Days of Our Lives - Thu., June 9, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At a really nice-looking hotel, Fynn answers his door. Steve and Joey are there, they want to find Kayla; Fynn informs them she just left with John "about an hour ago." Steve's phone is dead, uses a charger at the hotel. Joey learns Kayla's health is not so hot, that she has a subdural hematoma which she got from Ava's head-bashing. Joe feels guilty, Steve won't allow that; Ava used Joe to get to Steve. She's Steve's past, and his responsibility.

At the commune, Kayla and John have arrived. Simone and Jade tell Kayla that Joey's been arrested. Back and forth chatter between John and Simone (Kayla got a call). Steve has called Kayla, she learns that Joey's okay, wants to know "what on earth" he was thinking. Joey admits he's screwed up, is out on bail, a big disappointment. Kayla will not be manipulated into forgiving him; wants him to take responsibility for his actions. He will figure things out. He is repentant, Kayla remains stern, but says she has faith he will work this out. Kayla goes back to the main part of the commune, wonders how an intelligent, caring girl like Jade can throw her life away. Also tells off Simone, who insists that Joey will find his way back to the "family," and finds time to insult Kayla by talking about Steve's need for adventure, and Joe's, and insinuating she's the reason Joe bolted. John holds Kayla back, and outside, wonders why Kayla cares, since she moved on with Fynn. John points out how much Steve loves Kayla, Kayla seems to be of Simone's mind, Steve always craves adventure, bla blah. John says that Kayla is PART of that adventure. Just make things right. (Amen, brother.)

At the police station, Roman, Shawn-D, and Lani talk about the River dredging and the murder of Deimos. Shawn-D is sceptical about Nicole's guilt. Rafe enters, concurs with Shawn-D. Rafe would have believed it a few years ago, but she's not that person anymore. Roman says there's a witness, a video, etc. The witness is Kate Roberts. (This somehow doesn't manage to convince everyone that Nicole is innocent.)

In the police conference room, Nicole paces and flashes back to Deimos trashing Daniel. She says, "I failed Victor, and Maggie...but I didn't kill you Deimos." (Odd thing to say.) Roman and Rafe enter, review the evidence, tell her there's a witness and a video which shows her fighting with Deimos. Rafe advises she call an attorney. Cut to Belle, whose phone rings. Back at the Conference room (which is now empty), Nicole explains to Belle about the Deimos dilemma. (It seems Brady referred Nicole to Belle if DJ Wear had legal troubles; Belle also mentions that Brady bought Nicole out.) Belle is on her way. Rafe re-enters, wonders what's up with Deimos, Nicole figures out the witness is Kate and that she's being set up. Rafe is chatting with Nicole about Deimos, whom Hope saw her with. Belle enters, ceases the talk. Belle wants the scoop. Time passes, and we fade in to Nicole and Belle on one side, Rafe and Roman on the other side of the big table. She is telling them about Helena Tassel and her scheme to help Victor and Maggie. Belle points out they have no case, since the "witness's" video "conveniently" stopped recording. Later, alone with Belle, Nicole wonders how anyone can take Kate's words seriously. (Amen, sister.) Belle says she should go home, Deimos will turn up in the morning, but for now, stay away from Kate!!

By the "river," Shawn-D and a uniform find an earring and bag it. Later, they find a blood spot on the tree.

At the hotel, Joey is nervous, goes out to get snacks. Steve wants to clear the air with Fynn, appreciates that he was looking out for Kayla. Steve says he owes Fynn. Later, after John tells Kayla about Steve, they are all magically together in the hotel room. Joe apologises to Kayla, worries about her condition. Joe admits that he found part of himself in the commune, and has realised he doesn't want to go looking for trouble anymore. John is flying out, Kayla wants a moment with Fynn. Steve and John leave to talk about a client. Fynn tells Kayla that there's nothing that needs to be said. Outside, John fills Steve in on the case and makes a joke when he figures out Steve's distracted, wondering what they're talking about. Inside, Fynn says they could be great together, but he can't compete with what she has with Steve. He'll see her back in Salem. Fynn will catch a flight back later, will see friends here in LA. Gives her the car keys. She thanks him, gives him a hug. Outside, Joe, Steve, and Kayla are ready to go (John's cab arrived, so he's gone), she gets woozy.

At the police station (while Belle is advising Nicole to stay away from Kate), Roman and Rafe have nothing solid. Shawn-D and Lani enter; that may have changed. The cops talk about the evidence; Nicole and Belle come out of the conference room. Nicole leaves, but can't leave town. Belle tells Shawn-D she's not available for dinner, not tonight, but he promises to make her favourite soup (Chicken & Stars). Lani watches. They plan to watch some episodes of a TV show together, but Belle must be ready to defend Nicole. Back in the conference room, Rafe and Roman discuss the case. Rafe doubts Nicole's capable of murder.

Kate has a martini, looks triumphantly around the Kmansion living room. She recalls confronting Deimos and pushing him into the tree. Much later, Nicole shows up and slaps her. Kate sticks to her "I saw you kill my husband" line, says she has documents to prove she married Deimos (despite Nicole knowing there wasn't enough time). Kate will show off the papers if Nicole can wait, claims they were already married, she just loves weddings and wanted to fly to Vegas for one. Nicole vows to find out what happened to Deimos. Meanwhile, Deimos' body has washed ashore somewhere.

Last edited:
Belle needs more income, she has been in that dress for several Salem days now. Good job being a stand up guy Fynn. I love Kayla when she is feisty and pulls no punches. It's about time one of the adults told little Jade off! Isnt Shawn supposed to be in forensics? Seems now like he is a cop or detective.

Last edited:
Belle needs more income, she has been in that dress for several Salem days now.

Actually this is still the same Salem day that Ciara and Claire were in court, etc. Everyone is in the same attire except Nicole.

Really liked the brief Belle/Shawn scenes. The flirting was cute and romantic. She also mentioned they couldn't go out to dinner the night before because she was sick but I'm pretty sure that's an editing error as I thought they were supposed to go out tonight.

Loved that Nicole mentioned she thought Belle should hate her. I'm guessing this is because of Eric.

Today's episode seemed to be choppy editing across the board but we got movement in a lot of things. Aside from the LA house, I liked the mix of characters and how they interacted with each other.

Jade: Nobody calls John Black "Dude" let alone a brat like you

Kate: Please go visit Carrie and Austin permanently

GREAT use of John today. I wonder if his own wheels were spinning in regards to Marlena.

I like the Johnson family matching jackets. :)

Today's episode seemed to be choppy editing across the board but we got movement in a lot of things.
Yes, and yes. It was hard to keep up with while writing the summary. BUT it makes for a less boring episode.

I have no use for Kate and I have no use for Roman if he believes her for 1 second. Belle and Shawn-D are cute together, but they should NEVER have been split up. I hope Lani doesn't have some lame story coming up (à la Fatal Attraction) and that she is, in fact, okay with what Shawn-D and she had. (Or, might have had, since so much was edited out.)

John = AWESOME on all levels. I had hoped for more for Jade, I hope she gets turned around. (Remember, this show made a rapist a romantic lead on more than one occasion.)

I see no Drama in this Deimos mess. Maybe, if we didn't know what Kate did, but as it is, this is just wasting time. Move on, please!

Rafe would have believed it a few years ago, but she's not that person anymore. Roman says there's a witness, a video, etc. The witness is Kate Roberts. (This somehow doesn't manage to convince everyone that Nicole is innocent.)
How can this not be? If anything, it should be convincing evidence that whatever happened to Deimos it's Kate's doing. One would think by now that when it comes to Kate, Roman's and Rafe's b/s antennas are finely-tuned instruments. Also regarding Kate, she should realize that what happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but whoever goes into the Salem River washes up in the most inconvenient way for those responsible.
Jade: Nobody calls John Black "Dude" let alone a brat like you.
Those were my thoughts exactly when the little brat opened her big mouth. As for her "mentor," Aunt Simone, somebody should tell this manipulator of young "minds" that the '60s are long gone, and that if all Days viewers decided to "release [their] negative energy" about her, she'd be vaporized in a flash. Finally, kudos to Belle who actually sounded like a real lawyer today, telling Roman what a poor case he has against Nicole and then giving her good advice about staying far, far from Kate. (Naturally,the writers then make Ms. Walker look foolish by having her imitate Jenny and seek a pointless confrontation.)

Last edited:
It would serve Kate right if Aiden's hurry-up fake marriage certificate looked something like the one below. Could anyone reasonably expect this befuddled shyster to do any better on short notice?

Marriage Certificate

Salem Hall of Records
Salem City Hall

This is to certify that the undersigned Clark M. Clerke did on this day 8 June 2016 join in unholy and bogus “wedlock”

Katherine Roberts Brady and Deimos Kiriakis

with their sort of lawful consent in the City of Salem, in the faux presence of

Jeremy Horton and Owen Kent who were witnesses.

Clark M. Clerke
City Clerk of Salem

Printed by Salem Fun Fakes
Not for Official Use!

Last edited:
Thanks, Jason.

Interesting Nicole told Roman, Rafe and Belle about Victor's plan. Will that help
her or not.

Every time someone said "down by the river". I thought of the song "Down
by the riverside"

I enjoyed Belle and Shawn too. Just like old times. Lani isn't happy about it at all.

It was funny when John was talking to Steve about their new client. Then
John said Stefano has risen from his grave and is going to kill us all. Steve
didn't care.

So Kate doesn't have the fake marriage certificate yet? So we aren't sure Aiden agreed to help yet? I only got to watch the 1st half of the show as the station used the 2nd half because of a small plane crash where all 3 people were killed.

I miss POP tv.:(

Once he was proven to be the real Aiden, there's nothing preventing him from working as a lawyer. He was held hostage. Would've been like telling Rafe he couldn't be a cop again, after coming back from being held by the DiMeras.

And as far as him planning on killing Hope and changing her life insurance policy beneficiary, they have no clue he was the one who did that. He's told everyone that he was grabbed after their engagement.

There would be a good reason for Aiden quickly being reinstated to the bar. Anywhere else the Office of the Courts would be puzzled by a dead lawyer asking to practice again. However in Salem, the dead rise so often that there are probably are procedures for such an event.

Gentlemen:
Earlier this year, I was declared dead after supposedly being killed by the now deceased Beauregard A. Brady. However, I was actually imprisoned by Stefano and Andre DiMera and it was my body double who was killed by Mr. Brady. Since I was in good standing at the time of my reported death, I hereby request that my name be reentered on the list of admitted attorneys.

Sincerely,
Aiden Jennings, Esq.

Dear Mr. Jennings,
We understand completely. Body doubles and a return to life by those believed to be dead are commonplace in Salem. You are hereby reinstated to the practice of law and we wish you well in the future.

Lawyer, M. Lawyer, Esq.
Office of the Courts
P.S. We strongly suggest that you steer clear of Salem's less-than-scrupulous citizens in the future, most notably Mr. Deimos Kiriakis, Mr. Victor Kiriakis, Mr. Andre DiMera, and especially Ms. Kate Roberts Brady.

Back