Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 6, 2016

Someone (here, or maybe on another forum) told me Joey's full name is just Joe, because he's named for his grandmother Jo. Not Joseph. But I could have just imagined it.

Enjoyed Clyde/Orpheus/Crossword very much.

Love Marlena in therapist mode, and I enjoy when the show remembers she and Kate are supposed to be on friendly terms.

Jennifer was styled like Sami today, especially from the back/side. I did a double take at the start of the episode and had to check who it actually was. Ciara is still not great, but I appreciate that they are shoring up family connections now with her calling Jenn "Aunty Jennifer" and I also appreciated that they are showing us Jenn and Hope's closeness.

Found Rafe and Hope extremely uncomfortable to watch, and thought Rafe was a complete twit for punching Aiden in the face. Not only does he have the recording of Rafe discussing his role in the murder, it wouldn't be that hard for Aiden to bring up the whole covering-for-Gabi thing again and have him fired. It's just dumb for Rafe to antagonize Aiden, especially since it in no way helps Hope - which is what he claims his goals are.

Andre wise, he said he wouldn't say anything until "you are ready," which implies to me that Abby (I assume it's Abby) believes she's the one making the decision to stay away and have everyone believe she's dead. Of course, knowing Andre, it's unlikely that's the truth of the situation, but that's what it sounded like. And I like Laura so I'm happy to have her name dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice for TPTB: Your plywood over the windows is way too clean and neat. How about some hand-written messages about shooting looters, "Salem High Rules," "Rory Was Here," or "John Black Ruined My Life."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The current Soap Opera Digest has a "funny" set of lines from a scene between Laura and André. I don't remember this. Does anyone remember them interacting, or am I just blocking this out?

According to a bio....Joey's full legal name is Joseph.

Honestly do not recall Laura Horton ever interacting with Andre, but that doesn't mean a thing. If they did, was not important. LOLOL

Jo Johnson has three grandchildren named in her honor: Joseph Kiriakis (one of Adrienne and Justin's adopted twins), Abby's middle name is Johanna, and Joey Johnson (whose full name is Joseph).

And Adrienne's son also goes by Joey. At least he did as a baby.

I've also seen a lot of talk on Twitter about Joey Johnson's real name not being Joseph so that's why I asked. Maybe someone can find the clip of him being named.

Somebody in the prop department screwed up on that one.

So did the Executive Producer as that should have never made it to air.

On 9/6/16:
Andre is on the phone with someone, saying that he made a discovery, and thinks he has found someone to be "our ally". !!!
Now this makes sense. By the way, Laura and André did have a brief scene at the DiMansion together. I didn't remember the funny line though.

Maybe someone can find the clip of him being named.
OK, according to this, they used Joe. But Steve has referred to him as Joseph. And since they mention Adrienne's Joseph and calling their son just Joe, kind of sounds like while his full name is Joseph, they were going to just call him Joe.

I'm getting close to catching up. Just watched this one and have to say I enjoyed it more than any I'd seen in a while. There almost wasn't any of it I didn't enjoy!

I've never been a fan of Clyde, and I hadn't been able to get as much into the trio of criminals as many have, but in this episode, I found the conversation between Cyde and Orpheous very compelling. I even watched part of it twice. Both the actors were so good at it and their lines were most entertaining. Kept my full attention.

Then I never had imagined I could root for Andre under any circumstances, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play with Aiden. He has my full support in whatever way he cares to torment that sleezy excuse for a man.

I never really thought Andre could be interesting to me at all, but now I am also curious and eager to find out the identity of the person he was talking with on the phone. My guess is Abigail.

I think JS is right about Joey's name. It is Joseph, but they definitely say they will call him just Joe, because Adrienne's son is called Joseph, but noted, Adrienne's son was already in college, so there would not be any mixup or confusion.

Personally, I think there are entirely too many Salemites bearing the names of relatives, especially the grandparents. Nothing wrong with honoring them, That is great.

Maybe I am just "in a mood". It really can cause a great deal of confusion. (In my husband's family, he is named after his father, who was named after grandfather, and of course out son had to have the same name. It has caused so much confusion, mixups, problems, etc. thru the years )

That is what I am talking about. Want to laugh. At the time, we argued about naming our son with the same name.....he got his way. Today, he has said, if he had it do over, he would never name his son after himself and his father.

It does seem that they lose their individuality. Adrienne named a son Jackson after her brother, Joseph after her mother, Alexander is named after Justin's father, Victor after...Uncle Vic.

Gabi named her daughter after her late sister

Steve & Kayla ...Stephanie after her dad, Joey after Steve's mother

Heck, one can go thru most of the kids and young people and run into the same thing. Thomas is named after Tom Horton, we do know that. Guess Claire & Tyler lucked out. LOL

Let's see,

Hope's middle name is Alice.
Jennifer's middle name is Rose, after the woman who helped deliver her.
Mike was named for Mickey.
Dougie LeClair was named after Doug
Scotty Banning was named after David's adoptive father
Carrie is named after Caroline and Anna
DJ Craig was named after Don
Sami was named after her late Aunt Samantha and Eugene Bradford
Eric was named after Pop Shawn Brady's brother and Roman
Andrew Donovan was named for Shane's dad
Shawn Douglas after both of his grandfathers
Jeannie T is named after Shane's mother
Alexander Kiriakis after Justin's dad
Stephanie after Steve and Kayla (her middle name is Kay)
Joseph and Victor II after Jo Johson and Victor
Sonny was named after Jack (Jackson)
Brady after the Brady family
Abby was named after Alice's mother and her middle name is Johanna, after Jo Johnson
Belle was named after Isabella
Will was named after Bille and Kate (his middle name is Robert)
EJ's original name was John, Jr., after John
Zack's middle name was changed to Beauregard after Bo
JT was named after John and Tom Horton
Theo was named for his uncle Theo and for Brandon
JJ was named for Jack and Patrick Lockhart
Johnny's named after John and Roman
Allie is named after Alice and Caroline
Joey was named after Jo Johnson
Grace's middle name was Raphaela after Rafe
Parker was named after Daniel's mother (her maiden name)
Arianna was named after Gabi & Rafe's sister, and Grace
Thomas was named after Tom Horton and Jack

Other than Tate, most of the Salem babies have been named for other characters.

And Claire and Abigail and Sydney. You could argue Ciara as well but her middle name is Alice. I guess you could say the same for Abigail Johanna but at least their first names are all unique and not named for someone in Salem.

Zack's middle name was changed to Beauregard after Bo

I thought he was renamed to Beauregard Isaac Theo and they called him Zack for short.

Ciara knows Theo has a gun. I doubt Theo could get a permit so it is "stolen"?

A permit to purchase? I had to go look that up - Arkansas has no such requirement. Eleven states require a permit to purchase, 3 require a license to own, and D.C. requires that all firearms be registered. I must admit that your question about the possibility of the gun Theo had being stolen caught me off guard.

My 14-year-old daughter owns a gun. Her dad bought it for her, and it's kept in his gun safe, so she'd have to have one of us get it out for her, but it belongs to her. And at least one of the girls in her small Girl Scout troop participates in the youth hunt every year, so she probably has her own rifle. I just figured the gun that Theo had belonged to Abe. If he got it without permission, it could be considered stolen.

Back