Days of Our Lives - Thu., June 30, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Kmansion, Kate is wandering around, nervously calls out to André, then Deimos. She startles herself by dropping a book, decides to split. She then goes to the Square to wander around, where Lucas startles her. Lucas wants to know why she hasn't returned any phone calls or texts, then recaps the "marriage" and "murder" of Deimos. She's glad he's here, she needs his help to run Titan. He tells her to get out as soon as she can, Titan belongs to Victor. (Frankly his loyalty is no longer heartening considering what a piece Victor has been lately.) He fears Victor's reprisal against his mother. Kate is fearless, Lucas tells her about his engagement to Adrienne. Kate tells him to go for it as a drunken Philip stumbles up. Kate says she just wants her children happy, Philip cackles at this notion. She wants to take him home, but he intends to wallow in his screwup.

At Chloe's cabin, Chloe is eavesdropping on Nicole and Deimos. Deimos agrees to return to Salem, but Nicole is to go on ahead so he can take care of some things here. Nicole will have to take him at his word, agrees to leave. Chloe enters, Nicole is happy that things have done a 180. She asks how Chloe and Deimos met, gets the "long story" put-off, and is about to leave. Chloe calls Parker in to say good-by, he misses Nicole. Nicole leaves and Chloe shoos Parker out of the room, then lays into Deimos for his lies. He claims that his words to Chloe were the truth, but she told him to reconcile with his past. Chloe knows Deimos is returning to Salem because he's in love with Nicole. Later, he's leaving, and tells her she's very special, and what they shared meant a great deal to him. She says he's the most manipulative SOB she's ever known, using her, Philip, Kate, and now Nicole. She orders him gone and he leaves. Parker comes in, wondering why she yelld at Deimos. She tells Parker they had an argument, but she's not sad, because she has Parker. They hug, and she gets teary. She offers him a trip to Salem.

Blanca comes into Club TBD. Dario is behind the bar. She tells him she got the job at University Hospital. He remarks that Mami will be thrilled because of her matchmaking plans. Later, he's made her some food which was delicious. He laments his mother's meddling and they make small talk; she leaves so he can wait for his friend (who texted him).

In the private area of the Square, Jennifer wonders how Abigail could have returned, just to depart again. JJ tells her about Abigail starting the fire and blocking the memory; he speculates that Abigail's memory is returned, and she fled prosecution. Jen doesn't understand when JJ explains that Chad is blocking attempts to find Abigail; JJ is upset that he can't get in Abigail's head to help the investigation. Jen points out that Abigail isn't thinking clearly, or acting rationally; they need to stay focused. They hug, JJ will keep Jen posted. Jen calls Chad and leaves a message for him to call her.

At DiMansion, Chad is tidying up; he leaves the study and André is there. He offers his help with Abigail. André's price for this help is a little house (which Stefano used as a safe house for his drug runners). If Chad gives him the house, he'll help find out what happened to Abigail. Chad agrees, on condition that André is useful. He does wonder why André wants the house, André plans to flip it. He's on the case, throwing shade (as the kids say) about how if Abby were dead, her body would have turned up already. He zips out.

At the Townhouse, Belle and Shawn-D are at the door, where Shawn-D notes they've come full circle. She wants to take things slow; he leaves, promising to text her later. She grabs an envelope and is about to rush out; Philip is at the door, drunk. He laments being alone and the bust that is his record company; he tells Belle he still loves her and she should be with him. Belle points out the contradiction, as Philip previously endorsed the Shawn-D/Belle reunion. He was just being noble, she belongs with him. She says she's not interested, he says she's in denial. She refuses to have this conversation, but he applies pressure, keeps getting closer. He kisses her (her arms are around him as well?). Shawn-D returns, gets updated on Philip's reversal. Philip attempts to punch Shawn-D, falls over, and Shawn-D manhandles him out of the room. Belle is glad that Shawn-D is here; they kiss, then have sex.

Dario's friend arrives at Club TBD. It's Nicole, and she confidentially tells him that Deimos is alive, but nobody can know, and he's holed up at Chloe's. Dario thinks Nicole's been conned. She says if Deimos is setting her up, she will actually kill him, since Kate has her set to take the fall anyway. Dario calls Nicole out on her feelings for Deimos, warns her she will get hurt by him despite her denials. She talks of admiring the man that Deimos was, how he loved Helena and was wrongfully imprisoned. She gets a text from Deimos, who's arrived in Salem and wants to see her.

JJ has returned to Shady Hills, where a guard gives him a rough time about Abby's disappearance. They trade barbs; JJ hopes for a miracle. He looks through all the drawers, etc., which are empty. He flips the mattress and finds a journal. We see pages of it with angry scribbles (including BEN in big letters) and other writings.

Jen has arrived at the DiMansion, at first they are on the same side as she apologises for suggesting Shady Hills, which made Abby worse. There's been no trace of Abby since the mask in the barn, and Jen wants Chad to work with Roman. Chad will do whatever it takes and he doesn't want Jennifer, JJ, etc., getting caught on his path to Abigail. Later JJ has arrived, and reads the journal to Chad and Jennifer. Abby writes of fear of Ben, everyone judging her, not being able to return home. Chad wants to see the journal, flips through it, wants to keep it. JJ demands it back; they equally distrust one another at this point. JJ points out that Chad's harbouring Abby won't do anyone any good. André returns; Chad tells them he has business with André. JJ and Jennifer leave; André claims to know something, but wants the transfer signed first. (The property is being bought by 'Gateway Enterprises.') Chad says whatever, André gives him a note from Abby. André claims he found it in the living room, claims he didn't read it (he "draws a fine line when it comes to personal matters"). He tells Chad he hopes the answers are in there. Chad wants to be alone, André agrees, they'll deal with the property transfer later. Chad reads Abby's letter, which states that Chad and Thomas will never see Abigail again.

At the Townhouse, Belle is in a robe, remembering the conversation from 40 minutes ago with Philip, including the kiss. Shawn-D watches her. Elsewhere, Philip apparently shares this flashback, laments blowing it with Belle, and gets a surprise when Chloe and Parker walk up.

Kate returns to the Kmansion, where André surprises her as she's making a drink. He wants $500.000 to get rid of Deimos, whom he just saw talking to Nicole.

At Rafe's house, Dario arrives, Blanca gives him some ice tea and announces that she's starting work tomorrow. She asks about Dario's friend, and he says his friend's in way over her head. Meanwhile in the Private area, Nicole is trying to reach Deimos, who arrives. Deimos (who has shaved) is not ready to go to the Police. Deimos wants a lasting revenge against Kate, not just turning her in to the cops.

Looks like Dario decided to run Club TBD after all, huh?

And please tell me why Andre was looking behind the curtains/drapes in the living room (where he found that letter). Why wouldn't Abby have left it on Chad's bed or desk?

JUST SPECULATION HERE:

Are we seeing the future "handwriting on the wall" story materializing here? Deimos gets even with Bedhead Kate, and low and behold, Andre' has him taken out right before he, Deimos, has a chance to clear Nicole of his supposed demise.

I thought today's show wasn't too bad. Belle, please don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Very disappointed that they showed her, in my opinion, wavering about her feelings for Shawn again. I am curious to see if they acknowledge that Philip once loved Parker and thought he was his. Philip was, off screen, supposed to have been involved in Parker's care in Chicago, right?

Andre: Now he says he's a "healer." OMG, this makes "EJ has changed" seem like a minor exaggeration.

Dario: Why is he so cheerful? After all, the the sister of homicide victim Clark is snooping around town. Perhaps, he heard that the last guy who was discovered to have stashed a dead body, Max, only got community service.

Phil: He's now the official village idiot. What woman would want to seek "excitement" and "adventure" with an inebriated loser?

Lucas: Doesn't he know by now that asking Kate to do the right thing is more than a lost cause?

Jenny: She actually thinks that Roman "knows what he's doing?" Apparently, she hasn't been paying attention all these years.

Today's show had a nice pace. I like Deimos/Nicole and Deimos/Chloe.

I thought Lucas had cut Kate out of his life? But who can keep track.

Belle...NO. Just, no.

I remarked on twitter about Philip's lost kids, Claire and Parker, who he thought were his. I want some acknowledgment for that in whatever story Philip has coming up.

I like Blanca, but not Dario. Blanca as a nurse could work.

Philip/Belle/Shawn: I admit I really haven't paid much attention to this one which is why I rarely comment on it but I kind of liked their scenes today. I think it's because they haven't been on in a while so they were a nice change of pace.

Lucas and Kate: Hey we've seen Lucas twice in one month! Maybe times are a-changin. Kate and Lucas reconciled after Will was killed. Or did Lucas swear to cut her out of his life since then?

By the way is this the first time we've seen Lucas and Philip on screen together since Philip has been back in Salem?

I'm not buying that notebook JJ found being the genuine article any more then I buy that Abigail started the fire or that I buy the letter that Andre "found." I may have been early in the morning Days writers, but it wasn't THIS morning.

Overall I thought it a decent episode. Nothing really made me roll my eyes but nothing really excited me

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Troy, you have to remember that SOME stupid things on Days really are true. LOL. I don't buy the letter at all being from Abby herself, but I did buy the little notebook, mostly because it was so beat up, and obviously written at different times. Abby did want to leave there, wanted to go home, said it over and over. And we did see her with the lighter and the spray can. However, as I have noted, not much of a fire at all, Nothing burned, no smoke, no burns on her, plus they have video of her lighting the accelerant.

That said......I know it's been a while........so this one's for you.......lol

banus_camila.jpg

Aw thank you, Poirot I'll treasure it forever LOL.

And you make very good points. Yes, Abigail wanted to go home that much is true. But the part about being scared of Chad? That raised red flags to me because it seemed like someone might be trying to make Chad look bad but then Abigail isn't in her right mind. And it's also true that we saw Abigail with the spray can and lighter but we didn't ACTUALLY see the fire erupt. I'm just not convinced this video hasn't been doctored, I just have a feeling something isn't on the up and up about that facility.

But on the other hand I admit maybe I am being overly skeptical. But this is a mental health facility with the word "shady" it's name. So can you really blame me? LOL

Thanks, Jason.

Troy, I have to agree with you about a mental health clinic with the name shady in it.

It was an interesting episode, but I have few questions.

Did Deimos take the bus to get to Salem? And where did he shave?

Why did Belle return Philip's kiss like she did after he was drinking? Yuck

Was Daniel Parker's dad? Or will someone change the DNA test to say Philip is?

What's wrong with Jennifer? She was wearing a sleeveless dress in summer :)

Too bad Chad wasn't paying attention to Andre and the company who wanted the
house, Gateway Enterprises. I wonder who owns it.

I noticed the flowers were finally changed in the park. Tulips haven't been blooming
in most areas since early spring.. But it's Salem so I guess it's possible they bloom
longer there.

I think so too, but he mentioned it to Chad at time when Chad had other things
on his mind.

Back