Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 16, 2017

There is a way to retrieve voicemails from some iPhones. Also most texts can be restored using iTunes or third party apps on iPhones.

No way to recover voicemails on Android after you have exited the voicemail system unless using special software, but be wary of just any software that claims to do so, sometimes it is not possible if data has been written over. Sometimes texts on Android can be recovered using certain software with some compatible manufacturers if data has not been written over.

For older phones it is a maybe if you have the software and the data cable and the memory had not already been written over. Can not remember about older phones and voicemails.

In reference to permanently deleted voicemails and texts: Text messages are stored for X amount of days on a phone carrier's servers and can be subpoenaed. This is the law. They can not just be compelled by law enforcement though. Has to be done legally. Voicemails are also stored on the servers for X amount of time. Same deal with the subpoenas.

Subpoenas are only issued to break major crimes like smuggling operations, etc, not for civil lawsuits or small crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And while I understand Abe's worry & pain, I honestly have a hard time with him not remembering his own years as a cop, detective, the split second decisions he had to make, so his venom at JJ and JJ's family seems too over the top.
Hear, hear.
I don't blame Abe for anything he does or says now.
I'm hoping he learns quickly because there's only so much spew I can watch. But I agree he's not thinking clearly now.
I was so excited when it seemed that she wouldn't get her way this time.
Me too. Nice way to redeem Tripp. He was ready to face the music but stopped when it would harm Kayla. Too much to hope he takes his little brother's cue and gives Kate the pillow treatment?
By the time they start investigating the evidence will be gone
There sure were a lot of folks traipsing around the crime scene. And I had the same problem with the "oh my gosh my bad memory means I'm guilty!" junk like in the Deimos story.

These writers either know nothing of the law, assume that none of their viewers do, or just don't care either way. Kate could go flap her jaws to the police until she's as blue as her hair and they couldn't do anything. It's called hearsay and is never admitted in a court of law.
If Kate was told by another person that Little Trippy changed Kaya's orders, and then tried to use this to prove it, it would be hearsay. If instead, the snoopy Kate overheard the Trippy-Kayla conversation on this subject, she could testify that they said those words. However, unless some other corroborating evidence was obtained, her testimony would be meaningless. Unfortunately, like many Salemites in the past, Trippy caved to what is probably a weak threat. That said, he could restore the situation by tipping off the Salem P.D. about the existence of deleted messages on Theo's phone.

Whom will Abe rip into next over the Theo situation?
  • Roman for putting JJ on the Salem P.D.?
  • Hope for taking JJ off suspension after the Ben incident?
  • Jenny for not talking JJ out of a police career?
  • Judge Goldberg for not sending JJ to jail after his window-smashing escapade?
  • Rory for not convincing JJ that life as a stoner was a better alternative to catching crooks?
  • Eric for depriving Theo of St. Daniel's miracle surgical skills?
  • Doug and Julie for hosting such a dull party that Theo left early?
  • Nicole because she's Nicole and usually gets blamed for anything and everything?
  • Claire because she's such a dull girlfriend that Theo would rather break into warehouses than be with her?
Imagine if Abe actually confronted everyone on his blame-game list.

Roman: "OMG, how could you hire this kid. He was a drug dealer for God's sake!"
Hope: "How could you quickly reinstate this hothead. He has absolutely no self-control!"
Jenny: "Some mother you are, allowing your son to drop out of college!"
Judge Goldberg: "Judges like you are who coddle criminals are what's wrong with Salem!"
Rory: "You wretched stoner, why didn't you convince JJ that smoking pot was more fun than shooting people!"
Eric: "You worthless souse! If you hadn't been drowning your sorrows, Daniel would be here to save Theo!"
Doug & Jule: "You two oldsters shouldn't be running a club. You're totally out of touch with what young people like!"
Nicole: "If you hadn't sunk your claws into Daniel, he's have been home reading medical journals instead hanging out at some seedy saloon."
Claire: "If you weren't blathering all the time about your failed music career and getting snippy over nothing, Theo would have been with you instead of roaming around Salem!"

Last edited:
Kate did say she would dig deep, asking questions, etc. which would pull it all out into the open again.
This is typical big talk from Kate. Who does she think she is, super investigator John Black or the mighty Patch? Who's going give her any answers? Kayla won't talk; Steve will rudely tell her to take a hike; and the last thing Mr. Seth Burns wants is some scandal to taint the already sketchy reputation of his fourth-rate hospital. The cover-up here would have so many layers that Kate would never get to the truth. All she'd have available is lies and innuendo from an one of the most unreliable sources in Salem -- herself.

Did anyone else notice, while Tripp was talking to Kate, how much like Steve he was being? The way he was laying out the scene, the exposition, the cadence of the conversation, the accusation? I don't know if that was a conscious choice, but I definitely liked it.

Thanks for the summary. Yep, Kate and Abe were just a bit over the top for me too. I totally get Abe's hurt and his reaction, but this better not last long or it will get old. For that matter, Theo's coma better not last long either. How many comas have we had on this soap the past few years? It's just ridiculous.

I can't believe how much Kate is concerned with self-preservation when Theo is comatose! She has a funny way of showing that she cares for the DiMeras. And I find it interesting how this is the second day in a row that Theo's shooting took up all the airtime. It was a nice reprieve from some of the other storylines, but hopefully next week things diversify again.

I really liked that Tripp wasn't buying what Kate was selling so I was upset he eventually gave in to her. I also think that Tripp knows how to retrieve the message. I bet they'll say it's on Theo's Cloud account and Tripp later downloaded it from a computer. I hope Tripp is the one who eventually outs Kate.

I'm going to be furious if they gloss over this and Kate gets away with it again.

And yes Hope is an idiot for not taking the phone with her along with the evidence bag.

I really like Tripp and Claire together. Too much to hope that they are going for a "While You Were Sleeping" trope here?

I want to see Kayla in a actual story, not as 30 second pop up Doctor.

Jen and Eric scenes were amazing. Seemed liked a bit of a jump from when we last saw Eric though. I wonder if something was cut.

Back