Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 23, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At Nicole/Dan's apartment, Eric and Nicole argue about whether or not Serena could have overheard them discussing what happened between them. Nicole assures Eric that Serena was fishing, she's had her guard up ever since Serena came to town. Did Eric let anything slip? No, he kept turning it back on Serena & Xander. They must stick together, he declares, and then he notices her ring. That's why she wanted him to stay. He asks her if she's happy, she is. Even though they "came close to making love that night," (NICOLE'S WORDS) it meant something different for each of them. Nicole says she's not Eric's type, and he tells her he's happy for them. Hopefully Serena won't ruin it, Eric muses; Nicole is prepared to destroy Serena, if needed. This worries Eric. Nicole assures him that they're the only 2 who know what they almost did. Eric points out that Nicole has the most to lose, hugs her, and leaves. Alone, Nicole declares that Serena is next.

At the hospital, Brady and Serena argue about Eric and whether or not she could put Xander away, and whether or not she cares for Eric. Brady vows to block Serena's grant. She informs him that her grant is through the University, so he can't stop it. She expresses her concern for Eric. [There may be some info missing here, my channel is having some sort of trouble.]

In one of the bushy clearings, Paige is telling Jen that the guy JJ's hanging with is worse than Rory.

Replay of JJ/Kyle disagreeing over his motivations while Kyle fingers his gun. JJ leaves, Kyle says, "Have a nice life." Kyle stops JJ, he was just testing him. Kyle is interested in buying JJ's customer list, and gives him a package to deliver. Later, JJ calls the police after delivering the package, and receiving another one (drug money) he's to return to Kyle. Gets the okay to complete the exchange, Jennifer has overheard. She's furious, but he calms her down. They sit on the couch as he tells her that he agreed to go undercover and wants to stop the flow of hard drugs into Salem, she naturally freaks out, wonders who his bosses are. He says just Roman and Agent Watts, nobody else knows, nor can know. He tells her he didn't want her to worry, had to convince the cops to allow her to know about his being undercover. She's worried and frustrated. He assures her he's going to get training, and that this is especially important to him, because it will make up for the bad stuff he did. He talks mainly about selling drugs, but Jennifer thinks he's talking about Paige. She tries to point out that Paige has no interest in reconciling with JJ, he claims he just wants to protect her from Kyle. He can't do this for Paige.

In Anne's office, Anne is working. She kisses up to Clyde and is ready to give him the tour Mr Burns set up for him. Anne is looking forward to another donation from Clyde, talks about the fund Clyde set up for Jordan's foundation, how it's doing now. She throws in some jabs at Abby, Clyde points out his son may marry Abigail. She backs it up a bit, saying Abby's young and inexperienced, bla bla. Clyde wants to set his sights on prenatal care for his next "donation." He talks about his late wife, who died pregnant, (he alleges it was en route to a prenatal test she'd had to wait for) and how it would honour her memory if poor women could get prenatal tests. She agrees to give him the tour.

In Abigail's office, Kayla drops by and Abby recaps her situation. Kayla talks to her about what Abby's real feelings are, whether or not she'll be happy if the baby is Ben's, and if Abby's feelings are resolved for Chad. Kayla wants to make sure that Abby's prepared for the results to go a different way than she'd like.

At the DiMansion, Stefano is looking mournfully at a picture of EJ and Sami. Chad enters, puts a consoling arm on his shoulder. He laments that Sami won't let him see Johnny/Sydney, claims that Chad and Abigail are like EJ/Sami...fight like tigers but love each other in the end. Chad denies, Stefano insinuates the hate is covering for love. (Brace yourself folks, lots of talk about how great EJ and Sami were. :sick:) Chad points out that Stefano's interested in Abby's inheritance, Stefano denies this.

In the Square, Paige gets a call from Kyle, sets up a coffee date. Bev wants to know what kind of game she's playing. She accuses Paige of flirting with Kyle only to drive JJ crazy, and of dating JJ only as a part of her "rebellion". Paige warns her off JJ, but thinks they deserve each other.

Later, Anne has finished her tour, Clyde marvels at the things that can be done nowadays. They talk about Martin, who works in the lab, and whose testings are accurate. They run into Abby, Clyde lays it on thick about how happy Abby makes Ben.

Nicole goes to Serena's hotel room. They need to set something straight. They go round and round about the diamond con, etc., and Nicole finally implores her to leave everyone alone (Daniel, Eric, Brady), and she'll make it worth her while. She'll hold her article, which will destroy Serena's credibility, if Serena leaves town. Serena declares that Nicole is afraid.

In the coffee lounge, Anne is looking for Seth Burns. Kayla doesn't know where he is.

Paige meets with Kyle, who has to text someone (JJ) before their coffee.

Still at the hospital, Clyde is laying it on thick about how he did Ben wrong, but it makes him happy to see Ben doing well at work, school, and especially with Abby. Kayla comes up, talks to Clyde for a minute about his donation; this gives Abby an escape route. Kayla gets a text, leaves; Clyde is leaving when Chad comes in, wanting to see Abby.

Brady arrives at Eric's apartment. They need to talk. Eric futzes, tries to put it off. Brady reminds Eric that when he needed help, Eric pushed, and Eric's smarter than Brady, so Eric should listen. This wins Eric over, he agrees to tell Brady what's bothering him, but it must stay between them. Brady agrees. Eric says, "It's Nicole. I fell in love with her again."

Brady mentioned that as a Board member, he was going to see to it that her new research grant was not approved. That's the only major piece missing from what you wrote. The next I remember Brady he was with Eric and Serena with Nicole. I kind of am disappointed that the show didn't go the Serena-Brady route as the actors have chemistry. I like seeing Brady so protective of his brother too.

Really disappointed in the writing for Nicole--it reminds me of Sami post hate boink when they started writing her out of character. Today was clearly a Tomlin/Whitesell show. But at least we weren't subjected to Daniel.

Speaking of Sami, with all the EJ/Sami propping on today's show, I'm surprised Melissa Salmons didn't write it. :sick: Chad and Abigail are NOT in any way shape or form comparable to EJ and Sami. And Rafe was NOT an interloper in EJ and Sami's "great love story". May Tomlin, Whitesell and Lisa DeCazotte be gainfully UNemployed for a VERY, VERY long time.

I actually enjoyed Anne with Clyde. Again, 2 characters that maybe should have been tried out together.

Today's show proves that yesterday was add-ins because Kayla's hair was shorter. I like seeing her as part of this Abby storyline and Hope as well. I loved Kayla going back at both Anne and then Clyde. I think it's inevitable that Jen will pull Daniel into this too once she finds out about Abby.

Egads, so Clyde managed to weasel the name of the head of the prenatal testing lab out of the ever gushing Anne. Guess that puts Martin in jeopardy now, of course.
And Eric confesses to Brady that he has fallen in love with Nicole again.....He must have gotten whiplash while doing such a 180 from Serena.
And Chad feels he & Abby need to talk. Is he going to say he really does love her, or will he tell about Stefano's interest in having them together??? Thanks, Jason.

Thanks for the summary.

Oh good grief...WAY too much Eric, Serena, and Paige for me to deal with. And the continued propping of EJ & Sami, when it's been almost a year since they left? My goodness, this is clearly a Tomlin/Whitesell show. Wish it was edited.

Overall, a filler episode today. I didn't miss much, between Clyde, Eric, Brady, and Abigail.

One of the better quotes today was Stefano's statement that Sami is "bereft" without EJ. Hasn't he been watching TV lately? Sami looks "truly radiant." Elsewhere, Mr. Sourpuss continues to spread good cheer around Salem. The way he's carrying on about his "almost" moment with Nicole, one would think that before Xander arrived, he and Nicole were engaged in one of Salem's infamous conference-table-top boinks. As for Jenny, hopefully she won't seek out poor Roman and "confront" him over amateur undercover agent JJ's new assignment. Did the mothers of FBI agents assigned to undercover work ever charge into J. Edgar Hoover's office to berate him for endangering their sons? Finally, why did Anne get stuck squiring creepy Clyde around the hospital? Shouldn't Jenny, as P.R. director, have been there to show him the hospital sights, including the broom closets that have been used for trysts?

Oh my goodness, what a snooze fest of a show.
smileys-sleeping-804877.gif

@Dr. Bakerfan......In an infamous episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, Robert, the policeman was going for an interview for a job with the FBI. Not only did Robert's mother Marie write a letter to the agent doing the interview, she later went to see him in person, touting her son, and bringing home made cookies.
And this is exactly what we can expect of Jen...only the opposite. How DARE they ask her young son to work undercover ..such a dangerous thing, etc. etc.

I kind of enjoyed the Anne/Clyde scenes. She's such a suck-up. LOL. I was cracking up when she couldn't remember Jordan's name and then was calling Abigail an airhead. :rotfl:I must say, I do like when Brady goes into "Kiriakis" mode when it suits a purpose. I can't stand Serena so Brady threatening her made me smile. And I literally laughed out loud at the look that Brady gave Eric when he admitted to being in love with Nicole again. :clap:

I wish Nicole and Eric would just both ignore Serena. She could basically never show up onscreen again and no one would miss her. I'm guessing she either gets the goods on what almost happened between Nicole/Eric or guesses/lies about it in order to screw with Nicole and Daniel's relationship. Nicole and Eric just need to stop talking about it period and Nicole just needs to stop confronting Serena. Sheesh!

Jennifer does best when she's in mother mode. However, she needs to realize her son is an adult and technically owed her no explanation for what he is doing. She is right about JJ, though. He's going undercover for all the wrong reasons. I think he feels if he does this it will somehow protect Paige and perhaps even portray himself in a better light in her eyes so he can try to win her back somehow. Dude, that ain't never happenin'. Move on!!

Thanks again Jason for the summary.

I thought it was interesting Stefano was comparing Abigail and Chad to
Elvis and Samantha. There are some similarities, but not many.

Kayla left the door open when she was talking to Abby. Was anyone
listening to their conversation about paternity tests?

I'm sure Roman will get an earful when JenJen calls on him.

I wonder how many days Eric will go without shaving :)

Anne talking to Clyde was funny. She was trying to make herself
important, but it backfired.

Back