Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 7, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Kmansion, Deimos is playing his piano. Kate enters, stunned; he needles her about their 'marriage' and Nicole's alleged murdering of him. She claims she's thrilled he's back, and had only taken what he promised her. She hugs him and we get some furtive glances. Kate wants to know where Deimos was, claims she was mourning; Deimos calls her out on her attempt to murder him. Kate deflects, that was just a misunderstanding, and claims that she did nothing Deimos wouldn't have done if he'd been in the same position. Kate feels Deimos should be admiring her for her actions, a woman after his own heart. Deimos claims he's had a change of same, points out that Kate didn't perform due diligence, struck too soon. She claims she was heartbroken, he calls her out on stealing the ring, goes to rip up the marriage licence. Kate screams, "No!" She suggests they make the marriage real, she still wants to be the power couple they spoke about. Deimos has enough power, is no longer interested. His answer is a firm NO. Kate suspects that this is because of Nicole, who is never to be trusted. (She even mentions that Nicole married her son for a bunch of money.) Kate, however, posits she CAN be trusted, because her cards are on the table. She asks him to take her to Vegas and carry out their plan.

At the DiMansion, André enters and Chad is glad he's there. Chad apologises for accusing André without proof, André accepts the apology, but needles him about how Abby abandoned him. André tells Chad Abby may never return, Chad should focus on his son. Chad invites him to sit, asks about the time André spent with Abby (when she gave him the letter). André claims Abby was scared at first, perhaps of him, then drew strength, perhaps from him. André knows it's difficult to lose someone close, someone who was thought to be dependable. Chad thinks André is talking about Chad's betrayal, André deflects. André suspects that Chad is offering an olive branch in order to trick/trap him, perhaps he suspects André is responsible for Abby's disappearance. Chad doesn't think André is smart enough to trick Abby, André is insulted and relieved. Chad offers "anything" André wants if he helps him find Abby. Can Chad count on him? André would like to help, but would Chad accept any information André brings, even if it's not to his liking? He gets reassurances from Chad that André can have anything [Chad] has if he brings Abby home, not including the property he's already been promised. They agree they can trust each other as much as the other can trust him. André departs; Chad makes a call and has him followed, as he has a vision of Stefano. Vision-Quest-Stefano says he is going to be the voice of rrrreason, and that Chad needs to accept that Abby's gone. Chad reveals to Vision-Quest Stefano that he doesn't trust André, but he's smarter than André, and will eventually expose him if he's holding Abby. Vision-Quest Stefano purports that post-psych-ward Abby will be a lousy mom.

In the Square, Jennifer happens upon a pensive Teen Ciara, who was checking out Salem U classes for the fall. Ciara suspects that Jenn's freaked out about Abigail; Jen wants to know about Chad and what he's doing with Abigail. Ciara says, "Chad's not hiding her, Aunt Jen." She defends Chad, who is heartbroken; Ciara is resolute in her ability to read Chad, she'd know if he were hiding Abby. Ciara gets defensive, Jenn questions her closeness to Chad, possible feelings, etc. Teen Ciara says that, like Jennifer, Chad just wants Abby home. She stalks off.

Ciara goes to the DiMansion, tells Chad about Jennifer's accusations. Chad is only focused on finding Abby before she gets hurt; Ciara asks if Chad talked to André. "We're best buds," Chad jokes, but he's not sure whether or not André is hiding Abby. Chad admits that Ciara's the only one he can trust, and that sometimes he has Visions of Stefano which show him another way of doing things. Ciara admits that she did the same while Bo was missing. They talk about Stefano and Chad's relationship (ed. note: ICK). He admits that Vision-Quest Stefano pointed out that Abby may never get better. Teen Ciara thinks Abby ran away because she was scared of not getting better for awhile, and putting Thomas/Chad through that. Chad plans to use one of Stefano's old psychiatrists to "do anything" to fix Abby, which will apparently be done in a secure, newly-built room in the tunnels. Ciara posits Abby doesn't want to be found. She suggests a walk, or some chess, and instead they go out with Thomas for ice cream. Before they leave, Chad looks at a picture of him & Abby on their wedding day (actually pictured with Kate Mansi/Abby, it appears). Ciara comes in with Thomas, who's asleep. Chad decides not to go, doesn't want to miss a call. He wants to be here, waiting for his wife, when the call comes in, not "eating ice cream like a child." Ciara leaves; Chad is apologetic, but she's gone.

At the Kmansion, Deimos and Kate work out the terms of their plan, which includes separate bedrooms. They plan to leave tomorrow; Kate is giddy but Deimos lied to her, he does not plan to marry her. He is vengeful over what she did to Nicole, pretending to be interested in her was the easiest way to get her to pack. Deimos would rather be a "fool" than someone who holds a grudge; Kate thinks Deimos isn't the pope, he'd have done the same. Deimos says going after Nicole is going after him, and he'll shred her if she tries it again. Deimos will tell the cops about Kate's actions unless she leaves; Kate claims this is the biggest mistake of his life.

At the Pub, Jennifer laments Abby's escape to Caroline. Caroline suspects Ben, JJ has confirmed that Ben is locked up. Caroline suspects Abby knows what she's doing, wasn't confused in her letter, seemed to have a plan. Have faith, Caroline tells her.

Somewhere (hotel room?), André reads about a plane going down and killing all the crew and passengers. This makes him happy. Meanwhile, Kate calls someone, needs to meet in the morning to settle the score. Back at his hotel, André makes a call, needs help with a plan, will email details in the morning. He listens to opera and looks at a bedside picture of Stefano.

Chad comes upon Ciara, apologising for not returning her support of him, for blowing up, etc. Ciara says it's not a big deal; Chad's glad, because he can't lose her now. Ciara is the sanity in the house now. Ciara promises Chad won't lose her, places her hand over his on his leg. Jennifer sees this and her eyes get large.

Could I never see Ciara's name in a daily summary again? That would be hunky-dory with me. This has been done so many times and this time is probably the most disgusting version. STOP THE INSANITY. Can we put Dr. Robinson from "Shady" Hills under a microscope and get her incarcerated for malpractice. I think she is in cahoots with someone. Ciara is more psycho than Abby. DONE DONE and MORE DONE with this Ciara "push her in our face" storyline. :cry:

I bet I know where "Abby" is.
André reads about a plane going down and killing all the crew and passengers. This makes him happy.

Jason thank you so much for watching this. I've decided to go to FedEx office at lunch time instead of watching the Ciara/Chad romance. :sick:

As for Kate and Deimos, whatever. Kate will skulk and plan, and fail while hurting people and never face judgment. :beat:

They really need to stop trying to turn Ciara into Hope. It's not working and she has zero chemistry with Billy Flynn (Chad). Backburner her and give us some Claire stuff instead.

Also, why couldn't Hope walk past Jen and Ciara when they were having their discussion? This is how the show drastically skips important beats. And they have yet to mention that Ciara is Abby's cousin yet a few weeks ago they couldn't stop mentioning that her brother Shawn was? And while I liked seeing Caroline with Jen, it would have played out better with Jen talking to Julie and Caroline talking some sense into Ciara. Nothing makes any sense.

Kate and Deimos: Whatever:rolleyes:

So much for hoping to see continuation of Belle and Shawn on my birthday.

Thanks Jason.

A few comments on today's episode.

Where is Jenny going to take her marathon moanathon after Caroline? Adrienne? Julie? In any case, she'd better lighten up with Teen Ciara. If the teen set decides that she's out of line, she'll find her car with four flat tires.

Imaginary Stefano, the "voice of reason," ought to tell Chad, "You know that this Ciara is just a teen babysitter, yes?"

Why was Teen Ciara checking on classes at Salem U.?? Everyone knows that she won't actually attend a single one of them.

Deimos had better change the locks on the K-mansion doors and windows, get some bodyguards, hire a food-taster, and start wearing a Kevlar vest.

Before Andre gets too excited about his plane crash scenario, he ought to check with Ghost Ava. He'd learn that such plans don't always work out too well.

Last edited:
If I had been able to watch, I would have turned it OFF. Come on writers, get yourself in gear. You're being paid (more than $5 an hour, I assume), so do what you were hired for. Write us some good storyline, without Ciara.

Let's get good ole Andre a great storyline or 2 or 3!!

Egads, what the heck is going on? Who did Kate call? Andre?

I guess Andre' plans to have one body in that plane crash be identified as Abby.

Why the heck is Chad asking for opinions from teen Ciara, the babysitter, the one who just a month or so ago was dancing on the bar at the Club? And supposedly has just graduated high school, even tho it was never mentioned.

I wish Deimos would have had a fake packed suitcase, so Kate would already be outside the door when he sprung his Thanks, but no thank, Adios, lady on her.

I do agree about quickly changing all the locks.

What is it that Andre will want when he brings the news of Abby's "demise"???

I haven't seen it yet, but I have to ask, what's Chad's body language like? He's saying he trusts her, but is it still friendly, or is it more? Its obvious that Ciara wants more (Why?? Why would any teenage girl want to shack up with the father of a young baby who's missing wife is having a problem with sanity and a penchant for arson, I'd be scared she'd find out and come torch me while I sleep), but is Chad still oblivious to it?

Hey Chad, if you don't to want to go out and "eat ice cream like a child" then just order some gelatto. It's what grown-ups eat and it can come with crunchy things and caramel and it is really quite yummy. But I digress there is really no need to be a Mr. Grumpy-pants about it. As Sebastian the crab from The Little Mermaid would say "Jeez Mon!"

On a more serious note as we continue to be subjected to this dreck with Chad and Ciara I find myself wondering if I did something really awful in a previous life. I know I probably really shouldn't try to make it all about me but on the chance I am right about this one I want to say to all of you I am truly and profoundly sorry.

I really don't understand why they insist on trying to pound the square peg that is Ciara into the round hole which is the role of Chad's female confidante. This is a role that could have been served as others have pointed by Gabi. It would be so much more dramatically satisfying giving the somewhat, shall we say, complicated history she has with Chad. We wouldn't have this crush nonsense and it would give Gabi and JJ's relationship some needed conflict which, of course, they get past in my version. But no we get this instead.

Watching Deimos play Kate was kind of fun but this whole saga has been dominating the show for so long I just don't care much anymore. Maybe if I found either of these two remotely rootable it would be different but I don't. Even though I think they are working on softening Deimos somewhat he isn't quite there yet in my opinon.

Thanks Jason.

robin, do you think Abby is in an abbey :)

When Ciara touched Chad's hand, the way he looked I thought he was upset about it.
Or maybe I want him to think that.

We missed the high school graduation since Ciara was talking about college.

Since Chad is having Andre followed, I hope he's going to listen to his phone conversations too.

It was funny when Chad was "talking" to Stefano and Stefano called him mad.

Who did Kate and Andre call? I don't think they were talking to each other or were they.

Thanks for the summary. An OK show. Not liking the Chad/Ciara angle at all! I'm glad that Jennifer is onto it. Hopefully this will give her something to do besides attending AA meetings and worrying with her son about Abigail.

The bright spot today was definitely Kate & Deimos. Sounds funny and wonderful. Glad Kate sort of got her comeuppance, but something tells me this will linger on throughout the summer. It ain't over until it's over.

Back