, which may have contributed to his death.

At TBD, Eric meets with Jade. She's been mulling his statements about not making Joey or any man the centre of her universe. She has decided it's time to move on. Eric discusses that while that is in her head, her heart may not be ready, so she must channel that energy to something else. She will spend the summer with her mom, cleaning out her Nana's house. (Nana just died, was a force of nature, loved Jade unconditionally.) Eric thinks this is a good idea, people deserve a second chance.

Nicole is talking on the phone with Ms Simmons, discussing how important her work at the Horton Center is and how her prior relationship with Eric Brady is meaningless to that work. Nicole offers her to stop by any time to see how dedicated she is to fulfilling her obligations, and winning back her daughter. She flashes back to the Halo night, and Eric saying he did something bad. She calls Eric, needs to see him now.

At Teen Loft 1, Jade and Joey meet. Jade tells him about her summer plans, admits she'd rather be here with him, but knows there is no hope. He reminds her they are over, she storms out, reminding him that Tripp would have destroyed him if he knew about Joey's murdering Ava.

In the Square, Dario is making honeymoon plans, wants to give his bride the best experience ever. Brady happens along, asks whom he married. Dario says Abigail, Brady is affronted. Dario tells him to go run Titan (since the CEO was just arrested). Brady warns that if he hurts Jennifer's daughter, Dario will answer to him.

At TBD, Nicole tells Eric she remembers what he said on the Halo night. Eric does, too, and thinks he killed Deimos. They try to piece together the night, including their hallucination of Daniel, talk of forgiveness, and their resultant kiss. Eric reasons that the bad thing he did was not murdering Deimos, but rather kissing his brother's girlfriend. Should we tell Brady? Nicole remembers that keeping how close she and Eric were (while they were being murdered by Xander) from Daniel is a regret, and she doesn't want that with Brady. They ponder, Eric recalls how Brady was upset by their spending the night together, what should they do? Nicole resolves to tell Brady. (Hold up - let's all recall they all talked about this last week in the Square!) Back and forth.

Jennifer has insinuated that Dario is up to his eyeholes in illegal activities, Abby is affronted, Dario comes in, says he'd never hurt Abby. Jenn splits. Dario thanks Abby for sticking up for him, but she admits she's having doubts. Abby lays it on thick about how good Dario's been to her, how she hopes he doesn't betray her.

At Teen Loft 1, Joey gets an education pep talk from Steve. Joe admits he's a bit jealous of Tripp's confidence and direction. He feels like a loser, worries that his murder of Ava will come between him and Tripp, and doesn't think he's done paying for murdering Ava. Steve reminds him to keep going to counselling, and he can always lean on Steve/Kayla. Joey admits some ambivalence about Jade's departure, then deflects by making a snack. Steve gets a call from Kayla, revealing her suspension. Steve is on the way. Kayla looks pensive after the call, Tripp almost enters the room, but backs out.

In the Square, Jenn and Brady talk about the meeting, which always helps to calm them. Brady mentions how crazy things are at Titan thanks to Sonny's arrest, Jenn reminds him that they always have to make time for the meetings. Brady asks about Abby's marriage, Jennifer says her "not approving" is an understatement, but Abigail is grown. Brady asks about the man she was seeing (which she had discussed at the meeting), asks if it was his brother Brady. Brady tells her how bummed Eric was when they broke up. Jenn says a relationship isn't in the cards for her, she had "one great love" in her life, Jack, who gave her two kids. Brady wants her to give Eric another chance. Brady pushes, Jenn stands strong that a relationship with Eric just isn't going to work.

In Abby's room, Dario is talking on the phone, Abby hesitates at the door. She sees him stuff something under the bed; he goes to shower, she pulls out a duffel with a huge wad of cash.

At the hospital, Kayla worries about her job, what if she did make those mistakes. Steve stands by her, offers to help her clear her name.

Jade meets with Tripp in the Private Area to tell him she's leaving Salem for the summer. He reminds her they're working together to destroy Kayla, she says she can see he's having doubts. She says she's going to pack, tells Tripp Kayla is not.... Tripp demands she fess up.

If Abigail can't see that Dario is trying to manipulate her into a real marriage, she's crazy. He is so creepy how he keeps doing things "to keep up appearances". This needs to end.

I'm glad Jade is gone but honestly I liked the first Jade and Joey. Yeah, their story was teenage annoying stuff when running off and getting into her aunt's cult. But I thought the 2 actors had a lot of chemistry.

This Kayla stuff is killing me. Yesterday or something she said 3 patients. I thought there were only 2. Hope and the guy that died but autopsy cleared her. Now there is another one. Tripp needs to confess right now!! Kayla being so nice to him and he's doing this!

And I swear last week Nicole said to Brady "we talked about it, the kiss didn't mean anything". I remember us commenting that we didn't know Brady knew about the kiss. So did the actress mess up but they left it in?

Thank you, Jason.

Today seems like a lot of filler and stretching things out. At least the Abby/Dario and Tripp/Kayla stories have taken a half step forward.

Bye bye, Jade. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Another example of a character ruined because of bad writing.

Dialogue I might have liked to have heard today.

Brady to Eric and Nicole: "OMG, who cares if you kissed. You were both drugged. And Eric, for the love of God will you please smile once in a while."

Trippy to Kayla: "Sorry, I don't think I'm cut out to be a doctor. I'm too easily talked into doing unethical things."

Jenny to Dario: "You'd make a better impression if you didn't parade around in that stupid black muscle shirt."

Joey to NuJade: "Please, keep your voice down when mentioning me and Ava. In Salem, the walls have ears."

Jenny to Abigail: "No, you can't take care of yourself. In fact, you shouldn't even be let out of the house by yourself."

They wouldn't leave an entire line (that has major ramifications) in if the actress had "accidentally" said it. Seems more like it was a total screw-up of continuity
Oh can't be! They'd never screw that up! :sarcasm: Would be pretty funny if when Nicole tells Brady, he says "yeah, you told me last week".:rotfl:

Thanks, Jason.

It's finally a new day in Salem

Maybe we all should take Halo and forget Brady knows about Nicole and Eric kissing. I thought maybe
Brady was going to surprise Nicole at party and saw them kissing. I blame the Halo for that one :)

So, Steve is on the case to help Kayla defend herself. Will he find out it was Tripp that
did it? If so, what will he do then?

I thought it was funny Abigail didn't kiss Dario. Maybe he had bad breath.

Happy, happy, joy, joy Jade is leaving Salem. But first Tripp needs to talk to her about
their plan against Kayla. Will Jade let something slip to Tripp because she just talked
to Joey about keeping his secret?

Thanks for the summary. A meh episode. I know the writers suck, but it's unbelievable that they can't even get the Nicole/Eric/Brady continuity right. Talk about sloppy. However, I will commend the writers for making Tripp begin to regret what he did to Kayla; send Jade out of town; use a cliffhanger for the episode's ending; make Abigail wise up to Dario; make Jennifer and Eric appear to be an unviable pairing; and have Jennifer realize it was Jack (not Daniel) that was her true love. It's also nice we got a break from Gabi and Chad, and the whole investigation storyline.

Just my opinion, but so far, the "investigation" into the murder of Deimos has been a complete failure, starting with the police first arriving, and the Chief eager to arrest anyone who confesses when all were drugged and have really little memory.

Back