Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 1, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Anne shows up at the Kmansion to take Jeannie Theresa out. It's been too long. Jeannie T has responsibilities, etc., Anne throws out some great one-liners, can't get Jeannie T to come along with her though. Jeannie T needs to make changes in her life, still is hooked on getting Brady to fall back in love with her. Anne realises she's being ditched. Maybe she should grow up. Jeannie T claims (wrongly) that Anne didn't try to stop her destructive behaviour, Anne points out that she has always had Jeannie T's back, good luck grovelling to people who don't care about her.

At Eve's, Eve puts on a sad record. (Kassie DePaiva, who portrays Eve, is the singer.) Looks at a flyer for the funeral, rushes out.

At the Horton House, Jennifer is talking on the phone to Laura about the tragedy of Paige, how JJ has the wedding of Abigail and her baby to focus on, and how super great Ben is.

Ben is flashing back to wearing a hood & committing the murders of Serena & Paige. Abby wonders what's up. He's flummoxed over a baby bouncer that he's not putting together right. She comforts him, they won't need that for a month, months, maybe a year. Later, Ben is talking to the sonogram about keeping it safe from Chad DiMera.

Chad tries to get the bum to get him to meet with Rafe, if not the cops. The bum demands $100k. Chad tries to negotiate, talks him down a bit, then implores him to stay there while he gets the money.

Montage (with cheap, but easily replaced, music) of Abby trying on wedding dresses with Jen. They settle on one, apparently, although Abby doesn't like it. (It's really slim for a bride that's expecting, to be honest.) They laugh as Jen plans to hold it to keep it smooth, lol. Jen wonders what turned Ben around on staying, Abby mentions all the things they have here, and the house Clyde bought. Jen gets upset, Abby senses it, Jen wants to make sure that Ben doesn't owe Clyde anything. They need to go to Barron's, Abby's tried everything there, maybe Chicago, Jen suggests. Abby wants Jeannie T to design her wedding dress. She wants a unique dress that nobody's worn before, that fits. Jen agrees, but jokes about hiding the silver. Abby texts Jeannie T »Wedding SOS!« imploring her to come over.

Ben is working at Edge of the Square and continuing to flash back. Eve comes in and orders a drink. Later, Anne comes in, orders a drink, Eve gives her the cold shoulder. Anne goes off about how Eve used to be jealous of her, but she can have Jeannie T. Eve tries to get her to stop, but who can get Anne to stop, LOL. Eve solemnly says she's burying her only child tomorrow. Anne is aghast, she forgot, apologises and offers her condolences. Also mentions that Jeannie T didn't say anything about it.

Chad has snuck into the Dimansion, gets caught by André. Chad doesn't have time for this, André jokes about Chad being the favoured son 2.0. André points out that this plan is foolish, Chad wants the police to lay off him to find the real killer. André gets Chad to look at the situation objectively, if Stefano's not setting him up, who is? Chad's eyes are on Clyde. André gives Chad a burner phone that he can use if he gets in a jam.

Jeannie T arrives at the Horton House, Abby is impressed with how quickly she arrived. Jen is cordial, welcomes her, offers her condolences. They talk about how special Paige was, how they want to attend the funeral, will that be okay? Jeannie T is sure Eve won't even notice. Jen can't imagine Eve's pain. Jeannie T changes the subject, wants Abby to tell her everything she needs the dress to be.

Justin shows up at the DiMansion, wants to search it. André says he needs a warrant, Justin will get one, he will find an unpurchased-by-Stefano judge. Knows how Stefano thinks, where the bodies are buried, from his time helping EJ with a takeover. They kick him out, Justin notices something on the floor as he leaves. (OK everybody take a moment to appreciate how Justin is the DA and just chatted with André as if he weren't an insane murderer.) He shows André and Stefano a lure, have they been fishing? André retorts, "The only one fishing here is you." Justin takes it for them. André and Stefano exchange emotive looks.

Chad arrives at the docks, the homeless guy is insane, doesn't know who he is. He talks about never getting in blue cars, doesn't remember Chad, won't submit to mind control. (They really found a terrific dayplayer here.)

Eve is in her darkened apartment, collapses on the couch. There's a knock, she tells Eddy to go away. She doesn't even want to see him tomorrow. More knocks. Eve answers the door, and it's Jennifer. Jennifer doesn't want Eve to be alone. Eve IS alone. She needs her daughter, hates that Paige died hating her. Jennifer tries to console her, Eve is understandably incosolable, Jenn knows nothing of loss. Jenn agrees, that losing a child is something she doesn't know, but she lost Jack, who died saving Abby. Eve is alone in a way that Jennifer will never understand. Jen tries to console her, Eve tosses her out, she's done her good deed for the day. Nothing can help her. Jennifer leaves, telling Eve they'll be at the service, leaves. Eve cries, throws her glass.

At the Horton House, Jeannie T and Abby are working on the dress. Jeannie asks about Abby's "popping" now that she's showing. Did she feel it? etc. (Nice scenes, would have been great a year ago.) Jeannie relays how much she missed from the experience with Tate. There's a moment of venom as Jeannie T assumes that Abby is putting her down (over a comment about raising Tate with his father). They mellow, and talk about how great Ben is.

Great Ben is talking with Will at EOTS. Will has been talking to Sonny (who also talks to Arianna), trying to get him to talk to Chad, who's on the run. Ben hopes they catch him, thinks faking a brain tumour is the same as multiple murders. Will points out the fallacy therein, believes Chad's innocent, he took a bullet for EJ, etc. Will says he pushed Abby to Ben, he's always been Team Ben, she's better off with Ben. Ben asks Will to be his best man.

In the shack, Chad laments his fate. Doesn't notice a text from André warning him the police know where he is. Meanwhile Justin is on the phone, relays that the lure was made for Victor by Sonny when Sonny was 10, the only place it could have come from is the old Lake House, and must have been transported there by Chad. A unit's been sent to the Kiriakis property.

The cops bust the door open, Chad's gone. On the docks, he texts "Father" thanks.

Jeannie T is working on the dress sketches.

At EOTS, Will tells Abby he's going to be the best man. Abby's thrilled. Will leaves, Abby tells Ben about Jeannie designing the dress. They hug, Ben flashes back to killing Serena and Paige, holds Abby a little too tight. He will never let Abby go.

Last edited:
Justin shows up at the DiMansion, wants to search it. André says he needs a warrant, Justin will get one, he will find an unpurchased-by-Stefano judge. Knows how Stefano thinks, where the bodies are buried, from his time helping EJ with a takeover. They kick him out, Justin notices something on the floor as he leaves. (OK everybody take a moment to appreciate how Justin is the DA and just chatted with André as if he weren't an insane murderer.)
Once again, no one shrieks in horror to see a "dead" man suddenly alive??? Same as when Kristen returned to Salem. No one even batted an eye that she was alive and well, after many of them attended her funeral.

Not only that, Justin says to Andre "your father" as he gestures toward Stefano.

How in the world does Justin know that Andre and Stefano are now father and son? Or did Justin assume Andre was Tony....who is also dead??

It would be out of character if Justin WASN'T out for the blood of a DiMera. Granted, he's acting like a total jack-wagon, but having a Kiriakis looking for the head of a DiMera on a platter seems about right.

Justin, Justin, Justin. He needs to cut back on the caffeine. I can't wait till that smuggness is knocked right off his face. What loud mouth, arrogant, self righteous blow hard he turned out to be. I actually walk out of the room when his on.

I really liked the scenes with Theresa, Abby and Jennifer; then Eve and Jennifer.

I found it odd that Abby was trying on dresses in the Horton living room. Geez, wouldn't you be doing that upstairs in a bedroom or bathroom? Not in the living room with those big French doors, and a front door that is never locked? Nothing like being in your slip and/or undies and having someone waltz through the front door.

Theresa just WOW, she knocked it out the ball field I have to say. Definitely this is the new writers. What transformation in Jeannie T. She is showing how serious she is in wanting to show Brady she can make it in Basic Black, has been consoling Eve and mourning Paige, willing to set aside personal feelings to do Abigail's dress, and dump Anne as a friend. Definitely she is making a redemption.

I felt bad for Anne as now Anne is back to being a lone wolf but she was very insensitive to Eve. I liked how Jeannie T told Anne that she always egged her on and encouraged her to go overboard. Such a thing as a toxic friendship.

Chad and Andre were great together. I liked how Chad told Andre when he found out that was his brother "I don't have time for this right now!"

I also liked how Ben was the one who served Eve a drink.....I find it ironic and perhaps......a speculation that can lead to foreshadowing.

Justin comes off as a barking chihuahua really. All bark and no bite. He is now the new obnoxious character replacing Eric. Little does he know that Uncle Vic has a pact with Stefano, and somewhat allies to the DiMeras to take down Clyde. To me Justin comes off totally as a newbie DA overdoing it, which may lead to him making bad mistakes.

Poirot, I agree that Abby Jen wedding dress music was ANNOYING. As bad as the Shawn and Belle love music in the Last Blast crew hehe.

Abby texts Jennifer »Wedding SOS!« imploring her to come over.

I think you mean Jeannie Theresa:)

I actually thought this was very odd too. Abby and Jeannie hate each other supposedly and Abby just sends a sudden, random text? I think a phone call would have been more appropriate here. That said, I did enjoy the "bonding" scene. It would have been even better with Gabi included as a fellow young mom. I would have thought Abby would have asked Gabi to be maid of honor too.

Jeannie T needs to do a lot more than say she is changing in order for me to believe it.

I was wondering why they weren't trying on wedding dresses at the actual store!!!

There are definite holes in the Andre stuff. Yesterday he referred to Chad as his brother in front of Aiden. This after he refuses to introduce himself. Today Justin stood there without batting an eyelash and then referred to Stefano as his father. Then on top of that Chad doesn't recognize his own brother??? You'd think Stefano would have photos around. I did think it was funny how skeptical Chad was of Andre. That look he gave Stefano behind Andre's back was everything.

I am starting to think that maybe Justin is WAY too obsessed about getting the Dimera family. Maybe he is the unknown "twist" in the murders??? Just my opinion/ thought.

I've had similar thoughts about Justin. He is trying a little too hard to bust Chad. Past feuds aside, this guy is his son's best friend. He should know better.

The Eve-Jennifer scenes were great too. Loved Jennifer's dress. I was hoping to hear the full song on the record.

Where was Justin when Andre was running amok in Salem, burying Roman alive, and then apparently dying at University Hospital?? This guy, not anyone in the Salem P.D. is the clueless wonder. Imagine the following conversation: Andre: "Father, that man now knows I'm alive and in Salem!"; Stefano: "Relax, Justin Kiriakis is a clueless fool. Lucas Horton once bedded his wife right under his nose!" Elsewhere, Jeannie T. continues to shine, but pity poor Anne. She needs to hire a party-hearty girl as a new assistant pronto. Also, pity the customers over at "Club Victor." How would they react if they knew that the guy serving them drinks is the dreaded necktie killer?

@Eras.....JasonDiSpeech wrote the summary today, I have not even seen the show. Hopefully I can watch on POP tonight.
Does a DA really go doing the work of police? Searching a house? Really? Is that his perogative or jurisdiction?

No, Ben, the person the baby needs protection from is you.

Sorry Will, if only you knew how untrue your comment is about Abby being better off with Ben.

Furthermore Ben, Chad did not make you kill anyone, you did that all on your own. Blaming Chad for something you did is reprehensible

I can't remember a time when Justin and Andre (or Tony) were in Salem at the same time (that's probably not correct and they may have been at times I was unable to watch), but it seems unlikely that he wouldn't know what he/they look like. The Kiriakis/DiMera feud has been going on for so many years, one would think they had used each others photos for target practice (or at least a dartboard game).

I found the Theresa-Jennifer-Abigail scenes amusing in the way they were all walking on eggshells just trying to remain civil to one another. I also found that the wedding preparation and bonding scenes were suffering from a Gabi deficit (but then I also felt the Dimera scenes suffered from a Gabi deficit as well so what do I know?). But maybe the scenes with Abigail asking Gabi to be her maid of honor (who else would she ask?) are still to come.

So Will let me get this straight the reason why you lured Abigail to your apartment so Chad could express his true love to her was because you are and have always been on "Team Ben?" I swear this guy is like a recently planted young sapling he just bends in whichever direction the wind blows. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I liked how Jeannie T told Anne that she always egged her on and encouraged her to go overboard. Such a thing as a toxic friendship.
Except she really didn't. Anne was often trying to get Jeannie T to give up her dumb schemes.
I agree that Abby Jen wedding dress music was ANNOYING
I actually enjoyed the music. The reason I made the comment is because old clips on YouTube are often pulled for having copyrighted music that's too expensive. This was clearly made with that in mind.
Was it just me that noticed Will sounded like he had a cold or was he portraying to be intoxicated? His voice was very scratchy and hardly recognizable.
Yes, I made a joke on twitter about how it sounds like he's been strangled.
Jeannie T needs to do a lot more than say she is changing in order for me to believe it.
Agreed. Furthermore, she's still on her dumb quest to win Brady, rather than working to better herself for her own sake and Tate's. Pathetic.

I found several things annoying in today's show. 1) since when does Abby love Chad? We know she does, but I thought it was poor writing for Chad to say it today. 2) how selfish and self centered of Abby to send Theresa, her enemy who she rips down, a text saying SOS come now and do this for me. 3) Will said to Ben that he told Abby Chad was bad for her. Um Will, YOU convinced Abby to come listen to Chad. 4) when was Brady ever in love with Theresa? I thought she said she was going to get Brady to fall in love with her again, but maybe I heard wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back