Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 9, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Paul and Sonny meet in the Square, Paul reports that Deimos has kept profits high by swiping antiques. Later, they've hacked Deimos's email. It's boring. Sonny decides to go old school, wants to tail Deimos.

In the DiMansion, Chad has the goods on Deimos, plans to cut off his funds by getting their middleman. Abby is worried because André has convinced Chad to sell the stolen goods rather than turning Deimos in. Gabi enters as they are kissing. Abby and Gabi head to a belly-dancing class, it will be a good workout, and Gabi can write about it for her blog. They leave. Chad gets the name of Deimos's Bulgarian middleman (Grigor something) from an offscreen André, the thug is in Salem, they'll make a move. Later, Chad meets with Deimos's guy, offers him an exclusive arrangement. Gives him a song and dance about profiting from selling the artifacts back to the rightful owners. Guy says no way. Chad implores him again, learns he has meticulous records. Chad goes out to get one more thing, Gabi and Abby have entered. Guy thinks that the dancers are for him, Abby does not correct him. The guy's wife was a belly dancer, he is impressed by Chad's work, will enjoy watching them perform. Abby convinces Gabi, they dance. Guy will break with Deimos, work exclusively with DiMera. He leaves; they talk about how fun the dance was, thankful he didn't want more, they will get Deimos where it hurts. Gabi leaves but not before seeing another Chad/Abby kiss.

At the hospital, Hal has Kayla at syringe-point, Steve tries to talk him down, hold Joey back. Hal wants a liver now or Kayla dies. Hal wants strings pulled like Kayla did for Brady, which she reminds him nearly cost her her license. Steve talks to Hal about regrets, recognizes Hal is scared, full of regrets about not being there for his kids. Every moment with your kids is precious. Joey also lays in to Hal, is this how you want to be remembered? Hal blames Joey for turning Jade against him. Hal is working his way out of the room, still holding Kayla, who freezes a nurse who tries to help. Joey and Steve stay back on Steve's orders. Jade appears. This is his only chance, he explains. Jade thought Hal had changed, maybe they'd have a new chance; but how could he hurt someone whom she cares so much about (re: Kayla)? He drops his syringe, is punched and cuffed. Steve and Kayla embrace. Later, Joey and Jade hug. Kayla laments that she couldn't help Hal. Jade apologizes for her dad, but feels the Johnsons are her family. Steve says there will be charges against Hal. Kayla compliments Steve on keeping cool in a crisis, hopes Steve still doesn't feel like he should have to make his abandonment up to them.

At the Brady Pub, Valerie approaches Eli. Eli is cold, has been ignoring her texts. Eli is mad that he'll never get to meet his "real" father. Valerie contemplated telling him many times, but didn't want Eli hurt by David's wandering. A son wouldn't have kept him around, it didn't work with Scotty. Eli refuses to go back to Washington, D.C., wants to be with his family here. Julie enters, she and Doug have returned from spending time with Scotty. Eli snarks at Valerie, who wants to continue talking later. Julie wonders what's wrong. Nobody tells her, so she goes to order chowder, but Eli speaks up. Apparently he called her there. Eli doesn't tell her. Julie talks to Valerie, tries to convince her to stay. She thinks of her as a daughter, wished she and David had worked it out and had a family. Julie can't say anymore, turns to leave. Eli stops her, tells Julie, "Your son, and my mother had a family. They had me." Valerie confirms it.

Julie (really shining moment here) looks again at Eli, sees David's face in Eli's, says it's true, "I'm your grandma." Julie turns to Valerie and her expression turns on a dime, talks about her and David's breakups and makeups, and the last time they broke up, he never returned. Her best friend/neighbour married her, accepted her baby, raised him. Julie is sorry, learns that Eli's father (Terrence) died in the line of duty. Valerie tries to apologize, Julie bolts, Eli follows. Abe enters, comforts Valerie. Later, they are seated, Valerie has apparently told all, Abe is sure Eli will come around.

Eli has pursued Julie, apologies for coming after her, but Julie doesn't want to think about Valerie's choices. Julie feels that Eli is strong, sensitive, and a good man. She woke up this morning with an empty heart; now her heart is full. They hug.

The Guy calls Deimos, tells him he's done, Deimos will make him pay. The Guy has the goods on Deimos, if he disappears, it will go to the ISA. Hangs up on Deimos, who rages. (Sonny has witnessed this.)

Kayla tells a uniformed cop that she feels Hal's actions were affected by an adverse anesthetic reaction. Steve's a little flummoxed. Then he tells Kayla that Raymond, the man who sold his and Ava's baby for Ava's father, contacted him. The boy's alive.

I thought the belly dancing sequence was hilarious, could not stop laughing. Those girls had the costumes, the moves, head tossing, etc.

Steve was so calm and cool trying to talk Hal's anger down, talking of no time left to make things up for your kids, when you thought you'd have all the time in the world. Amazing the man had so much strength and determination a few hours after surgery. Glad Jade came out. Joey made things worse, for sure.

Loved Sonny's expression when he walked in on Deimos yelling at Grigor over the phone, making threats, etc. Big grin when Deimos hung up the phone, and Deimos does not even know (yet) Sonny is standing there. LOL

Thanks, Jason. Good job, better show today than yesterday.

I thought it was funny when Chad told Grigor (on the phone) that his father raised him to appreciate art. Since when did Stefano "raise" Chad?? Unless he just said that to schmooze Grigor, letting him think Chad grew up around fine art in the DiMansion.

Thanks for the summary. A good episode! The bellydancing sounds hilarious! And everything with Grigor, Deimos, Chad and all that was interesting. Cannot wait to see more of Sonny's plot on Deimos. I like this Sonny for sure!

The scenes with Kayla and Patch were also good. I do wish, once again, that Nicole and Brady were shown today.

Color me shocked. I figured the reveal of Eli being David's son would drag out until next sweeps period. Or Christmas. :rolleyes:
This was a Salem miracle. Could the writers have realized that it would be a disservice to the viewers. They're already being subjected to sourpuss Eric on a regular basis. Who needs a grim-faced Eli added to the mix?
Steve was so calm and cool trying to talk Hal's anger down, talking of no time left to make things up for your kids, when you thought you'd have all the time in the world.
It might have made for a good scene if Steve had sent Joey to the local butcher for a calf's liver and then said to Hal, "Here, man, look, here's a great new liver. I've even got some bacon to go with it."
Those girls had the costumes, the moves, head tossing, etc.
If slimy Dario finds out about Abigail's new skills, he'll be after her to perform regularly at TBD. Then he could put the moves on her several times a week.
I thought it was funny when Chad told Grigor (on the phone) that his father raised him to appreciate art. Since when did Stefano "raise" Chad?? Unless he just said that to schmooze Grigor, letting him think Chad grew up around fine art in the DiMansion.
Maybe, crazy D.A. Woods was an art lover. If he was preoccupied with collecting art it would explain why he wasn't much of a district attorney or a father.

No offense to anyone. I guess I'm being overly sensitive, but the belly dancing thing was ridiculous to me. Don't get me wrong, I think belly dancing is fine, a great dance, a great art, good exercice, sure, why not ? But in this context ? Ridiculous ! And... what if the guy had wanted more ? What would have Abby and Gabi done then ? Anything for Chad ? Come on !!!!! Heck, why not have Gabi and Abby come to some kind of an understanding. A "sister wives" thing, if you will ? That's never been done before on Days. A trio. Yeah, that could work. :sarcasm:

So yesterday, in honour of women's day, we have Kayla attacked (and today too) and now, this belly dancing thing ? Yeah, great way to portray strong, independent women, Days' "writers" ! Bravo ! :sarcasm: :angry::angry:

And how bad has Days gotten that I now FF Steve's parts too ?

Sorry, but I'm almost out. For good, this time. I'm bored out of my mind with this stupidity.

Boy, guess I am alone.......I thought the belly dancing was a really fun thing. I know the actors had a ball with it. It was impromptu, and inasmuch as in my little town, they had classes in it (actually for the exercise) which I never attempted, but appreciated that others did, I enjoyed it. I laughed loudly, all the while.

The girls obviously wore the outfits home just to show Chad, so he could have a laugh, walked into a "situation", and tried to help out, as unexpected as it was. I am not going to fault anyone for trying to help in an uncomfortable situation.

Ever hear about the elderly man who was dying, & his Marine son sat by his bedside all night, holding his hand, talking to his dad, who died happy that his son was able to come in time and was at peace. However, his son arrived the next morning, to the surprise of the night staff. Seems that Marine happened to be visiting someone else, this elderly man called to him, calling him "son", the Marine went over and stayed with the man, as his son, giving him the happiness and peace he needed then. People do things, to help.

Yes, this was no where near the same sort of thing, but Abby knew what her husband was attempting to do, in bringing down the dastardly Deimos. The opportunity arose, unexpectedly, to help. And it was a kick.

You know, I have worked all my life, raised a family while doing it, and especially did it while involved in our own business. I do not need a "Women's Day" to recognize my worth. Is there some sin in enjoying and participating in sports, recreation, fun things just because *I am female? Please, lighten up, folks,

Please, do not take it the wrong way, Poirot. But, "women's day" or not, what I don't like on Days, is the sideline role the women seem to always play. I can understand wanting to help, and believe me, I do help whenever I can. But in this instance, it just dumbs down both Abby and Gabi, and frankly, it dumbs down the men too. Again, I stand by what I said, no offense, I found this whole belly dancing thing ridiculous... in this context. It has nothing to do with participating in sports, dancing, or anything else. I never said that because one is a woman, one cannot have fun. Ever.

Last edited:
Let me add here............I thought Julie was outstanding in her happiness at learning that Eli was her grandson, that David did leave behind another piece of himself, without realizing it. (I had read in a spoiler that Julie slapped Valerie at that point, so happy that did not happen, was evidently cut out). Julie was terrific, Susan Hayes was marvelous, Kudos to her.

I liked that Eli went after her, that their coming together was private to them both.

I really liked how calm Steve remained during this crisis, how he restrained himself from taping Joey's mouth shut, and kept Joey back. Would be nice if the lad learned something from his dad right there.

When Kayla thanked Steve for saving her life, was puzzled, as it was Jade who finally talked Hal down. But........Steve bought the time. He talked, reasoned, kept Hal involved with him verbally.

And I did like Jade's final comments to the Johnson's.......I still love my father, but YOU are my family.

And I do have to give high marks to Real Andrews, who portrays Hal Michaels, as he truly did a fabulous job today.

Please, do not take it the wrong way, Poirot. But, "women's day" or not, what I don't like on Days, is the sideline role the women seem to always play. I can understand wanting to help, and believe me, I do help whenever I can. But in this instance, it just dumbs down both Abby and Gabi, and frankly, it dumbs down the men too. Again, I stand by what I said, no offense, I found this whole belly dancing thing ridiculous... in this context. It has nothing to do with participating in sports, dancing, or anything else. I never said that because one is a woman, on cannot have fun. Ever.
Hey, we all have our opinions, and in this case, we will just agree to disagree. You say the belly dancing was ridiculous, I say, tho silly, was fun, different, unexpected, and again, a break from the overly serious drama. I know both actresses has a great time with it.

And I don't think it dumbed down either character, but in fact showed them able to think fast, adapt, and more or less, "save the day". And to me, showed smart, strong, able women. Just as Steve did when he came upon Hal threatening to harm Kayla. He thought fast, adapted, helped "save the day".

Since when did Stefano "raise" Chad??
Exactly, that's why I chose the wording, "song and dance." Not a drip of truth in the pot.
And... what if the guy had wanted more ? What would have Abby and Gabi done then ? Anything for Chad ? Come on !!!!!
My thoughts are the same. I hated the scene and found their dancing to be ineffective for an aficionado.
Yeah, great way to portray strong, independent women
I partially agree, but Kayla was excellent in doctor mode and didn't for one second play helpless. She IS a strong, independent woman.
Julie was terrific, Susan Hayes was marvelous, Kudos to her.
Yes, Ms Seaforth Hayes delivered a tour-de-force performance, turning from shock to elation to vindictive and back again in a matter of moments. The master of soap facial expressions, Ms Grayson Hall, would approve.

I have no use for Sonny at this point. I honestly hope he kills Deimos, then we can be rid of them both.

I liked the Steve parts of the Steve/Hal scenes but there was no real pathos. We should care about BOTH characters but both Jade and Hal are too underdeveloped. I do like that Eli is out and so is the Steve/Ava son. HOWEVER I am still hoping they un-kill David and the kid turns out not to be Steve's.

No, I hope not too! I just found it silly, though I was relieved it didn't turn as sleazy as they were hinting it might be....

Actually that's a great thing about today's episode, I thought the Eli thing would drag out for several scenes, but it was only 2 until the reveal; same with Steve/Kayla's talk about the "son" of his, and then the belly-dancing thing.

I DID like Gabi and Abby being friends. That needs to stay!!

Thanks Jason.

An interesting show with drama and comedy.

Before I saw the show, I saw the scene with the belly dancing on twitter. I laughed out loud.

Chad was lucky Grigor was in town to have their talk.

I laughed when Deimos lost his temper and tore up the paper because someone ruined
his day :)

Great scenes with Steve, Kayla and Hal. Hal better watch out. Joey might kill him with
a pillow.

Hal was arrested by a Salem cop. Wow.

Wonderful scenes with Julie, Eli and Valerie.

Steve told Kayla his "dead" son is alive. I'm glad Steve told her before the son comes
to town. We know that happens a lot in Salem.

Back