Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 5, 2016

It occurred to me that 3 of Arianna's 4 grandparents are murderers. And her mom. And her dad was an attempted-murderer at least once.
Funny....and only one of these people actually served time for said murders (Gabi). LOL.

So as you all know by now, I don't give a flying fig about Summer so those scenes were FF'd along with anything Brady/Theresa because at this point they're just an extension of that disaster.

However, I did enjoy the rest of the show. I liked John and Marlena talking about their kids although I always find it so odd that married (or whatever) couples don't share pertinent information about their kids and grandkids with each other. Why is John just now hearing about the divorce between Belle and Shawn and Claire's arrest? It's just weird.

The Hernandez family scenes were fabulous. I really enjoyed them. Except for Dario of course. He's a jerk. Why even bother staying for lunch if you're going to act like that? I'm glad that JJ isn't scared of a little family strife where Gabi is concerned. I liked seeing him stand strong in these scenes. I also liked the little bit of romance we got from Eduardo and Adriana today. Very nice.

Thanks for the summary and the Spanish translation, Jason.

I looked up the word huarache and found out it's a name for shoes. T
he
food item is called that because it's in the shape of a shoe.

It's too bad Brady didn't get Daniel's brain instead of his heart. I knew yesterday
Summer was probably pulling another con. Now Clark is dead. Where will they
hide the
body? Will Summer keep the money?

Marlena's face was priceless when John was talking about his trip with Paul to see
the baseball stadiums.

I laughed when Marlena told Brady she knew the place to order the food
he would want for dinner.

Nice to see a family gathering in Salem. JJ was lucky when Eduardo was asked
questions about
dating Gabi. Eduardo could have asked him why he was dating Gabi since he already dated Paige.

Maybe Dario was trying to protect Gabi by stressing over and over that her dad was an assassin? <sarcasm > I loved it when Gabi was going out the door and said "you shut your mouth Dario" or something similar.

Last edited:
So it looks like we've pretty much established that with the possible exception of Abuela (grandma) Adriana (and we can't even say that for sure at this point) there is NOBODY in Arianna's immediate family who has not either committed; attempted to commit; or covered-up a murder. As Jason so wisely said "Only in Salem" indeed. LOL

Arianna's great-grandmother Kate has also tried her hand at attempted murder than once hasn't she? (throwing Nick in the river with Gabi and Sami, and she tried to poison Chloe right?). So I'm sure little Ari is wondering why Uncle Dario is making it sound like a bad thing. LOL
LOL, I didn't even try to get into the greats. But this is fun!! So...
Roman killed (though it was in the line of duty) Raoul Martinez Ramirez.
Marlena killed Kristen, and as JS noted above, tried to kill Stefano.
Bill Horton was convicted of killing Kitty Horton (though he didn't do it).
Kate tried to kill Chloe (as mentioned above), and tried to kill Victor twice.

At this rate, I'd be surprised if Arianna made it to grade school without committing a murder. LOL

Last edited:
I almost cringed when Marlena was discussing with John why Sami is staying away when Stefano is now dead. I actually wondered myself, but didn't want to put it into words (might be an omen - a bad one!). I hope whatever the reason, it is sufficient to keep her away (in the words of Randy Travis) "forever and ever, Amen.

Sami is still hiding because of the money she stole from the DiMeras. Even though Stefano is dead, Andre is still aware of the money she stole, and will be out for revenge if Sami comes back.

I loved seeing John and Marlena today, and that Paul was invited to lunch with them. However, I felt so bad for Paul when he got sick at the end:(.

I especially liked the Hernandez family lunch, except for Dario shooting his mouth off again. I did like it that Gabi told him to shut his mouth before she left with JJ. And didn't Rafe already have lunch with Hope yesterday or did he leave before they ate when Doug and Julie came on? It appears to still be the same Salem day. Adriana and Eduardo were cute together. I'm also glad to see Arianna. This regime doesn't have her on enough. I especially liked that they had her call "Mommy" over the monitor instead of a cry, keeping up with the fact that she is a toddler now instead of an infant.

I did like Theresa reaching out to John. Brady is being such an idiot about Summer that he needs someone to look out for him and John is the one who can help his son.

Summer can just go away already. I am sick of her story.

This episode was awful.

The last couple days were pretty good with Chad/Abigail, Maggie/Victor, Nicole/Deimos, Doug and Julie with Hope.

Today...it was like watching someone use their fingernails on a chalkboard. Like a completely different show.

Theresa is the most annoying character on this show. She needs some Lexapro or Klonopin to calm her down. She would be a more appealing character if she weren't always acting frantic and overwhelmed and witchy.

Summer is getting beyond dull. Not a character that Days should be spending so much time on.

Brady...his character just keeps losing respect. From being with Kristen and falling for her lies. To being an addict and getting high or drunk with Theresa. To letting Theresa chase Melanie away. And forgetting that Theresa bashed john's head in with a fire poker, and being engaged with this terribly annoying woman whom he has no chemistry with. And now being conned by Summer. They will have to do a lot to redeem this character. (I think the actor is great...it is just the writing for his character is horrible)

I was aggravated that the Hernandez family is now in Maggie's house (or set). Can't they be creative and build a unique set for this family? I saw Will and Sonny's artwork hanging on the walls also. (Maybe Gabi took the framed art and kept it)

I normally love seeing Marlena and John. But today there was something missing. Didn't seem natural.
Just wasn't a good show for me today

I especially liked that they had her call "Mommy" over the monitor instead of a cry, keeping up with the fact that she is a toddler now instead of an infant.
I liked that touch, too.

Y&R had a scene this week (or last) of a toddler waking up from a nap and they used the sound of a crying infant on the baby monitor. It was ridiculous. They should've recorded a toddler calling for mommy or daddy.

Not a character that Days should be spending so much time on.
Agreed. (Nostalgic voice) Back in the Good Ole Days, two characters who didn't exist six months ago wouldn't have shared so many scenes.
But today there was something missing. Didn't seem natural.
I felt that, too. I wonder if there was a cut scene, or if this was inserted, or something. It just seemed off. I would have liked it if John already knew about Belle's divorce papers. Marlena and John would have shared info like that right away,

Fixing Days

1. Clean up the characters, physically (try shaving - Brady, Dario, Eduardo come to mind), hair styling (neater, more stylish, more in keeping with current trends for their ages and fewer blue streaks); clothing (sleeveless seems to be very "in" according to the fashion magazines, but it is not for everyone especially in the dead of Salem winter and real people do wear coats); Marlena almost always seems appropriately dressed; Kate wears too much jewelry; men in suits are always handsome (love my Victor)

2. Eliminate the clones and the "risen from the dead". Remember the quote about the dead stay dead? Yeah, right.

3. Eliminate the "cons" (Summer , Dario) and the unbelievable additions, Fynn, Lani, if you are going to introduce them do it slowly so the fans can buy into the storyline, don't force them down our throats because we usually end up hating them

4. Most important - stay true to the character - Philip, Belle, Shawn, (this time around are not true to character), Chloe (last time around was not either)

5. Take it slow and easy with new relationships - Hope and Rafe (give it time, so fans are buying it, some are not); Gabi and JJ (just the right pace)

6. Give us what we love (John and Marlena, more Abe, more Lucas, more Adrienne, more Steve and Kayla, more Roman (please find him a girlfriend),

7. Lighten up - where's Anne, how about Maxine, Doug and Julie are always a bright spot. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

8. I hope Deimos goes down and Victor gets his revenge; I hope Nicole helps him as do Brady and Justin; I want to see Maggie recover and learn Summer was not her daughter, just a con artist

9. Back to Basics - Titan (offices), Chez Rouge (not Edge of the Square); give people places to live - not everyone lives at the Salem Inn

I'm sure others on this board have ideas too. Can you hear us TPTB?

It occurred to me that 3 of Arianna's 4 grandparents are murderers. And her mom. And her dad was an attempted-murderer at least once. Only in Salem, right? (Heck, maybe Mami got that nice house through less-than-honourable methods...then all 4 can be killers? LOL)
Jason, isn't it great that family members have similar interests and experiences.:sarcasm:
Funny....and only one of these people actually served time for said murders (Gabi). LOL.
Of course they didn't. Thanks to Salem in-crowd and DiMera immunity, only luckless losers like Gus and Ben actually do time for the murders they've committed. Insider Eric was an exception, but he committed the unbelievably awful sin of causing the death of the sainted Dr. McScruffy.

You know I actually been not catching up so just saw this episode and yes it seemed different but wasn't bad. It was great definitely to see John and Marlena discussing family issues. Very rarely as of late you ever see characters interacting with each other much about family issues or issues about their own children's lives. Definitely what the show has been missing.

I was actually rooting for Theresa and didn't felt annoyed by her. In fact I would have the same reaction she would if my fiance is going about neglecting our life and going off with some stranger giving them money. Brady had just admitted to Theresa she was right about Summer yet he still defends his actions. I am now ready for the writers to write off Brady now his character is blind! Summer isn't worth much a mention, I hope killing Clark gets her thrown in jail and off our screens. Let Dario help her cover it up so they ship him off to jail with Summer!

Now am I the only one that noticed that the majority of the show was the Hernandez family which happened to be on Cinco De Mayo! LOL! I do think that was intentional very crafty and festive of the writers. I enjoyed the family scenes as well in the Hernandez house until Dario arrived. Shame on Dario! He should have some respect for Gabi having JJ over meeting the family at their house. That was disrespectful and rude! I am starting to speculate something else happened to Dario in Eduardo's absence during his childhood. Perhaps he was abused or molested and blames Eduardo, just a guess to see why he has all this hate. I think it's more then just that Eduardo walked out on them.

Last edited:
My issue with the Eduardo/Adriana stuff is that it doesn't make sense given that he went off and married Eve and had Paige. Why was Paige not mentioned, especially with JJ there? That is very relevant. And we also know that Eduardo was around until Paige was 10 so his marriage to Eve was not quick. But then this is the same show that has Hope treating her granddaughter like a friend instead of family. So we can't always have nice things.

The lunch was nice but I have no use for Dario. Adds no value to the show. I liked it better when Rafe had issues with Eduardo as if played out more naturally. Speaking of Rafe, he is much more enjoyable in scenes with characters not named Hope.

Loved the John/Marlena chat but I too felt it was odd he was just finding out about Claire and the divorce. I think this is the next day after prom? Interesting the show keeps saying Belle signed the papers but do we know if Shawn has? And we're they filed? I also think Belle should have been at lunch too. Nice to see Brady with his surrogate I mean real family. :rolleyes: Did not care for him blowing off John though and acting like Mr. Important with his parents.

Too bad we can't get a scene with Hope talking to John and Marlena about Belle, Shawn and Claire. Again, we can't always have nice things.

I think at this rate we're supposed to forget that Eve and Paige existed now as far as the Hernandez clan as well as JJ is concerned. Though let's be honest. Would Eduardo or anyone would want to bring up Paige at the lunch with Mama H. It would be just a reminder that Eduardo took off and married also impregnating another woman.

I'd imagine Eve's marriage to Eduardo was never valid and Mama H is still technically legally married to Eduardo. Why they should just change back Eve's last name to Donovan and have Paige's changed to Hernandez or Donovan. Larson was a make believe surname.

It does seem that the show wants us to forget about Paige but Eduardo suddenly saying that Mama H was the love of his life after being married to another woman for years and having a child with her just doesn't make sense given what viewers have seen over the past year and a half. We also saw Eduardo have a connection with Eve in his scenes with her.

Eduardo MAY have married Eve using a false name, once again having to go "undercover"...and it could be that he used Edward Larson. Not saying he did, just a possibility, since they used the last name Larson. And when Eve saw him, she called him Eddie.

Back