Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 7, 2015

Me too, DaysD...about the first 1/3 of my life. I can understand you thinking you heard San Diego with the way they were going on about sun, sand and surf. That's a whole lot more like San Diego than the San Jose/lower bay area JJ and princess are headed to. :rolleyes:

You can use their hair dressers, make up artists, and get your outfits from the "closets" that come stocked in the Wardrobe Department, and sit and enjoy the messages, and the lotions, and the things my skin know nothing about, and honey, I am sure you would love the results of such pampering. :clap:

Peggy McCay (Caroline) looks great. Doug looked super, and I could listen to him sing all his songs over, and over again. If TPTB were clever, they would gather the songs, that I am sure they had the permission signed, at the time, and put some of Doug's songs on one CD, and announce to us, the fans, and the CD would sell. :)

I used to love to watch his performances in his night spots, I think he had two during his stay, and I would love to be able to listen to them again. :)

If TPTB were clever, they would gather the songs, that I am sure they had the permission signed, at the time, and put some of Doug's songs on one CD, and announce to us, the fans, and the CD would sell.
It doesn't work that way. Just because they had permission in the past for Doug to sing particular songs on the show, they can't re-use them now or put them on a CD for sale. The music rights are entirely too expensive now for something like that. They can only use non-copyrighted music or music from independent song-writers and musicians who will allow the music to be used for free or for a nominal fee.

There is no way, where they would be in the San Jose/Palo Alto (where Stanford is) area where they could easily hit the beach in the morning, and skiing in the afternoon. The nearest decent snow here is at least a 4 hour drive, and you're looking at an hour to get to Santa Cruz, with the boardwalk, unless you want to hit a beach in the San Francisco area - again, an hour drive.

Someone still needs a geography lesson on that one... although I'll bet they looked at Google Maps and eyeballed it.

-currently living in the San Jose/Campbell area and have been for 20+ years, also, Bay Area born and raised-

LOL, well, my daughter lived in the L.A. area, with the SAn Clemente mountains right there. And so, you could do beach/swimming pool in a.m. , get in car, and drive up into the mountains with all kinds of snow within an hour. (I did not believe that, but got taken for a ride one afternoon, lol). Seems the writers base their dialogue on the part of California where THEY live.
Sounds like these writers, based in L.A. area, definitely have not checked their geography maps. In fact, we already know they do little to no research on anything. Look how they dress the characters AND sets in the midwest in the middle of frigid winter. And even Spring. Folks are still wearing jackets and sweaters in mid-west. But not in Salem. Ha.

Back