Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 26, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At what I am guessing is the new Martin House Dining Lounge, Shawn-D and Belle are having a meal with Claire (who is lucky to have gotten off so lightly after trashing Mark's car), who asks about their cutesy behaviour and deduces they're back together and spent the night together. They try to put the brakes on Claire's gushing, but Claire says their reunion was inevitable. She gets a text, bolts; Philip sees that Shawn-D and Belle are getting close. Shawn-D is pushing for a reconciliation, says their encounter meant more than just sex; Belle is resistant (Philip eavesdrops, pretending to be on the phone, the whole time). Shawn-D admits he loves and misses the Belle he fell in love with, and admits to being partially responsible for the debacle in Maine. They talk about Philip, what Belle was doing with him, and how he will always put himself first.

At the police station, Lani arranges to get the night off. She tells Rafe she has big plans.

Theo sends Ciara a text asking how the hearing went. She responds, "Hearing went good, but I don't want to see you today. I want to be alone." Theo responds OK, then Hope comes along. Ciara is upset that "Chase and Aiden" ruined their lives, daddy could have stopped them, etc etc. Ciara vows to kill Chase if he gets out. Hope vows that she and Rafe & Roman will keep Chase away from her. Hope pushes Ciara to seek counselling. Ciara resists, but agrees to see Marlena. Ciara's upset when the appointment is made for 3, when she is supposed to watch Thomas. Hope suggests Claire sub for her, Ciara is adamant that only she can take care of "them." Hope is suspicious.

In the Square, Theo runs into Claire, learns of the girls' sentence. They talk about their exchanges with Ciara, wonder what's up with her. Later at DiMansion, Ciara briefs Claire, who asks where Ciara's going. Ciara tells her that she's going to see Claire's grandma, talks about how Aiden's return has sparked new issues, and she can't just make it go away. Claire asks about Theo, whom Ciara seems to be avoiding. Claire asks what she really wants; Ciara doesn't want to hurt Theo.

At Rafe's office in the station, Rafe is trying to help Steve find Joey when Hope arrives to announce the kids got community service. Hope tells him about Ciara's therapy, which she thinks was triggered by Aiden's return and his attempts to help Chase. Rafe is sure Chase won't get cleared. Hope tells Rafe about her talk with Aiden, whom she told not to hurt Ciara if he loves her as he claims. This upsets Rafe, doesn't like Hope playing the former Weston and DiMera employee Aiden. Rafe is convinced that Stefano DiMera "sized up" Aiden and selected him for the dirty work because he saw something "corrupt and immoral" in him. (Ed. Note: :angry::angry::eek::eek:Is that why he kidnapped you, Rafe? :confused: Gimme a break.) Hope agrees with everything Rafe is saying, has brought burgers for lunch.

Belle has taken Shawn-D back to the police station, and she has a meeting with the DA about a case. Shawn-D asks her to dinner, something light like a barbecue. Belle asks about Lani, Shawn-D says, "It could turn into something...unless I have another chance with you.) (Ed. Note: :eek::eek::eek::sick::sick::eek: .) He admits he wants the chance to start over with her, and do things right. She'll think about it.

Philip is in the Square flashing back to a night with Belle when a lady comes up to him, apparently late for an appointment. They talk about PR for his new record company, this lady has a lot of experience in marketing, her campaigns are sexy. He invites her to dinner; she states she is only looking for a job. Belle comes by and taunts him, he claims to be busy. The sniping ends, he is concerned about Claire, but is glad that Belle is happy and she and Shawn-D are moving in the right direction.

At Marlena's townhouse, Ciara recalls running in to Chase after he made bail, and that she's mad at everyone. She's afraid if she stops being mad, she'll just start crying. Ciara is not sure she can handle it if Chase is released. Marlena asks if Ciara fears that Chase will hurt her; Ciara admits she's afraid she will hurt Chase. Ciara knew Chase had a dark side, and she liked it. She worries that she also has a dark side, and can never be serious with any normal guy. Ciara says she can only picture herself being with someone who's unpredictable. Marlena asks if she means like her father and they talk about Bo. Ciara worries about finding love and losing it. Belle comes home, Ciara leaves; Belle realises it was a session and apologises for interrupting. Belle tells Marlena about the sentencing, how she and Shawn-D are working to help Claire. Marlena admits that Claire's world's been torn apart because of the divorce.

Later at the DiMansion, Theo has come looking for Ciara. Claire deflects; Theo talks about how hot & cold Ciara can be, how they spent the night in her bed (just sleeping). Claire talks about how maybe Ciara just doesn't want to hurt Theo, maybe she just wants to be friends. Ciara returns, Claire goes up to check on Thomas, and Ciara tells Theo that they're just friends as he's just not what she's looking for. Theo's upset, Ciara doesn't even know what she's looking for. Claire returns, tells Ciara Thomas is sleeping. Theo leaves.

Back at Belle's Club, Philip is drinking and flirts with the bartender.

At the townhouse, Belle tries to tell her about her divorce, Marlena gets a text or something, has to return the call. Hold that thought. Belle looks at some pictures on the mantle, calls Shawn-D at the police station and accepts his dinner invitation. He'll pick her up at 7. Lani is nearby him, has overheard him making the date, and has figured out that Belle and Shawn-D are working it out. She says they weren't serious, had fun for a while, and she hopes it works out for Belle and Shawn-D.

At Belle's Club, Aiden had been making a shady phone call about something he needs for his case. Later, a something (perhaps the something but I can't be sure) was ready for him. He then goes to the police station office and interrupts Rafe and Hope after their lunch, just before they kiss. He wants to have lunch with Hope to discuss things. Rafe says they just ate; Aiden leaves. Rafe tells Hope that Aiden's not giving up on her.

I find this whole Ciara story disgusting. Sorry for the strong words but after today's show, I have nothing good to say. Theo spent the night in Ciara's bed??????? The couch was bad enough, I don't care if they did only sleep. This chick is a complete walking disaster and no one cares. And, what the heck are the producers thinking putting this picture out?

FB_IMG_1464289549084.jpg

Thanks for the summary.

The teen storyline is just awful. At least we get to see John and Patch as far as Joey & Jade are concerned, but the only thing good today with the teen set was that Ciara finally started her counseling with Marlena. I feel bad for what Ciara has been through, but why was she kissing Theo and sleeping in the bed with him, knowing how he feels (and that might be more difficult because he is autistic), when she has no plans for him because he's "too good"? This is just silly and ridiculous. I feel really bad for Theo. I also hope that Claire has something to do besides being Ciara's sidekick.

Not the biggest fan of Lani, but I feel bad for her. Like Philip, she was basically used. And for what? What was the point of this divorce if Shawn-D and Belle were always just going to reunite? I don't get it. Boring and predictable.

Hope, Aiden, and Rafe receive way, waaayyyy too much screen time. They are the new EJ-Sami, or Daniel-Jennifer, in that sense--not to mention that it seems most views dislike them as a pair, or are disappointed with how they're being written. I just wish Rafe interacted less with Hope and more with his family and friends.

And finally, not a fan of that picture above. Do NOT like the flag being used in that way. It comes across as tacky and disrespectful.

Thank you, Jason. I thought I might've missed something whenever my tv reception went squiffy from the wind, but I was mistaken. This wasn't "must see" tv.

NikkiFan - that photo they released is disgusting on many levels. The worst is using our nation's flag to cover up what is supposed to look like naked bodies. :angry::angry: Shame! Shame! Shame! (Yes, I'd say the same thing if they used the Canadian flag or that of any other nation.)

Daysd - I don't feel sorry for Lani in the least. First, she tried throwing herself at Rafe. When that didn't work, she went after Shawn. She's a conniving, manipulating, spying witch. I just want her gone off my tv screen. (No offense to the actress. She was given a very poorly written character.)

For me, there is nothing redeeming about Ciara right now. Ugh, I just can't.

Poor Theo, she know's he's got issues interpreting emotions and body language and all that stuff, but she's danced around giving him hope that she's interested in him when its been pretty clear since what, November last year, that she's really not interested at all, other than being friends. That's just mean. I know she's got issues but seriously, just no.

The Lani stuff might have been quite interesting if she went bunny boiler on Shawn, but they cut all that out so I don't care about her at all.

The writers must have been exhausted after doing the Jenny pill episode and decided to revert to their current awful "let's-just-mail-it-in" plot lines: the truly awful teens, the Shawn-Belle-Philly K.-Lani rectangle, and the Aiden-Hope-Rafe follies. That said, this episode was filled with road-kill lying beside somebody else's highway to true love: Theo, Lani, and Shaggy Phil. Maybe they could get together and form a support group. Speaking of Victor's dysfunctional son, how does he expect to get good staffers for his one-performer record label by doing interviews in the middle of the Town Square? This may be the norm in Salem, but people from out of town might wonder what kind of shoe-string operation he's running. Finally, if Hope thinks Aiden won't try to keep his only son from being sent to a prison system filled with heavily-tattooed brutes named Bubba, she's delusional. Imagine him saying: "Sorry, son, I could save you from prison, but my love for Hope is more important to me."

Thanks Jason, glad you did not nod off while watching this.:)

I agree with Squirrelly about Lani...She has been a sneaky, eavesdropping, man hungry predator, who went after Rafe, then Shawn both barrells going strong.

As to Theo & Ciara sleeping in her bed......that is when they were listening to music in her bedroom, and both nodded off. Where they spent the entire night sleeping was on the sofa, with Hope checking on them both at times.

Guess Philip's attempts to begin a new company are no different than the other corporations in town, who all use the town square to talk to clients, interview prospective employees, lay out plans for some big project, only occasionally retiring to their living rooms or bedrooms to open their laptops and pretend their entire organization is all there to work on.

As to that pic of Ciara & Theo.......it is hard for me to believe, or understand, the actors agreeing to be photographed that way.

Well, call me a prude then, but I never allowed boys to sleep in my daughter's bed overnight (Theo said they slept in her bed, so apparently two different incidents). You fall asleep, no problem, I will wake you up and drive you home.

@nikki........They did not sleep on Ciara's bed overnight. They were listening to music, nodded off. Hope came home, they came downstairs, told her they were listening to her music in her room, fell asleep. They were fully clothed at the time, & on top of the covers.....definitely not "in bed".
Now admittedly, at the time, I did not think it necessary they go up to her room to listen to the music, but that was where her playlist was, she said.

And.....boys were never ever in MY daughters' bedrooms for any reason. But then, we are not characters in a soap opera, doing stupid things, are we? LOL

Thanks Jason.

Interesting tweet, but one I wouldn't post here. Most pictures done by that photographer
I wouldn't post here.

Theo did say bed... did he forget it was the couch? Maybe he wanted Claire to think something
else. And at their age listening to music in her room with door closed that's not good idea either.

Roman needs to hire Claire right away to the Salem PD. She figured out her parents
slept together.

It was interesting Ciara told Marlena she has a dark side... What does that mean? Do
we want to know? I felt so bad for Theo.

I think Julie needs to rethink the lobby has a dining area even though it's supposed
to be temporary. The table Shawn, Belle and Claire was right by door. That's an accident
waiting to happen :)

So now Marlena has clients come to her home? No more office in the hospital?
I had the same thought.
how they spent the night in her bed (just sleeping)
They did not sleep on Ciara's bed overnight
I didn't remember this at all, just repeated the dialogue that Theo said. Thanks for clarifying Poirot.
Roman needs to hire Claire right away to the Salem PD. She figured out her parents
slept together.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: At this point, she's overqualified.

That photographer is completely independent of the show. He is the one who publishes the photos not the show. He seems to specialize in soaps photos. I agree the photo above is very distasteful as are most of his photos.

I actually like the Shawn and Belle stuff and think it's a welcome change from Summer, Brady/Jeannie, the Hope show, etc. I'm glad the show seems to be taking it slow with them. I do wonder if we will get a Belle pregnancy. My DVR cut off the last 13 minutes so I missed some stuff at the end.

I thought it was awkward how Belle and Ciara acted as if they didn't just see each other a few hours ago.

Disappointed we haven't gotten follow up to Jennifer. I would have rather seen that over Hope and jealous Rafe.

More Claire please

Why can't the characters eat at the Brady Pub instead of at a single randomly placed table in a bed and breakfast?

Last edited:
Back