Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept 17, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In his hospital room, Stefano opens his eyes and sees Victor. Stefano declares that he's not helpless, they exchange jabs. They talk about the murder, cops come looking at Vic's when these things happen, Victor doesn't want too much digging. Stefano wonders why he should care, Victor jabs about Chad being a suspect, maybe Stefano should stay in the hospital, etc. Stefano chides him about Maggie/Caroline both being at Victor's house. [Was this news to anyone else? It was to me and my tweeps (aka twitter people).]

In the private area of the square, Aiden meets with a big greasy shavedheaded thug looking for money. Aiden promises when his boss is out of the hospital, he'll get his payday, and pay off the thug's boss. They shake hands, but the thug is squeezing Aiden's.

In the square, Will tells Marlena he's missing Sonny. He admits it was because of him, and were it not for his actions, he, Arianna, and Sonny would still be a family. They talk about Chad's potential as a suspect, how Chad's having a rough time and has been "more like a DiMera" since his return. (Weird, it's like Chad's not even his friend or anything here.) Blames Chad's feelings for Abigail for the change. Marlena tells him to trust Abigail, and trust Sonny, maybe go back to work.

Rafe and Hope rehash the laundry list about Chad, the petal, the Club, the altercation with Paige, Justin's zeal, Chad's blackouts. Rafe notes no history of alcohol abuse, suspects a setup. They decide to get a psych profile from Marlena, they fist bump just as flowers arrive. Rafe learns Hope and Aiden are engaged. They're happy, he's happy; they hug.

At DiMansion (?), Abby clasps hands with Chad, begs him to consider hypnotherapy with Marlena, promises to get him in secretly. They talk about the possibility that Chad's guilty (Abby doesn't believe it) and that Stefano might be setting him up (Abby thinks that's a stretch even for Stefano).

At Club TBD, Kayla is waiting when Steve arrives. Steve's surprised, thought Kayla'd said all she needed to. She asks about his talk with Joey, wonders how he can make this progress with Joe, then run off for "who knows how long" to hunt for Bo. Cut to Bo, grimy in his cell. Steve tells Kayla that he's spoken with John, no record of Bo working for the ISA. That means he's either in deep cover, or deep trouble. Wonders if finding Bo will give them another chance. [No answer is given.]

At the Cop Shop, Kayla appears as Rafe and Hope are hugging. Kayla had a deposition, wanted to talk to Hope, learns Aiden and Hope are engaged. They rehash the Hope/Aiden/Kayla saga, from disapproval to acceptance, Kayla worries that they won't be sisters-in-law anymore if she marries Aiden. They hug, talk about Steve's quest to find Bo. Hope wishes Steve could find Bo, for Ciara, Shawn-D, Caroline, and Kayla; and to tell him that it's over between them. She fingers the flowers as she wonders how she got so lucky.

At the hospital, Aiden has a fractured finger, a nurse is giving him follow-up instructions. He overhears her talk about Mr DiMera as he's leaving, enters the Phoenix's room through that silly side door, wakes Stefano up. Aiden tells him about the threat he received, Stefano says it's not his fault Aiden likes to gamble, or blew his dead wife's inheritance. Aiden orders him not to talk about his wife; Stefano closes his eyes, and Aiden digs in a cupboard, finds a key. A nurse (Samantha) comes in to check on Stefano, Aiden hides; the nurse is called out, Aiden gloats to Stefano, leaves.

At Club TBD, Ben calls Abby, gets her voicemail. At the same time, Abby is in the hospital and calls Marlena (who is sitting in her office), asks if her schedule is clear. It is. Abby hangs up and snaps into action. Marlena is stymied, but a few moments later (after some other scenes), Abby brings Chad to her. Chad talks about the case with Marlena, how he was drunk when Serena was murdered, thinks he's being tailed, Marlena deduces this means he's not sure. Marlena agrees to hypnotise him, he's looking for an alibi. Chad tells her she can turn over the info to the police even if it's incriminating. Marlena sends Abby out, Chad jokes about the "hocus pocus" she's going to do, she tells him to relax. She's darkening the shades when there's a knock on the door, it's Rafe. (Just where is her secretary, anyway, LOL.) Chad hides, Rafe enters, he wants to know if she'll do a profile. She says no, she's pretty busy now, but then buckles and will make time. Tells her not to let the fact that Chad's a person of interest cloud her report, and through their talk, she figures out Rafe isn't gung-ho on Chad, it's all coming together too neatly for Rafe. He leaves; Chad asks why she covered for him. He's a patient, she's under no obligation, etc. Marlena notes that Chad had to hear Rafe's doubts, he's glad someone besides Angel Abby is in his corner. They get started.

In his grimy cell, Bo dreams again of coming home to "Fancy Face."

Still at the police station, Hope and Kayla talk about Steve, how it was easier for Kayla to hate him when he wasn't around, how both their men abandoned them, and they just need to move on.

In the Square, Abby is about to call Ben back, Will calls out to her, they talk about Chad, and the murders, she knew Serena and was close to Paige. She can't talk now, Chad is not her business, she's worried Ben will worry. She scoots.

At DiMansion, a gloved-up Aiden has used Stefano's keys, goes digging around in Stefano's desk, through passports, etc. Finds his checkbook and removes a check, as well as some papers Stefano signed, which he folds up to take with him. His phone rings, and he panics when he sees who it is.

In the bushy clearing again, Steve gets a call from someone, speaks a little Greek (?), asks about Bo, talks of an incident years ago where the caller met Bo, learns the caller has seen Bo recently, wants details.

At the police station, Aiden is waiting for Rafe, claims the finger was broken in an elevator mishap. Aiden gets a call, yes he's with him now. Later, Will and Arianna have joined them, here she is...Gabi. She hugs Rafe, and takes Arianna.

At the hospital, Steve wants to tell Kayla about his call, a woman (Monica) he knew who gives passengers rides on the side, she gave Bo a ride, around the same time of the John meeting/Hope letter. Kayla is suspicious, states that Steve will be taken away, what happens if this is fake, and doesn't lead to Bo. Steve realises she's asking if he'll be back if he doesn't succeed and asks her, does she want him to come back? She says no, he doesn't buy it.

At Hope's, Aiden is arriving just ahead of Hope, tells her a dog bit him, they go inside, quick kiss.

Still in his grimy cell, Bo is dreaming of coming home to Hope, up stairs, through doors, never reaching her, she's just out of reach. (Really nice job on these scenes.) He comes to, eats some mouldy bread, coughs, shivers.

At Club TBD, Abby arrives, and she and Ben passionately kiss. She's where she wants to be, hopes that's all that matters. You bet that's all that matters, he says, but they both do camera takes as they hug again.

Marlena is hypnotising Chad, fade to black.

I had to chuckle at Kayla's snark towards Steve "what, did you run over here?"

It will be interesting to see how they tie up the Aiden Stefano story in regards to how or why do they know each other.

Abby grabbed Ben and kissed him passionately, to manipulate him and distract him from her lying, in my opinion.

The Bo scenes, big yawn.

Wow ! I loved the show, today ! I wasn't bored. I think the pace is fine, more characters on canvas. Heck, even Will, who had not been seen for a while, was actually taking full responsibility for his actions today. So in a few lines, the new writers are correcting the wrongs. Kudos ! :clap:

Now, that doesn't mean that I don't have anything else to say about today, though. What would be the fun in that ? :wink: So, here it goes :

- Aiden is indeed a gambler, a liar, and now, an idiot : he tells Rafe his finger got caught in an elevator, and Hope, a dog bit him !!!! Yeah, like nobody's going to pick up on that ! :sarcasm:

- Abigail and Ben : I can't say enough how unhealthy their relationship is ! I see bad things coming...

- Chad : Amazing ! I love the guy, what can I say ? And I can't wait to see his session with Marlena !

- Kayla and Steve : The chemistry is still there ! :love:

- Gabi : Yes, I'm happy about that. Let's see what happens. Too bad T is gone, though !

- Victor and Stefano : I love when these two are in scenes together. Keep'em coming !

Last edited:
Aiden has now officially joined the ranks of Salem fools. After talking trash to Stefano yesterday, he has now seriously upped the ante by breaking into the DiMansion, stealing a check, and then presumably forging the Phoenix's signature on it. If this gets out, he may not live long enough to be disbarred. And where was Harold? It would have made for a good scene if the DiMansion butler had appeared in the library holding a cannon of a pistol, which was pointed at Aiden. Elsewhere, it was disappointing to learn that Sonny has not bothered to contact his spouse. Sure the hack writer had devolved into a whiny, weepy, conniving creep, but he's still Sonny's husband, so not contacting him is rather cold. Finally, Victor had the line of the day when he asked Stefano if could should "adjust his blankie."

Today's episode is without a doubt the finest in the history of the show. No not just in the history of the show but in the history of television. Forget television this was finest moment in the history of any creative art form ever!!

GABI IS BACK!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Okay that Might be a bit of hyperbole on my part. But please note the emphasis on the word "might."

GABI IS BACK :clap::clap::clap:

Honesty does compel me to admit that I would have a preferred a bit more of a build-up other then mention of Gabi having a hearing coming up two weeks ago. They are going to have to explain this somehow; and if that explanation is that the Warden and the rest of the administration of the prison had a meeting and decided that Gabi was simply too pretty to remain incarcerated for any longer I am going to nod my head and say "Yeah, that makes sense." Why would I do that you ask?

Because GABI IS BACK!!! :clap::clap::clap:

In other news, I wonder how long its going to take Hope to catch on that Aiden is telling different versions to explain his broken finger. Hopefully not too long, no pun intended. That's pretty stupid on his part.

And I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm kind of happy that GABI IS BACK!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Back