Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 3, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Adrienne arrives at the Horton House with the news that she and Jennifer own the Spectator. (She toys with Jenn a bit, but they got a good deal on the dying paper.) Jennifer is worried, but she will be Editor-in-Chief and Adrienne will handle the business (marketing, etc.). They look at Jack's picture. Later, a furious Justin shows up and yells at Adrienne, apparently Titan wanted the Spectator as well. Adrienne says it's over, even though she didn't know it was a contest, she won, he lost. Jennifer re-enters asks what's up. Adrienne tells her about Titan, Justin mocks Adrienne's business acumen and using 'his' money to buy the paper. Adrienne says it's not personal, it's business. Justin smugly stalks off. Later, Jennifer and Adrienne are going over the paper business, Adrienne gets angry about Justin. Jennifer wonders if Justin got to her; Adrienne claims not to care.

In the Square, Philip (filling in for Maury Povich) tells Nicole that Deimos is NOT the father. They don't know who is. Philip tells her that if she gets in touch with Chloe, to apologise for him for being a bad friend. He leaves. Nicole calls Chloe, leaves another message with the new info. Immediately, Chloe calls back.

Earlier, Chloe had been sitting in a limbo set somewhere, telling her belly that a bad man named Deimos is forcing her to keep this secret. Later, she talks on the phone with Nicole, who recaps telling Deimos the 'truth', so now again he thinks he's the father. Nicole relays Philip's apology. Chloe tells Nicole she had a one-night stand at the club where she used to sing. She's in hiding, won't say where she is. Chloe wonders if Nicole bought her story, then flashes back to a scene in the park of Daniel/Nicole in the private area talking with her about Parker's being the ringbearer. Daniel and Parker run off to play, and (in what appear to be new scenes, I'm researching this) Nicole laments not having a baby. Chloe points out there are other options, Nicole reminds her that she's a convicted kidnapper, Chloe offers to be their surrogate. Back to reality, Chloe laments it wasn't that simple. More flashbacks to Chloe's offer to Daniel and Nicole, and then the trio in a hospital, Nicole's eggs have been harvested. Daniel has made a deposit. Three weeks later, the trio learn that the procedure did not take. Later later in the new-flashback past (Feb '16), Nicole is lamenting the loss of Daniel, Chloe learns that Nicole has to decide what to do with her eggs. Nicole says she can't ask Chloe to try again. (This mini-scene opened with Chloe shouting goodbye to Parker.) Chloe tells her belly she did it all in secret.

In her bedroom at the Kmansion, Jeannie Theresa flashes back to her talk with Mateo. Mateo calls her, he's been spying on her and has seen Tate's nursery. Mateo insinuates that he's kidnapped Tate. Jeannie T runs through the house and out the front door. Mateo taunts her as Tate and Brady stroll up the walk. Brady notices her mood, she claims she was just worried because of the recent siege. Mateo, who's been on the phone the whole time, continues to taunt her. He finds coercing a woman exciting. (Ed Note: Who is he, EJ?) Brady comes down, Jeannie T drops the phone in her pocket, picks Tate up. There's a calling card in his stroller. (This is happening at the front foyer while Deimos/Maggie are in the Study.) Brady suspects Tate picked it up. (Tate also allegedly was pointing to and talking about dogs.) Brady has to go for a meeting with Philip. Jeannie T hugs Tate.

Deimos returns to the Kmansion. In the study, Victor learns that Deimos' search came up empty, wishes him luck and assistance should he need it; leaves. Maggie enters, not on crutches anymore (Ed Note: This seems like a story point that should have had some airtime.) Deimos wants to talk to Maggie. He wants her to call Parker, she steadfastly refuses. He just wants to be a part of his child's life. Still no, per Maggie. She now wants to talk about Nicole, who is devastated. Deimos laments opening up to Nicole and being betrayed by her. Maggie says that Chloe and Nicole have been friends for "decades" and points out that the secret she kept from Deimos tore her up. Maggie suggests he look at things from Nicole's side, or lose her forever. He's not sure she loves him; Maggie points out she's cautious and still recovering from her Sainted Egg-baby.

In a church, Jeannie T is praying over a rosary and has summoned Victor. She explains her situation with Mateo, wants Victor to use his connections to help Brady and Tate. Victor says he can't help, he's not powerful enough. He suggests she call her father; she says her only option is to run forever. But that would mean that Mateo would just kill people she loves to pay her back, so she decides to go with Mateo.

Back at their bedroom, Jeannie T asks Brady to make love to her. (Ed Note: Thankfully, the scene cuts.)

Nicole gets a call from Deimos, who says he's sorry. He wants her forgiveness.

Back in limbo, Chloe apparently tried again on her own, the previous paperwork had allowed her to do this sans Nicole's permission. She was glad she kept it a secret, since the clinic told her it failed. But when the paternity test revealed Deimos wasn't the baby's father, she knew the fertility clinic had been wrong. You, little one, are Daniel and Nicole's child.

Well, I'm happy for Nicole to get her own child, finally. But I hate that it's the yolk of the Sainted Egg-baby, and half sibling to Lil' Toddler Mel.

Why couldn't this little egglet have been Nicole and Rafe's?? Two birds, one egg.

I must say that I am good with this explanation of the time line of Chloe being the surrogate for Daniel and Nicole. Now, if we can just wrap up Nicole and Deimos satisfactorily. Either let them have a clean break, or make him learn from the incident and work really hard to make it up to Nicole and be a better person.

If he can be good to her, and treat her with respect. I'm okay with them being together. If that's the route the writers go, they need to hurry up and let Chloe see that Deimos really has changed so that Nicole can learn the truth about Chloe's pregnancy and get to be excited about the baby. I want Nicole to know it's her baby before the baby is born!

I was so delighted with yesterday's return of Shane and Chloe's mother. Also, the reference to Jack and the Salem Spectator history. Felt like old times. And today we get to revisit Nicole's history of failed pregnancies and her longing for a child. I so want that to finally happen for her.

It cracks me up about Theresa saying how Mateo "tracked her down and found her" in Salem.

How hard could it have been when they did press releases for Basic Black and then JD Wear, which all mentioned Theresa as the designer??

One "Ewe Search" and he'd have found her in a Salem minute.

I'm another who wants Nicole to have a baby of her own, but this situation has two major downsides. It revives Daniel Jonas to the point we will never, ever stop hearing about him. And also, I can't see Deimos being very happy to learn Nicole has her own baby, while he once again he loses "his" baby. And it gets to be Nicole's instead! I don't see that working out well for the two of them being together, and as of right now, it appears every effort will be made to put him and Nicole together.

How hard could it have been when they did press releases for Basic Black and then JD Wear, which all mentioned Theresa as the designer??
Somebody else (who's really funny and snarky, LOL) had the same thought.
I must say that I am good with this explanation of the time line of Chloe being the surrogate for Daniel and Nicole.
It actually works, and makes sense. Even though I hate it, it makes all the pieces fall into place. I would have liked a line about her being more pregnant than she originally thought, though, unless she and Deimos had been intimate in Chicago prior to his Salem return. Well done, kinda. LOL
I can only hope Chloe got the sperm donors mixed up, lol.
I would live for this!!! It can be literally anybody else in Salem and I'd be over the moon!!!

I didn't want to be right about "who's the father?" storyline, but they did fairly well with it. Chloe worries me now though. I hope we aren't looking at a "Chloe goes wacko" story in the future.

I have seen the "Chloe carrying Daniel and Nicole's baby" theory being speculated about on another site for the past couple of weeks and I didn't buy it because it just seem far-fetched to me. But hearing it explained I have to give them credit for having it make some sense.

I did kind of like the device of having Chloe "tell" the baby how it all went down. But honestly I think if she had to tell the little whippersnapper a story I would have preferred hearing "Hansel and Gretel" or "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" instead. LOL

On a serious note I find this total unwillingness or inability on the part of the powers that be on the show to let the character of Daniel Jonas go absolutely fascinating. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. Since they obviously think Daniel is so important why did they kill him off? It's a puzzler.

Theresa: I think I would have found it just as believable if some emissary from the Andromeda Galaxy landed in the middle of the Horton Town Square and told Theresa that she is the 756 reincarnation of their Goddess and Empress Mott-Mott and that their civilization is on the brink of total collapse and only her return can restore peace and prosperity. Indeed I think I not only would find it more believable but actually preferable to what we're getting.

In other words; I just ain't buying it.

Back