Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 17, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Kmansion, Nicole (looking fab) comes in and asks Philip what Chloe's hiding, relaying her trip with Deimos to Chicago. Nicole knows Deimos isn't the father, begs Philip (who vows to do anything to protect Chloe & Chloe's baby). Nicole begs, she would do anything for Chloe and her baby; Philip is about to say something when Deimos enters. They dance a bit about changed paternity tests, but Deimos changes the subject. Titan is the focus; Philip concurs. Philip leaves; Nicole is not done with him. Nicole is upset with Deimos for starting a fight. Philip leaves a message for Chloe, saying it's time to tell Nicole that the baby is hers with Daniel.

At the Horton House, Jennifer is working on an editorial about Hope's unlawful sentence. Abby looks through the window behind her. Jen tries to pull herself together, hears a noise. She thinks she's going crazy, might start talking to herself (LOL). She goes to get some fresh air, Abigail is there. Jennifer says, "Abigail." "Hi mom." Jennifer collapses. Later, Abigail has a washcloth on Jen's head. Jen thinks she's dreaming of Abby's ghost. Abby says she's really here, explains she wasn't on the plane. Jennifer apologises for holding Abby so tight, just wants to hold her. Abigail explains how she felt when she left, worried she's end up like Laura, trapped in her head, unable to communicate. She didn't want Jennifer/JJ/Chad/Thomas dedicating their lives to her care, they had to think she was gone. Jennifer asks if she's back for good, back for Chad and Thomas. Abby stares.

JJ has come to the DiMansion, not to fight with Chad (he understands Chad's feelings about his father's death) about the Hope fiasco, but to seek advice on winning Gabi back. Chad's furious that JJ cheated on Gabi (he must have told him off-screen, I didn't see it). JJ admits it was a mistake, it was horrible to do, he doesn't even remember it. He just wants a chance to try to make it up to her. Chad is flummoxed that JJ wants him to talk to Gabi on JJ's behalf, refuses. He can't be involved. Gabi comes in to see Chad, is furious that JJ is there. Gabi can't look at him. They toss him out.

In the private area, Gabi is looking at pictures of her with JJ. Dario and Blanca happen by, Blanca heads off. Dario wonders what's up, and though Gabi tries to flee, she admits that she and JJ are through. Dario offers services as a big brother, gets furious when she admits JJ cheated.

In her hotel room, Brady has Guillermo is a wrestling move (arm pinned behind his back). Brady tries to get Jeannie T to leave, she offers for him to join the party, starts to disrobe him. Brady evicts Guillermo, wants to take Jeannie T to rehab. Brady threatens to take away Tate if Jeannie T doesn't straighten up; she says she's better off without him. She says the whole mother thing was an act, not her way. Brady doesn't believe it, but she sells it. She's packed and ready to leave, but not for rehab. Asks for suggestions. Brady tells her to go to hell.

Guillermo and Blanca run into each other in the Square, she's shocked. He's just here to help a friend. She walks toward the private area, overhears Dario's threatening to beat up JJ, have it done, etc. Gabi berates his "Dario" way of beating people up as Blanca listens, wide-eyed, that is not her way. Gabi stalks off. Blanca appears, Dario tries to defend his actions to her. Blanca says she knows too many people like him, can't hang around him.

At the Pub, Kim and Shane are worried, Kim is gently touching his face. Jeannie T comes in, confesses that she's told Brady she's leaving, he hates her, but she had to make him think she didn't love him or Tate. (Her voice breaks as she says this.) Shane thinks this is the most selfless thing she's ever done, but Jeannie doesn't want to hear it. Kim says it will all be worth it when she gets the goods on Mateo, brings him down, and can come home. Shane talks with her about how hard it was to leave home on those dangerous ISA missions, and suggests she play her part but keep a special place in her mind for Brady and Tate. She needs to hold on to that hope that she can come home. Jeannie worries that what she's done has severed ties with Brady forever.

At the Horton House, Abigail is looking at the photo of Jack on the mantel. Jennifer comes in with some semi-hot tea, she couldn't stand to be away from her for too long. Jennifer wants to know everything. Abby talks about wanting to get away from it all, finally found someone who gave her the right treatment and meds. But she kept Salem and her family out of her thoughts while she recovered, until she heard about the siege. She was so worried about them all, had to come home, especially when she heard JJ was shot. JJ starts to enter, Abby doesn't want to be seen. Abby is hiding behind a chair as JJ confesses that he sought Chad's help with the Gabi situation. JJ suspects Gabi is more important to Chad than Abby, which is why he wouldn't help him. Abby overhears this. Jennifer assures JJ that Gabi loves him, will forgive him. He goes to leave, but gets suspicious when he sees the second cup of tea. Jennifer covers; JJ takes the spare tea, notices it's the way Abby liked it. Alone again, Abigail learns of JJ's cheating, apologises for making Jen keep the secret. Abigail wants to go, Jennifer can't lose her again, will do anything, even keep her secret, let her live in the attic (I guess Tommy's not still up there LOL), whatever, just to keep her around. Jennifer wants to know why Abby wants to flee. Abby knew life would move on without her, she just wasn't prepared to see it.

Back at the KMansion, Deimos is telling a lackey via telephone to bribe customs agents. Nicole comes in, Deimos tries to lie, Nicole knows who and what he is and is still here. But she needs to go on a business trip to Paris to meet with designers; she asks Deimos to keep an eye on Brady because of the problems with Jeannie T. She suggests busying Brady at Titan, which Deimos thinks is a stellar idea, finding him the far more suitable heir than Philip. Nicole concurs. Meanwhile, Philip has been eavesdropping, hears all, and calls Chloe, cancelling his prior message. Nicole can't be trusted where Deimos is concerned.

Upstairs, Nicole and Deimos are hot and heavy in bed. She tries to leave, he wants another round. She has to go, he plays dirty, he knows she likes it. She'll catch a later plane. (Ed. Note: :sick:.)

At the DiMansion, Chad apologises for the ambush, he told JJ that he's friends with both of them, but this is for Gabi and JJ to work out, or not. Gabi wants to delete him from her brain, she'll never be able to look at him and not be reminded of how she hurt him. She wonders why she's not enough, Chad stops short of defending JJ, but tells Gabi she's got a lot going for her. They have hugged, are getting close, exchanging looks. Gabi rushes out.

Thanks for the recap. Really nice show today. Dario & Blanca are snooze, but I loved the Chad/Abigail/Jennifer/Gabi/JJ scenes. I do think Abigail's storyline of being kept a secret and all is kind of wearing thin already---how could Jennifer hide the truth from her loved ones? They're in just as much pain as she is. As for Gabi & Chad, there's undeniable chemistry, something Camila Banus (Gabi) lacked with Casey Jon Deidrick (ex-Chad).

Nicole and Deimos is irritating, but Chloe and Philip keeping the baby a secret just because of who Nicole wants to be with is stupid! The writers seem obsessed with running long-standing friendships between women over a man. It's getting old and tiring!

Thanks so much Jason. Sounds like Jack's photo is all his fans will see if him. Looking forward to seeing the show tonight. A great summary. Thanks again.
Not only does his photo get more airtime than the character did during his last stint in Salem, his picture moves around the house more often than Kate moves from man to man.
Nicole and Deimos is irritating, but Chloe and Philip keeping the baby a secret just because of who Nicole wants to be with is stupid! The writers seem obsessed with running long-standing friendships between women over a man. It's getting old and tiring!
Agree. The saving grace of this story (unlike other recently forced couples) is that they are not declaring mutual undying perfect love. Nicole likes Deimos, isn't ready to say the "L" word yet.
Chloe and Philip keeping the baby a secret just because of who Nicole wants to be with is stupid
I would choose harsher words. I wonder what Nicole's legal rights are. It also seems fishy that Chloe could keep re-trying without the donors' permission (though I understand that could be a thing in certain cases, it seems like that step would not have been taken by DocScruffy and Nicole).

When Jennifer told Abby she could hide and live in the attic, Abby should've said "with Great Uncle Tommy???"
Great minds.

I'm really, really tired of Jeannie T's exit. I hope Kim & Shane stick around and have more tender moments before leaving Salem. I also hope, given her drug use and drinking, she's not carrying another Brady spawn from her last night with Brady.

I'm also lamenting the poor use of Blanca as a character. She could have been so much. Instead she's wasted on a pointless intercession with Rafe/Hope (doomed from before it started) and on the least interesting member of the Hernandez clan. Meanwhile there are scores of Salem men who are in doomed (Lucas) or forced (Deimos) or hopelessly retreaded (Philip) relationships. And there's always Roman. And of course, she could have just been a nurse and interacting with Doctors, patients, and staff.

Side note: I saw Anne Milbauer at my convention today. I didn't have the guts to say hi, and didn't buy anything at the booth where she was working.

It was Deception Thursday in Salem today. At the bottom of the list is NuAbigail's selective reveal, which is utterly senseless, but par for the course in Salem. Number two is clueless Chloe's refusal to tell Nicole that her genetic child on the way, with Ms. Lane's stupidity being encouraged by the utterly self-serving Philly K. At the top of the list is the beyond sick and offensive Jeannie T. plot. Brady may often be a dolt, but he deserves far better than this. When the truth is finally revealed -- whether or not slimy Mateo goes to jail -- Jeannie T. along with her little aiders and abettors, Victor, Shane, and Kim, all rate an angry blast from a deceived and aggrieved Brady that would make the eruption of Krakatoa look like the explosion of a wet firecracker.
I wonder what Nicole's legal rights are. It also seems fishy that Chloe could keep re-trying without the donors' permission (though I understand that could be a thing in certain cases, it seems like that step would not have been taken by DocScruffy and Nicole).
However she accomplished her unorthodox pregnancy, Chloe was using other people's genetic material without permission. State laws on gestational surrogacy vary, but wherever it is allowed there need to be a valid contract and then a court order so that the genetic parents are listed on the birth certificate. Since in Chloe's case she has what is known legally as "unclean hands," if push ever came to shove, I suspect that genetic mother Nicole would prevail in a custody battle.

Am not understanding the "why" of Blanca, who truly is not being utilized well. Agree that Jeannie's exit has dragged on too long, and could have been handled in a shorter length of time. But I am liking seeing Shane...Kim, too.

Do NOT like Abby not wanting her brother to know she is back, especially since he is WHY she returned. Also not caring for any kind of Chad/ Gabi thing of any kind. But, that is just me. Guess I am sick and tired of triangles, quadrangles, etc.

At one point when Chloe was talking to the unborn child, she mentioned that the contract they all signed gave her the right to try again without telling them.
They did. That was on a Thursday, too. LOL It suits DA PLOT and gives the Orange One another child, so the suits could care less if it's legally feasible (or ethical).

Still hoping "the drunk" that was at the clinic was Eric and somehow he is the father.

Try again without telling them? Only in Salem. If there's ever a court battle, Justin should argue to Judge Fitzpatrick that such a preposterous surrogacy contract clause should be declared void on the grounds that it violates public policy. Does society really need a Chloe utilizing other people's genetic material without their knowledge whenever it catches her fancy? (As it is, many states deem any conventional surrogacy contract null and void.)

At one point when Chloe was talking to the unborn child, she mentioned that the contract they all signed gave her the right to try again without telling them.
The big problem I have with this, also, from a story perspective, is that Nicole should know this and should be smart enough to put two and two together.

Days seems to think smart characters are bad. But they're good. They move the plot along.

I'm also lamenting the poor use of Blanca as a character. She could have been so much. Instead she's wasted on a pointless intercession with Rafe/Hope (doomed from before it started) and on the least interesting member of the Hernandez clan. Meanwhile there are scores of Salem men who are in doomed (Lucas) or forced (Deimos) or hopelessly retreaded (Philip) relationships. And there's always Roman. And of course, she could have just been a nurse and interacting with Doctors, patients, and staff.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Side note: I saw Anne Milbauer at my convention today. I didn't have the guts to say hi, and didn't buy anything at the booth where she was working.

Jason, you should have gone up to her. I met her at Day of Days on Saturday and she was so funny! Photos in the Day of Days thread.

Still hoping "the drunk" that was at the clinic was Eric and somehow he is the father.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ason, you should have gone up to her.
If this were a fan event, I would have. But this is a professional event, I didn't want to go "fanboy" on her; plus, she's working a non-acting job. I didn't want to get her in trouble, or force her into an awkward position. I rested at a table near her booth (the one person of 13,000 who knew me happened upon me at that booth, and we got to walking-talking...I had lost where she was and it took me nearly 2 rounds through the hall to find her) and watched her as she helped customers. It was very much like watching Anne Milbauer. I did tweet about it and tagged her in it. If she likes/responds, I might stop by if she's working tomorrow. :back:

I do think Abigail's storyline of being kept a secret and all is kind of wearing thin already---how could Jennifer hide the truth from her loved ones?

Maybe she learned it from her mom? I don't think Abigail said she had been with Laura. I'm hoping Abigail isn't in hiding too long.

Theresa and Brady are still breaking my heart. I'm hoping that after Theresa is gone Shane and Kim will fill Brady in on what really happened. But I doubt that. He will just believe she's trash unless the actress comes back.

Jason, thanks for the summary with your busy day. I hope you'll get a chance to speak
to Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne) tomorrow.

When Abby said attic, I thought of Anne Frank.

I'm glad Deimos and Nicole found a bed. I can't believe Nicole just let it slide
when she heard Deimos on the phone to pay off a custom agent. Nicole
is going a trip.. we can only hope she'll see someone who's supposed to dead.

I can't believe JJ went to Chad to talk to Gabi for him.

I'm glad Abigail stayed and talked to Jen. She seemed upset when she realized
"playing dead" caused a lot of problems back in Salem.

The Salem elf went to the Horton house and moved Jack's picture again. The elf
is going to be really busy changing all the pictures with Abby in them :)

Nice to see Shane and Kim today. I almost cried when Theresa was with Brady.
We have to hope Brady won't fall off the wagon after she leaves.

I don't think Abigail said she had been with Laura.
She didn't. I'm waiting for this reveal.
The elf is going to be really busy changing all the pictures with Abby in them :)
Was anyone else relieved that Jennifer recognised Abby? For a minute there I was afraid we were getting another plastic surgery story. (It's so hard to tell on soaps.) Very relieved we're not going that way.

Back