Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 1, 2015

Thanks for the summary Jason.

First thing, why did Justin not say anything about Andre being there? Did he say
his name? Did he wonder if it was Tony or Andre? I guess he was only focused
on one thing. Chad, Chad, Chad. Interesting it was the lure that Sonny made
that gave Justin a clue where Chad was.

I enjoyed the scene with Theresa and Abby when they were discussing the "pop"

I hope Theresa can make the perfect dress for Abby. I can't wait to see Kate
and Nicole's faces when they see it.

Poor Anne, she's going to have to find a new drinking pal since Theresa doesn't
want to do that anymore.

Enjoyed Eve and Jen. Jen wants to be a friend, but Eve won't let her guard down.

Tomorrow is the funeral. Remember the tissues.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused about Justin acting so nonchalantly about seeing Andre. From what I understand Justin was not onscreen at the same time as either Tony or Andre. However, it's not like Justin wouldn't know the history or the people involved. Aiden not knowing Andre is one thing, Justin is another story.

I liked the scenes with Abigail and Theresa. It was a little weird for Abby to text Theresa all sweetly as if they've been friends forever but the conversation and bonding about pregnancy and babies was nicely done.

The Eve and Jennifer scenes were nice too.

I knew Chad would be wrong for thinking he could trust the word of a bum. The guy is obviously suffering from mental problems. Poor Chad. I hope he catches a break soon. Luckily he got the text in time from Father. How convenient that he dropped a fishing lure that Justin recognized as one that Sonny made. Gee, talk about plot point. LOL.

I was not expecting Ben to ask Will to be his best man but I guess it makes sense. These scenes must have been taped the same time as the Emmy's aired because Guy Wilson (Will) sounded like he was sick or had laryngitis which was how he sounded when presenting at the Emmy's. Although he sounded and appeared drunk there too. LOL.

The Justn/Andre/Stefano scene felt edited to me. Maybe there was an earlier scene cut? Anyway it's a huge continuity error or story gap not to have Justin shocked to see Andre alive!!

Jennifer speaking lovingly of Jack's death was touching. It was also 2 years overdue. Kudos to the new writers! :clap:

Whatever the reason for her leaving, I would just hate to lose another character that actually has personality and storyline potential.

Theresa blamed Anne for some of her actions unfairly. Anne has always been there for Theresa, good or bad, not just a fair weather friend. Hopefully this friendship, storyline continues because I would hate for this to be the end of Anne.

Except she is not on contract, is recurring, so can leave on her own anytime if she got another series w/contract. Wally Kurth (Justin) was recurring, not being used, so went over to GH, but Days put him on contract when the new writers came aboard.

Thanks for the summary.
I actually only enjoyed the scenes with Theresa/Eve/Jennifer/Abigail. I did think it was odd that Abigail just texted her like that, but whatever. I'm so glad that Theresa is starting to grow up. But one thing I didn't like is that she was wrong about Anne. She was there for her, good and bad times alike, but it is indeed time that she moved on. I wouldn't mind Anne leaving the soap because she's been on for too long and although funny at times, is starting to get annoying. Plus, I don't think she'd fit in with what this new writing regime has in store. I also liked the Eve scenes. Phenomenal acting. It was a nice gesture for Jennifer to go over there to visit, but she should realize that her feud with Eve isn't going away anytime soon.

I'm tired of Ben/Abigail/Chad murder story already. Especially with pompous Justin and the poor writing involved in the non-reaction everyone has towards Andre being back. I just want this thing to be solved already.

Makes no sense that Will is all of a sudden "Team Ben" when just a month ago he seemed to be "Team Chad", who's his best friend, after all.

I seem to be in the minority, but Anne has been annoying to me from the beginning. The actress does a good job but I just don't care for the character. Still, I didn't like the way Theresa brushed her off, and yet, I doubt there was any way Theresa could have remained friends with her, other than going out and partying and drinking with her, so I think Theresa had to break ties if she wants to stay sober and improve her life.

By that argument, she should also break ties with Brady since he was once her drinking and drug buddy too.

I actually would like to see Anne outside the Jeannie Theresa bubble. Since Chad is a Board member, have her bug Jen about communicating this to the press. Better than watching Jen vs Eve again. I'd also like to see her with a guy. Try her out with maybe Roman, Andre, etc. Also have her involved with on boarding Dr. Salinas.

I wouldn't have a problem if Theresa did break ties with Brady (they can still raise a child without being buddies or lovers themselves) but I was thinking more along the lines of not what she and Anne did in the past, but rather that Anne seemed stuck on getting Theresa to party with her now. Brady is no longer encouraging her to drink or do drugs.

If Anne were given something to do besides hate on people and drink and make a fool of herself sucking up to "important" people, then I might enjoy her more. But then she wouldn't be Anne--unless she had some kind of life-changing experience.

Anne is funny, and played by a terrific actress. I would hate for her to be gone, but I do think Theresa treated her badly. There is no reason they could not still be friends, have lunch, go to dinner & a movie maybe, together. They can have have a drink without partying, exchange confidences. Anne gave Theresa a lot of slack in her job, put up with overly long breaks, failure to do assigned work, late arrivals, early departures, and a lot of covering of mistakes.
Theresa could have just told Anne that she has a baby, responsibilities for him, plus the new job, all taking her time and energy, and just cannot go out to party at last minute or on a whim any more. AND assured Anne they will still be friends.
I really would like to see Anne get promoted or something...anything that would cause her to be happier in her job. (And I really do think it was very unfair the way Jen got that job over Anne)

Back