Days of Our lives - Thu., Oct. 13, 2016

Once again I am enjoying Chad and Gabi's friendship but I thought fifty bucks was kind of a steep wager for a bet of that nature. I would have said twenty at the most. I was actually kind of surprised that he really took it.
Me too. Chad must really pay Gabi well for her consulting. She's a single mother with a record, she should be hoarding every penny just in case LOL.
I still don't think [André]'s really needed but I am enjoying the way he's being used currently.
This exactly sums up my feelings on André.

I got feelings from today.

1) I think Andre was on the phone with Laura. He had told someone that he found someone to work with, or something like that, but the bigger chief, yes I believe is Kate.

2) I think Aiden will die from these bombs Orpheus is setting off. Just a gut feeling, not a spoiler.

I also did like this episode. Again I love how many Salemites are intermingling due to this trio of villains.

Agreed. Who needs young blood when Steve, Kayla, John, and Marlena are around? Not me, that's for sure.

Completely agree except it still bugs me that Hope is on the sidelines here. She was involved with Orpheus the first go around too. They should have her and Roman be the involved cops or they should have brought Shawn back as soon as Claire was kidnapped and have him be the younger generation involved in place of Bo. Belle should have also been the one kidnapped instead of Claire but I digress.

@Heather.....To Aiden, Clyde said......don't count on it

Thanks! That tells me Clyde may not be gone permanently.

I think Andre was on the phone with Laura.

He was actually talking about Laura with the person on the phone.

Me too. Chad must really pay Gabi well for her consulting. She's a single mother with a record, she should be hoarding every penny just in case LOL.
Good point. Imagine poor Gabi looking for a job outside of Salem in a world that doesn't exactly welcome convicted murderers and thinks that all things DiMera are unalterably evil. E.g., "Ms. Hernandez, according to your resume, it says that you were once imprisoned for murder and then worked for a DiMera. Don't call us, we'll call you." This means that she should resolutely remain in Salem where the likes of Kate, Sami, and Brady can obtain corporate leadership positions and no-shows like Jenny are immune from being fired.

Good point, JS. Imagine the panic among certain Salemites if Titan TV broke into regular programming with news flashes like these:

Orpheus Cleans Out Money Tree in Daring Daytime Robbery;

Orpheus Blows Up Money Tree: Passersby Loot the Scattered Cash;

Salem Money Tree Closed Indefinitely for Repairs;

Salem Money Tree Missing: Police Baffled (As Usual).

I'm enjoying the different scarves Kayla is wearing.

I'm fascinated by all the different colors she has--yes, there must be a closet full of them--but I wish they'd come up with a different way to wrap and tie the scarves. This style reminds me of a pot turned upside down on her head.

I am guessing that Kayla was supposed to have had her head shaved, or partially shaved, thus the scarves. She would not be able to wear a hat, except over the scarf.

Some years ago, on GL, a female character had cancer, did chemo, etc. The actress wore scarves, and in real life, insisted on getting a sort of buzz cut, in order to portray accurately the "growing out" phase after the character lost her hair. Talk about being realistic. But it was the actress who insisted on doing that.

In Kayla's case, she had brain surgery, so am just guessing that just a portion of hair was shaved off (the character) so, scarves would be what she would wear. At least until that portion grew back enough. I have seen women in church at times, wearing them. Then they opt for a wig.

Mother-in-law has cancer, the chemo she was on initially was the type that made her hair fall out. In the beginning she wore scarves and caps a lot because they caught the hair fall, and because they were soft against her scalp. Also it was summer here, and they were cooler to wear than the wig. She wore the wig to anything more formal or important though.

I assumed Kayla's hair was partially shaved for the surgery hence the scarves - and I'm ok with them, I'd rather see the scarves than her wearing a bandage wrapped around her head, that would just look ridiculous.

Did Hope's shirt have bloodstains on the front? I can't recall why they'd be there but they were oddly placed for being a pattern in the fabric.

I very much enjoyed Marlena's handbag twirl when the second bomb went off. I hope someone makes a GIF of it.

edited to write out text-speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great episode! OK, Hope/Aiden/Rafe was blah as usual, but everything else--the plan to arrest Clyde, Lucas & Adrienne, the vets...all so good and suspenseful! Kudos to the writers and actors! And I'll say it: I'm surprised, but I really liked Andre!

Back