Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 5, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Paul and John approach Marlena in the Square. John tells Marlena about a trip Paul is taking him on, showing him his favourite ballparks around the world. John is enthused; Marlena seems bummed. She has talked to Eric, who is now the assistant chaplain, starting to warm to the idea of visits. He's asked about Sami, and Marlena wishes there were a way to put the twins in touch. Paul goes to get a refill, Marlena talks about how her kids can't find peace (she only gets sporadic texts from Sami saying, "I'm fine,"). He says sometimes all you can do for grown children is let them know you love them.

Over with his refill, Paul's hand starts trembling. He cleans his hand up, dashes back into the store. Back at the table, John is sure Eric and Sami will work things out, but also sure that Shawn-D and Belle will work things out. Marlena drops the divorce bomb, and they figure out that Philip Kiriakis is back in the fold. Belle loves being in love; Marlena tells John about the prom fiasco as well, John feels the need to have a talk with his granddaughter, and she throws back his remark about "grown children" to calm him down. Paul returns, Marlena notices he has no refill. Brady walks by (see below).

At the police station, Rafe has summoned Dario to give him a flyer for mentoring at-risk kids. Dario is not the one about whom Rafe should worry, posits the con, who says Rafe should focus on Mami, lest she fall for Eduardo and spend her golden years with a murderer.

In a really nice house, Adriana receives a visit from Eduardo. She asks him what he's doing here, he says they have to talk. (They say it in Spanish, no subtitles, but that's what they said, folks.) She seems reluctant to let him in. Despite her reluctance, he shows her some grocery bags, plans to cook her lunch. He reminisces about a date they had, how nervous he was that day to ask her to marry him. She says of course, you needed a cover. He admits it, but says she is the only woman he wanted, He fell in love with her, which was painful because he knew he'd have to walk away from her at some point because of his job. He still pursued her, can he come in? Adriana says he knew the answer to that when he said huarache (which can also be spelled guarache, FYI); she lets him in. They reminisce about how this was always the first solid food she gave the kids, they talk about Baby Rafe, and he helps her slice an onion. (Sweet, romantic moment.) They are close, Eduardo asks if it's coming back to her.

At Brady/Jeannie's townhouse, Jeannie T is talking to a "Mrs Martindale" about how great DJ wear is and how Nicole is committed to the company. She ends that call (it was on a landline), gets another, pretends to be her own secretary making a statement on Ms Donovan's behalf. She calls (using her cell) Brady, frantically begging for help. She then calls John as well.

At the Hotel, Clark is waiting for Summer, who has brought Brady instead of money. Actually, Brady brought the bucks, gives Clark $50grand. Brady says consider it an apology for the con Summer pulled on Clark, but it's a one-time thing. If Clark tries this again, there'll be trouble, he's close to the DA. Clark gets the message, leaves. Summer hugs Brady, doesn't know how she'll ever repay him. He's upset about Summer's grifting past, how Maggie took it, how Daniel knew everything about her.

At the Hernandez house (?), Eduardo and Adriana are close, she's crying (from the onions, she claims). He caresses her face, saying he really misses her. Gabi enters, got done with her photo shoot early. Gabi gives them the side-eye as Adriana says Arianna's still napping (she's a good sleeper like her mama was), admits the huarache looks good, but has a lunch date with JJ. Eduardo asks her to invite JJ over; Gabi asks if they wouldn't mind, of course not, they reply. Ari cries, "Mommy," over the monitor, Eduardo offers to get her. Gabi is inquiring about what's going on when Rafe and Dario arrive. Rafe has arrived for lunch, he and Gabi quibble over the huarache. Mami wonders how long it's been since the whole family had a meal together. Dario bristles at this, Eduardo enters telling Arianna about her very first huarache.

At Jeannie T/Brady's, Jeannie T continues fielding calls and such, Brady arrives and she asks for help. He stops her to tell her about the Summer/Clark debacle. She's furious about the $50k that Brady used to pay off Clark the mark. They argue about it, Brady's always had money (per Jeannie T, who I guess was raised in rags by Kim & Phillip Collier in Los Angeles), so didn't think to check with her despite their raising a son together and being business partners. Brady storms out; Jeannie T calls to Emma and also leaves.

Back at the Hernandez house, JJ is loving the huarache, the family is kibbutzing and happy as they talk about how they love the red sauce, and Gabi growing up. They talk for a moment about the elder Arianna, moment of silence. The family sort of grills JJ, how long has he known Gabi, does he cook, does his family have traditions, how long's he been a cop.... This incenses Dario, how dare Eduardo play patriarch and sit at the head of the table!!! The family turns on Dario, defends Eduardo (or at least implores for a peaceful coexistence). JJ excuses himself, but Dario warns him a future with Gabi will have many scenes like this. Gabi gets angry, takes Arianna and leaves with JJ. Dario's mad, storms out. Rafe consoles Eduardo, who thanks him, especially given Rafe's own reservations concerning Eduardo. Rafe thanks them for lunch, it was our pleasure, Adriana says. As Rafe leaves, he whispers something to Mami. She gives him a look, and he leaves.

Jeannie T appears at Summer's hotel, tells her to back off Brady. Jeannie T sees through Summer's game, warns her not to screw with the poker-wielder. Meanwhile, Brady tells John that he's having a problem at DJ Wear, will make plans with them when he's got things straightened out. Marlena invites Brady/Jeannie T to dinner, Paul, too. Brady has declined the baseball trip (John had left him a message), too busy; he will, however, do dinner, Pasta Primavera. Marlena will order it. Brady zips off.

Back at Summer's hotel, Clark has returned, Summer warns him that Brady is dangerous. Clark offers Summer her half of the money. She takes it, tells him it was a one-time thing. He says, "Oh, Cindy, we are just getting started." Clark calls her out, says she has the hots for a mark. Clark considers Salem easy pickings, wants Summer to enlist Dario's help, though he's hot-headed. Summer tries to get Clark to leave, he closes the door and gets handsy with her, kisses her. She fights back, pushes him completely across the room, where he cracks his forehead on a table before falling back and quivering on the ground. A bit later, she calls Dario for help. Clark is dead...what should she do?

In the private area of the park, Arianna and JJ kiss, JJ's not scared off. Meanwhile John returns Jeannie T's call, she assures him it's not about Tate, needs to see him though. Will text John the details, don't tell Brady. She hangs up.

At the Hernandez House, cleanup has finished; Adriana asks if Eduardo will return for another meal. This one didn't end so well, Eduardo notes; he really doesn't have a right to question JJ's intentions. If JJ's scared off by a few questions, he's not good enough for 'our daughter,' Adriana suggests. Eduardo is taken by this, as Adriana acknowledges she is their daughter. Eduardo checks everything's clean, decides to go; asks what Rafe said to Adriana before leaving. Rafe told her he's happy if she's happy. Are you happy, asks Eduardo. She was happy to have the family around the table again. Eduardo asks what her dinner plans are, she says don't push your luck. They kiss.

Back at the Square, Marlena wonders what's up with Jeannie T. They speculate for a bit, until John realises Paul's probably bored. Marlena worries about Paul, who's not been himself lately. She offers her ear if he wants it; he tries to leave, stumbles as he gets up. John goes to help him, notices that he's sweating, decides he needs to go to ER. Marlena will collect their stuff and follow. (Just my opinion, but this should have been the cliffhanger, so I'm leaving it here. LOL)

It's Maggie's house.

I'm glad Eric is in AA and really trying, now. I'm sure homemade alcohol can be found, but can't really give Eric credit for going to prison AA and trying when he probably doesn't have much choice . Too bad he couldn't "really try" when he wasn't in prison.

Do you mean have we seen any of the Hernandez family there before? No. (except for when Gabi was there with Will and the other young people, the time Will freaked out and trashed Maggie's kitchen)

But that kitchen was often used when it was Maggie's house.

Some of the furniture came from Rafe and Sami's loft, which was then used in Sonny and Will's apartment, specifically that bookcase with the X brackets in the back of it.

I would agree the doorway entrance was very much like Maggie's. However, this kitchen was much larger than Maggie's tiny little one. Which is good, as the Hernandez family is a much larger one. I really liked the Hernandez scenes...gosh A. Martinez (Eduardo) is such a terrific actor. However, Dario's rages have gone on too long, too much, etc. If he doesn't want to be with his family just because Eduardo is there, then make an excuse and leave. Why ruin everyone else's meal, or their time together.

And Dario.......either grow the beard, or shave. make up your mind. It is NOT attractive.

So...Summer was pulling a con on Brady. The gal who was turning her life around, huh? And now the guy is dead....and what are we going to get? Another cover up?

I was getting a bit nervous over John & Marlena not including Paul (I was so glad to see him then was getting disappointed ) in any of the conversation, he just sat there. However, when his hand began shaking, I got a bit scared. And now, he has really come down sick.

Jason, I think you are absolutely right. That scene should have been the last one for the day. (John & marlena taking Paul to the Hospital)

Okay, Summer's still up to her old tricks. I think we all saw this coming a mile away. And now Clark's dead - that's one for May sweeps...
Not really, since we don't care about either of these characters.
You mean have we seen any of the Hernandez family there before?
Sort of. I meant, "Have we seen this set used in this way, e.g., The Hernandez House before?" Last I recall Gabi was living with Rafe.

It just seems odd that suddenly Mami has this spacious home. I was wondering if I missed something in one of the boring Friday episodes I skipped. (I'm also not great at watching sets, props, etc., since I mainly listen to the show except on Summary days.)

However, this kitchen was much larger than Maggie's tiny little one.
Yes, it was larger, but it was definitely the set that was originally used as Maggie's. It was tweaked (made larger) and redressed.
Sort of. I meant, "Have we seen this set used in this way, e.g., The Hernandez House before?" Last I recall Gabi was living with Rafe.
Yeah, that was pretty out of the blue, that Mami now has a nice house to live in.

I am done with Summer. Still a con. Even though she was swearing this was the last one - she conned Brady!! Brady who has been nothing but supportive. And I don't blame Theresa for being upset about it. They are engaged. Of course I guess Brady has an unlimited supply of money. But really, Clark hits his head on a table then is foaming at the mouth and dead? yeah, that's not far fetched.

Dario, seriously give it a rest! That is one angry man.

Was nice to see Paul except that now he's headed to the ER. That can't be good.

I almost cringed when Marlena was discussing with John why Sami is staying away when Stefano is now dead. I actually wondered myself, but didn't want to put it into words (might be an omen - a bad one!). I hope whatever the reason, it is sufficient to keep her away (in the words of Randy Travis) "forever and ever, Amen.

I'm ready for exciting sweeps, but so far all I've seen are witches that need to be swept out on a broom (Theresa and Summer).

They... I can hardly type these words... they killed Clark. So what do they expect us to do? Simply go on with our lives? Yeah, right like that's really going to happen. Like Brady reacting to Summer's admission to being a con artist I'm going to need some time alone to process this one.

The Hernandez family: My only complaint was there wasn't more scenes with them. I'm just going to put it out there: I for one LOVE this family, I would pick a single scene with them over any scene dealing with Summer's Shananigans or the Trials and Tribulations of the Teen Terrors. I may be kind of in the minority in my love for them but if anybody wants to make an issue of it well we can meet in the playground after school and discuss it.

However I have to say that my patience with Grumpy MacGrumperson (a.k.a Dario) has just about ran out. I'm tired of him acting like he was extra-abandoned by Eduardo. The man wronged them all but he is trying to atone for that. If the rest of the family is willing give him the benefit of the doubt then Dario really needs to chill out, build a bridge and get over it. I can't wait for the karmic moment where Eduardo looks him square in the eye and says "I will not spend another moment in the same room with this CON ARTIST!!" That will show him.

I especially enjoyed the quiet moment between JJ and Gabi. *sigh* I probably have never mentioned this but I'm hoping these two get what's the word? Oh yeah, story; I really hope they get a story someday.

Okay, Summer's still up to her old tricks. I think we all saw this coming a mile away. And now Clark's dead - that's one for May sweeps...
Yes, Summer just killed Clark. Maybe Dario should ask Rafe if he knows a good place to dump a body?
I liked the Hernandez family lunch. It was nice to see a family around a table, eating and talking. (even if Dario was being a twit)
Yes, it was nice. But Dario should quit his anti-Eduardo campaign. After all, it's not like the conman is occupying some high moral ground. He also shouldn't ask Rafe if he has a problem sitting down to dinner with a murderer. After all, Rafe is in love with one. Finally, regarding the late, not-so-great, Clark, when will Salem crooks learn to stop overstaying their welcome? Both Fake Rafe and slippery Sy stuck around too long and also ended up dead.

I wonder if this Clark thing is another con? I too thought he died rather quickly for Salem.

LOVED everything Hernandez - well except for Wario. He can leave anytime. Or maybe he can try to kiss Summer and get killed. That'd make her aces in my book.

It occurred to me that 3 of Arianna's 4 grandparents are murderers. And her mom. And her dad was an attempted-murderer at least once. Only in Salem, right? (Heck, maybe Mami got that nice house through less-than-honourable methods...then all 4 can be killers? LOL)

Arianna's great-grandmother Kate has also tried her hand at attempted murder than once hasn't she? (throwing Nick in the river with Gabi and Sami, and she tried to poison Chloe right?). So I'm sure little Ari is wondering why Uncle Dario is making it sound like a bad thing. LOL

Back