Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 28, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Jonas apartment, Brady is flummoxed by Melanie's admission that Jeannie T wants to take Tate to California. Flashback included. Melanie is unable to tell Brady about Jeannie's blackmail because of her babbling and the arrival of Aiden, who looks worried. Aiden warns him that he can't promise victory, partially because of Kristen kidnapping Tate. They both have bad histories, Jeannie T's pokering John, Victor's gangster past and investigations by the ISA, are all mentioned. Aiden wonders if Jeannie T is serious about moving to California since she & Kim don't get along. Mel's sure she's serious. Aiden leaves; Brady wants to know exactly what Jeannie said. Melanie says Jeannie said she's still in love with Brady, couldn't stand to see Mel & Brady together. Brady is furibergasted (furious/flabbergasted), rushes out, he'll call later.

In her hospital room, Jeannie T is telling a thrilled Kim that she's keeping an "open mind" about California. Kim's ready to fight for custody; Jeannie T is sure that Brady will do what's best. Kim tries to reassure Jeannie T that she'll be a good mother. She'll stand by her as long as it takes to win custody of Tate. Jeannie T doesn't think that's a good idea, she'd rather work it out privately with Brady. Victor won't railroad her, because Caroline is on her side, and she can control Vic (LOL). Kim will head back to California to wait for Jeannie to return. Jeannie will be okay, Anne enters, she and Kim have an odd moment. Kim leaves; Anne is furious that Jeannie's leaving her and returning to the "land of Botox." Jeannie laughs.

At the Kmansion, Justin is talking with Elsa, can't wait to see her when he gets back to Dubai. Victor enters, is curious as to why he's rushing back. Victor jokes that Justin has to rush back to his mistress, "Olga," says he knew all along, even before Adrienne. Justin won't stand a lecture from Victor, who's no saint, because he has to leave...but Victor says he's not leaving. Later, Victor returns from an interruption, Justin tries to beg off, will call him from Dubai. He's not going to Dubai, or Dublin, or Dubuque...Victor's replaced him. No reason for him to go to Dubai now, except for his mistress. Justin is convinced the negotiations will fail now, Victor tells him "Peterson" will do a good job, and will get along swimmingly with Olga. LOL

In the Square, Lucas and Adrienne tentatively hold hands. Lucas wants to tell Jennifer now that Justin's returning to Dubai. Kate overhears and goes ballistic, why stop there? Lucas calls out her hypocrisy, pointing out that he'd not be hear had she herself not shacked up with a married man. Kate claims that's why everyone in town hates her, she doesn't want that for him. Neither does Adrienne. Kate continues to try to convince Lucas she's out for him, despite stealing his job, he reiterates that he wants her out of his life, once and for all. Kate thinks Adrienne turned Lucas against her. She gets a call, he tells her to take it, needling her about losing distributors, designers. Kate leaves, Adrienne feels bad about the situation; Lucas tells her not to worry.

At Club TBD, Xander congratulates Eric on his pending move, offers him a drink. Daniel comes in, Xander invites him to join. Daniel doesn't want favours from him. Eric steps away, and Daniel tells Xander he's tired of his explanations, which are usually not true. Round and round about the pursuit of Nicole. Daniel isn't buying the "good guy act." Xander tries to tell him he's genuine, but gets a text and has to go. Tells Eric he'll see him in Honolulu if not before he leaves Salem. Outside, Xander calls Navidad, who informs him that Nicole & Serena are together. Meanwhile, Daniel & Eric commiserate about Nicole and Xander, who Daniel believes is dangerous. He's not who he appears to be. Eric muses that's what Serena said; Daniel is aware of this, but reveals no more. Daniel's got to go; Eric doesn't tell him he's leaving.

At her office, Nicole is trying to get rid of Serena, who insists that Nicole is making a horrible mistake. She needs to stay away from Xander. If Nicole gets in too deep with Xander, she will ruin her life & lose Daniel. Nicole thinks Serena's jealous, then that Xander will spill secrets about Serena if Nicole gets close to him. Serena has Nicole's number, knows she's doing this for Eric, getting close to Xander to get to Serena. Serena claims that Xander is unbalanced & unscrupulous, and wouldn't hesitate to hurt Nicole. Nicole claims that Xander is sweet and charming, albeit a bit intense. Serena tells her that Xander is having her watched, offers no proof, just wanted to warn her before leaving town...and she's done. Serena storms out; Nicole looks pensive.

Still in her hospital room, Jeannie cackles, she thought Anne was smarter than that. Anne points out that Jeannie T has a history of making "horrifyingly stupid decisions," but she's glad she's sticking around. Jeannie is distracted, sure Brady will be here any minute to read her the riot act, but she's prepared to handle him. Brady storms in, won't get away with this. Tate is staying with Melanie & Brady, Jeannie T can go to hell. Brady will be in his son's life, and Melanie in his, shouts Brady. Jeannie acquiesces. Brady leaves; Anne is stymied by Jeannie's performance, wonders what her game is. Jeannie points out that Brady's been angrier at her, and they worked it out. Blah blah blah.

Lucas and Adrienne have taken it to the hotel, Lucas forgot how good it feels when he's disowned his mother, asks Adrienne to remind him of this if he accidentally lets Kate worm back into his life. Smoochy time, replete with sex montage.

At the Kmansion, Justin is furious that Victor's keeping him here to work on things with Adrienne. Victor explains that Justin's marriage is the least of his concerns, wants Justin to steer Sonny away from Will. Kate arrives, wondering why Victor summoned her; to meet your new boss, he explains, telling Justin, "That would be you." Victor is upset that Kate lost so many designers, wants Justin to supervise Kate closely. Over Justin and Kate's protests, Victor explains his motivations, hopes that Justin will want revenge on Lucas for sleeping with Adrienne.

In the dark Square, Serena and Eric meet. She's worried, wants to stay with him for the night. Eric wants to know why she's lying to him. She claims it's the move; he asks if it's about Xander. She wonders why, denies it, wants him to take her home and hold her.

Alone in her office, Nicole is getting stir-crazy, thinks Serena's a nut case Closes her blinds, and starts when Xander enters the room for their dinner date. Nicole tries to beg off, claiming she's tired; Xander wonders if she's avoiding him. She really wanted dinner, but wouldn't be good company; offers him a rain check. He brings up Daniel, about whom she doesn't want to talk, so they can focus on themselves. He pecks her cheek; leaves. Alone, Nicole wonders if she's really being watched; if she is, she can't go to Daniel's. What has she gotten herself into?

At the Jonas apartment, Melanie flashes back to learning Daniel is her father, has forgiven Carly, but still wishes she'd been raised by her parents. Daniel enters; Melanie is crying, he tries to console her. Melanie admires how Chloe & Daniel worked things out over Parker, Daniel says they get along great. Daniel has to get something ready for Parker's arrival; Melanie is resolute in what she must do.

In the gated-off park, Navidad and Xander meet. Xander didn't find out what Nicole & Serena talked about. Orders Navidad to keep watching Nicole, if she makes one wrong move, he's prepared to end this whole thing.

Opinions.
WHAT is this show becoming? Victor's motivations make no sense. Justin "supervising" Kate to get back at Lucas? Stoooopid.

Jeannie T/Brady/Melanie...I can't even

I did enjoy Anne, as always, unfortunately she's reduced to being the Greek chorus/thinks character for Jeannie T. I actually miss the times when she was scheming against Jennifer.

Just exactly what is Xander still doing hanging around? And Serena? Why is Nicole involved in this mess? Why is Xander interested in her...so many questions...LOL

Acting note - I'm starting to get the feeling that Daniel's heart's not really in it anymore. I'm not sure if that's what they're going for, or not, but he seems to be "phoning it in" in my opinion. I know Shawn Christian (Daniel) can do better.

Acting note - I'm starting to get the feeling that Daniel's heart's not really in it anymore. I'm not sure if that's what they're going for, or not, but he seems to be "phoning it in" in my opinion. I know Shawn Christian (Daniel) can do better.

Agreed, I think even Dr. Dan is having a hard time figuring out what the heck is going on. Maybe this is Shawn Christian's (Daniel) "motivation". :rolleyes:

Thanks Jason! Although I changed the date for you...it said 5/21! LOL.

I feel like there is hardly anything to comment on the show lately. Is it August yet???? Gee, I hate to wish away the summer but this show sucks! I really hope tomorrow's episode is a new Salem day because I can't take Nicole's dress one more day and if I have to see no-pants Abby I might scream. The way the show ended there were no real cliff hangers so I'm thinking tomorrow's show will be morning. *fingers crossed*

I'm somewhat neutral to Lucas/Adrienne but do we really need to see them in bed again?? I enjoyed the Victor/Justin/Kate scenes. I know it makes pretty much zero sense to have Justin be Kate's boss but I like it anyway. Should be interesting! Then again, with these writers it will probably be stupid.

As to the rest, blah blah whatever.

So I should update my signature again then. *Runs off to make changes*

I totally called it as Justin from the teaser photos. To be totally honest, I'd rather see Kate sleeping with Justin than with Clyde. Clyde is skeevy as hell.

Can't comment on Daniel's acting because I fast forward him. Can't stand his smug face.

I agree Sparkster. The few comments on the Daily Thread speak volumes.

I fast forwarded most of this nonsense. It seemed like every time I looked at the screen, either Daniel or Melanie were on. And when they are not on, they are being mentioned by other characters. Really annoying. They are doing the exact same thing with Eve. Whatever happened to centering this show around the Hortons or Bradys? This Tate storyline has been dominating the show for most of May now.

Can Serena and her tight blue dresses be any more annoying? I'm tired of her phony pouting in every scene. I don't buy her anger at Xander one bit nor do I buy any fear from her. Just get her away from Eric and out of Salem already.

Anne was funny but really adds no value to the storyline. I would have rather have seen Paige be her daughter or niece than Eve. At least she would have gotten a better storyline than being Jeannie's sidekick.

Victor was on fire today. Loved his lines!

And as annoying as Xander is, he is still way more entertaining and interesting than Clyde.

Great writeup, Jason!
I am thinking that Victor truly is "socking it to Kate", but good. She lost control of Stefano's company, got fired, and I think Victor owes Stefano a favor. So, Kate gets Lucas's job, while Lucas takes over in the company the DiMeras own, gets a couple strong helpers to desert Mad World and come with him. Kate is looking like she cannot handle things, and so Justin is to oversee her. Now Justin did protest, he is a lawyer, but Victor overrode him, and Justin looked at him, yep, he understood Vic has a bigger plan in mind.
Too funny when he let Justin know his competition was the man sleeping with Adrienne, who happens to be Kate's son. Made me laugh.

I also agree with you Sparkster about there being little to comment on in regards to the show lately. I look forward to coming here after the show and posting witty, insightful and possibly pop culture filled remarks. But all too often lately I just find myself saying to the screen "Work with me people, Work with Me!" Which was the case today. *sigh*

I feel like there is hardly anything to comment on the show lately.
Ain't that the truth. Today, those with the endurance to sit through the entire episode were treated to more Eric-Nicole-Daniel-Bluebird tedium interspersed with another round of Kate-Lucas-Justin-Adrienne, with a dash of Brady, the Li'l Toddler, Jeannie T., and her loving mother. Speaking of Bluebird, how many of those cleavage-revealing blue dresses does she have? Does she have a whole closetful like the businessman who has multiple, identical suits?

WHAT is this show becoming? Victor's motivations make no sense. Justin "supervising" Kate to get back at Lucas? Stoooopid.
Stupid indeed. Perhaps, Victor doesn't treat Mad World seriously. Maybe, he doesn't care if it suffers from organizational chaos or bleeds huge amounts of money. Instead, it's just a convenient place where he can stick otherwise unemployable family members or stash potential enemies where he can keep an eye on them.

Well, doesn't that just take the fuzz off the peach, Kate calling Adrienne a *bleep*......isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Kate is sporting a holier than thou attitude and with her less than pure past, where does she get off?

removed comment - JS

Daniel didn't even recognize Xander when he first saw him but know all of a sudden he believes he's dangerous. Yeah, right! He's just mad somebody else has turned Nicole's head. I hate this man to infinity and beyond lol.

Theresa is a low-down,evil, gold-digging, two bit rat.

Kate claims everyone hates her because she got pregnant by a married man. Um no Kate, everyone hates you because you're a despicable human being who always puts yourself above all.

Justin said Elsa is not his mistress. I believe him lol.

I loved Victor and his zingers today. Does Victor really know
what's going on in Dubai? He mentioned to Justin he knew before
Adrienne knew.

Interesting Aiden knows more than Brady does about Kim and Victor.
Maybe Hope told him.

Lots of stuff with Serena and Daniel talking about Xander and
how he's acting. Does this mean Daniel will get to save Nicole :)

I wish Lucas and Adrienne would find something else do besides sex.
Actually, Adrienne needs to get divorced before they do anything together.

Thanks for the summary, Jason.

...Kate claims everyone hates her because she got pregnant by a married man. Um no Kate, everyone hates you because you're a despicable human being who always puts yourself above all. ...

Yes, this made me balk as well. I can't tell if she's really that delusional, or that's what these hack writers actually think. :eek:

Thanks Jason! Although I changed the date for you...it said 5/21! LOL....

Oops! I guess I was so enthralled by the show I forgot to change the date!! THANKS!! :)

...Justin said Elsa is not his mistress. I believe him lol.

I really don't know. It sure seems like they're cosy. And that Victor knows about it, and thinks they're having an affair. Either that or these hack writers were faking us out with that scene. (And even they wouldn't stoop that low.) ((Would they??))

Victor has his spies everywhere. And if Justin was spending all that time in Dubai on a some "deal" you can bet Victor had people there reporting back to him. Victor is able to do the things he does by being not just one step ahead, but 5.

And is Kate THAT delusional? Really? She may have had an affair with a married man 35 years ago, and she thinks people are still against her over that? Gee, all those other things just did not matter, huh? Trying to kill Chloe, paying Nicole to marry Lucas, constantly interfering in the custody battles between Lucas & Sami over Will, framing Sami onto death row for Franco's death, climbing into bed with Stefano, affairs with EJ, Nicky Alamain, Moroni, Ian MacAllister, Clyde, and so much more could be added to the list.

If Victor really knows what's going on with Justin and Dubai, he's keeping that to himself
for now. But when Justin said he wasn't having an affair, you wonder what is really going on.

Why does Victor want Sonny's marriage to fail? Because Will is Sami's son?

Hmmm, I think what Justin said was that Elsa wasn't his mistress. But he already told Adrienne he was having sex with Elsa...so???

Victor feels that Sonny needs some fatherly guidance, and knows that Will has lied, withheld truths, not told entire story, manipulated, etc. So feels that Will does not deserve Sonny, who has been steadfast, and is trying to deal with what Will has been doing. Sonny has taken a lot from Will, starting with him leaving with ARianna for 6 mos., being difficult to reach out in CA when Sonny called or texted, then returning suddenly, and doing the piece on Paul, in which he removed his wedding ring before he ever met the man. He had the affair, and not just once.
Will has cheated big time, treated Sonny abominably, and just wants Sonny to look the other way, accept the "I'm sorry", while Will continues to lie, badger Paul, tell half/truths, etc.

However, I don't know how Victor expects Justin to help Sonny, when he has been doing the same thing as Will, within his own marriage.

Back