Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar 19, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At Salem U Hospital, Daniel is telling a nurse to check on Brady every 4 hours, and to kick Melanie out in an hour, when Abigail enters and asks about Brady, who will be going home in the morning. Abigail reports that Jennifer is worried, causing Daniel to flash back to him accusing Jen of lying about JJ/Roxanne. Abigail and Dan then talk about JJ, and how he's crashed since Paige, but now seems happy. Abby goes back to work (WOW!), and Daniel pulls out his phone.

At the Horton House, Jennifer tells JJ he's looking handsome. JJ's never been so nervous, doesn't think Paige will show. Jennifer thinks that if Paige didn't say no, she must be willing to talk. Jen gets a call, tells JJ not to answer any calls from Daniel. Don't talk to him about anything, focus on Paige, keep Abigail in the dark. The more people who know, the better chance Paige may find out.

At the Pub, Paige is stirring her drink thoughtfully; Cole approaches and asks if she's ready to hang out. Sure, she says; they leave.

Later, JJ is in the VERY DARK arch/steps area, alone. JJ is about to leave when Paige appears, she couldn't stay away. This means the world to JJ. He again apologises for hurting her, will never do it again. Paige still can't get over how JJ was hooking up with this other girl, then one day decided he wanted her back, feels like if she could talk to Roxanne -whom she never really wants to see again- maybe she could understand. After some reluctance, JJ offers to give her Roxanne's number; Paige refuses. Paige asks if JJ hurt Roxanne; Paige can't understand how someone could be sleeping with JJ and not be hurt when he broke up. JJ says that every time they were together, "she" knew that Paige was the only person JJ loved. JJ never stopped loving her, he stayed away because he didn't think he was good enough for her; but now he realises that what she thinks is important, and he hopes she wants her.

At Paul's hotel room, Tori is explaining to Sami Will that her being in Salem way back when had NOTHING to do with Paul. Sami Will doesn't buy it, tells her that she met his father here; he noticed a date in the corner of the infamous photo, dated 9 months before Paul's birth. Tori wants to know why Will is torturing her. (Her words.) He claims he's trying to save his marriage, thinks Tori is lying about Paul's father being dead, like she lied about never having been to Salem. Will threatens to tell Paul, Tori begs him not to. Will says they can both help each other, but Tori says she can't make Paul leave before the benefit is over, though he'll lie low until then. That's the best she can do. Will agrees to trust Tori to keep Paul out of sight but will detonate his truth bomb in Sonix about Paul's father if Paul doesn't leave town. Tori doesn't think Will knows who Paul's father is; Will understands why she doesn't want anyone to know Paul's father is a DiMera.

In the Square (which has artificial, but dusky lighting), Paul and the kids are yukking it up while John watches; Sonny approaches from the side with a smile. John asks if Sonny's ever met Paul. They've met, Paul explains; John just saw Will, who doesn't know Sonny's back already. John thinks this will be a terrific surprise for Will, it will make his day. The kids call John over, Paul explains that he stuck around to help Mr Black raise funds. Paul doesn't think he should stick around if Sonny & Will are going to work things out. Sonny says that's not the only problem. Paul tells Sonny to cut Will some slack, Sonny was the only guy Will was ever with, maybe that's why Will made "the mistake." Sonny can't believe Paul's defending Will, Paul backs down, thinks it's best if they don't see each other. Sonny thanks him, Paul says all he wants is for Sonny to be happy. Paul goes back to the kids.

Marlena flashes back to Paul's telling her about bedding Will; shakes it off, then knocks on the door. Eric apparently called her, worried about Serena. Eric is contemplating following Serena, wants to make sure Marlena would be OK with it. Marlena thanks him for staying while John was in the coma, but it was to be temporary, she'd be OK if he has feelings for Serena and leaves with her.

Outside Club TBD, Serena is leaving a voicemail for Melanie. Nicole (wearing that awful ostrich coat again) enters from the side, brings up how odd it was that Serena dropped TWO elephant statues. Why did she lie and say there was only one? Serena cracks a joke about Nicole forgetting to put all her clothes on, were both stressed, must have been having trouble, LOL. Nicole notices the snippy nature in Serena, Serena doesn't want to be challenging each other. Serena doesn't want to do this, leaves for her date with Eric. Nicole remains sure she saw two elephants, but does in fact have something better to do. She goes to Daniel's, was going to help him pick out the tie for his big presentation, he had an emergency patient - AND ACTUALLY DOESN'T TELL HER WHO BECAUSE OF HIPAA!! - texted her that it was off. She didn't see it, but has something else planned anyway. She plans to shave him, even though she loves the way he looks, but she reminds him about a cranky old board member who hates his five o'clock shadow. It'll also show his willingness to change. Next, a slow montage of the shaving. (Blecchch.) (I admit I fast forwarded through this but there did not appear to be dialogue.) Later, she's finishing up on his shave, their faces are close as she gets the hard-to-reach places on his chin & upper lip.

At "Edge of the Square," Serena has a slinky black dress on as she comes up to Eric, who introduces her to Navidad. (Boy, her outfit is weird.) Navidad leaves with a glare at Serena. Eric tries to get romantic, but Serena seems nervous. It's not about leaving Salem, though, which is a ways away. She asks Eric to get her another drink, then leaves Navidad and angry voicemail. Eric brings over her drink, she claims she just got a message from her boss that she needs to deal with now, even though she was really looking forward to "our" time. She promises to make it up to him; they exchange kisses and "I love you"s. After she leaves, Eric looks worried. Later, Marlena enters, wants to know what happened.

Later at the Horton House, Jen has brought Abby some tea so they can sit & relax. Abby is staring pensively out the window, relays her convo with Dr Dan, she is upset that JJ keeps so many secrets. They used to share everything, now she knows nothing about what's going on. Does Jen know? Jen fumbles, doesn't want to say anything, lets it slip that JJ is hoping to meet Paige, and this elates Abby. She orders Abby not to tell ANYONE about Paige & JJ talking. Abby questions JJ's thought patterns in hooking up with Roxanne, Jen says he realised he made a mistake, and Abby asking questions would just make it harder for him. Abby agrees.

John finishes up with the kids, who depart; Will arrives, wonders what's going on. John goes on about what a great guy Paul is, of course Will must know that since they spent all that time together, how he's helping raise money, he'll even send Will the photos (from today) so they can go on the website. Will is clearly ambivalent, but says great. They part company; John is excited for Will's surprise. Meanwhile Sonny arrives at his apartment, looks around and wonders what's going on.

Back at the hotel, Paul arrives, Tori asks about the photo session, which was fun; Tori checks that they'll be leaving before Sonny Kiriakis arrives, and Paul drops the news that they saw each other. Tori is shocked he went to see Sonny; Paul says it was a coincidence they ran into each other. Tori hopes they didn't talked, is shocked when Paul admits they did, but Paul states that it's clear Sonny wants to work things out with his husband. Paul will stay away from them. Everything will be OK, she should relax.

Outside Serena's hotel room, she is again trying to reach Navidad, enters her hotel and looks shocked.

Will is outside his apartment when his tablet rings, it's the photos of Paul & the kids from John. He backs into the apartment, and turns around to see Sonny. Will wasn't expecting him, they hug; Will missed Sonny, is glad that they're alone so they can talk. Sonny points to the desk full of Paul junk, says, "First you sleep with Paul, now you're obsessed with him?"

And we end with JJ asking Paige if she can forgive him.

Wow. Really sloppy editing. Cole just vanishes from the scene, I even went back to check what happened.

The Daniel & Nicole shaving scenes were :sick:. I actually think I'd rather see hate sex...but it's a tough call. I just don't buy them as a couple.

I also don't buy that Paige & JJ have this great, everlasting, endearing, forever love. I'd like Jen to tell JJ about all of the various great loves his uncle Mike had. Each one was the end-all, too. :rolleyes:

Sonny looked terribly depressed. Bravo to Freddie Smith. I don't think I'll ever support Will/Sonny again, even if they work this mess out. Of course, when the writers change character traits again, it could be a different story. :wink:

I still think "Edge of the Sqaure" is a stupid name for a club. I do like the pseudo-80s music they play though.

Love Paul with John & the kids. With Sonny, no. People need to stop making excuses for that miserable spawn of Sami. (Speaking of Will, he seems to forget he has TWO half-sibs who are DiMeras, and that until recently he thought EJ was the schnazziest dude in the world.)

Abigail is pointless lately. Didn't she have a boyfriend? Wasn't he recently almost in BIG trouble? And yet all she can do is worry about her brother's romantic life? :eek:

Tori sure didn't correct Will when he surmised Paul's daddy's a DiMera, but then again, she didn't admit it. I still hope it's nobody connected to Salem. (Could have been the DiMera dockmaster, LOL.)

I don't understand Navidad's fashion. Is this to make her look exotic? I have seen that style of dress (form-fitting but with a hood that covers half the head) elsewhere but it looked especially out-of-place to my eye in today's episode.

Let's all pitch in to burn Nicole's coat...!

donat.jpg

I did like that Daniel DID NOT tell Nicole about Brady because of HIPAA - but I have the feeling this will come between them in the near future when she finds out Brady was hospitalised. I also laughed out loud when he told the nurse to kick Melanie out in an hour!!

Though I wish Nicole had better things to do than grovel to the Mighty Dan (while I used to root for them, I don't anymore), and though I also wish the actresses' talent wasn't wasted on a shaving scene (which couldn't even compare to the scene where Robert Redford is washing Meryl Streep's hair in the movie Out of Africa), the line of the day does go to her, when she told Daniel : "You need a shave !" Well... Amen, sister ! It's about time Doc Mc'Scruffy got cleaned up.

I just hope this elephant stuff picks up soon and Nicole can actually do something and expose Serena, while Eric continues to look brainless, watching the train go by, not able to do or say anything, except making the same sourpuss face over and over again. (I can't believe the guy didn't pick up on how shady his new "friend" Navidad looked !!!!)

It's official : I hate the character of Will ! (Yep, "Sami Will" is right Jason !) Run, Sonny, run !

JJ, Paige, Abigail, Jennifer : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Paul : There's still potential for this character. I like him. And I like John. Too bad he's now being used as filler. Again, let's pick up the pace and use this great actor that is Drake Hogestyn (John).

I'd have much preferred John & the kids in the foreground, and Sonny and Paul in the background during those scenes. John was terrific.

I really like Paul, not crazy about his mother. I just don't want him constantly telling Sonny about Will. Let them crash & burn on their own, LOL. Right now anyone who takes Will's side even for a second is my enemy.

I forgot to mention, not only is the Nicole zebra/ostrich thing back, but today Serena was wearing a fuzzy leopard coat. It was like a battle of the jungle women for a minute there!!

Oh, My Gosh, Huge kudos to the writer who penned that line of dialogue ...Daniel....you need a shave"!
Of course all Nicole's purring as she poured on the honey to make Daniel agree to a shave were time filler. As was the dumb shaving scene, as it seems the "5 o'clock shadow" was still there.
Glad Nicole was wise to Serena constantly changing the subject away from "2 elephants".

Yep.....Will has crossed the line, big time. And Sonny is not looking too happy to be back.

Considering Will's Mother, what else can you expect? The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Just hope he grows up sooner and better than his Mother did. I hope if Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) comes back for the 50th, she's a mature, grownup version of Sami... with the three kids SORASED to teenagers.... not, however, holding my breath!!!!

I WISH Tori had kicked Will in his man-parts and showed him the door.

She gets nervous because Will has a picture of her pregnant on Dimera property. Unless a Dimera is pointing a finger at her belly with the caption "that's my baby" overhead in bubble form, what proof at all does Will have that Paul's father is not dead. Tori and Will are idiots.

Nicole attempting to shave shirtless Daniel Something I'd have preferred to go my entire life without seeing.

Thanks for the summary Jason. While I think the shaving scenes sound gross, at least Daniel got shaved!!!

I'm sick and tired of Will. He's really grating on my nerves. However, I do think the storyline with Paul, Sonny, John, Tori, etc is really heating up and getting good. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Tori never denied anything about the DiMeras, but it wasn't confirmed either.

Good point, Jason, about bad editing: where did Cole go? That's about the only thing I care about regarding the Paige & JJ "love story". It's so pathetic that Jennifer and Abigail have nothing better to do than gossip about JJ's love life.

As for Serena & Eric, it's a shame that Marlena's great character was wasted on this stupid storyline today. I'm over Serena, Father Boring, and Navidad already. Marlena should either be involved with the stuff with Paul, or have another storyline of her own.

I am so glad we got another installment of Serena and the Preposterous Pachyderm Predicament!! :clap:How's that for alliteration? I rather liked it if I do say so myself, which I do. I did have a thought though wouldn't it have been a kind of a kick in the head if Rafe and Navidad saw each other and gave each other a big hug like they were cousins or something? I know that won't happen but if it did it could mean more airtime for Rafe.

BWA-HA-HA-HA "Airtime for Rafe." I swear I kill myself sometimes and I got a million of them.

Will, Will maybe the reason Tori doesn't want it to get out that Paul's father "is a man named DiMera" is because Paul's father ISN'T "a man named DiMera" you amoeba. I just know that when the truth comes out Will is going to look even more pathetic then he already does and when that happy day comes I am going to point at my TV screen and laugh and laugh.

It's perfectly natural for a parent and sibling to worry about a child-brother-sister when they are going through a rough patch. But something about Jennifer and Abigail's conversation made me wonder which one of them was going to help JJ into his jam-jams, tuck him into his bed and read him a bedtime story when he gets home.

Considering Will's Mother, what else can you expect? The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Just hope he grows up sooner and better than his Mother did. I hope if Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) comes back for the 50th, she's a mature, grownup version of Sami... with the three kids SORASED to teenagers.... not, however, holding my breath!!!!

There was a point where Sami was a mature, grown-up version of herself. Right after the green wedding and with Rafe also; however, TPTB took her right back down rather quickly to her immature self. I was really getting on-board with grown-up Sami!

Oh, My Gosh, Huge kudos to the writer who penned that line of dialogue ...Daniel....you need a shave"!Of course all Nicole's purring as she poured on the honey to make Daniel agree to a shave were time filler. As was the dumb shaving scene, as it seems the "5 o'clock shadow" was still there.
Dumb it was, but who would think that Dr. McScuffy would ever get a "makeover." Such an event would be too far out for even the "Faux Spoilers" thread.

I WISH Tori had kicked Will in his man-parts and showed him the door.
She could do more than that if hack writer Will prints a story claiming that Stefano is Paul's father, but it turns out that it was John Black or somebody else. Writing an article that falsely states that any woman hit the sheets with the Phoenix is most definitely libelous. It would be a fine turn of events if the immature brat and sleazy Sonix were hit with a multi-million-dollar defamation judgment. (This would be a great case for Aiden.) Finally, Serena "Bluebird" Mason better watch out for that Navidad. This woman looks like too tough a customer for even the DiMeras or the thuggish Clint.

Thanks Jason :)

WOW, Daniel got shaved. I hope Brady will be next.
using-shaving-cream-and-razor-smiley-emoticon.gif

I like Nicole's odd looking coat. It's great for jokes.

Twice this week, the hospital has been doing a better job
with HIPAA rules. Theresa called hospital yesterday and was
told she couldn't get any information.

Serena's dress was strange. I thought she was undressing
herself before she got into her hotel room.

Where or where did Cole go?

John and Marlena were on today's show, but not together

I loved how Sonny and Paul looked at each other. Sonny had a big smile.
Then he had to go home and find all the stuff Will had out about Paul.

I don't understand Navidad's fashion. Is this to make her look exotic? I have seen that style of dress (form-fitting but with a hood that covers half the head) elsewhere but it looked especially out-of-place to my eye in today's episode.

Grace Jones, in "Vamp?"

Great posts from everyone!

Why can't anyone in Salem ever finish a date? Paige and Cole's seemed really short and Eric is always being left by Serena!
I also thought Nicole and Serena's coats were going to jump off and fight each other, it would be so funny if one of the ladies made a comment about it.
Navidad's get up was equally odd!

Will is just so annoying! I would love it if Paul found out he was harassing his mother and threaten him in a plot twist.
I am glad Sonny is back and let's see what excuse Will has for him now.

JJ and Paige - I hate that JJ keeps thanking Jennifer for this chance with Paige! I don't believe this great love either.

Well, if Sonny noticed all the "Paul" stuff spread around.....and they are supposed to now be having no secrets, and be truthful......do you honestly think Will is going to tell Sonny that he was trying to find out more about Paul's MOTHER's past, and who fathered Paul? Talk about weaving tangled webs. LOL

Back