Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 23, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At a diner, Steve and Kayla worry about Jade tricking Joey into getting back together. They learn Tripp doesn't work there anymore. They learn from the owner that Tripp caused him an injury; Steve can face anything with Sweetness by his side. Tripp will be lucky to have Kayla in his life. A young blonde enters and stands tough with the owner; Steve's eyes get big. There's a kerfuffle over stolen tips and back pay and a female employee that the owner groped. Tripp dares the owner to call the cops. Steve intervenes, punches the owner. The owner leaves to call the cops. Tripp thanks Steve, wonders why the intercession occurred. I think I'm your father, Steve says. He invites him to sit down, he'll handle the owner (Charlie). They sit, Steve introduces himself by name, this is my wife Kayla. Tripp (last name Dalton) has been on a quest, they talk about their mutual connection Raymond, they rehash the died-as-a-baby plotline, etc. A DNA test will tell them for sure; Tripp seems content with this information when all he came to the diner for was his last paycheck. Tripp asks about his mom.

At the Kmansion, Sonny is furious about Deimos and is yelling at Victor. Recounts how Chad, Abby, and Gabi are missing and Deimos was threatening them.

At TBD, Paul, Dario, and JJ are trying to figure out where Chad is. They have zoomed in on Chad's phone screen or something, read a message, zip to the docks.

In the warehouse, replay of Chad getting threats from Jigsaw, oops I mean Deimos (who's on the docks). He has to decide whom to save, flummoxes, finally gives it to Abby. Meanwhile in La-La Land, another fake flashback of baseball times before Chad pitches the bottle to the recently-loosed Gabi. Dario, Paul, and JJ burst in, they have called an ambulance. The girls are choking, get carried out.

Meanwhile, Deimos has a fit, tosses his phone and headphones. He goes to the Kmansion, where Victor asks about his retaliation plans against Chad making him choose between Gabi/Abby, admits it didn't go as planned. Victor wonders what happened to Deimos's mending of his ways. Victor lays down the law.

At the teen apartment, Jade and Joey talk about how weird it must be for Joey to have a half-brother whose mother was the user Ava. She assures him that she'll never tell anyone he killed Ava. He leaves the room; while he's gone, she gets a call from her mom, offering her money she doesn't want. Joey brings in medication for her, wonders who called. Jade says it was a reporter. She plays the "I'm alone and have no money" card and rests her head on his shoulder. Later he's reviewing her meds with her. She asks about pain meds, there are some that she can take only when needed, leaves. Jade reasons that Joey only is around when she needs him, takes some pills with water.

At the hospital, Chad is telling the unconscious Abby that he loves & needs her. Dario enters, updates on Gabi, convulsions have stopped. Both men admit they couldn't have chosen, couldn't have let anything happen to either one of them, even though Chad now regrets that they both may die. Chad steps out, Dario grabs Abby's hand, says she must pull through, he's in love with her. She wakes up saying Chad's name. Dario is relieved, Chad returns, is so grateful, kisses her (Dario leaves). Abby slowly recalls what happened, asks about Gabi.

Also at the hospital, JJ and Paul are watching through Gabi's window. JJ laments Deimos's evil plans, wants the score settled. JJ leaves; Paul calls Sonny, tells about the poisonings. Sonny is on his way, but before he leaves, runs into Deimos. Deimos plays it cool, Sonny gets in his face.

Again at the hospital, Sonny gets briefed on the plot by Paul, then Sonny blames himself for this situation. Paul (and later) Chad reassure him he couldn't have known what Deimos could do, was after Chad. Chad steps away to go talk to Gabi's unconscious body, kisses her hand.

At the diner, Steve tells Tripp about Ava, they were together a long time ago, never told him she was pregnant. Tripp wants to know why Ava gave him up, Steve says Ava's father forced her to. Tripp asks if she ever tried to find him, Steve says more info after the DNA test. Tripp wonders why Steve doesn't like talking about Ava. All will be told after the test, Steve promises. The police arrive; Tripp wants to run, Steve goes out to smooth things over.

Paul and Sonny go in to Abby's room, Sonny wants info on Deimos, vows revenge. Abby begs her cousin to end the war. Abby asks about Gabi, Paul puts his hand on the downtrodden mini-gangster's shoulder, says she's hanging on. In Gabi's room, Chad is continuing his pleas, Dario enters, asks if Chad shouldn't be with his wife. Chad leaves, sits in the waiting room. Deimos enters, gloats.

I see they are giving Sonny slicked-back "mobster hair" instead of his usual Big Boy look.

latest
bobs-big-boy-statue-222x300.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you for the laughs, Jason and JS. Love when you do riffs about Sonny's hair.

Thank you for the summary, Jason.

So it takes poisoning people to make Victor question Deimos' mending of his ways?!?!? Geez, I guess the previous kidnappings weren't enough to push Old Vic over the edge, but adding a little poison did the trick of making it out of line.

Deimos is so irredeemable. I had thought maybe the poisoning was a bluff but he did poison Maggie. I had forgot that. Its a shame he is so bad. I like Vincent Irizarry (Deimos). Wish they would have given him a good character. While I'm sure Abby is happy that Gabi is going to be ok too, she will still have issue with Chad giving half to each of them. I think though that even if he just thought of Gabi as a friend he would have done the same thing.

I'm liking Tripp. Am a little surprised that Steve maybe being his dad came out so quick.

Over all, pretty good episode. However, Vic making excuses to Sonny over what Deimos may have done was a big much, even for Vic. What a lot of hooey about protecting the family business. C'mon. Deimos stole the Orwell, and the antiquities were also stolen and illegal. Even in questioning Deimos, who told almost all did not set Vic off....until Deimos said he doesn't care a fig for Sonny,. Deimos is actually turning Titan into the kind of business DiMera Enterprises was..and that Chad is trying hard to make legitimate.

I liked that Chad stayed by Abby's side all the while, but did not like him kissing Gabi's hand when he went to see her. I liked that JJ went to make a police report.

But I really loved Patch, Kayla & the interaction with the new fellow, Tripp. Hard to believe the owner of that diner would argue as he did with an employee, even an "ex" in front of customers. And I don't mean just Patch & Kayla. Others were there, but left.

And so Jade is willing to risk her life, her healing liver, just to keep Joey at her side?

I also thought it was a pretty good episode but it looks like I was off base about the IV's not really be filled with poison. I guess that gotta make Deimos as irredeemable as possible.

I know most of you thought last week's "flashbacks" with Gabi and Chad playing baseball were silly and inane and inconsistent with what we know of their past relationship. But today showed they were actually genius, I tells ya, genius! Why do I say that? Because how else would we know Gabi would understand Chad's hand-signals and ear-pulling? Oh I suppose he could just said "Gabi, catch!" But that would have just been silly. :)

Like Poirot, I didn't care for Chad kissing Gabi's hand either. That means despite what Chad has told both Abigail and Gabi about committing to his marriage he is still sending mixed messages. I just know that once Gabi wakes up that she will inevitably have a flashback of that kiss. I'm glad that they didn't go the Disney route have her eyes flutter open ala Snow White or Sleeping Beauty.

I know this before but I'll say it again: Could they please let her move on? *sigh*

So far, I am liking Tripp, Steve's son. Seems like a good actor but after he finds out about Joey and Ava, what is there to do with him? He looks to old to be with Ciara or Claire or Jade but too young for the Chad and Abby group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

I laughed when Deimos had his temper tantrum

It's good Jade went home since Abby had to use her bed.

I guess Jade is going to do things so Joey is always by her side.

Did Abby hear what Dario told her?

I was right yesterday, Chad was going to do something to save them both.
He's lucky Gabi grabbed the bottle in her condition. It could have hit the
floor and broke.

When I saw Chad tugging on his ear, I thought of Carol Burnett.

Victor had the line of the day "Just because someone is missing, doesn't
mean they were kidnapped"

Thanks for the summary.

Horrible what they are doing to Jade. As if the other teen love triangle wasn't bad enough...these writers will never learn, will they?

Everything else about the episode was lovely. Very well-done, concluding this small storyline while bringing it into the fold of other emerging ones. And I really like the interaction between JJ and Sonny/Paul. Can't wait to see, though, how Gabi and Abby react to the fact that Chad gave them only half and couldn't choose. Dear, oh, dear.

I think though that even if he just thought of Gabi as a friend he would have done the same thing.

Can't wait to see, though, how Gabi and Abby react to the fact that Chad gave them only half and couldn't choose.

I don't think either woman will blame Chad for his decision.

There really was no decision to make. Even if Chad hated Gabi like he did a few years ago, was indifferent to both women, or didn't even know one of the women in the room, any decent person would try to save both women. Only in Deimos' sick mind was this a contest to see which woman Chad loved the most. It was really a dumb story all around and I hope it is now over.

I liked how Victor didn't even bat an eye, much less show any outrage, at Deimos kidnapping and poisoning his wife's niece and the mother of his nephew's child.
Yes, Victor was certainly a bad boy today. If Maggie hears about it, she'll send him to bed without his warm milk and home-baked cookies.

Regarding other characters:

Sonny: In addition to looking more like "Big Boy" than a tough guy, he really should learn some discretion. If he keeps blabbing to Deimos about how he's going to take him down, he just might wake up one morning as a prisoner on some secret Kiriakis island.

Deimos: Wherever he is, Stefano is having a good laugh over Deimos's latest kidnapping fiasco. Victor's nasty little brother should really consult the Phoenix's popular guide, Revenge Plots That Work for Dummies.

Tripp: Steve and Kayla really should make a few Salem truths known to him: 1) the results of paternity tests are subject to change without notice; 2) surprise, out-of-nowhere children (and parents) are common in Salem so he'll fit right in; and 3) Ava could have faked her own death or may return to life someday.

Last edited:
I have to say I am enjoying this Deimos story more than I expected. They certainly seem to be setting him up to be the an enemy of just about everyone in Salem. I am also a bit conflicted about the whole Abby/Chad/Gabi/Dario quadrangle. At first I was on the Chad/Abby bandwagon but I really have enjoyed the heat in the Abby/Dario scenes. I find it preposterous that any woman would be as 'gracious' about her husband admitting he also loves her 'best friend' just because he was honest about it. Seriously?

Chad wants his cake and to eat it too, so he deserves neither one of them. Gabi should finally find someone else who is not unavailable for one reason or another. Given the change in the actresses playing Abby, I think a relationship with Dario could be very interesting with a good story behind it. To me they have more on screen chemistry than the current Chad and Abby. Overall, though, a good week on DOOL.

I laughed when Deimos had his temper tantrum
I did, too! I thought the whole thing of him talking into his phone among the boxes outside the warehouses was silly! Oh well, like I said I am just happy the kidnapping wasn't stretched out like the last one!

And I really like the interaction between JJ and Sonny/Paul.
I liked this, too!

I hope we see other family members visiting Abby and Gabi in Friday's show - if they are still there.

Funny about that teen apartment, no one else is EVER there!

LOL, true. Guess Claire & Theo are either out somewhere, or upstairs in the bedroom. Ciara was spending the night at mom's. I still don't know why Ciara felt the need to move out, but guess they ALL did not parents knowing what they were doing, how they were living, etc.

Back