Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 19, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Teen Loft, Theo and Claire talk about how happy they are now that everything's perfect because they're back together. Claire and Theo ponder doing "it" on the living room couch. Theo worries that Tripp will come home, but Claire says she put in a word for Tripp at the Café, and he was hired, so he won't be home for awhile. Theo is momentarily nervous about her working with Tripp. Tripp is her friend, Theo is her boyfriend, case closed, Claire maintains. They elect to fornicate on the living room couch. (Ed. note: They can't help it, it's in their Salem DNA.)

At Statesville, Steve is going to see Hattie, and thinks he sees Adrienne. Of course it's not her. Hattie comes out, nothing moves forward (although Hattie has a flashback of her confrontation with Adrienne, as well as her "therapy session" with Bonnie). Hattie stonewalls and Steve threatens. He storms out, and seconds later Adrienne appears and calls for him. Of course she fails (Steve must have terrible hearing). Adrienne pleads with Hattie to reveal what Steve told her and learns of Bonnie's plot to marry Victor. Adrienne informs her that Steve will seek vengeance on Hattie when he uncovers the truth, and that's only a matter of time. Why be loyal to Bonnie over a promise to her when Bonnie hasn't thought twice about Hattie? Hattie agrees to help her.

Kayla is eating at the Café in the Square; she is talking to Val via phone, who had to cancel because of an emergency. Tripp is her waiter. Kayla is shocked, and they talk about how he gave all his Vitali money away, which Kayla eventually accepted for the hospital. They talk about how hard it will be to avoid running into each other, and she just wants to be okay with him, and will get there.

At Kmansion, Justin berates "Adrienne" for her plan to marry Victor, whom she always hated. She claims to have woken up one day to the realisation that she was in love with Victor. Justin doesn't believe it, and seriously doubts Victor feels the same. They go to ask him in the living room, where he is canoodling with Maggie. Victor tells Maggie to stop avoiding this, they are over. Maggie sobs. Victor has papers for Maggie to sign. Maggie refuses, asks for Justin's help in the fight. Justin will help, but Victor states that his offer for Maggie is more than generous. Maggie and Justin review it briefly, and Justin advises Maggie to take it rather than having a long, drawn-out battle. She signs the papers. Maggie claims that this will turn back around on "Adrienne," then leaves; Justin follows silently. Victor and Bonnie squabble, but Victor tells her HE calls the shots, and he had to get this over with quickly. (We don't hear how much Maggie was given, but he apparently did tell Bonnie.) Bonnie wants to marry today, and wants Victor to plan it all. He threatens to kill her as she goes to get ready.

At DiMansion, Sami enters and looks around the living room/study area. Chad enters, says, "This is a surprise." Sami's response is, "No, this is." She kisses him on the lips. Abby enters and cheap barbs are exchanged. Chad makes the suggestion to forget this ever happened after recognising Sami's harebrained scheme. Chad allows Sami to stick around for a few minutes out of respect to Will, and they recap the last few days' worth of developments (André using DiMera contacts, the Clyde-Rolf connection, etc). André enters, he doesn't want information he gets to go to the thief. There is squabbling between Chad and André, and André and Sami, until Abby quells it by imploring André's help.

Later, Steve has arrived at the Café, and sees Tripp and Kayla making amends (the end of their conversation). He comes up and updates her that Hattie stonewalled, but was lying.

In Statesville, Hattie gives Adrienne a phone card. She tries to call Justin, who is confronting Bonnie (moments after she left to "get ready" for her wedding to Victor).

At Will's grave, Sami talks about keeping his memory alive, and apparently she's been sending Arianna pictures and reminiscing about Will with her granddaughter. She sends him strength if he's out there, love if he's in his grave. She worries about his safety if he's alive, and swears to find him.

I actually really like Theo and Claire. But he does need to stop being so jealous.

It appears this Bonnie fiasco will be ending soon. I agree it seems Justin, Maggie and Victor are playing Bonnie. I sure hope so!! But really Adrienne misses Steve by 2 seconds and he apparently went deaf the minute he went through the door!! He absolutely would have heard her screaming for him. Soon I hope this over. Would kinda be nice to have Mimi comeback for her mother's downfall.

I don't like how they are playing it like Will was the love of Sonny's life. Yes he was his husband but it has been established that Paul was the love of his life.

Last edited:
Certain Salemites were badly in need of a reality check today. Hattie saw the light and helped Adrienne, but others still seem to be in the land of make believe on one level or another.

Bonnie: She leads the league in Salem delusions. Even if she manages to drag Victor into a wedding ceremony, as soon as her ugly plot is uncovered (which seems about to happen), the marriage would be annulled in a Salem second. And if her odd-couple relationship with the old grouch somehow lasts a little longer, a decidedly unfriendly visit from one of Victor's less-than-nice employees is almost certain.

Abigail: She thought Sami kissing Chad was an act of revenge? Sami giving Chad a single smooch would surely not suffice for the Salem screecher. If she was out for revenge, she wouldn't rest until Chad dumped Abigail, Jenny's Spectator went bust, and JJ was fired from the Salem P.D. (He should, but that's another matter.)

Sami: She actually thinks that EJ is sending Will some DiMera "strength?" The last thing poor Will needs, dead or alive, is the DiMera mojo. If St. Peter actually thought Will was a DiMera, he'd slam shut the pearly gates.

Claire: She actually said that "everything will be perfect" for her and poor Theo from now on. Obviously, she hasn't been paying attention to the fate of other Salem true-love relationships over the years. (Everything involving her and Theo today was FF-worthy.)

Last edited:
5 days in a row for Sami to be on screen. Still blathering about EJ?? Ugh!

Shame on Hattie for not helping Adrienne sooner. She, herself, had been hoodwinked by Andre', pretending to be Alfie, and why would she wish the same on anyone else? Hope went out of her way to clear Hattie, so she got helped, and she is unwilling to do the same for someone else, some SHE helped get in there to begin with? Very disappointed in Hattie.

Sami kissed Chad on purpose, and glad Abby was on to her immediately.Sami has done her smirks throughout. And really, I was hoping against all hope that Sami would not be still carrying on about her "great love" Ej, But of course, it will be like Nicole never stopping about Daniel. Enough already.

Dang Kayla, just let Tripp do his job. I mean, he only said it was his first day, plus showed he was kind of uncomfortable having that conversation right there, right then & tried to end the interaction like a hundred times. Way to be too pushy. I would not be surprised if Tripp made amends just so he did not get fired.

Thanks, Jason.

YPG, I was afraid Tripp might get fired too.

When Theo said ok to do it in the living room, I said oh
no not the couch. Will
someone come and see them?

Bonnie must think she lives in La La Land. Maggie only signed the papers today.
How can she and Victor get married the same day?

I'm glad Hattie gave Adrienne a phone card to use. It would have been better
if she told Steve the truth when he was there.. We all know why she didn't.
So this storyline can keep on going and going..

Lucas cannot see Allie.
In the real world, Sami wouldn't be allowed to take Allie all over the place, and Lucas would get visitation. His drinking might be a hindrance right now, but there is no reason for his not seeing his daughter for several years. Bad writing, or not enough money to hire an actress so Allie can see her dad?

So this storyline can keep on going and going..
Maybe this plot was written by the Energizer Bunny

I'm not trying to disagree but when was this established?
Maybe established was not the right word but they have talked a lot about Sonny and Paul being involved before and I think Sonny wanted to marry him but Paul wasn't out yet. I just don't think Will was his great love. Will did cheat on Sonny twice.

Thanks for the summary. Good Lord, what was Kayla wearing today? It was hideous! But I enjoyed her scenes with Tripp and Steve's with Hattie. Hopefully Hattie keeps her word regarding helping Adrienne.

The teens were filler. Boring. I'm also so sick of Bonnie. She's disgusting! I really hope that somehow Victor let Maggie and Justin in on the truth.

Sami is so petty for kissing Chad to bother Abby. It's been over 3 years. I'm so tired of her always talking about EJ as well. Hopefully she keeps her focus more on Will.

The Sami/Chad thing made no sense whatsoever. Not sure what Ron was going for but it didn't work. Also, I thought Abby and Sami were on ok terms when Sami left in 2014. Not that they were friends or anything but they seemed to have made peace after EJ's death.

Abby begging Andre for Sami? How about Abby begging Andre for her cousin Will? I hate how the show glosses over stuff like this. They do the same with Claire.

Speaking of Claire, I need to see the teens at least once a week. This is not how you develop the next generation.

Loved Hattie's "Hey Patchy" line. Also, loved Steve's line about confidentiality only counts for real doctors. Other than that, can we PLEASE end the doppelgänger nonsense now? And by end, I mean I don't want to see either one of them anymore. I do think Victor is plotting something against Bonnie but I don't think he knows that there is a doppelgänger. Kind of odd.

Fashion Notes:
  • I like Sami's suit but not the color of it. She looks like a traffic cone.
  • LOVED Claire's embroidered jeans
  • Kayla looks like she is wearing an apron. Very distracting.
  • Andre's pocket square has a mind of its own.

Back