Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 9, 2017

Ha! I've taken a few belly dance lessons. No way could I have done ANYTHING like that after one lesson. Ah, that must be one great teacher!
Gabi really had the hips going for a minute. It was hilarious. and bit silly to think that guy was SO impressed!!!! On a different note, I was a little surprised at Julie. I didn't expect such a warm reception for Eli. To me, he looks kinda tough!

Color me shocked. I figured the reveal of Eli being David's son would drag out until next sweeps period. Or Christmas. :rolleyes:

On the flip side though, it almost happened TOO fast. When is the last time we saw Eli? At the funeral 2 weeks ago or was it 3? The show needs to find a middle ground with these B and C stories. Don't shove it down our throats but at the same time we need at least once a week of air time. Right now this story is getting the Adrienne treatment except these are contract players.

belly dancing thing was ridiculous to me. Don't get me wrong, I think belly dancing is fine, a great dance, a great art, good exercice, sure, why not ? But in this context ? Ridiculous ! And... what if the guy had wanted more ? What would have Abby and Gabi done then ? Anything for Chad ? Come on !!!!! Heck, why not have Gabi and Abby come to some kind of an understanding.

I thought the girls did a great job dancing. The show clearly hired a choreographer since they were in sync. But to your point the scenes were ridiculous. 2 belly dancing women are needed to seal a business deal for a major corporation? How sexist. As someone who has an MBA and has worked in corporate America for a long time, that's not how business deals get done. If they wanted to show the girls dancing, they should have showed the class and then showed them getting a drink or lunch afterwards.

I partially agree, but Kayla was excellent in doctor mode and didn't for one second play helpless. She IS a strong, independent woman

I agree however at the end of yesterday's episode, it was absurd that she had her back turned to Hal while he was ripping out cords and getting out of bed. How did she not hear him?

I DID like Gabi and Abby being friends. That needs to stay!!

In the long run, yes. But right now it doesn't make sense given Chad and Gabi's behavior. Abby needs to be more on her guard about this and there should be more tension between her and Gabi. Also, she should be upset about how Gabi is treating JJ. I've never watched the show Sister Wives but that does seem to be the vibe here.

I enjoyed the scenes with Julie, Eli and Valerie. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie) did work. I will reiterate that I hope Ron undoes David's death as one of his first storylines. While he's at it, I hope he brings back Scotty. Time to expand the Horton clan a bit.

Pop up Deimos at the end of the show? No thanks. And I thought he was searching for Nicole?

Can Paul get his own storyline?

The Hal stuff. What was the point??? 2 days in a row consumed with this. I was glad Steve told Kayla the truth at the end. Given that she's already aware that he and Ava had a kid, it seems she will support him.

Boy, guess I am alone.......I thought the belly dancing was a really fun thing. I know the actors had a ball with it. It was impromptu, and inasmuch as in my little town, they had classes in it (actually for the exercise) which I never attempted, but appreciated that others did, I enjoyed it. I laughed loudly, all the while.

The girls obviously wore the outfits home just to show Chad, so he could have a laugh, walked into a "situation", and tried to help out, as unexpected as it was. I am not going to fault anyone for trying to help in an uncomfortable situation.

Ever hear about the elderly man who was dying, & his Marine son sat by his bedside all night, holding his hand, talking to his dad, who died happy that his son was able to come in time and was at peace. However, his son arrived the next morning, to the surprise of the night staff. Seems that Marine happened to be visiting someone else, this elderly man called to him, calling him "son", the Marine went over and stayed with the man, as his son, giving him the happiness and peace he needed then. People do things, to help.

Yes, this was no where near the same sort of thing, but Abby knew what her husband was attempting to do, in bringing down the dastardly Deimos. The opportunity arose, unexpectedly, to help. And it was a kick.

You know, I have worked all my life, raised a family while doing it, and especially did it while involved in our own business. I do not need a "Women's Day" to recognize my worth. Is there some sin in enjoying and participating in sports, recreation, fun things just because *I am female? Please, lighten up, folks,

I haven't been posting much lately but I just had to stop by and say I couldn't agree with you more Poirot. I also thought the belly dancing scenes were great. I especially got a kick out of how Gabi was so reluctant at first but by the end she was the most into it to the point where she had to be kind of dragged out of the room. LOL

I realize humor is subjective and not everybody is going to find the some things funny and I totally respect that . But I just think when we have gotten just an endless supply of doom and gloom that a little silliness- once in a while and I don't deny those scenes were silly- is such a bad thing.

I also agree with Jason about Gabi and Abigail's friendship needing to stay. I love it. I see Heather's point about how realistically there should be tension giving the state of affairs *no pun intended* Abigail, Chad and Gabi find themselves in. But I like the fact they aren't at each other's throats.

I know I been complaining a lot but you know what, today actually wasn't to bad of a episode. First off, hands off to every single actor who took part today. A lot of scenes progressed and the acting made them so much excellent. I for one am glad Eli's reveal to Julie didn't last 6 months, it was done just right and yes Julie's reaction was as real as natural in a circumstance like that. Even the detail with Kayla talking to the police and covering for Hal after the attack was again, realistic.

Another random thing, I been liking the background music lately. The dramatic piano playing in the background, or the oooh Steve has a son music LOL. My eyebrow just automatically starts to arch like John as soon as I hear it!

@TheWriter, please make your break temporary; I don't like to lose Spectators. :sad: If you leave, I will curse in French-Canadian! :)

Kayla's survival odds were fairly good when Hal attacked her. A trained medic should have known that blood vessels are not approached at a 90* angle. Reminded me of Kristen's morgue injection of EJ. :)

Gabi's belly dancing was very good. The writers may have heard about her skill, and thought it would be cute to add a little comic relief.

@Heather4CU, re your view that there should more tension between Abby/Gabi, I would like to say this: "Absolutely!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. I am always dissin' Julie, but today I cannot do this. I really enjoyed her scenes and Julie in general today. She was great and I liked the rapport that her and Eli had.

The belly dancing scene? Put me into the "liked it" group. In my opinion the girls dancing was a fun moment in an otherwise depressing show as of late so I enjoyed the lightness of it. Additionally, it reminded Gregoir (or whatever his name is) of his late wife who loved belly dancing, which is a form of art expression and not always sexual, which in this case, I do not believe it was sexual. Gregoir only thought that Chad did his homework and was trying to win him over in the form of sentimentality.

Kayla, Steve, Jade, Joey, and Jade's father, I skipped through these scenes so feel I can't comment.

Overall, I enjoyed today's show.

Back