Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 21, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In his office, Chad is desperately calling Stefano begging to let him know Marlena is OK. Sonny enters, asks if he's OK, apologises for not seeing him sooner after Kristen's death. Chad flashes back to kissing Abby. Later, Sonny has recapped the punching of Will to Chad (really would have liked a flashback for this LOL), but Chad gets a call and has to excuse himself.

On the plane, Stefano tells Marlena they've arrived...but where? Not in Salem. They rehash Kristen's murder and motives, and Stefano lays the blame on John & Marlena for destroying Kristen's soul. (Have to kind of agree with him on that one.) Stefano declares that Kristen was a beautiful, happy woman who only made the mistake of falling in love with John Black, who couldn't love her like he loved Marlena. Stefano says she died the day she miscarried John's baby. (Really great scenes here!) Marlena continues to defend her role in Kristen's death, advises Stefano to make his life about Chad. He nods at his goon, tells him to "take her, finish it." Later, the goon drops her in a park somewhere with a dead cellphone.

Chad meets with Stefano on the plane, which is on a recently-constructed airfield (probably just outside of Salem based on the Phoenix's comments). Chad asks about Marlena, whom Stefano says is safe; then he chastises Chad for threatening him. Chad tells him he needed to use that tactic in order to save Marlena; Stefano is furious about the new sign of DiMera weakness because he backed down from murdering Marlena. Chad wants to know how killing Marlena would have shown strength, since Kristen was about to kill a bunch of people. Back and forth, back and forth, as Chad declares the family is just the two of them now. Stefano promises support to Chad...but can he offer the same? Stefano's lawyers feel he'll be back in town in a week or two, the charges against him are about to be dropped. He wonders if Chad & Abby are back together. Chad wonders why Stefano is so interested.

In the Square, John arrives and is happy Paul contacted him. Paul calls him a hypocrite for his advice not to interfere in Sonny/Will's marriage because the more he learns about John, the more surprised he is he didn't advise him to have sex with Sonny "on a conference room table." (Sorry folks, Paul is jumping topics, hope this reads clearly.) John tries to provide context, but Paul just pulls out the tired Sami-scarred-for-life, which John tries to refute. Paul doesn't want to hear it, just wants to hear that it's okay to hurt anybody as long as the lovers got to be together. They hurt Will's grandfather, but John doesn't want to list everyone who was hurt. Paul is resolute in his belief that it's best for him & Sonny to be together, but John tells him that Sonny has made it clear what he wants. Paul asks if, all those years ago, if Dr Evans had said she really wanted to stay with her husband, would he have believed she didn't love him? John's reaction gives Paul the answers he seeks.

At the Larson Apartment, Eve sorrowfully looks at the picture of her with baby Paige, and cries as she has a flashback to Paige revealing she knows she had sex with JJ. Someone knocks, and Eve thinks it's Paige. But it's Cole. He's confused by her recent texts, which she feels like was a long time ago. Cole wonders if Eve/Paige had another fight. She reads him the riot act for getting caught; Cole's not worried because JJ has no proof, and tells her he covered for her. Eve tells her JJ has proof, then tells him goodbye. Cole gets scared, says if he goes down, so does she. Eve says she can't be dragged down any lower than she is now. She offers him money to get out of town; every time she sees his face she'll be reminded of how stupid/deluded she was. If he sticks around, she'll see to it that he go to prison. Cole says she will, too; she doesn't care, but she's pretty sure he would be happier out of Salem. Cole is trying to figure Eve out, she loses it and tells him to get out and go somewhere where "nobody knows what a failure [he is] as a human being." Cole reminds her that he'll take her down in a heartbeat if he's ratted out. Eve, alone, looks at the picture and cries.

At 545 Sycamore, The Horton House, Paige comes to the door and gets a surprise. (Who are these people? Why is Maggie there? LOL) She looks disheveled and JJ asks her if something's wrong. She's breathing heavily as the guests greet her. Her birthday is tomorrow, so she's "totally freaked," per Rory (who appears to be recording everything on his phone). The guests have moved into the living room, while JJ wants to know what's bothering Paige in the foyer. She can tell him anything, he claims, tells her they can fix it as he touches her shoulder (and she jerks away). Rory comes in and tells her to watch the video of her entrance, as her face "looks like a ghost just stole your lunch money." He wants her to "check this out" but Daphne tries to get her to lay off. Daphne congratulates Paige on the pending move to California as Paige looks at JJ.

Meanwhile in the living room, Kayla speculates that Paige doesn't like surprises because she's so focused. Jen tries to go talk to her to straighten things out. Back in the foyer, Rory congratulates JJ (he's a true friend) on the move. They all head back in and present the cake as JJ kisses Paige. Abby babbles about the cake as Rory continues to film and Maggie declares that JJ is an honest man. JJ tells Paige that she's too good for him, and he was so surprised when she liked him back; she's more important than anything else in his life. As he speaks, Paige imagines JJ & Eve together (using real flashbacks though, LOL). He tells her happy birthday, I love you. The cake is inscribed "ILYF" for "I love you forever. Paige screams and knocks the cake out of JJ's hands. JJ asks her why she did that, and she hauls off smacks him HARD. She screams that he's a liar, that nothing that came from his filthy mouth was the truth. She keeps him at bay, doesn't want him near her or to hear any more of his lies. He wants to take her outside, Paige won't go anywhere with him. She knows what he did. She knows he slept with her mother. Shocked gasps from the crowd.

JJ wants to know what Eve told Paige; she says Eve didn't admit anything until she forced her, gets exasperated about how JJ has been compounding his lies. Daniel tries to calm Paige down; JJ tries to tell Paige that Eve would do anything to break them up. Paige says that the TRUTH is what did this, not Eve's lies, not even JJ's. JJ keeps trying to explain, if she would listen...Paige drops the bomb that she DID listen, she HEARD him & Eve "an hour ago" admitting to everything they did. Jennifer, Daniel, and JJ blink heavily with lament.

In the square, John and Marlena see each other and hug. Marlena briefly updates him, says it just doesn't matter, she's okay now. He laments not knowing, she wants to know about the baby, and Paul. John tells her the baby is named Tate now, but things with Paul aren't so hot. Later, apparently John's updated Marlena, and she admits that there may be parallels between Sonny/Paul and themselves.

Paul sneaks up on Sonny, wants to talk. Sonny tells him that he doesn't have anything to say to him, especially after he hit will with Arianna in the next room. Paul tells Sonny why he hit Will. Sonny is shocked, wants to know why. Paul claims to be telling the truth, hopes when Sonny asks Will about it, Will will tell the truth. Sonny tries to defend Will, but Paul wants to talk about himself & Sonny. Sonny keeps saying was, the past, etc. Paul continues to think that there's still a chance. Sonny tells him that caring about him is not the same as loving him. Paul asks, do you still love me?

Abby tries to leap to JJ's defense, Paige pushes JJ to admit the truth. His silence gives acknowledgement, and Rory is shocked. JJ tries to profess his love rather than the truth. Paige declares that JJ doesn't know what "love" means. Jennifer tries to get Paige to stop, Paige is shocked that Jennifer doesn't understand what kind of person Jen's son really is, and how many times he's lied, to Paige and to Jen...and she comes to the realisation that Jennifer has been aware of this. This explains so many things, Paige muses. Jennifer was like the mother she never had, she had taught her how to trust...but you're just like Paige. JJ continues to try to talk to Paige, but she wants no more lies from the lying family. JJ finally admits that he & Eve did it, it's no one else's fault. She runs out after saying that's probably the only honest thing he's ever said to her. Everyone's upset; JJ looks at Jen before chasing after Paige.

The shocked guests awkwardly disperse, as Daphne tries to find Paige and console her. Rory tells Daniel he won't post the video. Abby wants to talk to Jennifer; Daniel takes Maggie & Kayla home. Abby demands to know what's going on as Jennifer cries while trying to clean up the cake. Did she know about this before today?

At the Kmansion front door, Maggie asks Daniel if she knew about this. Daniel advises that Jen will need Maggie, who's upset that Daniel knew.

At her apartment, Eve leaves Paige a voicemail, declaring she loves her as much today as the first time she held her. She'll always be her momma, they just need to find their way back.

In a bushy clearing, JJ has caught up with Paige, who wants him to stay away from her. She just wants to know WHY he did it.

My opinions:
I really want Rory to appear more. Can he be John's son instead of that stupid loser Paul?

And Paul...what a twit. He admits that Will lies about everything, spins everything, but believes him about John?

I actually liked Stefano today during the early scenes. The later ones, not so much.

Really felt sorry for Jennifer. (What...did I just say that?) Not sure why, but I really felt bad when she sank to her knees.

I was impressed by Paige's acting. Too bad she's gotten such lame material.

WHY was Daniel all over this party? Can he please leave and never come back? Maggie was also superfluous at a party for PAIGE. Could they not afford 10-12 college-age extras? Did enjoy seeing Rory & Daphne though.

Really getting tired of Sonny's hangdog expression whenever Paul's around. Never thought I'd get tired of anything Sonny did...but, here we are. And does that dumb washed-up pitcher really think that he & Sonny have a future? Wouldn't it be painful to think of WHY his first marriage ended?

And I'm sorry, but comparing a few secret hotel romps to the classic tragic love story of John & Marlena is a high crime in my book. Maybe if Paul were brainwashed by the DiMeras, and Sonny was thought to have exploded in a plane, and Will wasn't completely changed every writing cycle to suit the plot-of-the-month and was really thought to be Paul for a few years, we might have something of a similarity here. But as it is, SONNY AND PAUL ARE NOT MARLENA AND JOHN. Though I wouldn't mind if Will started appearing as infrequently as Roman, LOL.

Back to Paige/JJ, while today was good, it could have been so much better if we'd known Paige as her own character first, then as Eve's daughter, then as JJ's girlfriend. What more can she do in Salem now? Though if she gets material like today's I wouldn't mind her sticking around.

John & Marlena hugged!! :love:

Great show, great summary today!

Love that Paige went off like a nuclear warhead. Dr. Dan looking smug, Maggie looking confused. Kayla looked genuinely concerned for Paige and Dr. Dan whisks her off in the end? Who put him in charge of this disaster?

Rory had the best line of the day- to Dr. Dan, while leaving "hey, don't worry. I won't post (the video) anyplace. No one would believe it anyhow." :clap:

I LOVED the show today! Great acting!!

I've come to think Paul might actually be my favorite character right now! I'm no longer rooting for Will & Sonny. He needs to take it easy on John (and bringing up the conference room table romp was silly on the writers' part), but I can see his point about him & Sonny.

I'm liking Chad, but his scenes today were filler. Same with Stefano, but it was nice seeing Marlena get caught up with John.

Rory was hilarious!!! And his interaction with Daniel!!:rotfl:Just great! And wow, everything with Paige and Cole and Eve and JJ and the birthday party was just really well-done!! I hope that True O'Brien (Paige) is nominated at the very least for an Emmy next year, or maybe can win for Younger Actress. She was THAT good!!

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Well-done (for once), writers!

Yes, was a good show today. Excellent, great writeup, Jason! (Just an aside, but while Paige was really good, 1 day does not make for an Emmy. However, the year is still young, so hopefully, she will continue to get more meaty material than in the past.
Gosh, these writers need to get the book, Writing Soaps for Dummies. LOL. They honestly attempt to draw a parallel between John & Marlena.....with Paul & Sonny??? Shame on them.

Hey Paul, You need to learn about how John's memory was taken away, how he was thought to have been Roman, given Roman's memories, and thus the great love began. Roman held prisoner for years, finally returned to Salem, shocking even his parents. Yes, the entire story, not just the one little incident.

And now, I am so looking forward to Sonny confronting Will about the name calling, the withholding of the entire story, etc.

LOL at Daniel, barely able to control the "I told you so" that he was thinking, that both Jen & JJ knew he was thinking when they looked at him. And how absolutely totally embarrassing for everyone else there, and their awkward departures.
Really, excellent show. Thanks again, Jason.

Today was great with Paige. I am glad that she called him out in front of everyone! Loved Rory "oh, dude" when he realized JJ did indeed sleep with Eve. :rotfl:but I honestly did feel sorry for JJ. I know this is all his own stupid making but he really does Paige. Not sure if they can work through this. Sleeping with mom is pretty bad. Oughta be good when people at the party see Eve. I'm glad this exploded now. I go on vacation and two weeks and would have hated to miss it! :)

I am glad Paul told Sonny that Will said his mom was a whore and that's why he hit him. But seriously did Paul really think John's lead story should have been oh yeah, Marlena was married when we got involved. Right off the bat? So dumb. I mean it was like 30 years ago.

Yes, that is what Marlena was trying to tell Stefano.....who did not care. He did not care that Kristen was attempting to murder marlena herself, plus the 4 other people. If all 5 had died, because of Kristen's psychotic behavior, and Kristen had lived.....only that would have pleased him. That is sick in itself.
And I bet now, he won't exactly trust Chad too much. Kristen stole a baby from it's mother, tried to pass it off as her own, and Stefano thinks that was her right. And all the while he was condeming Marlena....and John....amazing he said not one word about Brady.

Just an aside, but I truly am tired of seeing Stefano downing that brandy, & smoking cigars, with his diabetes, and all those transplants.....and never having repercussions.

Am away and missing watching the JJ-Eve situation blow up. Once again, Rory comes through as one of Salem's good citizens. Somebody else might be going to the same slimy reporter who covered the Sonny-Will anniversary fest, resulting in a headline like SALEM U. STUDENT'S AFFAIR WITH GIRLFRIEND'S MOM REVEALED AT BIRTHDAY BASH. Who knows, maybe Zoe Browning will want Will to write an article about the big reveal -- it would make more interesting reading than a puff-piece on Clyde.

Things which made me clap like a demented seal:

Paul's line about the conference room table - now I love me some John & Marlena but it was still funny.

Rory. All of Rory. Rory filming everything, his "Oh dude!" when he realised that JJ had slept with Eve, his conversation with Daniel, including the awkward high fave at the end.

Paige flipping the cake

Abby's face - she was contorting between "What the bleep JJ?" and "Can't judge, mustn't judge, I did boink a married man..."

I actually kind of enjoyed Dan looking like he desperately wanted to face-palm the whole time too.

I don't think those were real flashbacks of JJ & Eve - I don't recall that blue shirt. Also, I had to rewind it twice because I thought it was JJ naked behind in the shot. It wasn't, it was a beige cushion which looked kind of fleshtoned with the fuzzy filter on.

Loved the continued walk down memory lane but the conversation between Paul & John needed some flashbacks. John had his remembering face on and I was sure they were going to flashback to something from the Conference Room era but no. I liked the Stefano/Chad interaction too. Please god, don't let the reason for Stefano wanting Chad to be with Abby lame!

I stand corrected. In my haste I couldn't check the previous clips of my favourite couple. Paige's flashbacks did appear to be completely new footage, though they were reminiscent of their 11/5 and 12/24 boinking sessions, LOL.

Now that Paige is out of the way, the lovebirds can be together. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I liked the new scenes - just like when Sonny imagined Will/Paul together. Nice touch. I hate it when people "remember" or "imagine" things the way we saw them. Another score for the show today!!

Ya know, I truly detest ANY sci-fi aspect of any story on Days - and the headwriters worked so much with James Reilly, I swear they do nothing but say.....what would Reilly do? This whole stealing embryos junk is so Reillyesque, bugs me no end.

One question: Why is Daniel Jonas crying? JJ's own flesh and blood family members aren't shedding tears. JJ isn't even crying, but Daniel has tears glistening on his cheeks. What the heck?

On a lighter note, Rory: "Oh, Dude!" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
and Paige body slammed that poor innocent cake. :rotfl:

Back