Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 30, 2017

Thanks, Jason.

What an episode.

I enjoyed the scenes with Will. He doesn't remember Sami, but
he knows she's the worse than Susan was in being a mother.

Even Marlena couldn't believe what Sami did.

It was funny when Ben kept calling Sami crazy.

I was surprised Rafe called it off with Hope.

Kate got lucky that Andre gets to stay in the mansion so he
didn't tell Chad
the truth. I'm sure later on Andre will use the truth against her.

I wonder if Andre will end up blackmailing Kate?

I'll be very disappointed if this isn't what actually happens. Though on the flip side, Kate seemed willing to confess.

Enough with Abby and her new best friend Andre. It doesn't work and it doesn't make sense. Do your homework writers. I also need Chad and Abby OUT of Andre and Kate's orbits. It makes them even more boring than they already are.

The Rafe/Hope scenes were fantastic again. I think Galen Gering (Rafe) should submit these scenes to the Emmys. I wasn't expecting Rafe to break up with Hope based on the spoilers I'd seen. I thought she'd break up with him or it would be mutual. I also didn't care for Hope begging. That was my only issue with these scenes.

The townhouse scenes were gold. I hope it's a long time before Will forgives Sami, if he even does. I also think Sami's younger kids should be taken away from her after this stunt. She needs some consequences aside from Will's anger. I also liked that Ben threw Sami under the bus. I'd love him to come back for revenge one day.

Rafe and Sami: BRING IT

I was so glad everyone called Sami out on what she did to Will. Seriously, this woman is so unhinged as to have her son's murderer reenact the night he (supposedly) was killed. John was my favorite today when he told her to just leave, and even Marlena and Lucas refused to listen to her. I do wonder, as Will seemed to remember that night during the strangling if his memory will slowly start to return now.

So Rafe broke it off with Hope. I thought she was going to be the one to end things. I do feel that a lot of issues came out that needed to be said, with him resenting her position as commissioner and her hesitation in marrying him. One of my biggest problems with this pairing, other than the age difference and both were at a different point in their lives, was that there was never any conflict with them. In order to be a viable couple they needed some issues. This might just be a small hiccup in their relationship, but if they do come back together, they might be stronger together.

Kate sharing her guilt with Andre about Theo might come back to haunt her. At least she admitted she was afraid about going to jail. I do feel that Chad needs to eventually know what Kate did. Perhaps it will stop him from forming the pseudo mother son bond they tend to have. I wonder of Andre will use this information to blackmail her or if somehow it leads to some kind of understanding between the two. If they are redeeming Andre, I hope it turns out he has been a brainwashed Tony. The groundwork is there with Will's story about coming back to life with another person's memory.

No words about that final scene with Rafe and Sami. Rafe should be as appalled as Marlena, John, and Lucas were for the stunt she pulled on Will. Unfortunately, since Rafe is also upset after breaking up with Hope, I think that he will be commiserating with Sami.

They're lucky to have each other, and never won't (not an anvil at all)
Just for clarity, Chad says, "I don't know what I'd do without you." Abby says, "You won't have to."
I'd love him to come back for revenge one day.
Great idea! Even better if it's DiMera-style revenge; turns out his mom was another of Stefano's flings, Clyde knew it, and set his sights on the DiMeras on purpose. Ben comes back to town with a pardon from the governor and a claim to DiMera, and a vendetta against Sami. Even better if he battles and destroys her off-screen and we just hear about it. LOL
as Will seemed to remember that night during the strangling
I couldn't tell if Will was remembering, or just dying at first. Upon rewatch I realised they were using actual dialogue from the 10/9/2016 episode shot from Will's point of view, so he was remembering it. Ben also was having flashbacks too. Disturbing, but wonderfully done, scenes.
This might just be a small hiccup in their relationship, but if they do come back together, they might be stronger together.
Hear hear. My problem with the couple was they only ever talked about how awesome they were for each other, or about Ciara and how awesome a dad-figure Rafe was for her. Never their differences. Never their pasts beyond a few glib mentions of Bo or Aiden. If they work through this, as I suspect they will, I will be more on their side than I am now.
If they are redeeming Andre, I hope it turns out he has been a brainwashed Tony.
He's done been redeemed already.

This was driving me nuts, so I went back and looked up our summaries. They were red and blue back then. (I kept picturing a Pepsi logo at the time)
They were flashing red and blue during the fight. I was paying attention to that too.
what are the red and blue flashing lights outside the window of Ben and Abby's apartment?
Interesting that the fireworks were illuminating Aiden in red and blue lights, the same as when Ben is in his apartment and the red and blue light flashes from outside.
Interesting that when Ben said he hated himself, the light outside turned blue.
I thought the red and blue flashing lights were weird too.
I found it interesting that those flashing red and blue lights in Ben's apartment disappeared when the cops showed up.

We can see or have read where this is going with Sami and Rafe. Is that all she knows how to do when she is grief stricken? I think it would be the last thing on my mind. Speculation, I know.

Lucas appeared sobered up. John gently telling Sami to leave and her not pulling away or screeching was refreshing, to say the least. Will was fantastic. Thank you for bringing back Chandler Massey as Will. I never cared for the other version of him.

Hope managed to marry again and be over Bo. Rafe is a known better guy than Aiden. Chemistry wasn't there for me between Hope and Rafe. Hope's version of Police Commissioner never seemed authentic. I always felt she was like a child trying to play act how they think an adult acts. Seemed very awkward. Wonder if she will go back to being a cop or choose to take her life in a different direction.

The past 8 days I have been skipping around and watching episodes here and there so I missed a couple. Has Roman been reunited with Will yet?

I was actually glad that Rafe was the one to break up with Hope. But I do foresee them getting back together even if they use Sami as a love triangle.

I'm beyond ready for Lucas to accept help for his alcoholism and start getting his life back together. It doesn't have to happen overnight but let's have some movement.

Like I said before, I'm glad they gave Abe some good scenes but now he's taking it too far. I tend to fast forward his yelling and blaming now.

I'm so incredibly sad. I love Alison Sweeney (Sami) but the writers have ruined her character, Sami Brady. It just makes me sad watching how the writers treat her character (by having her character treat her own child so incredibly wrong). What Sami did to Will is so sick, so wrong, so unforgivable, that even I, a devoted Alison Sweeney/Sami Brady supporter, believe the time has come for her character to leave the show and never, ever return.

HOWEVER, all of the acting has been really good. Bravo to all of the cast!

Last edited:
I didn't catch that the lights were red and green. That green light looked new. I didn't notice it in the flashbacks (which were newly created), I only saw blue in those.

Did Abe dismiss Hope from law enforcement completely or just as Commissioner?

I noticed that the lights were flashing red and green this time, and thought it was odd, since I remembered them as being red and blue last time. Maybe they used the different colors to make the scenes a bit more clear. The red and green make us sure that what we're seeing is the present, while the red and blue remind us that it is a flashback, since they had to reshoot them. I don't know. I don't remember seeing blue at all in the flashbacks, but that could make sense given the circumstances.

Back