Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jun. 18, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Hospital, Anne grabs Jeannie T, correcting her wardrobe before she goes into Tate’s room - Brady’s in there. Jeannie T wishes she’d not gotten rid of Melanie as Anne encourages her to use her goods to snag daddy. Anne points out that with Melanie gone, Brady will eventually need someone to “scratch his itch.” (Again speaking for the chorus.)

In Tate’s room, Brady tells Maggie he’ll never do anything with Jeannie T. He explains their binding agreement, intermediaries for custody transfer, etc. Maggie asks if he’s sure about this. He’s sure, he doesn’t want Tate exposed to his hatred for Jeannie T. Brady un-ironically says nothing will change his mind.

Rory (in the Park) calls JJ (sulking at the Horton House) telling him about a raging kegger replete with bodacious babes. JJ doesn’t want babes, just Paige. Jenn has overheard this, tells him to let her go. JJ reminds Jen that she took back Jack after numerous mistakes (eye roll), Jenn subtly hints that that was different, JJ realises what he did was worse. Jenn says that every person, every relationship is different...and it’s up to Paige to decide if she can live with what JJ did. He thanks her for never giving up on him before zipping off to do something.

At the Pub, Kayla and Paige are talking...but NOT about JJ/Eve...Paige needs a favour. She wants a letter of recommendation for a night shift job at a Yogurt shop, which will help with her expences. Refuses Kayla’s offer to work at the hospital. Kayla insists JJ will hardly ever be there, Paige doesn’t want JJ to have the opportunity to show up at her work, begging to be let back in to her life. She says she’s doing some online dating, checking out sites, Kayla cautions her that guys there aren’t honest. Paige rails about JJ some more.

At her apartment, Eve is Googling (yes, actually Googling, mentioned by name) Laura Horton, learns Marlena was her doctor. Later, she goes to the hospital, interrupts Jeannie T/Anne, Jeannie yells at her about visiting Tate. Sees Marlena and shoves them off.

Earlier, Marlena had been in her office, calling after Eric. She’d been trying to reach him, worried she was being a pest, and wondering if Daniel got ahold of Eric. Later, she calls Daniel (above) before Eve enters her office, asking to talk to her. Eve asks for advice on dealing with her daughter, to whom she did something terrible, admits Paige knows about it. Admits she knows Marlena couldn’t be her therapist because of Jeannie T, just wants an appointment to talk and get a referral. As Marlena is looking through her computer, Eve admires an “old” picture of Belle, laments losing Paige, gets into a hysterical coughing fit in order to get Marlena out of the room, uses the moment to look up Laura Horton on Doc’s computer.

At Serena’s hotel, Daniel is grasping Serena by the shoulders, she’s saying she loved Eric and this is all Nicole’s fault. He shoves past her (shades of EJ here), grabs the elephant statue, which he thinks has something to do with it. Recaps conversations, gets a call from Marlena, confirms he’s dealing with Serena, who then begs him to leave or she’ll call hotel security. He says forget security, let’s call the police. He has figured out that the elephants were used to smuggle things into the US, figures Nicole knows, calls Serena out on her lying, tells her he’ll find Eric and get the truth, let him know how Serena acted when the chips were down.

Xander, gun drawn, pursues Eric and Nicole, who are stuck in a storage room. Xander pushes open a door, but it’s the wrong one. He’s screaming that he’ll exterminate them, he should have finished her when he had the chance, etc. Nicole asks Eric why he showed up. He avoids the question, she assures him the room is hidden, they surmise Xander might give up in a few hours so they can escape. She presses the issue of what he’s doing here. Xander remains furious, as Navidad assures him that they MUST be in the building. They decide to use Nicole’s computer to track them, as well as to determine where they are. Meanwhile in the secret room, Eric has apologised to Nicole, explains how Xander & Serena were smuggling diamonds using artwork, like the elephant. He realises she’s not surprised, and she admits she’s known for weeks.

In the park clearing, Anne and Jeannie T are eating yogurt, Jeannie laments her scheme, which Melanie blabbed, to get rid of her rival. Anne continues to see the gravy train, Jeannie T claims she’s focused only on her son, admits she’s worried about being a mother, because she lost the time most moms get to prepare. Brady is in the shadows, eavesdropping, as Jeannie worries she might be a terrible mother. She might feed him too much, etc; she can’t rely on Kim, who’s mad about LA, or Eve, who “moves from one hot mess to the next.” Anne offers help, they’ll learn together, Jeannie (and Brady) look horrified, turns her down.

JJ and Paige run into each other in the Square, she accuses him of stalking her. He says he was going to the Yogurt Shop to look into a job, she accuses Kayla of telling him, rails that she’ll never believe another word he says. He tells her to keep the job, he’s done, as Bev watches from behind the trees. Paige tells Bev that JJ had sex with Eve, which broke them up.

In Nicole’s office, Xander and Navidad are going through Nicole’s computer when a beeping alerts Xander to Eric’s phone. He checks the messages, realises Serena blabbed; however, he thinks this is perfect. (See below, he texts Daniel pretending to be Nicole.)

Outside Eric’s apartment, Daniel is trying to get Eric’s attention, Serena is pursuing him, keeps her mouth shut or it’ll be “a disaster.” Daniel gets a text from “Nicole” (really Xander), claiming she’s driving to Chicago, phone almost dead, she’s at the Tower Hotel on Michigan Avenue. Daniel won’t let Serena go along; she wants to see him one more time, even if Eric doesn’t want to see her.

In the secret room, Nicole admits she didn’t know about the diamonds, but knew Xander & Serena were up to something and that it involved the elephant, she had been playing him, didn’t realise how dangerous he was. Eric wants to know why she didn’t say something to him or Daniel, Nicole didn’t want to be wrong again; Eric realises she didn’t think he’d believe her. Apologises for not believing her, realises she couldn’t come to him, and that his role in this inadvertently put her in the danger they’re in now. Tells her he’s so sorry. They’re holding hands, she tells him that his only mistake was being trusting, being his wonderful self; admits that she too was responsible for her sullied reputation, and how she couldn’t talk about her Serena hunch. It’s quiet, Eric thinks it’s a good sign Xander’s gone...Nicole thinks it’s safer if Xander can’t find them. Upstairs, Navidad has used Nicole’s computer to locate their hiding spot (using blueprints for the building).

In the Nursery, JeannieT is singing to Tate. Brady comes in, and she tries to leave, yells at him when he tries to play nice. She tells him to deal with her attorney; alone with Tate, he resolves to do what’s right for Tate, no matter how he feels.

At the hospital, Marlena receives a text from “Eric” (really Xander), saying he needs space and is fine.

JJ shows up at the kegger, gets some booze from Rory.

Eve is digging in the computer, Jen comes in to see Marlena, and asks what she’s doing.

In the Secret room, Eric agrees that they’ll be safer in this room, since Xander doesn’t know about it. Outside, Xander starts rattling the doorknob, demanding they open the door.

Another bouncy, jaunty, hard to summarise episode...LOL...love watching them but hard to keep the flow in a short summary. I like how the characters were mixed around, that means the show MOVED and things HAPPENED. :)

Jeannie T/Brady...STOP STOP STOP, please. There's no reason for Jeannie T to be so harsh to Brady, no matter how hurt her "feelings" are. Good scenes with her & Anne, great voice on Jen Lilley (Jeannie T).

Maggie was, once again, superfluous. Brady could have said what he did to an empty basinet.

Loved Marlena, Eve, etc. Eve's scheme is harebrained but it was nice to hear Marlena mention her youngest daughter...Belle? Weird name, LOL. :wink:

Really liked Nicole/Eric's scenes. Nicole, as usual, owns the show.

Daniel pushing Serena around - I don't care what she did, she did not deserve that. Yelling, maybe. A firm grip (like at the beginning) so she wouldn't run, maybe...but everything after that was dumb.

Really shows how crummy the writing was...Serena could be redeemed at this point, if the writers gave a hoot. But they didn't, and now even I don't. I don't think Serena will be checking out of the Salem Inn. She's too teary and remorseful to be leaving Salem outside of a body bag.

Xander, also very crummy writing. Really has no motivation for this other than his white-hot rage, which should have abated by now. And Navidad has absolutely no reason nor anything to gain from helping Xander kill Nicole & Eric. Very odd.

I can't wait until August.

JJ reminds Jen that she took back Jack after numerous mistakes (eye roll), Jen subtly hints that that was different, JJ realises what he did was worse.

I wanted JJ to say: "How was it different? He slept with your mom and I slept with hers."

or conversely

for Jen to say: "How was it worse? You slept with her mom and your dad slept with mine."

Another bouncy, jaunty, hard to summarise episode...LOL...love watching them but hard to keep the flow in a short summary. I like how the characters were mixed around, that means the show MOVED and things HAPPENED. :)

Jeannie T/Brady...STOP STOP STOP, please. There's no reason for Jeannie T to be so harsh to Brady, no matter how hurt her "feelings" are. Good scenes with her & Anne, great voice on Jen Lilley (Jeannie T).

Maggie was, once again, superfluous. Brady could have said what he did to an empty basinet.

Loved Marlena, Eve, etc. Eve's scheme is harebrained but it was nice to hear Marlena mention her youngest daughter...Belle? Weird name, LOL. :wink:

Really liked Nicole/Eric's scenes. Nicole, as usual, owns the show.

Daniel pushing Serena around - I don't care what she did, she did not deserve that. Yelling, maybe. A firm grip (like at the beginning) so she wouldn't run, maybe...but everything after that was dumb.

Really shows how crummy the writing was...Serena could be redeemed at this point, if the writers gave a hoot. But they didn't, and now even I don't. I don't think Serena will be checking out of the Salem Inn. She's too teary and remorseful to be leaving Salem outside of a body bag.

Xander, also very crummy writing. Really has no motivation for this other than his white-hot rage, which should have abated by now. And Navidad has absolutely no reason nor anything to gain from helping Xander kill Nicole & Eric. Very odd.

I can't wait until August.

Firstly, thanks for the summary. The show here was interrupted by the president holding some conference.

And I agree with everything you said here. The show was eventful, so I guess that makes it good, but the endless amount of characters acting annoying/out of character is really grating on my nerves. Furthermore, I'm getting so sick and tired of Paige's attitude and JJ always trying to give her back. Enough already! It's over! It's fine to be sad and angry, but I wish we could've seen Paige just transfer to Stanford and leave, and JJ move on already.

From the ghost of Samantha Evans:

Dear sis, just how lousy of a doctor are you that you can't even peg a big faker??? You always had my number when I pulled schemes on you, but that cheap, two-bit tart, Eve Donovan, comes into your office with her fake tears and boo-hoo story of wanting to repair her relationship with her daughter, and you buy it, hook, line and sinker?

Oh, for shame.

I almost thought Jen was going to say to JJ about Jack sleeping with Laura Horton, Jen's mom. ONCE again Doctor Dan the Man who Can and Tans is most likely going to rescue Eric and Nicole (rolls eyes).

If I remember correctly, Jack did not know who Laura was, when they shared a bed.

Neither one knew who the other was (and they used fake names at the hospital they were both in; Laura was Monica and Jack was Clarke). That was ridiculous. You'd think in all the time Jack and Jennifer were married that Laura would've seen Jack's picture and Jack would've seen Laura's picture.

The difference between JJ/Eve and Jack/Laura is Neither Jack nor Laura knew who the other was. They had to use fake names in that institution, and both were absolutely appalled when they returned to Salem, learning their real names.
I am not sure Jennifer even knows to this day...but, perhaps she does. But there WAS a big difference.

I cracked up when Anne mentioned Tater Tot, we sure used that name a lot on here.
But yes, when the scenes are so short, and try to incorporate so many different characters, hard to write a good "flow" for each story. I liked that Eric realized why Nicole could not come and tell him, or even Daniel, who did the same as Eric. He does need more groveling though. Wish there really WAS a Tower Hotel on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. LOLOL
Good job, thanks, Jason.

I'm back from my detoxifying sojourn in the Great Outdoors and I got back just in time to see today's episode, and I feel I haven't missed a thing; which, I guess can be taken to have either a good or bad connotation.

I have to say I didn't find anything odd about Navidad's willingness to aid Xander in killing Eric and Nicole. She's just a henchwoman that's what she's there for. I mean why were Mandrake and Clint willing to help Kristen or keeping it in the family why did Rolf and Bart help Stefano in his nefarious schemes?

Taking it outside of Days what did characters like Oddjob (Goldfinger) or Jaws (The Spy Who Loved Me and most of Moonraker) have to gain by trying to kill James Bond? They did it simply because that's what their respective employers wanted them to do. It's the job of the henchman/woman to "hench" and that's all Navidad is doing. :)

I found it absolutely amazing that not only was Navidad able to "mask" all the security cameras on her own computer earlier, she was able to unmask them on Nicole's in the blink of an eye.
And then, astonishing was her ability to find actual blueprints on line, of the entire building, it's basement and even the "secret room". Yep, the purpose of a secret room.....is it not to be "secret". I mean fake closet in front and all that. So why would all the info be right there online for anyone, especially the bad guys, to so easily find? And absolute strangers are easily able to LOCK exit doors (fire exits, mind you) from the outside.
And despite being a secret room, behind another room, Xander's voice carries clearly thru all the cement and doors. Ahhh, Salem, such a wonderful town.

Salem seems to be a little like Russia - it's huge, covers 16 time zones, and stays cold all the time requiring winter clothing in what is normally hot months in the rest of the country. Wonder if Salemites also like vodka?

I found it absolutely amazing that not only was Navidad able to "mask" all the security cameras on her own computer earlier, she was able to unmask them on Nicole's in the blink of an eye. And then, astonishing was her ability to find actual blueprints on line, of the entire building, it's basement and even the "secret room". Yep, the purpose of a secret room.....is it not to be "secret". I mean fake closet in front and all that. So why would all the info be right there online for anyone, especially the bad guys, to so easily find? And absolute strangers are easily able to LOCK exit doors (fire exits, mind you) from the outside.
And despite being a secret room, behind another room, Xander's voice carries clearly thru all the cement and doors. Ahhh, Salem, such a wonderful town.
The only explanation for this was that the building's security people consulted with one of the Salem P.D.'s "experts." Elsewhere, Anne gets kudos for calling Baby Black "Tater Tot," but she's premature about Jeannie T.'s ability to beguile the foolish Brady. As for Rory, once again he shone through the Salem gloom with his good cheer and joie de vivre. What a contrast he is to the frantic Love Doctor, nervous wreck Serena, super-crazy Eve, the trapped Nicole and Eric, Marlena obsessing over her son's activities, embittered Paige, moping JJ, foolish Jenny, deranged Xander on the road to perdition, and fretting Jeannie T. All of these people would be better off if they'd kick back and join the fun at Rory's kegger.

Neither one knew who the other was (and they used fake names at the hospital they were both in; Laura was Monica and Jack was Clarke). That was ridiculous. You'd think in all the time Jack and Jennifer were married that Laura would've seen Jack's picture and Jack would've seen Laura's picture.

She probably did, but of the real Jack. She had sex with Faux!Jack (or Jack 2), hence her not recognising him. :)

And Jenn did walk away at one point - when she married Peter. But Peter is like Voldermort now and cannot be named. :rolleyes:

Today kind of felt like filler - there was no progress on Nicole/Eric/Xander, though we did get some apologising going on. Did Xander send Daniel to Chicago so he can't save them? That makes me happy, that Dan is being misled and can't save the day for once. Brady and Theresa going back and forth and giving me whiplash was boring, though I really enjoyed Theresa and Anne's scenes. Paige was boring with everyone, though it was nice to see Kayla.

Daniel manhandling Serena, grabbing her and shaking her while he shouted at her had me really, REALLY uncomfortable. Like, if they were in a relationship and he was doing that I'd have called it domestic violence. It's really unpleasant to watch and again makes me question how Daniel can still be considered to be a male romantic lead on this show.

Jason, thanks for the summary.

I LOL when Anne said tater tot. I hope Brady isn't going to feel sorry
for Theresa after he listened to Anne and Theresa talk in the park.

I wonder if Serena will be needing Marlena's or someone
else's help later. She's acting paranoid.

I'm surprised Xander didn't break the door knob off since he's so
angry. Maybe he will tomorrow.

I'm glad Eric and Nicole had their talk. It should have been
done a long time ago.

An interesting show today with so many characters on.

Back