Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sept 17, 2015

Today's episode was great. I loved everything about it. That dress Kayla was wearing looked so good on her, she is so pretty, they had frumped her up for so long I had forgot how lovely she is!! And I loved Hope's blouse! I really stayed with the show, usually (in the past) I would lose interest and get sidetracked, maybe see half content at most, but I was glued to it today! Chad has grown on me, big time, and I love Rafe. This show has returned to what pulled me in years ago:).:hug:

I typically read spoilers, but I was surprised to see Gabi! Makes me think I need to go spoiler-free for a while to get the full impact of the 50th anniversary! We'll see if I can resist temptation, as I already am pretty well spoiled.

Regarding Aiden - I have a feeling that lie will come to bite him in the rear. And the Stefano comment to Victor about Caroline and Maggie. I remember a scene where I expected Victor to offer for Caroline to temporarily live at the mansion, but I remember being surprised when he didn't. So I also think something is missing in that story, or else Stefano used poor wording to insinuate that Victor and Caroline seem to be getting closer again. I guess time will tell.

Jason, thanks for the summary.

I enjoyed the new music on today's show.

I was right, Aiden is a gambler. He must not be very smart writing a check
to himself. Doesn't he know he'll probably get caught later by a DiMera.
Then he told Rafe and Hope two different stories about his finger. I'm sure
they will discuss later how his finger got hurt.

Fun stuff with Victor and Stefano. Victor wanted to know if he could fix his blankie.
Later, Stefano talked about two women he had to satisfy :)

Great end with Gabi out of jail. Maybe we'll learn tomorrow how she got out early.

Abby better watch out, Ben had the look of hate not love on his face.

Interesting to see Bo have a dream about Hope being in danger. Will he get
back to Salem in time to save her?

Re: Caroline I remember Hope, Victor and Maggie picking her up at the hospital but I was under the impression that they were going back to the Brady Pub. And why wouldn't Jeannie T have mentioned it as well? Bad choice of scenes to cut in my opinion.

I was really annoyed that Rafe knocked on Marlena's door and identified himself as Rafe Hernandez. Are there that many Rafes that would come to visit Marlena? Plus he was her son-in-law for crying out loud they are not acquaintances or business associates.

I need the Bo and Steve/Kayla scenes to move along a bit more. At least we got Bo's nightmare but I don't want to keep seeing that. We have been seeing the same scenes pretty much since August 28. Time for Steve to interact with other Salemites and/or get on the road to find Bo.

I'm willing to suspend all disbelief about how Gabi was released. Troy, did you know Gabi is back?

Although I did enjoy the fast pace of today's episode, it was jarring. Kayla was with Steve, ended on a question, but then she's at the police station. Steve is out for most of the middle of the episode, then back at the end.

Marlena's with Will, then suddenly in her office. Will is missing for the middle, then called by Aiden to rush to the cop shop. Then Aiden's at Hope's and we get 40 seconds of Gabi's release.

I like the pace but the "flow" felt off today. And they would have to work really, really, really hard (I speak from some experience here) to keep this pace up without burning through the story too fast. :)

During some of those Committee meetings for the Bicentennial, Caroline was driving from Club TBD to the Pub. If she's well enough to drive, and walk without a cane, why is she staying with Victor? Perhaps Stefano is senile, LOL.

I agree - odd that Rafe identified himself that way. He should have said "It's Rafe," OR "It's Detective Hernandez" since it was official business. I think it's odd that the police don't have their own profiler. I'm curious how a situation like this works with confidentiality - because she can't very well indicate that she can't do the profile without giving away that the suspect is a client, nor could she objectively do the profile knowing as much as she knows. I think I know how it would be handled in real life...but this is Salem, where the cop asking is her ex-son-in-law, so...LOL.

I think Marlena is the Salem PD's psychiatric consult. Rafe mentioned she has done stuff for them in the past.

The pacing has been bothering me too but it seems like something we need to get used to. My biggest issue is the characters popping up late in the show. Very difficult to turn off the show if you don't like the beginning.

I really think Abigail needs to do a reality check! How much longer can she continue to lead two men on and it not blow up in her face? At this point I am sick of Aiden! Can't wait for him to get what's coming to him! I am really loving these new writers though!

I had to chuckle at Kayla's snark towards Steve "what, did you run over here?"
Abby grabbed Ben and kissed him passionately, to manipulate him and distract him from her lying, in my opinion.
Not a smart move on her part at all. I am ready for this storyline to be put out of its misery. This will only cause Ben to become more unhinged later in my opinion. Abby is just kidding herself, with her false sense of security. She should ask Sami how a relationship built on lies ends up. Scratch that, cousin Stephanie is a better candidate to offer up some sage advice.

Marlena/ Will/ Rafe/ Chad were top notch.

The Stefano and Victor scenes seemed disjointed.

Aiden's little white lies to cover his tracks are starting to add up. He told Rafe and Hope two very different versions of how his finger got hurt.

Lastly, it was so nice to see Gabi reunited with her daughter.

This seemed odd to me. Will stops Abigail to ask how she was. Mentions she must be upset over the deaths of Paige & Serena. Abigail acts like it was no big deal. I realize she was rushing to get back to Ben, but she really acted like Paige's death has not upset her.

I totally missed that comment. I know he discussed the deaths with Marlena but don't recall him discussing them with Abigail too.

Why would Bo need penicillin?

Back