Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar 12, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Lucas arrives at Will's apartment to see Arianna, who is napping for a change. Lucas wonders what Will's doing. Will explains that he's going over his notes, looking for something to get rid of Paul. Lucas asks if that will solve the problem. Will acknowledges that he did wrong and is the one who will have caused the rift if he loses Sonny. Will wants to know what Paul wants and what he's willing to do to get it. He could do PT anywhere. How can Will & Sonny fight for their marriage if Paul's always around? Lucas wonders if Will is planning to blackmail someone. Will doesn't know, but Lucas agrees to go over the notes with him. Lucas comes across a (badly photoshopped) photo of Tori, asks if that is Paul's mother, says she's been in Salem before, as it appears she's standing in front of the north side of the lake. Will agrees it looks like the lake, but how can they find out? Lucas thinks Hope can help, but how will this help Will's case against Paul?

Paul and Tori meet at the bushy clearing. They need to have an honest conversation about Sonny Kiriakis. Why does Paul think they have a chance to get back together? Paul explains that he's not really sure how he has a chance. Seems Paul thinks that Sonny only got married because he was unavailable. Tori is shocked, and orders Paul to stay away from a married man. Paul begins talking about how Tori never got the chance to marry his father, who died before he was born, and thus she was stuck being a single mom. Tori corrects him and redirects the topic back to his attempt to break up a marriage. He knows this couple isn't happy because Sonny's husband cheated on him. Eventually, he adds that Sonny's husband slept with him. Cue shocked Momma look. Paul relays the whole sordid mess, nobody pursued anybody, Paul was hurting, etc. Tori tries to point out that there is no way that things could work with Sonny, because he either married Will because he has deep feelings for him, or is not the kind of person worth marrying.

Hope and Aiden smooch outside Club TBD. Hope thanks him on behalf of Abigail for getting the charges against Ben dropped. They are discussing weekend plans when John comes up, exchanges introductions. They jabber about one of Hope's old cases, Hope remembers the details precisely. Later, they have gone over the details, they have the right guy. John leaves; Aiden is grinning, talking about how Hope switches into another "mode" when she's a cop. She threatens (jokingly) to come see him in action, more flirting and smooching. Lucas calls to ask a favour, she arranges to stop by on her way to work, then goes back to Aiden, who discusses a big date night with her. Hope wants to be surprised. John sneaks back in to talk to Aiden. John's not trying to read him the riot act, thinks Hope is wonderful since Aiden's come into her life, wants to talk about Chase. Apparently John's getting back into little league coaching, will be glad to see Aiden in the stands, they joke about being strong parents. John was the same way with his kids, but not everyone's so fortunate. They need to raise funds, some kids don't even have a glove. Aiden spots Paul Narita (who has wandered into the square), thinks if he could sign a few jerseys, all would be well. John knows him.

Earlier, Daniel enters his office (?) where Melanie is waiting. She cancels their lunch (and stops him from talking about Mandrake) because she's been called in to work. Daniel goes to call Nicole, explains to Melanie that Nicole was going to make them lunch. Melanie explains Serena has her key, to drop off books. They exchange awkward looks.

Brady and Eric are talking in the hospital when Jeannie T comes over and tells Eric that although she's keeping away from Melanie, Melanie spends all her time spying on her. She brings up Kristen and how Brady can "really pick 'em" when Melanie comes over. Jeannie tells Melanie to tell Eric all about Dr Mandrake, then explains who he is and how Melanie is snooping on her. Brady and Eric hold the girls back from a fight, with Eric pulling Melanie into Daniel's office. Brady and Jeannie T talk about how Brady banned Melanie from investigating her, and how that caused a fight. Jeannie doesn't hide her evil grin. In Dan's office, Melanie goes on about how Jeannie T loves to torment her, Eric says he's pulling for Theresa, but wants to talk about Serena. Back at the nurses station, momentary break in Jeannie T's attitude before she starts gloating about the Brady/Melanie fight. Brady gets angry, tells her they made up, stay away from Melanie, Melanie is done with her. Back in Daniel's office, Eric laments that Serena is leaving, Melanie thinks they're great together; Melanie agrees to assist Eric in working to get Serena to stick around. Melanie believes Serena is smart, confident, and you know where she stands. Brady comes in, Eric leaves, smooching and kissing, Melanie does not care how it went with Jeannie T. At the nurses Station, Jeannie decides she must have a Melanie-free afternoon, and texts Eve to meet up for a drink (or a few, LOL). A nurse comes over and says there's a payroll snafu, needs to be handled ASAP. Jeannie groans and goes to handle it.

Replay of Serena entering the Jonas apartment and picking up the elephant as well as her own. Nicole pops out of the backroom, Serena is startled and drops the elephants. Nicole wants to know what she's doing there. Typical catty interaction as Serena explains what she's doing there and looks over Nicole's chef outfit questioningly. Nicole tells Serena to be gone when she's done getting ready, goes back into the back room. Now Serena can't tell which elephant is which. Daniel enters, and again Serena is spooked. Serena explains what she's doing there, Daniel knows, apologises for the mixup. Serena is confused, last night they had talked and Daniel said he was through with her. Nicole comes out (with her coat back on), apparently having heard this. Nicole hopes nothing was broken, but Serena dodges, apologises for not knowing about the new developments between Daniel & Nicole, the whole while backing up out of the apartment. Daniel wants to know what's going on with her. What was he planning to cook in his bedroom? Nicole wants to know why she needs to stand in line, why is she trying so hard? Daniel pulls her in to a kiss.

In a dark location, Mandrake and Clint are meeting. Clint apologises for being careless with Dr Mandrake's number. Mandrake is sure Jeannie T is off the scent, never really had it, and that's not why Clint was summoned. He gives him an envelope. Much later (near the half), Mandrake explains that Kristen was pleased with Clint's work, wants his services again. Clint thinks this might be dangerous.

SECOND HALF**
Hope is looking at the picture, agrees it's the lake, thinks Paul's mom is beautiful, wonders what the Horton Boys are up to. Lucas asks Hope if there's any way to know for sure, Hope spots the DiMera boathouse in the background, and there's not a doubt in her mind.

In the square, Aiden and John gush over Paul, who wonders how much help he'll be now that his career is over. John says he has a lot of fans in this town, maybe more now that he's shown such courage. Aiden asks for a few autographs (very funny scene). Paul is happy to help.

After their kiss, Daniel tells Nicole he's interested, but he wants to be careful. He was expecting lunch, is "so hungry," but won't comment on her buttoned-up coat. Nicole respects Daniel's needs, but wants to know about her needs. She enjoys being with him, wants it to happen more often, with fewer onlookers. Daniel asks for her help tie shopping. Are they good? Daniel thinks he'll live, Nicole thinks she'll manage. They plan to see each other soon. Nicole is outside when Daniel asks for clarification about the "anything broken." Nicole explains that Serena dropped the elephants when they met before, Daniel says there's only one, Nicole looks stymied.

Serena and Eric run into each other in the bushy clearing, she gives him the brush off, she's just finishing up a big project that's about to pay off. Quick kiss and she's gone. Alone, Eric says, "I'll talk to you later."

Jeannie T comes back out to the nurses station, apparently having finished fixing the snafu, just as Melanie and Brady are smooching and snogging. Jeannie T watches as she waits for the elevator. The lovestruck duo sees her as they approach the elevator, she lets them take it, goes toward the stairs.

Mandrake says he & "Mrs DiMera" (obviously we know it's Kristen, but note that her name is not actually said today) are confident Clint can do this job. He gives him a plane ticket and says, "Go, finish..." (he has a severe case of mumblemouth, sounds like "finish it we both do") as Clint looks at a picture of Jeannie T and a picture of Brady.

Paul is at Will's door, knocks and announces his presence. Lucas answers. Meanwhile at the hotel, Will arrives at Tori's hotel room, saying he needs to speak to her.

At her hotel room, Serena realises she's got the wrong elephant, because there's no secret apartment compartment inside. Back at Daniel's, he's sure there's only one elephant. Outside, Nicole is perplexed.

Those **asterisks above indicate that there was no clear demarcation between first and second half, as characters were moving around nicely, but it made the outline of the show choppier.

Wow, could it be any more obvious who Paul's father is? Yeesh. I'm really hoping there's going to be a twist here, but...not holding my breath!! I did like the mention of John's coaching days, but aren't Little League coaches usually ex-pros or current parents? Nevermind, in Salem, DA PLOT must flow!! :rolleyes:

Loved the crummy photoshop job on the Tori picture. Would it have been that hard to take a picture in front of a lake?? LOL Meanwhile good to see the town iPad is so useful in Will's investigation.

I was really hoping Serena had the right elephant and we'd never hear about it again. And that Daniel would think Nicole is crazy and drop her, so she can stop being so pathetic & needy.

I also loved how it never occurred to Lucas TO GO TO THE LAKE. ONLY IN SALEM!!! LOL (It's not like the lake can be that far away, right?)

Could anyone catch what the heck Mandrake said? I listened to it 10 times (actually 10) with the volume louder each time, couldn't get it. Did he have marbles in his mouth for this scene? LOL

Thanks for the summary, Jason. This episode was good, which is refreshing after the dull shows from yesterday and the day before. I liked how so many characters were intermingling (John with Aiden, Lucas and Will with Hope, Eric and Melanie). Now it seems there'll be some movement (finally) in the Brady/Theresa/Eric/Serena/Melanie story arc.

Thanks for the summary, Jason. This episode was good, which is refreshing after the dull shows from yesterday and the day before. I liked how so many characters were intermingling (John with Aiden, Lucas and Will with Hope, Eric and Melanie). Now it seems there'll be some movement (finally) in the Brady/Theresa/Eric/Serena/Melanie story arc.

Let's not hold our breaths on that, ok? LOL

Meanwhile these episodes ARE nice to watch, but hard to summarise!! I almost switched to an act-by-act summary because of Melanie, Hope, and Paul moving through sets but didn't feel it necessary since it was mostly confined to the end.

Thank you, Jason......I think Mumbles Mandrake said......go finish it, both of them.

Hope did say something about the pic of Tori being taken on DiMera property. So...was she visiting Stefano, working for him? Was she possibly there when Stefano had John down in that lab, brainwashing him into Robo John? Was Tori sympathetic towards that poor fellow?
I am thinking that while Tori seemed to recognize John, he just may not know her, tho she worries he might???

Dang it, they really are gonna drag that stupid elephant switch junk out even longer now??
And yes, there are nice guys who volunteer to coach, along with dads. My friend who had 3 daughters, was a boy scout leader. :)

Thanks for the line Poirot. I don't have captions on my TV (what a newfangled hunk of junk, LOL).

I guess I thought John was a little long in the tooth to be coaching, but I'm all for anything that gives him story. Well, almost anything (his boinking Kristen or having a duo of dopes for sons, notsomuch!!).

I was wondering why they couldn't take a picture in front of a lake and photoshop the boathouse in the background - have we seen the lake on-screen ever? I can recall the river, pier, and whatever beach they always go to, but not seeing a huge body of water like that (at least not since Steve & Kayla's wedding).

And I'm really hoping one of two things happens: A) the above mentioned Nicole/Daniel over scenario; or B) Serena makes another ham-fisted attempt to recover the elephant (which we know now has a secret compartment), gets caught red-handed, Nicole is redeemed, everyone begs her forgiveness, she smooches Daniel but realises she can do a whole lot better and tells him to kiss off. (I must be having a fever-dream.)

replaced word....JS

That pic COULD be one that belongs to the actress, and let them use?????

Serena realizes she's got the wrong elephant, because there's no secret apartment inside..

:rotfl: Sorry Jason you did a really great job.... much better than I could ever do.... in Salem that statement that there isn't a secret apartment inside... actually makes sense...there could be living arrangements inside an elephant

Look forward to seeing the show this evening...

I thought it was a pretty good episode; the thing about soaps is characters tend to exist in hermetically sealed bubbles. In other words you don't see one set of characters interact with characters that aren't involved in each other storylines. So I liked the way characters mixed and matched like Hope interacting with Will and Lucas and Paul meeting Aidan for example.

However I have to say the only thing I could think of while I watched the Serena/Nicole/elephant scenes was: "Gosh, I really MISS Gabi. I think it would be really cool if she could make an appearance in May around the time of Arianna's birthday. If not then I have a feeling we'll see her around the 50th Anniversary in the fall." Now I suppose it's possible that's exactly the kind of thoughts the writers were hoping to invoke with those scenes. If that is indeed the case then I have to say mission accomplished writers kudos. :clap:

Thanks for the line Poirot. I don't have captions on my TV (what a newfangled hunk of junk, LOL).And I'm really hoping one of two things happens: A) the above mentioned Nicole/Daniel over scenario; or B) Serena makes another ham-fisted attempt to recover the elephant (which we know now has a secret compartment), gets caught red-handed, Nicole is redeemed, everyone begs her forgiveness, she smooches Daniel but realises she can do a whole lot better and tells him to kiss off. (I must be having a fever-dream.)
replaced word...JS
Or how about C)?: Before "Bluebird" can make the switch, silent Parker discovers the secret compartment, which contains smuggled diamonds. He then swallows some and has to be rushed to the hospital. Sourpuss Eric and and outraged father, Dr. McScruffy, then put two and two together and realize that Nicole was right to be suspicious of Serena, etc. Elsewhere, Tori proved that she wasn't fit for life in Salem: she actually believes in honoring marriage vows. How quaint. As for John, a man who's rediscovered the benefits of a good marriage, he demonstrated what's wrong with the Salem P.D. -- conferring with Hope about some convenience store holdups and apparently failing to mention the rampant drug sales that are going on all over the city. Finally, a mention of today's exercises in dumb and clueless behavior. Will wins the dumber-than-dumb award for his investigation of Tori, while Melanie is today's Ms. Clueless for actually believing that Serena is a great person.

It seems to me Tori is very afraid of John seeing her... she wants to stay away from him knowing he will recognize her.

The way she was talking to Paul about his father and the way Paul acted (having an affair) the affair it really hit a nerve with her, as I suspect it is what happened to her.

I'm thinking she went to bed with a married man and has been lying about his death all these years to Paul and her father.

Like we couldn't see the "wrong elephant" coming a mile away:rolleyes: Serena is so dumb, standing there looking both elephants over (Really the writers are so dumb) Pick up Fred and & take Ed out of her bag place Ed on the table and leave salem with Fred in the bag. BYE BYE
EXACTLY! It was all I could think while she is standing there looking so stupid with one in each hand. She could have swapped & been gone before Nicole came out. Grrrrr.

I did like the interaction between characters not ordinarily in scenes together. Whatever the excuse, John was with Hope, Aiden, and then talked with Paul, who also met Aiden. Hope was with Will & Lucas (try to remember when you saw that last...if ever. And now Paul is with Lucas.
So...Mandrake wants Clint to "finish it" with Brady & Theresa. Interesting.

Can I say again that Melanie/Brady/Theresa/Eric put me to sleep? Just throw Serena in and it is nap time.

I distinctly remember when I last saw Hope with Lucas. It was when she was grilling him trying to pin that loser Nick's murder on him. I recall distinctly bristling a bit when she called him 'sweetheart.' (As you may know, Lucas is a favourite of mine.)

I really liked Aiden's scenes with John, and the other day with Nicole. Far too much of this show is "bubbles" in general, I like the mixing things up. (They don't do it as much because the filming schedule makes "chemistry tests" unfeasible.) I really enjoyed Paul with John/Aiden, despite its obvious setup nature, it was fun to see people joking, talking positively, and smiling! Overall I would love more episodes like this, hard to format at times but make it less obvious what's going on. (Think Jordan/Rafe; Hope/Aiden; Paul/Will; Eve/JJ; Clint/Mandrake, etc.)

Back